Discontinued The Woodeez Vaporizer/Diffuser

nuvap

85% Sativa / 15% Indica
How long does it normally take for Todd to reply to emails? I mailed him a few days ago to ask about EU delivery but have not received a reply yet. I'd really love one of these Woodeez and the money is burning a hole in my pocket waiting to order one!

nuvap,

Maxey

-[GoSu]-
From my last post you can get the answers you seek ;)
Todd usually repy emails in few hours or minutes.

Maxey,

nuvap

85% Sativa / 15% Indica
Maxey said:
From my last post you can get the answers you seek ;)
Todd usually repy emails in few hours or minutes.
Oh, I've just read your other post... it sounds promising! :D

I just have to wait for a reply from Todd now, I don't really want to just go ahead and order it without confirming it will be ok. Fingers crossed he will reply soon as I'd like to get it ordered ASAP. :peace:

nuvap,

Destructo

I just came home from work, and found a package in my mailbox. I got way too excited when I found out it was the WDZ. :) Super excited to use it! I'll do a video review in a month, just so I know the pros and cons well.

Destructo,

nuvap

85% Sativa / 15% Indica
Destructo said:
I just came home from work, and found a package in my mailbox. I got way too excited when I found out it was the WDZ. :) Super excited to use it! I'll do a video review in a month, just so I know the pros and cons well.
Bah! Your making me jealous now, Destructo. Let us know how it is and some pictures of the wood too pls. :)
Come on Todd, answer my email so I can order one! :peace:

nuvap,

Destructo

So I've had the WDZ since yesterday, and all I can say it is awesome. I use such a small amount to get rips, the efficiency amazes me. I'd like to thank Todd for replacing one of the stems, for a glass one, at no extra charge. The WDZ works awesome in my bong, super smooth rips. I'm pretty vaked right now, so I can't really think of anything else to say about the WDZ. :D

Pics : http://s1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb411/Macks101/

Destructo,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
The efficiency is rediculous. I haven't bought meds in almost a month (I vape daily at least once a day...usually 3-5 stems throughout the day or so). This device is NOTICEABLY saving me money and medicating me perfectly.

I have only turned on the Q ONE time since I got my WDZ...and that was because I had company. But I still use the WDZ for 1-3 people because everyone gets a stem and we pass the WDZ around like a piece and just use our own stem. Everyone gets to use their own herb, use the same stem, and vapes the same amount.

I love my WDZ.

finchrock24,

chewyrails

I'm from Canada and ordered a WDZ in the first week of December. It got to me in the first week of January. Most parcels that I've ordered from the US have taken about a month. My MFLB got dinged with a $20 customs fee that I had to pay when I ordered from BlisssVille, but my WDZ did not. As far as I know, any purchase in this price range sent from the US to Canada is supposed to be charged a customs fee. But, in reality, parcels do get by without the customs fee being charged.

The WDZ looks great. All corners/edges are smoothed, and it's very comfortable to hold. When it arrived, I plugged it in and let it heat up for 45 minutes, then buffed it with Woodeez Waxx, and then let it sit for another half hour before taking my first hit. At first I wasn't sure what kind of draw speed/intensity I should use, but it still got me nicely vaked. I figured out how to draw properly over the next day or two, and the WDZ has been plugged in and used frequently ever since (almost a month now).

I like the WDZ very much, but it has not become my #1 vaporizer. However, it was never intended to be my #1. I bought it to fit a niche, and it does so wonderfully. I also have a Volcano Classic and the MFLB. I wanted something that's quicker to use than the Volcano, because I do not keep the Volcano out and set up all the time. It gets put away when not in use. The LB had been filling the role of "quick vape," but I was very curious about log vapes, so I got the WDZ to be my go-to vape when I wanted to get vaked quickly with very little effort. The LB is very good for this type of use and I feel that I can get more vaked with the LB than the WDZ, but the WDZ takes less effort to prepare and use than the LB or Volcano, and it does get me very nicely vaked.

As most readers already know, the WDZ is super efficient. I have nothing negative to say about it. I do sometimes want to get more intensely vaked than the WDZ can make me, so I use the Volcano or the LB to get me there. But that's not a negative against the WDZ or any log vape. The effects of the WDZ are not disappointing at all. In fact, I wish I'd discovered vaporizers and bought a log vape 7 years ago when I started combusting bud. It would have made the stoner life a lot cheaper and easier (no need to go for "walks," especially in the winter).

The only slightly disappointing thing about my order was that I didn't know I could ask for a glass stem in place of one of the plastic ones. I like the plastic ones, so it's not a big deal, but it'd be nice to have/try a glass one. But this issue is nobody's fault... certainly not Todd's. Todd was great to deal with.

:peace:

CR

chewyrails,

steiner666

Serial vapist
chewyrails said:
The only slightly disappointing thing about my order was that I didn't know I could ask for a glass stem in place of one of the plastic ones. I like the plastic ones, so it's not a big deal, but it'd be nice to have/try a glass one. But this issue is nobody's fault... certainly not Todd's. Todd was great to deal with.

:peace:

CR

yeah i got a glass one with mine... I cant really say that you're missing out on too much IMO. I find myself using the white ones a lot more because theres no worries about them rolling off my desk and breaking or anything. And they arent as long/heavy as the glass so they sit in the heat exchanger a little better (not that it really matters since i always hold it horizontally when i'm hitting).

the wdz has easily become my most frequently used vape. My usage has been cut in half, yet i'm medicated throughout the entire day at a nice, even level, rather than getting too ripped and crashing mid-day for a nap. definitely love it. i move it around with me to the different rooms of the house throughout the day, and it almost seems like it works better in some than others. not sure if theres a difference in the outlets or maybe just ambient temp, but i'm kinda leaning toward the former, since the temp doesnt vary THAT much from room to room. I noticed the room where i plug it straight into the wall, where there are probably the newest outlets in the house, seems to give me thicker hits than plugged into my surge protector in my normal mancave room.

steiner666,

Destructo

Does anyone know how to properly clean the WDZ stems? I did the method described on the PD faq on the PD site, and I still have problems with the stems being clogged :/ . Any successful methods of cleaning the stems?

Destructo,

pinoy

PACQUIAO!!!
I have a plastic tube that I use to soak my stems in ISO. I let soak for 6 hours and give it a few shakes. Then I rinse out with water. The stems and screens look brand new again.

pinoy,

steiner666

Serial vapist
What i've been doing to help prevent clogging is take a couple draws on the stem after you empty it or before you load the next one. Sometimes i'll get a surprisingly good hit or two just from what was caked on around the screen. After taking a couple hits, blow through it real good and there should be much better airflow.

steiner666,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
^

That's what I do with my DBV and my WDZ. Doing that after every stem with save you time cleaning later.

aesthyrian,

Nycdeisel

Yep. I also try not to leave a stem packed if I dont have to, since it much easier to remove the AVB when its still warm. Then I blow through the stem a few times, I clean my PD stems pretty often though, they have not ever gotten actually 'clogged'

All I do is keep my purple bottle mostly filled with ISO and I just dump one stem in at a time(I always put it in so that the mouthpiece end is on top) and shake a bit and let it soak and do that a couple more times, remove and be sure to run water through BOTH ends!

Nycdeisel,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I leave my bud in an unfinished PD stem as is, and prior to my next session I'll connect it to the base unit and let it warm for a few minutes or so. (many times I'll fall asleep before finishing a stem even with the base unit in my hand.) I find it easier to tap out the ABV than using force to blow it out. If the tube hasn't been fully cleared I'll use a wood toothpick to mildly scrape the screen, then tap again. Or maybe then I'll blow it out. Only once in a while do I feel the need to use the purple bottle.

jeffp,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
jeffp said:
I leave my bud in an unfinished PD stem as is, and prior to my next session I'll connect it to the base unit and let it warm for a few minutes or so. (many times I'll fall asleep before finishing a stem even with the base unit in my hand.) I find it easier to tap out the ABV than using force to blow it out. If the tube hasn't been fully cleared I'll use a wood toothpick to mildly scrape the screen, then tap again. Or maybe then I'll blow it out. Only once in a while do I feel the need to use the purple bottle.

Thanks for the toothpick tip...just tried it and it removed some material that was a little stubborn.

finchrock24,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I had a box of toothpicks I somehow acquired maybe twenty years ago and finally I found a use for them!

jeffp,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
I have toothpicks laying around the house...they come in handy when you need to rebuild a model aircraft from an unfortunate encounter with tera firma!

finchrock24,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I'm not sure that toothpicks are good to use on your teeth and for myself and many they were usurped by floss picks. Joking aside, I find toothpicks very useful for scraping resin off PD tubes. They make the trip to the purple bottle more of a rarity.

jeffp,

JWADD

UberVapist
Hello people of Earth. "How are You?" My hymen breaking Post, and I know all of you from reading your years worth of venom, so I do feel strangely at home, but now being the avid vaporist I seem to be turning into, this page has sucked me in to the point that I must jump into that wonderful world known lovingly as "FC" as an active participant.

First Thanks to Todd at Woodeez. After a weeks worth of pondering and emails to the "Big 3", I choose to go with the Woodeez. Many factors played into this decision, but the time element played heavily. I will admit, somehow the PD has achieved cult status, and probably deservidly so. I don't know because the wait was waaaaay to long to even consider ordering one, and the replies I received back from the man himself were "less than enthusiatic" to say the least. Not to say somewhere down the road I won't satisfy my curiosity and purchase one, but it will be in a situation where I'm not wanting one "right now" and where I will be able to ignore the Flintstone like 6 to 8 weel waiting list.

Would have loved to have bough the Myrtle Zap, and probably will buy one of those as well to really see if there is a difference between the stainless and the Brass, but more so I'll probably buy one because they look freaking great.

Lastly, my Iolite. I can say that this has changed my life. I have been a 35 year smoker, using mostly bongs as my tool of choice. Once I was shown the Iolite and decided to buy it, I cannot smoke in a bong anymore. I mean it taste like crap to me. Burnt crap. I absolutely love the tast of vaporizing and the high I get is the exact one I've always looked for. More head, less body, and very cerebral. I don't miss the instant reaction to the smoke, the smell on me and everything around me, and most of all, I absolutely LOVE going into public places after just taking 3 or 4 bong hits. It's my private little game with the world, but you always had to watch the smell. Now? No smell...Nothing....I have lit my Iolite in the middle of a Frys Electronics store, stuck it in my pocket, and ran surgical tubing down through my sleeve. Talk about Stealth !!! I love this thing, and since I figured out the surgical tubing fits right into the glass stem on my old ROHR, I haven't left it's side since.

So thank you Iolite. Thank You Todd. And Thank you to whoever buys my old Volcano when I post it on Craigs list, because I don't think I'll ever use it again....

JWADD,

OC513

Dabaholic
JWADD said:
Hello people of Earth. "How are You?" My hymen breaking Post, and I know all of you from reading your years wouth of venom, so I do feel strangely at home, but now being the avid vaporist I seem to be turning into, this page has sucked me in to the point that I must jump into that wonderful world known lovingly as "FC" as an active participant.

First Thanks to Todd at Woodeez. After a weeks worth of pondering and emails to the "Big 3", I choose to go with the Woodeez. Many factors played into this decision, but the time element played heavily. I will admit, somehow the PD has achieved cult status, and probably deservidly so. I don't know because the wait was waaaaay to long to even consider ordering one, and the replies I received back from the man himself were "less than enthusiatic" to say the least. Not to say somewhere down the road I won't satisfy my curiosity and purchase one, but it will be in a situation where I'm not wanting one "right now" and where I will be able to ignore the Flintstone like 6 to 8 weel waiting list.

Would have loved to have bough the Myrtle Zap, and probably will buy one of those as well to really see if there is a difference between the stainless and the Brass, but more so I'll probably buy one because they look freaking great.

Lastly, my Iolite. I can say that this has changed my life. I have been a 35 year smoker, using mostly bongs as my tool of choice. Once I was shown the Iolite and decided to buy it, I cannot smoke in a bong anymore. I mean it taste like crap to me. Burnt crap. I absolutely love the tast of vaporizing and the high I get is the exact one I've always looked for. More head, less body, and very cerebral. I don't miss the instant reaction to the smoke, the smell on me and everything around me, and most of all, I absolutely LOVE going into public places after just taking 3 or 4 bong hits. It's my private little game with the world, but you always had to watch the smell. Now? No smell...Nothing....I have lit my Iolite in the middle of a Frys Electronics store, stuck it in my pocket, and ran surgical tubing down through my sleeve. Talk about Stealth !!! I love this thing, and since I figured out the surgical tubing fits right into the glass stem on my old ROHR, I haven't left it's side since.

So thank you Iolite. Thank You Todd. And Thank you to whoever buys my old Volcano when I post it on Craigs list, because I don't think I'll ever use it again....

welcome. If you liked bongs as a smoker, which was my weapon of choice as well, you should try running your WDZ thru your glass. The stems fit directly into a 14.4 joint. Thats how I use my WDZ and I absolutely love it.

OC513,

JWADD

UberVapist
Thanks for the nice greeting. Warm and fuzzy. I know somewhere, somehow, I'm going to piss somebody off, but for now, Mr Nice enjoying the vapors....
The mating of the Woodeez to the Rohr will commence upon arrival of my WDZ. See, I'm still waiting.
Coming sometime soon. Don't get me wrong. I already am in love with the concept of the Log Vape, I just haven't laid hands on mine yet. Paid for and somewhere between them and I, and definitely in my dreams, but just not in my hands yet. The Iolite IS in my hands, almost a month now, and THAT'S what got me into the vaping thing. I quickly got the volcano, which was fun for about a day, but soon grew old, with the inflating, sucking, heating, waiting, sticking, popping, etc. I have since mastered how to really, really make the Iolite cook when I mated it to my Rohr, and I feel like the old bong guy again only now I'm sucking down vapes, not smoke. I have found that if i quickly pull the tubing out of the stem (like a carb hole) and put it back in, over and over, I get a great hit over and over.....I'm loving how far my stash goes with the Iolite, so I'm going to be blown away by the Woodeez.....Woof

JWADD,

JWADD

UberVapist
THE WOODEEZ IS COMING...THE WOODEEZ IS COMING.....USPS won't update info though, but I KNOW IT'S COMING.....Everyday/all day usage of the Iolite comes to a close soon...So stoked....:2c:

JWADD,

redheadedeskimo

Destructo said:
redheadedeskimo said:
I know that you can leave it in all the time, but that doesn't mean that I want to.

What makes you say that? Not trying to be rude, just curious.

I have a limited number of outlets in my room, and also electricity isn't free. I dunno how much a 12v adapter uses a month, but one of the reasons I picked up the Woodeez is because I'm low on cash, and it helps preserve bud. Sorry for the super late reply, I didn't really keep up with the forums, haha. Just been enjoying my Woodeez :D

Quick edit: one of the things that really makes me enjoy my Woodeez is milking it through my bong. It's so nice, and fits so well. Just gotta be sure not to leave it sitting around with the Woodeez on it unless you have a really, really solid bong.

redheadedeskimo,

T.H SEE

i emailed Tod about shipping to England UK. I was wondering is there anyone in western Europe (or my country) who has bought a woodeez? How much did you pay for shipping? did you pay any customs fees? and what did you do about the transformer?

Any answers would be great, every time i settle on a vaporizer a better one comes along!

T.H SEE,
Top Bottom