The WISPR vaporizer

max

Out to lunch
Btw, for anyone who ordered on GotVape, did they require a signature for this shipment?
I would be shocked if they required a sig. I've ordered a couple of times from them in the distant past-no problem. It is possible that carriers like UPS and FedX would need your approval to leave packages at your front door, but if you're getting deliveries from other companies that way, you're fine.

i wonder how those mouth pieces will hold up with so much heat passing through them.
Heat wasn't the problem with the iolite mouthpieces, and it shouldn't be a problem here either. Excessive heat isn't really a problem for any vaporizer mouthpiece. It's just not that hot. And since the company did have major mouthpiece issues with the io, for various reasons, I'd think they would be careful not to have any more.

max,

guardian

i dont think the new wisprs look too bad thank you owners for pictures :) peace enjoy your io's

guardian,
Can someone tell me if this is normal?

Order date: 27-Jul-2011
Order #
Web Order #
Shipping to:
Billed To:
Pending (as of 7/28/2011)
Order Unapproved: 7/28/2011
0 Packages
SKU Item Name Ordered/Shipped Status
WISPR-EXP WISPR by Iolite 1 Ordered, 1 Shipped Pending Shipment
Expected Ship Date: 7/29/2011

It says it was unapproved or something... I orderd it after it become not a presale on wensday and it hasn't shipped yet...

Any help would be appreciated.

Dealwithit,
Dealwithit said:
Can someone tell me if this is normal?

Order date: 27-Jul-2011
Order #
Web Order #
Shipping to:
Billed To:
Pending (as of 7/28/2011)
Order Unapproved: 7/28/2011
0 Packages
SKU Item Name Ordered/Shipped Status
WISPR-EXP WISPR by Iolite 1 Ordered, 1 Shipped Pending Shipment
Expected Ship Date: 7/29/2011

It says it was unapproved or something... I orderd it after it become not a presale on wensday and it hasn't shipped yet...

Any help would be appreciated.

id give them a call right away

T H E O R E M,
max said:
Btw, for anyone who ordered on GotVape, did they require a signature for this shipment?
I would be shocked if they required a sig. I've ordered a couple of times from them in the distant past-no problem. It is possible that carriers like UPS and FedX would need your approval to leave packages at your front door, but if you're getting deliveries from other companies that way, you're fine.

i wonder how those mouth pieces will hold up with so much heat passing through them.
Heat wasn't the problem with the iolite mouthpieces, and it shouldn't be a problem here either. Excessive heat isn't really a problem for any vaporizer mouthpiece. It's just not that hot. And since the company did have major mouthpiece issues with the io, for various reasons, I'd think they would be careful not to have any more.
ive actually read a few times of the threads, or parts of the mouth piece melting. And since reading those, i imagined the material used in new product being a more soft/flexable material made it slightly suspect at first. But you are probably right, it would be crazy for them to make this issue worse it newest model, so its prob fine.

T H E O R E M,
T H E O R E M said:
It seems they are only open during the week.

I did email the company asking if there was a problem on Friday during business hours but haven't heard back.

And the money has been refunded into my account.. This is weird

Anyone know of any other sites besides gotvape that I can order from?

Dealwithit,
Dealwithit said:
T H E O R E M said:
It seems they are only open during the week.

And the money has been refunded into my account.. This is weird

Anyone know of any other sites besides gotvape that I can order from?
perhaps a color was out of stock or something along those lines?

T H E O R E M,

max

Out to lunch
It looks like Gotvape was able to get stock before other US dealers. They're probably a main distributor. They may be completely sold out since they seem to the the only dealer shipping so far. Gratefulbuys.com and wholesalevaporizers.com are both taking pre-orders at $269.

max,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

InFlames235 said:
I still have the old iolite lying around somewhere so when my WISPR arrives Tuesday I'll take side-by-side shots. Btw, for anyone who ordered on GotVape, did they require a signature for this shipment? I will be working Tuesday and I really want them to leave the WISPR at the door.

Yes they need a signature from someone who is 21 years old. If you are not going to be home just photocopy your driver's license and write on the paper for them to please leave the package and sign your name. UPS did this for me in the past. The only bad thing is if someone steals your package.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

max

Out to lunch
Gotvape must have changed their policy-requiring a signature. I don't know any other dealers that require one for domestic shipments. :/ And I wonder how long Gotvape is going to be the only dealer getting this vape? I feel like better pricing will be available (at least for FC members) if you're willing to wait for other retailers to get a supply.

max,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Herborizer said:
I just got the skinny from a GotVape rep directly. The reason they will have the lowest price of anyone when this thing is released, is because they will be the only one selling it when its released. They got exclusive rights for 6 months on these from the manufacture.

max: From much earlier in this thread. Either gratefulbuys.com and wholesalevaporizers.com are really really premature with their pre-orders. or the GotVape rep was blowing it out of his ass. I wonder which of these is correct...

pakalolo,

dopefiend

Hey guys,

I've been a non-member lurker here for years, but I've only now really felt like I've got something new to contribute to the discussion here. I've just conducted a very thorough review of the WISPR for my podcast, the Dopecast. I don't know if it's OK to post the link here because the podcast contains an ad for a place where you can buy the WISPR, so it might be considered spamming. I'd appreciate it if admin could let me know if it'd be ok or not, if so I'll post the link. Otherwise I guess you can just google "dopefiend"!

Generally speaking, I like this vape- it improves on the iolite in that the ignition system is a lot more reliable and efficient, the mouthpiece is way more convenient, and the whole thing seems sturdier and better designed. The only downsides are that it's a bit too bulky to slip in your front jeans pocket, and, like the iolite, it's only fixed temp.

Nonetheless, I and the others I consulted for my podcast were very impressed by it.

dopefiend,

Hai_Rypo_T'head

Why smoke and die, when you can vape and fly?
Thanks Dopefiend, I'll head over to your podcast after I test my iolite to make sure it's still working. :)

Meanwhile, 'fixed temp' isn't a serious issue for me. (My bulky Arizer Solo has 7 temperature settings, but I always set it at the same middle one or 2 of them, [settings 3 and 4]). For ease of handling, general use and portability, I prefer the iolite. ;) Pity about the hiss. :(

The Wisper's other new features seem worth considering.

And BTW, according to early reports, the Wispr is no quieter than the iolite.

If so, shame on Oglesby & Butler, for giving it a misleading name in the first place. :uhoh:

Hai_Rypo_T'head,

dopefiend

Hai_Rypo_T'head said:
And BTW, according to early reports, the Wispr is no quieter than the iolite.

If so, shame on Oglesby & Butler, for giving it a misleading name in the first place. :uhoh:

Haha yeah they'll take some stick for that definitely! I asked them about that and they told me this:

"Some people thought the WISPR would be quieter that the IOLITE but that is not the case. Its the same however like I said it does not cycle as much. The name WISPR comes from a combination of the noise it does make and the WISPs of vapour it produces!"

It's true that it doesn't cycle as much though, so that's a good thing

by the way I also just put up a youtube video review of the wispr. Again it's got an ad in it! sorry!

dopefiend,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Glad you've joined Dopefiend, I've enjoyed your podcasts for years. Hope we see more of you on here.

WatTyler,

sundaddy

Hey Dopefiend, glad to see you finally join in our Reindeer games! For those of you that don't know, This guy's got the best podcast on the internet. ..... Stay stoned DF. It sounds like the Wispr might be a little easier to hook up to a bong, being able to "stand up on it's own" that is.

sundaddy,

max

Out to lunch
dopefiend said:
"Some people thought the WISPR would be quieter that the IOLITE but that is not the case. Its the same however like I said it does not cycle as much. The name WISPR comes from a combination of the noise it does make and the WISPs of vapour it produces!"
Since many think the iolite is noisy (it does really depend on the background noise at your vaping location), they're going to assume the wispr name implies quieter operation. And for many, 'wispy vapor' implies thin, unappetizing vapor, so I don't think that comparison will be a plus. IMO O&B just doesn't do a very good job with vape naming. The i-Inhale name was a bust due to copyright infringement (or whatever legalese applies), and in addition to the 'WISPR implies quieter operation' problem, I'm already getting really tired of typing the name in caps. :/ And some are mistakenly calling it the 'iolite WISPR'. The company makes this worse with their site - my-iolite.com. Makes you wonder if they'll come up with another site - my-WISPR.com. I doubt it.

Here's your youtube vid dopefiend. It's not advertising if someone else posts it. ;) - WISPR review Very nice review. Good to hear, as I assumed, that the housing is cooler than the iolite. Also 1st I've heard that the mouthpiece stem is silicone. Since that material typically has a very high temp range, it should be excellent for a stem. Makes me wonder even more about attaching a short length of tubing though, since the stem seems so flexible. :hmm:

max,

nr-cole

max said:
dopefiend said:
Since many think the iolite is noisy (it does really depend on the background noise at your vaping location), they're going to assume the wispr name implies quieter operation. And for many, 'wispy vapor' implies thin, unappetizing vapor, so I don't think that comparison will be a plus. IMO O&B just doesn't do a very good job with vape naming. The i-Inhale name was a bust due to copyright infringement (or whatever legalese applies), and in addition to the 'WISPR implies quieter operation' problem, I'm already getting really tired of typing the name in caps. :/ And some are mistakenly calling it the 'iolite WISPR'. The company makes this worse with their site - my-iolite.com. Makes you wonder if they'll come up with another site - my-WISPR.com. I doubt it.

Here's your youtube vid dopefiend. It's not advertising if someone else posts it. ;) - WISPR review Very nice review. Good to hear, as I assumed, that the housing is cooler than the iolite. Also 1st I've heard that the mouthpiece stem is silicone. Since that material typically has a very high temp range, it should be excellent for a stem. Makes me wonder even more about attaching a short length of tubing though, since the stem seems so flexible. :hmm:

Maybe they just assume that people who are going to attach a longer stem are going to make it a whip, and everybody else who doesn't mind the short length will be fine with this one. From the pictures, a longer stem would have changed the shape and button orientation of the device.

Personally the WISPR seems like an Apple product update. A few minor enhancements that make it fairly more desirable. Shame they didn't follow the Apple pricing model and put the WISPR at the Iolite price and drop the original price. Still I guess that's something you can only afford to do when you're Apple. The improvements are good but you expect a product to improve over time. The increase seems excessive when it's not a hugely different leap forward.

nr-cole,

Bun.it

dopefiend said:
Hey guys,

I've been a non-member lurker here for years, but I've only now really felt like I've got something new to contribute to the discussion here. I've just conducted a very thorough review of the WISPR for my podcast, the Dopecast. I don't know if it's OK to post the link here because the podcast contains an ad for a place where you can buy the WISPR, so it might be considered spamming. I'd appreciate it if admin could let me know if it'd be ok or not, if so I'll post the link. Otherwise I guess you can just google "dopefiend"!

Generally speaking, I like this vape- it improves on the iolite in that the ignition system is a lot more reliable and efficient, the mouthpiece is way more convenient, and the whole thing seems sturdier and better designed. The only downsides are that it's a bit too bulky to slip in your front jeans pocket, and, like the iolite, it's only fixed temp.

Nonetheless, I and the others I consulted for my podcast were very impressed by it.

Good to see you here, good review, loved the show as always.

Bun.it,

ManFlies352

max said:
dopefiend said:

Honestly, that was the best review we have seen so far for the WISPR. Really glad to see those thick vape clouds...definitely thicker than what I had going with my original iolite. Really excited for tomorrow's shipment. My review will be coming shortly after the package arrives :)

ManFlies352,

max

Out to lunch
nr-cole said:
Maybe they just assume that people who are going to attach a longer stem are going to make it a whip, and everybody else who doesn't mind the short length will be fine with this one. From the pictures, a longer stem would have changed the shape and button orientation of the device.
I can see why there's no extension option, as with the iolite, since the stem is pretty much tubing, and I'm in agreement that the provided mouthpiece stem is the right length for a one piece stem. But if you can't effectively attach another piece of clear tubing, I think ease of use (in some situations) and possibly some stealth is compromised. I wonder if the iolite mouthpiece extension would fit. It's not see through but it would add length.

Shame they didn't follow the Apple pricing model and put the WISPR at the Iolite price and drop the original price.
At $269, the WISPR isn't much more than the original iolite price. The iolite price has been dropped twice- 1st from $250 to $199. Now the O&B site shows a further drop to $184 (doesn't say it's a sale, so I'm assuming permanent reduction). And since they're now covering a unit purchased from any seller, and not just authorized dealers, you can get an iolite for $100-125 on eBay and be covered under warranty.

max,
Top Bottom