The WISPR vaporizer

nr-cole said:
Not sure how reliable these folks are (never heard of them before and not sure how they got their hands on a WISPR 2 months ago), but they claim that the WISPR does in fact produce superior vapor to the Iolite.

http://www.vaporizerreviewsource.com/wispr-vaporizer-review/

i am not convinced this would be worth its price unfortunately, considering, if its durability is anything like previous models, i can have 2 models back iolite off amazon for 125-130 shipped, thats 130 bucks less...

T H E O R E M,

Hai_Rypo_T'head

Why smoke and die, when you can vape and fly?
Fellow Aussie Mongrel, "who in their right mind", indeed!

And BTW, I assume "the big brown eye" is a metaphor (epithet? euphemism?), for something unmentionable in polite company, (like FC.)

In future, as far as I'm concerned, those shill sites can go and stick it (but I'd rather not say where.) :(

Hai_Rypo_T'head,

mongrel

Hai_Rypo_T'head said:
In future, as far as I'm concerned, those shill sites can go and stick it (but I'd rather not say where.) :(

well i'll say it... right up the ol' brown eye a.k.a. arse, ass, acher, blurter and last but not least date!
goodness me ... i forgot polite company... posterior, buns, peaches;
which leads me to an "i'm so damned stoned question'"

what is the real term for arse cheeks? surely in hozzie the doctor doesn't say... "okay, let's stich up his arse cheeks!" hmmm!

what is the real term for your botty?

for strain junkies... my goodness... kong is almost hallucinogetic in a vape.
edited.. like towelly, i have no idea what's going on.

bit off topic but testimony to the effectiveness of goin' solo.

mongrel,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

Just got my Wispr today. It's definitely NOT quieter than the previous model. I do love the folding silicone mouthpiece. Looks like the silicone will tear if you are to aggressive with it. Glad i ordered an extra mouthpiece. But i do like it's flexibility. The dual click lighting is better so far than the older on/off switch. You click down to start the release of the butane and then another click down to ignite the gas. Its still a little hot to hold but it's not as bad as the first one. The butane filling window is great it should of been there since the first iolite. It does hold more gas and lasts a little longer. It hits a little better than the first one but not a dramatic difference. Pretty much tastes the same. I like that it is shorter and that it can stand upright. Even though i never minded laying the old one down. I do not like that it is thicker in width and depth. Its thick square body does not conform to your hand as good as the older one does. The heating pin looks exactly the same while the bowl piece seems a little deeper. Instead of a carry case it comes with a drawstring sac that says Wispr by iolite on it. Very cheap of them to do that especially for the price. I guess i can look for an old gameboy advance case or camera case for it. Overall i do like the performance of it better than the first but time will tell. As for the looks of it, the first iolite blows it away.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,
CarlosSpiceyWeiner said:
Just got my Wispr today. It's definitely NOT quieter than the previous model. I do love the folding silicone mouthpiece. Looks like the silicone will tear if you are to aggressive with it. Glad i ordered an extra mouthpiece. But i do like it's flexibility. The dual click lighting is better so far than the older on/off switch. You click down to start the release of the butane and then another click down to ignite the gas. Its still a little hot to hold but it's not as bad as the first one. The butane filling window is great it should of been there since the first iolite. It does hold more gas and lasts a little longer. It hits a little better than the first one but not a dramatic difference. Pretty much tastes the same. I like that it is shorter and that it can stand upright. Even though i never minded laying the old one down. I do not like that it is thicker in width and depth. Its thick square body does not conform to your hand as good as the older one does. The heating pin looks exactly the same while the bowl piece seems a little deeper. Instead of a carry case it comes with a drawstring sac that says Wispr by iolite on it. Very cheap of them to do that especially for the price. I guess i can look for an old gameboy advance case or camera case for it. Overall i do like the performance of it better than the first but time will tell. As for the looks of it, the first iolite blows it away.

thanks for the post, interesting that the hissing isnt reduced. Sorta goes against its name now. lol

T H E O R E M,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

T H E O R E M said:
CarlosSpiceyWeiner said:

thanks for the post, interesting that the hissing isnt reduced. Sorta goes against its name now. lol

I think they meant like in the ad i saw on there website. Sshhh!!! its the Wispr keep it a secret. Lol!

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

ManFlies352

Carlos, your review kinda disappoints me :(. Mine just shipped today but from what you've said it seems like a very minor update rather than what I was expecting. Hoping my opinion of the device differs when I receive it. Any pictures??? :D

ManFlies352,

Ecopain

Here's a few pictures of my new wispr direct from O&B.
I can confirm that it is just as loud but the hits are deffo much better than the iolite.
The glow is nice and strong seems much better.
Still gets warm in the hand.
WP_000042.jpg

WP_000041.jpg

WP_000029.jpg

WP_000028.jpg

WP_000038.jpg

WP_000036.jpg

WP_000031.jpg

WP_000032.jpg

WP_000034.jpg

WP_000040.jpg

WP_000039.jpg

Ecopain,

elevation

Thanks for taking the time to take all these pictures for us :peace:

It looks classier than my iolite, and i doubt a lot of people will recognize this as a herbal vaporization device.

Still i dont think i will buy it. My iolite still works fine and apart from looks, this thing seems to have some advencements that will bring more convenience, but not a real better performance.

But i wont draw conclusions too soon, this thread might get interesting.

elevation,

mongrel

elevation said:
But i wont draw conclusions too soon, this thread might get interesting.
agree mate, i'm a fan of the iolite and i really want wispr to be better.

mongrel,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

I agree with Ecopain that the gas light is nice and strong. But now the orange glow light is too bright if you are trying to be stealthy with it in low light settings. ( Like a movie theater) Since i have been using it since 5:00 pm yesterday and also while typing this post. I can say that it does produce a denser hit. I never really coughed much with my older iolite. But when a friend and i were first trying the Wispr out we were both coughing alot when we drew to hard. With the original iolite you could draw until your face turned blue.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

max

Out to lunch
InFlames235 said:
Carlos, your review kinda disappoints me . Mine just shipped today but from what you've said it seems like a very minor update rather than what I was expecting.
I've only seen a couple of dealer ads and one preview on a vape review site, but I know what the improvements are, other than 'does it hit better?' (apparently so) and 'is it quieter?' (not). The added features and improvements have also been posted here, so I don't know why you're not aware of them, especially since you've ordered one.

-Fuel window for checking butane level
-longer vaping time
-quicker warm up
-folding mouthpiece

mongrel said:
i really want wispr to be better.
It is better. Any argument that it's not doesn't hold water. A fuel window is a nice feature that many have asked for. As is longer vaping time and quicker heat up. And how can a folding mouthpiece not be better? Some may still prefer the iolite, as a better buy, or they like the looks better, etc., but improvements have been made. Not everyone will be satisfied with the better functionality, but that's the way it is with a newer, more expensive model.

Whether the appearance is more stealthy is is a matter of opinion I guess. Depends on viewer assumptions as to what it is and how closely it's inspected. Whether you like the shape better is also subjective. The mouthpiece should be more reliable than the iolite's, since that was a major issue. One site that previewed a unit said it was smaller than the iolite, but I've seen no dimensions or pics with a frame of reference. We see some fingers in one of Ecopain's pics, but a pic of the whole unit, alongside a lighter or drink can, etc., would be more informative.

Whether the improvements are worth the extra $ over the iolite or not is up to the individual, kind of like the DBV vs. SSV.

max,

ManFlies352

max said:
InFlames235 said:
Carlos, your review kinda disappoints me . Mine just shipped today but from what you've said it seems like a very minor update rather than what I was expecting.
I've only seen a couple of dealer ads and one preview on a vape review site, but I know what the improvements are, other than 'does it hit better?' (apparently so) and 'is it quieter?' (not). The added features and improvements have also been posted here, so I don't know why you're not aware of them, especially since you've ordered one.

-Fuel window for checking butane level
-longer vaping time
-quicker warm up
-folding mouthpiece

I am aware of the differences but he was saying that he didn't see a difference in the vape density which is one thing I was really looking forward to and was also something other websites claimed was an improvement. Now that others have posted they feel the vape IS denser that restores my faith a bit :)

ManFlies352,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
One thing I'm waiting to hear is cleaning that mouthpiece section. I make Everclear tincture from soaking vape parts and my IO's being fixed temps provide lovely golden dragon when I soak their parts. Is that mouthpiece bit easy to take apart? Can it be soaked in Everclear?? Just curious. I like the idea of the fuel window...sorry it's not quieter but love to hear the ignition system might be an improvement.

I have 3 IO's and use in rotation. I think the oldest one is now 2yrs old and while it is a bit slower to start than the others it still works well. Not sure whether I'd jump on one of these just yet but if one of my older IO's dies I might if I can still harvest golden dragon from it :D

If I need super stealth mode... I take an LB but the IO's have a place in my vape arsenal for sure!

Lo,

max

Out to lunch
InFlames235 said:
Now that others have posted they feel the vape IS denser that restores my faith a bit

He said "It hits a little better than the first one but not a dramatic difference". How different is going to be another one of those subjective things. Since the noise seems to be about the same, I'd say the 'guts' of the design are probably about the same as the iolite, and a really big difference in hits would be unlikely, given the limitations in design and size. Hopefully the difference will be enough to satisfy you.

I'm interested to see what differences there are, if any, in the herb chamber screen design. Easier or harder to remove? The screen was upgraded in the iolite a while back, to do a better job of stopping small particles from getting through. I assume they're using the same design in this model. I'm also wondering where the moisture condenser goes, since it looks like a one piece mouthpiece-no extension. Looks like some tubing will be the only way to lengthen the stem.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner said:
Here i did some quick ones for you.
Excellent! :cool: :bowdown:

max,

ManFlies352

max said:
InFlames235 said:
Now that others have posted they feel the vape IS denser that restores my faith a bit

He said "It hits a little better than the first one but not a dramatic difference". How different is going to be another one of those subjective things. Since the noise seems to be about the same, I'd say the 'guts' of the design are probably about the same as the iolite, and a really big difference in hits would be unlikely, given the limitations in design and size. Hopefully the difference will be enough to satisfy you.

I'm interested to see what differences there are, if any, in the herb chamber screen design. Easier or harder to remove? The screen was upgraded in the iolite a while back, to do a better job of stopping small particles from getting through. I assume they're using the same design in this model. I'm also wondering where the moisture condenser goes, since it looks like a one piece mouthpiece-no extension. Looks like some tubing will be the only way to lengthen the stem.

Yea, I was a big fan of the original iolite and the vapor density was fine to me, even though I got one of the first models without the upgraded filling chamber and such. I don't have many qualms about this being a legit product, but I won't know for sure until I have it in my hands :)

ManFlies352,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

max said:
InFlames235 said:

CarlosSpiceyWeiner said:
Here i did some quick ones for you.
Excellent! :cool: :bowdown:

The herb chamber screen is a little different then the original iolite. It is a finer mesh so it should prevent more particles from passing through. But it has the same retaining ring to hold the screen in place. The condenser looks like the brass tool they give you to purge the unit. Not like i will ever use it. Or ever had to use it in the old one.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

Ficus

:peace: I have one in my hands. I'm new to posting but have been lurking for a while.

Received the wispr yesterday. Easy to use. Great vapor. Runs longer than iolite, actually it's been running for about 45 mins and still going. It's bigger and bulkier than the iolite, but will be less conspicuous lying around. Got a brown one.

The fuel window is fabulous.

I will keep you posted as my experience grows.

Ficus,

max

Out to lunch
Welcome to FC Ficus. Your feedback on this new vape will be appreciated.

it's been running for about 45 mins and still going.
I hope so. It's supposed to last 3 hrs. on a charge.

It's bigger and bulkier than the iolite

"This WISPR Vaporizer is basically a newer and smaller version of the Iolite model" http://www.vaporizerreviewsource.com/wispr-vaporizer-review/

How does a review site get size wrong? :/ And even the manufacturer doesn't want to provide actual dimensions. I did notice on O&B's site that they've dropped the iolite price down to $185 US.

max,

ManFlies352

I still have the old iolite lying around somewhere so when my WISPR arrives Tuesday I'll take side-by-side shots. Btw, for anyone who ordered on GotVape, did they require a signature for this shipment? I will be working Tuesday and I really want them to leave the WISPR at the door.

ManFlies352,
Top Bottom