The WISPR vaporizer

August West

Yes that was a bold prediction but I truly believe the difference in the 2 units will definitely stand out with the Arizer turning out to be THE BEST!!! At least if you desire nice size hits and the flavor that only glass can give you. I put in a small amount in the glass stem last night and had it on 3 and was amazed at how big the clouds were that I was exhaling. I got like at least 4-5 nice size hits....something that NEVER happened with my iolite.

I see you chose an Arizer Solo over another O&B product, Hai_Rypo_T'head. GOOD MOVE.....just wait till you try it. YOU WILL NOT BE SORRY and then you will see what so many who have gotten their Solo's are talking about.

I used to Love my Iolite but having them blow me off when I tried to get if fixed really really really turned me off to their company FOREVER!!! Actually I'm glad they did that....it helped turn me on to a much better product IMO.

Happy Vaping People!!!! Have a great Holiday Weekend everybody.

Arizer SOLO, PAMFLB, Crappy old Iolite which doesn't work and that they refuse to fix

August West,

max

Out to lunch
I truly believe the difference in the 2 units will definitely stand out with the Arizer turning out to be THE BEST!!!
Unless you're looking for stealth. If that's the case the Solo can't compete. They're two different types of portable, and I don't expect many will be narrowing it down to those two.

max,

August West

That is true Max....the iolite can be quite stealthy....but all my hassles with it have really turned me off to what I once thought was a terrific product.

It's just the difference between actual vapor coming out of the 2 units is HUGE. Gotta love that glass instead of some metal bowl being heated by a metal spike. The SOLO has brought the JOY OF VAPING back to me and for that I am truly grateful.

August West,

max

Out to lunch
You've made it abundantly clear how you feel about iolite. Your previous post has been reported by another member as out of line/over the top. I think you need to stay out of the iolite threads and post about the vape you like. Don't attack products or companies. ....posts written to offend are not allowed.

max,
max said:
You've made it abundantly clear how you feel about iolite. Your previous post has been reported by another member as out of line/over the top. I think you need to stay out of the iolite threads and post about the vape you like. Don't attack products or companies. ....posts written to offend are not allowed.

I have it from the makers that tha Wispr will blow your mind!

vapegirl1983,

Vitolo

Vaporist
vapegirl1983 said:
I have it from the makers that tha Wispr will blow your mind!
vapegirl... there is nothing more that I would like than having my mind blown. Bring it on!

Vitolo,

anslinger

max said:
greystr0ke said:
so you will most likely get the same weak hits from a device that IMO looks less desirable.
One person's weak hits will fuck up another to the point of being totally wasted. You need to make sure comments like that are expressed as your opinion, not fact. Them's the rules. ;)

Anybody remember when people didn't have to point out that a statement that couldn't possibly be anything but an opinion was an opinion? :lol:

I don't expect to scoop this vape up. And I prefer my Launch Box to my iInhale. But I think I should point out, just as a counter to a lot of comments I see on here, that I never had problems with the iInhale/Iolite. It starts without a problem. I've only ever used cheap Ronson butane. I get (almost) the advertised operating time. Only complaints are that it's loud and needs a cool down period before zipping the case up. And I knew that when I got it.

anslinger,

jhpfunk

I would agree with the previous posters (and my previous sentiments on the matter) that talk of why the Iolite or I-inhale is junky or that one or two other portable vapes are better is unnecessary and unproductive on a forum (started by me) about the WISPR. If you don't like the Iolite or like another portable vape better, god bless. Share it on the forum appropriately titled for your complaint or rave review.

On a relevant note, I noticed on my email today from Gotvape and on Gotvape's website that they had pictured, what appeared to be a black unit. I was very excited. I called since I didn't see black as a color choice and was told that the image was indeed brown and not black. My only pre-gripe is the color choice. I know it's been mentioned, but how 'bout black? Isn't the point to be stealthy? I was going to wait until they decided to make a black one, but I may just go with purple or doo doo brown.

jhpfunk,

max

Out to lunch
anslinger said:
Anybody remember when people didn't have to point out that a statement that couldn't possibly be anything but an opinion was an opinion?
Anyone remember how all sorts of opinions (ridiculous ones, at times) would get reported by some and passed around as fact by other naive readers? Problem is, it's not past tense. It's still a problem- one that we actively address here, and we will continue to do so. Do not state opinion as fact. We don't want to spread bad information.

jhpfunk said:
I would agree with the previous posters (and my previous sentiments on the matter) that talk of why the Iolite or I-inhale is junky or that one or two other portable vapes are better is unnecessary and unproductive on a forum (started by me) about the WISPR. If you don't like the Iolite or like another portable vape better, god bless. Share it on the forum appropriately titled for your complaint or rave review.
Let's make the official FC stance clear (as much as possible in this gray area). Starting the thread doesn't give the OP any more rights on it than anyone else. Anyone is free to say that they don't like the vape, and why. Otherwise, all we'd have would be cheerleading threads. Criticism of the WISPR, as far as actual performance, is not really possible yet of course, since nobody here has actually used it yet. What we don't want to see, and is spelled out on the rules page, are attacks on the vape and/or company because the poster has had a bad experience and wishes to prejudice others against the company with overboard, alarmist claims. As far as where the line is, going from legit criticism to spiteful attacks, that's up to staff. But we're all pretty much on the same page on it, and as time goes by, the line, as we draw it, should get clearer to everyone. Certainly, a post trashing the product(s) and company, and raving about another brand at the same time, is out of bounds. Pointing out the pluses and minuses, in a calm, reasonable manner, and comparing to a similar product (and preferring the other vape) is fine. Over the top emotionalism without logic or details isn't, and just feeds rumors and fears.

O&B has certainly pissed off a lot of buyers due to failed vapes, busted mouthpieces, and less than great customer svc. and warranty policy. I've voiced my own displeasure in the past about their change in warranty requirements via the authorized seller route. But they've changed their warranty policy, accepting all iolites for free service (assuming it's within the 2 yr. period and you have the sales receipt), and at some point in the near future, accepting out of warranty units for repair/replacement in the US service center. Hopefully our gripes here, about these issues, have helped to move the company in a more customer service oriented direction. I know that O&B pays attention to FC, since some of us were involved in beta testing to improve heating chamber and mouthpiece issues on the original iolite. And the WISPR's design improvements, over the iolite, were sparked from feedback here at FC. We have a reputation as a critical and analytical forum, and want to maintain our status as such, without being closed minded about products and companies.

max,

anslinger

max said:
anslinger said:
Anybody remember when people didn't have to point out that a statement that couldn't possibly be anything but an opinion was an opinion?
Anyone remember how all sorts of opinions (ridiculous ones, at times) would get reported by some and passed around as fact by other naive readers? Problem is, it's not past tense. It's still a problem- one that we actively address here, and we will continue to do so. Do not state opinion as fact. We don't want to spread bad information.

I hope you caught that it's the need for the rule I'm poking fun at and not the rule itself. And it's not just on this site. I think people are actually becoming less able to tell fact from opinion as time goes on. :(

anslinger,

max

Out to lunch
^ Yes, but humor, like opinions, can be misinterpreted, so I felt the need to spell it out, just like we decided to add the subtitle to the forum- (there is no best vaporizer).

The vape is supposed to be shipping next week, yet only a few dealers are taking pre-orders. Availability an issue? Color's an issue IMO. Expresso's the only one of the five options I could live with.

max,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Hmm how exactly butane leaves in water form >? Can you describe it since u used one :D
"This all happens while expelling the butane as harmless water vapor through the escape ports."

Abysmal Vapor,
Been waiting for the Wispr to ship, Happy iolite owner for 2 years without issue.... They better not push the ship date back again!

manwiththeplan,

ManFlies352

Aaaaand just got an email saying it's delayed until July 25th. This thing better not suck ass with all these delays. It's not making me very confident that it's been delayed nearly 2 months past the original release date at this point :-/

ManFlies352,
This is a serious piss off, first time using gotvape (only ones doing the preorder) I don't qualify for the free shipping due to living in Canada, and now delay after delay....

:uhoh:

manwiththeplan,

mongrel

so annoying to me that i have just requested a full refund on my pre-payment and delivery cost. i imagine there'll be no restockers fee as they've never actually stocked it. i got the solo in lieu of the non-delivery of the wispr and now that sorta makes the wispr unneccesary. consumers are rightly an unforgiving lot! i would expect better off a large company.

mongrel,

ShadowLink12

Activist
frogbmth said:
Looks bigger than I expected

YouTube

Wow, my interest in getting one of these is completely gone. It is a shame, I would really like to see a strong vaporizer model that runs on butane, but I get the feeling this is not it. I love how he said "You can't even see me hit it" like it is a selling point, haha. Why give the jokers early access to the vape if this is the type of video they produce, all they are doing is bragging they have it, rather than giving ANY valuable information. All I gained from the video is that it is rather large and not stealthy, and has a very floppy mouthpiece that IMO, looks ridiculous.

ShadowLink12,

ManFlies352

It's about as large as I thought and that mouthpiece has the large adapter on it so the tip doesn't get as hot which is why it looks so massive in the mouthpiece section. I emailed gotvape and they assured me that this was the final delay because O&B wants to make sure it's "utterly perfect" before releasing it. Hopefully they stick to their word because if not, I'm canceling my order. I have a three strikes rules with products and these delays are already two strikes.

Edit: the thing that confuses me most is why they wait until the day before release to announce these delays. You'd think they'd know a couple weeks ahead of time that the product wouldn't be ready, right? Waiting until the day before when people are the most anticipated just makes it worse

ManFlies352,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I for one am a huge fan of the Iolite. Its always served my purpose as a stealthy device that gets me the buzz I look for. I am very much looking forward to the wispr and anxiously await reviews from my FC brethren. But, I will say that I have had numerous issues with GotVape...late shipping, refusing to ship without requiring a signature, and of course their prices are always a bit high.

Luckily i haven't had the need to contact O&B as my Iolite hasnt failed me yet.

mvapes,
As of today I've yet to get any email from gotvape informing me of the delay... Pretty sad if this is the case. For every vape I buy, I have roughly 6-10 friends who get me to order them the same model if I'm happy with the results. Not a good start to a buisness relationship...

Think Ill pack a crucible in the HA to lessen the shaft Im feeling

manwiththeplan,

max

Out to lunch
manwiththeplan said:
This is a serious piss off, first time using gotvape (only ones doing the preorder) I don't qualify for the free shipping due to living in Canada, and now delay after delay....
Gotvape is not one of our recommended dealers. Their customer svc. isn't always up to par, and equal or better pricing is usually available from others, who do have top rate service. This site also is taking pre-orders and seems to offer free USPS shipping to Canada (and you do want postal shipping for over the border orders). https://www.wholesalevaporizers.com/wispr/

max,
Top Bottom