Discontinued The Venus Apollo

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
@mephisto ,

To change power level use swip up and down while in use, from 1-10, it will vibrate as many times as power level

To change boost mode, turn it on pushing boost button, then 4swipes downwards, then you have 10secs to push 1 2 or boost button (low high or normal boost )

To change preheat time do same as for boost mode but use a timer to count from when bulb turn itself on, to stop and record preheat time push boost button. It must be longer than 10-12 secs

To stop preheat at anytime without changing setting push boost button

Last edited:

pjp-222

Thanks for the assistance, how would I lower the warmup time? I have the power setting at 4, according to the haptic feedback. I am getting the swing, just need to knock the warmup time down by a bit.
From my conversation with Ville I understood that it is not possible to lower down the warm up time under 32s. But you can stop the warm up instantly by pressing the boost button.

Last edited:

Herbie Hancock

The 60 Second Assasin
I just recently purchased the V2 bowl with the new Cooling unit and Pusher.

Game changer. That sums it up. Was already amazing. And it just got better. The new bowl is superior with the heat shield. And the pusher just makes all the difference. Even if you are happy with your set up... and trust me, I was.
THIS is the way to go! 50w bulb. And the V2 bowl.

mephisto

All right, I am having great results and effects. I need to get my hands on the V2 bowl and I don't see them on the site. I already have an idea for a wooden storage box that will hold 3-4 preloaded V2 bowls for extended outings with the Apollo. This vape destroys any of my past choices for convection, craftsmanship, and performance. The dark oak finish is slick as hell. Great fit and finish between all components. Once you get the personality of this vape down, I think you will be set for awhile. Whether you are a sipper, or a ripper the Apollo is top shelf gear.
Loaded .09 and got 3 sessions from it. Real high! with log vape amounts minus the restrictive airflow. I am really happy to have the chance to own this machine. Great work @villekille2

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
3-4 preloaded V2 bowls? For what? It's so easy and quick to load the bowl even with a handicap it would be a waste of money and space in your storage.
And how do you want to store the preloaded bowls to secure they hold their load?

villekille2

Manufacturer
ok thank you for answers! As Apollo has 2 batteries in series, one on top of another, it is not very easy to have both, replaceable batteries and internal charging. As for the safety there should be a way to sense the voltage between the batteries so that they won't be overcharged even if they are not in balance. But to have mechanically this kind of functionality so that it would be easy to use and robust it just seems like has to choose one way or another, replaceable or internal charging.

mephisto

I see that the new V2 bowls are listed on the site, as well as replacement batteries. With the shipping being higher than the item, I am quite happy to keep using the original bowl. I do understand the high shipping cost, Finland is quite far from my location. Trying to find backup set of batteries as well, hopefully within the U.S. .
I really enjoy this vape!

Andreaerdna

If you got apollo 2 you should have already the V2 bowls (shielded one plus the ultralight one)

I too like a lot this vape, the way I use it I get so thick and yet so pure vapor I have the feeling I am chewing it in my mouth right after first draw

As for battery you need 20A continous decharge with button top

Andreaerdna

After using almost exclusively the new unshielded chamber I switched to the shielded one

As per first impression the shielded chamber act as heat sink and with same preheat setting I get noticeably less vapor per hit (and I already use a long preheat time @40secs)

That being said stirring is a lot easier with the cold handle and if you go through a bubbler or you fitfull the chamber stirring is quite necessary to fully extract

I use very rareley the cooling unit. It works very good but
-cleaning of the cooling thing isnt very easy/effective
-because it works good at cooling, it accumulate condensate quite fast

So I use a honey straw when dry
kit-de-collecte-de-mini-nectar-de-paille.jpg

but I use it more often through water with a TiONG (like almost any other vape I use), I formed a screen to put on top of load to keep it in place (little mass, this also helps to improve further vapor production/even if hotter IMO)

After few weeks/months of use I am very happy I bought this vape
I was looking for a big hitter, clean technology/taste device, easy to operate/clean and Apollo2 is what I was looking for

mephisto

Hello @villekille2 , Where can I find the button top batteries for the Apollo. I do not believe that it would be safe to use non button top batteries in the Apollo, however, I cannot find high amp rated, button top, 18650 batteries in the U.S.
Thanks for any response....

sickmanfraud

Hello @villekille2 , Where can I find the button top batteries for the Apollo. I do not believe that it would be safe to use non button top batteries in the Apollo, however, I cannot find high amp rated, button top, 18650 batteries in the U.S.
Thanks for any response....

IMR batteries is a great company to deal with. I bought 4 button tops from them a while ago..

villekille2

Manufacturer
yes I think they should be available. I buy mine from akkuteile.de but don't know about US suppliers.
Since starting to use LG HG2 or Sony VTC5 button tops, there has not been any problems with batteries. In the beginning when I didn't know enough about batteries, and we had some rebranded cells, sometimes they would just stop working but these LG or Sony batteries have worked very well

Top Bottom