Discontinued The Venus Apollo

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I didn't have a choice in wood color when I ordered, I wonder what color I'll get. Not sure which one I'd pick anyways, I keep changing my mind. I think I want dark oak, I think......

GTAVaper

I didn't have a choice in wood color when I ordered, I wonder what color I'll get. Not sure which one I'd pick anyways, I keep changing my mind. I think I want dark oak, I think......

If you weren't in the first pre-order, then I would think that you would end up with the default natural colour unless you make an alternate colour preference known to Ville as soon as possible and add the additional staining costs.

I only say "as soon as possible" because Ville has told me that he has recently put in quite a lot of shop time lately to catch up and get the first pre-order shipments out close to his original schedule.

So if you are in the second pre-order group, unless you've contacted Ville beforehand, your unit might actually get shipped before you have a chance to add a custom stain colour to your Apollo.

Last edited:

Milkytime

Yeah i didn't get to pick a color and i noticed some items in the store changed, or changed price.

Im looking foward to this one, but it worries me a little about the too much airflow as i find i enjoy a little restricted air flow personally it seems to let the hot air mix with the material a bit longer. I like some of the user mods people are coming up with, and maybe an option for a door cover in the future would be great. I will prolly be attempting to make my own door cover once i get it. I bought the 2nd herb chamber when it was 20 i think it reduced in price to 18 i saw. I plan to use an ove glove to change the herb chamber while its still hot and heat soaked hope that works well. Im loving the reports that flavor is top notch!!

GTAVaper

My package from Finland arrived yesterday......and although I had a cold and sore throat....had to give it a try.

A bit of a learning curve involved.....but much better taste and even stronger effects somehow than with using the same material in my Mighty. The herb chamber is not that much bigger than the Mighty....although it looks a lot bigger....I think the doming of the screens reduces the volume vs the apparent size of the chamber which looks a lot bigger than the Mighty .....but really isn't by much.

0.3 g is a good estimate for capacity

As others have said.....plugging the air intake on the base helps a lot.....but the unit does get pretty hot when it is up to temp and producing big clouds.....capable of combusting for sure if boosted too long I think.... although I avoided such an event.

Even with only just that first session..... I am pretty sure that it is my new favorite vape. Both in looks and more importantly in performance.

It even produced better results than my Underdog which was my prior champion that edged my Mighty out when used properly.....although the Mighty is definitely the most idiot proof in achieving good results without any learning curve

virtualpurple

Was expecting mine to be delivered by late yesterday and that didn't happen, sadly. I am hoping to see it in the mail today but now DHL doesn't list any projected delivery date, that makes me uneasy.

virtualpurple,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
This vape is so unique and interesting! I would play with some mods to make the seal around the herb chamber tighter and try to utilize the bottom air path more. Has anyone used this in cold weather outside? I know certain vapes have battery issues in the cold, but that wouldn't be the concern here. I would think the nature of this vape would make the ambient temperature a bigger factor than most. The bulb and herb chamber needing to be heat soaked and the exposed herb chamber might make the clouds a little wispy on a cold day. I would be wanting this for a lot of outdoor use so this interests me a lot. Has anyone used this outside in cold temps? I know my Pax doesn't love cold temps, My buddy said his Firefly is shit in the cold. and even my haze is slightly effected by it but still works ok. How does it work in sub freezing weather?

mrbonsai420,
Reactions: GTAVaper

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@mrbonsai420 : I don't know for sure, but given this vape originates from North Europe and was tested live this winter in one of the coldest countries, I wouldn't worry too much! :p

But Was it tested outside in the winter? Almost all vapes are effected by the temp around it. a Firefly works really well in the arctic tundra as long as you are using in the car or in the house. Get outside in 0 degree weather and you aren't going to get very high and you will be very mad you only brought your FF. So I was just wondering exactly how much THIS particular vape is effected by ambient temps below 30 degrees f. This is top tier priced vape, I just want to make sure it performs as well as a Mighty since it costs as much as one.

There are just not enough user reports on the Apollo lately. I want to hear (and see) more... Hopefully the next batch gets in folks hands soon.

I agree, wondering why these new owners are so quiet :wave: Let's see some more clouds!

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
It will be affected because this is how lithium chemistries work. Those cells just hate to run near freezing, their capacity drops drastically. And since it's a convection vape, as you hinted, it will need to draw a lot of external air for the extraction process...

NickDlow

Log Hog
But Was it tested outside in the winter? Almost all vapes are effected by the temp around it. a Firefly works really well in the arctic tundra as long as you are using in the car or in the house. Get outside in 0 degree weather and you aren't going to get very high and you will be very mad you only brought your FF. So I was just wondering exactly how much THIS particular vape is effected by ambient temps below 30 degrees f. This is top tier priced vape, I just want to make sure it performs as well as a Mighty since it costs as much as one.

I agree, wondering why these new owners are so quiet :wave: Let's see some more clouds!

IMO any battery powered vape exposed to subzero temps for an extended amount of time will drain the battery. So the vape isn't affected it's the battery. I had the same problem using my mighty outside at work and full charge got me 2 bowls, maybe...

So I bought a flame powered vape for my winter outdoor vape sessions.

I would assume the Apollo will have the same difficulties in that climate as well. Though I don't have one, that's just my experience with other battery powered vapes in the cold.

I need to just pick one up already!

AtomicPB

Are there any 2nd pre-order batch Apollos delivered already? And if so, was there any kind of eMail confirmation beforehand?

I think I was somehow in the mids of the 2nd batch and am wondering now, if I might get the Apollo from my little long eared friend over the hollidays ... :)

AtomicPB,

brucee10

IMO any battery powered vape exposed to subzero temps for an extended amount of time will drain the battery. So the vape isn't affected it's the battery. I had the same problem using my mighty outside at work and full charge got me 2 bowls, maybe...

So I bought a flame powered vape for my winter outdoor vape sessions.

I would assume the Apollo will have the same difficulties in that climate as well. Though I don't have one, that's just my experience with other battery powered vapes in the cold.

I need to just pick one up already!
When I hike through Chicago winters, I alway carry my battery vapes in a pocket in my base layers so the batteries stay warm next to my body. I used to heat my PAX up in the pocket of my mitten so it did double duty as a hand warmer too.

Nssl

All these requests. I felt obligated to make some sort of video. So this is how I've been using my Apollo. For the herb chamber I've been using my enano gong and sliding it into the metal chamber with the top removed. This way all the heat is concentrated into a much smaller area. It is much less of a session vape now but I am getting my best results with a 2.5-3 min warmup. I was on 80% with about a 3 min warmup.

Milkytime

Wow huge clouds, and extremely fast extraction, do you find it to be as efficient as say your nano? underdog? 3 huge hits for full extraction is just wow. Would you say you could vape that bowl more or is it done? (It was hard to see that abv) Its also interesting that you seem to be able to mod it for huge rips or session it if you like, most vapes im used to are either one or the other and dont give the user ther ability to use it multiple ways.
Thanks for the video i really needed that today, i jumped on this preorder not really knowing what i was getting into but the more i see the better it looks.
I have a few of the new vape tech in preorder and i really might get this one before many of the others. The xtar charger that comes with this one will it charge the milanna/grasshopper batteries? If this one comes before the others it would be nice to not have to buy another external charger.

Edit: 05/03/2016 2nd pre order group
Just got my shipping notice i thought it was coming soon but this was far faster than i expected.

Last edited:

Nssl

Wow huge clouds, and extremely fast extraction, do you find it to be as efficient as say your nano? underdog? 3 huge hits for full extraction is just wow. Would you say you could vape that bowl more or is it done? (It was hard to see that abv) Its also interesting that you seem to be able to mod it for huge rips or session it if you like, most vapes im used to are either one or the other and dont give the user ther ability to use it multiple ways.
Thanks for the video i really needed that today, i jumped on this preorder not really knowing what i was getting into but the more i see the better it looks.
I have a few of the new vape tech in preorder and i really might get this one before many of the others. The xtar charger that comes with this one will it charge the milanna/grasshopper batteries? If this one comes before the others it would be nice to not have to buy another external charger.
If I wasn't taking a video I would have given it a quick stir after the second hit but yeah about 3 hits however the gong is adjustable so you can pack it bigger or smaller. I keep forgetting this thing is a portable. Clouds, taste and efficiency are all on par if not better than my enano. The charger charges all my other flat top 18650's so it should be fine for the milaana. I'll know for sure on that one soon

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
@Nssl great vid! Very impressive!

I had the chance to try my Apollo thru a d20 tonight - for the first time, been ill for quite a while. Now a cautious approach finally.
I'm not a review and video guy - and on top of that a pretty micro dosing guy. So I couldn't have fulfilled any cloud and go big request. So once more @Nssl - thanks for taking one for the team. You must be feeling reeeeeealy nice now :D

Well, this session I had was nothing but fantastic. Unbelievable flavor throughout the session. Only pushed the boost for a little too long and draw too slow in the end where the flava changed to border charr territory...but in fact it was not more than coffee brown.

I put an EQ basket - to decrease bowl size - into the center of the chamber and loaded just a tiny pinch. preheated for 2 mins an was running the lower temp mapping. started at only 5-20% and boosted while drawing.
Could see the vapor dancing right before my eyes as I was pulling vapor streams down the long stem into the d20.. Man, it smacked me in such a nice and flavorful way. This thing is a damn beauty AND great tasting, super-efficient beast - perfect for going thru water. Gonna post abv pics later.

You all gonna have fun with this one - believe me :cool:

Happy Easter everybody!!:peace:

Last edited:

GTAVaper

Welcome to Mission Apollo everyone! The Eagles are landing!!! :D

That mod works very well Nssl - was wondering if you did anything to your back air intake as it looks like there some kind of blockage around the edges of the intake from when you put your Apollo down on its side. The wooden door is a great tweak too.....that chamber cutout is a burn source for sure if not careful......and its easy enough to get careless when medicated.

Another great source for pics and videos is "Pictures_of_Pot" Instagram and YouTube channel......you have to watch the one where he burns himself and after exhaling calmly comments about it very nonchalantly - absolutely hilarious!!!

Not the burn of course.....but his reaction is priceless :lol:

I have a few ideas to try my own fix.....this vape - with the oversize pathway available sure seems suited to personal modifications - I have EQ elbow screens as well that I want to try for smaller loads.

I used a silicone oven glove to block the hole in mine when I tried it the one time so far.......the one thing about this vape is that it sure runs hot......but it performs better than anything I've tried so far......and the taste is incredible.

I never knew what people were talking about when referring to great tasting vapour before - because I always go for full extraction without temperature stepping as I like to see lots of visible vapour and want immediate full extraction. So I start and finish my sessions at full power with my Mighty.

But with the Apollo.....you can produce clouds and also get crazy awesome taste while you are at it and the most intense smack in the face effects shortly afterwards.

I'm still feeling sick but am inviting a friend over for a few beers to try out tonight and will hopefully start feeling well enough to use it over the long weekend in the way I want to use it.

I think that there is still room for improvement in cooling the bottom area of the vape when it's fully up to temp......maybe a version 2 tweak? or an easy aftermarket mod?

But that is a small concern and no reason to hold back from grabbing this one before the line starts building because when word spreads - I am sure that Ville will become very busy and it might be a little while until he has enough help on his end to satisfy the demand - but that is just my guess of course.

I am also really looking forward to the Helios - even though not a portable - Ville has told me that he is very happy with how that one is progressing. I think the Apollo will fill the portable niche where it is easily transportable in a briefcase, or napsack......but I am guessing that the Helios will be the one that you will want to bring out at parties for a larger group of people since it is easier to pass around a cool whip (even with a water tool in between - my FC-UFO!) rather than a very hot Apollo and water tool.

I had some very nice clouds and an awesome experience with my initial short session that I was blown away by......but I am guessing that after Nssl made that video that produced even better clouds than what I experienced - even though I also milked my glass - that he was probably "on the moon" :lol:

One small step for man......one giant leap for vape-kind! :tup:

Tranquility Base Out! :D

P.S. Oh yeah.......highly recommend getting extra herb chambers.....knock one out halfway through and put a fresh one in. Then when the chamber has cooled - stir the herb - and switch out again - lather, rinse and repeat :tinfoil:

EDIT: 3 1/2 hours later ........Yup! I have a new favourite!

My other vapes will still get love and attention on occasion..... and also provide great satisfaction when I decide to put them to use...... since they are certainly no slouches.

But for now, the vape honeymoon has started.......this Apollo works very well.

It isn't automatic as in setting a dial to get an exact temperature or anything......but it is very intuitive to use in a pretty well on-demand situation when it is warmed up. If you want to extract everything that a chamberful has to offer fast ......when it is up to temperature you can milk your glass and do back-to-back whitewall hits and kill a chamber very quickly.

It was helpful to have a second set of lungs over tonight to see how the Apollo could keep up in continuous extraction.

One full bowl put through a bubbler medicated (very well) a combined weight of about 470 lbs worth of human tonight in a fairly short..... but continuous session. We could have kept feeding it herb chambers, and it would have just kept hitting better, harder and faster I'm sure.

It seems that once this thing gets up to temperature and is heat soaked (also meaning.....be careful) the performance is basically "on-demand" milky hits through glass.

This is not a "tuck in the purse vape" ......for any ladies out there :), (and not trying to be offensive - just honest) where you can pull it out, take a hit and then drop it back in the purse.....unless you have a heat resistant container. This feels like a true hardcore vape tool that is going to get very hot in a couple of locations and really needs to be treated with respect

.......and also some time to cool down before you can handle it without paying attention to where the hot parts are radiating heat. I guess if you want to cool it down between uses for quicker herb loading (if you only have one chamber) then placing it under a fan would help or just holding the unit in the hand to heat-sink the wooden body.

Otherwise, in about 5-10min you can handle it without fear.......and before that it actually feels nice and warm in the hands - just don't touch the herb chamber or the aluminum bottom for a few minutes after shutdown.

Last edited:
Top Bottom