Discontinued The Venus Apollo

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Welcome to Mission Apollo everyone! The Eagles are landing!!! :D

That mod works very well Nssl - was wondering if you did anything to your back air intake as it looks like there some kind of blockage around the edges of the intake from when you put your Apollo down on its side. The wooden door is a great tweak too.....that chamber cutout is a burn source for sure if not careful......and its easy enough to get careless when medicated.

Another great source for pics and videos is "Pictures_of_Pot" Instagram and YouTube channel......you have to watch the one where he burns himself and after exhaling calmly comments about it very nonchalantly - absolutely hilarious!!!

Not the burn of course.....but his reaction is priceless :lol:

I have a few ideas to try my own fix.....this vape - with the oversize pathway available sure seems suited to personal modifications - I have EQ elbow screens as well that I want to try for smaller loads.

I used a silicone oven glove to block the hole in mine when I tried it the one time so far.......the one thing about this vape is that it sure runs hot......but it performs better than anything I've tried so far......and the taste is incredible.

I never knew what people were talking about when referring to great tasting vapour before - because I always go for full extraction without temperature stepping as I like to see lots of visible vapour and want immediate full extraction. So I start and finish my sessions at full power with my Mighty.

But with the Apollo.....you can produce clouds and also get crazy awesome taste while you are at it and the most intense smack in the face effects shortly afterwards.

I'm still feeling sick but am inviting a friend over for a few beers to try out tonight and will hopefully start feeling well enough to use it over the long weekend in the way I want to use it.

I think that there is still room for improvement in cooling the bottom area of the vape when it's fully up to temp......maybe a version 2 tweak? or an easy aftermarket mod?

But that is a small concern and no reason to hold back from grabbing this one before the line starts building because when word spreads - I am sure that Ville will become very busy and it might be a little while until he has enough help on his end to satisfy the demand - but that is just my guess of course.

I am also really looking forward to the Helios - even though not a portable - Ville has told me that he is very happy with how that one is progressing. I think the Apollo will fill the portable niche where it is easily transportable in a briefcase, or napsack......but I am guessing that the Helios will be the one that you will want to bring out at parties for a larger group of people since it is easier to pass around a cool whip (even with a water tool in between - my FC-UFO!) rather than a very hot Apollo and water tool.

I had some very nice clouds and an awesome experience with my initial short session that I was blown away by......but I am guessing that after Nssl made that video that produced even better clouds than what I experienced - even though I also milked my glass - that he was probably "on the moon" :lol:

One small step for man......one giant leap for vape-kind! :tup:

Tranquility Base Out! :D

P.S. Oh yeah.......highly recommend getting extra herb chambers.....knock one out halfway through and put a fresh one in. Then when the chamber has cooled - stir the herb - and switch out again - lather, rinse and repeat :tinfoil:

EDIT: 3 1/2 hours later ........Yup! I have a new favourite!

My other vapes will still get love and attention on occasion..... and also provide great satisfaction when I decide to put them to use...... since they are certainly no slouches.

But for now, the vape honeymoon has started.......this Apollo works very well.

It isn't automatic as in setting a dial to get an exact temperature or anything......but it is very intuitive to use in a pretty well on-demand situation when it is warmed up. If you want to extract everything that a chamberful has to offer fast ......when it is up to temperature you can milk your glass and do back-to-back whitewall hits and kill a chamber very quickly.

It was helpful to have a second set of lungs over tonight to see how the Apollo could keep up in continuous extraction.

One full bowl put through a bubbler medicated (very well) a combined weight of about 470 lbs worth of human tonight in a fairly short..... but continuous session. We could have kept feeding it herb chambers, and it would have just kept hitting better, harder and faster I'm sure.

It seems that once this thing gets up to temperature and is heat soaked (also meaning.....be careful) the performance is basically "on-demand" milky hits through glass.

This is not a "tuck in the purse vape" ......for any ladies out there :), (and not trying to be offensive - just honest) where you can pull it out, take a hit and then drop it back in the purse.....unless you have a heat resistant container. This feels like a true hardcore vape tool that is going to get very hot in a couple of locations and really needs to be treated with respect

.......and also some time to cool down before you can handle it without paying attention to where the hot parts are radiating heat. I guess if you want to cool it down between uses for quicker herb loading (if you only have one chamber) then placing it under a fan would help or just holding the unit in the hand to heat-sink the wooden body.

Otherwise, in about 5-10min you can handle it without fear.......and before that it actually feels nice and warm in the hands - just don't touch the herb chamber or the aluminum bottom for a few minutes after shutdown.

Great report fellow vape astronaut!
I've been to the moon and back. In a good shape but a little tired. Feel like I had some extra missions while dreaming... Only good ones of course.
What I really like about the Apollo is you don't have to sip it OR rip it. You can do what ever you want. This thing has it all - if you don't look for stealth and grant a minute for heat up.
Session it, on-demand it... You name it.

There will be further tweaks to it and Ville is always looking to improve the experience.
Keep up your mission reports. This is fun - love the Zion spirit and this place can be the parallel universe. Digital/analog co existence :D

Peace y'all!
:peace:

Edit: about the flavor. There really is some magic to it... The way the vapor is able to form and spread.. maybe like a good wine in a perfect glass being able to breath - it has so much yummy taste throughout the whole session from always such a small pinch.. It pumps and pumps out all the good. Haven't had that before.. It's really amazing.
Own and LOVE my ESV for what it is and offers and also dig the fw.. Don't like comparisons too much as each one is different. But the flavor aspect with the Apollo is really something special.
I'm really looking forward to receiving the Zion and GH one day - Curious to get to know their vapor taste and intensity..
It's such a good time to experience great quality vapor - each with its own signature!

Edit edit

Here's the ABV from yesterday.. The brighter parts in the center are parts, of the stem.. Didn't pay attention when grinding, I guess.;)
I inverted the upper screen to reduce bowl size and free floating.
ypkQuDr.jpg

Last edited:

GTAVaper

Wow! That's a very small quantity - I couldn't get effects the very first time I tried a small volume like that (Underdog SS stem worth).

But that was probably because it was flying around and turbulent airflow was helping to cool it down as it heated?

But I did figure one thing out and I think that I also read about it in a former post but actually didn't get what was being described at the time......probably too vaped and now too lazy to go looking for the post I'm thinking of right now.......uh, actually it was in the post just above ......but I walked away for a minute to get another drink and to check on my charger (more on that later) and when I return to

But if you turn the base upside down (as both sides are the same diameter) - then the screen that was domed in the normal configuration and helped reduce the volume to just a bit more than the Mighty bowl......is now upside down and forms a small bowl to help expand the available volume up to the domed top portion of the chamber.

Since the screen is located about 1/3 of the way through the depth of the chamber, I am thinking that you now have the option of two different sizes of bowls to choose from when vaping.

This is a really cool design feature that was very well thought out......I don't believe that it happened by accident.

The problem is that although I'd love to try this reduced sized bowl right now......the batteries ran out on me!

They are charging right now at 1A......and I also had the pleasure to discover that all my high powered LED flashlights that have 18650 IMR's with high drain 10A capability .......are also in need of a charge right now too :(

Ah well, probably best not to mix my flashlight batteries with my vape batteries.

Time to do some battery shopping! :)

BTW......the batteries drained to 3.34v & 3.35v when the Apollo was no longer able to heat up hot enough to vape properly anymore.

Edit: With Vapen00b's inverted top screen and a reversed lower screen you could fine tune the stock screens to an even smaller capacity if you like. I am interested in the capacity of the three different screen orientations and how they would compare to the elbow screen mod capacity as well as Nssl's mod.

Last edited:

vapen00b

Wow! That's a very small quantity - I couldn't get effects the very first time I tried a small volume like that (Underdog SS stem worth).

But that was probably because it was flying around and turbulent airflow was helping to cool it down as it heated?
Yep.. Might be. But it was just thinning the vapor for me.. The effects were also there with tiny load in regular bowl.

But if you turn the base upside down (as both sides are the same diameter) - then the screen that was domed in the normal configuration and helped reduce the volume to just a bit more than the Mighty bowl......is now upside down and forms a small bowl to help expand the available volume up to the domed top portion of the chamber.
Actually, it is not the exact same diameter. It only sits correctly the regular way, but you CAN put it upside down, but it won't "sit" then. Be sure to check the stem and chamber when inserting so it's "locked" by the stem.. It's the only contact that keeps the chamber in place for that configuration.

Ville is aware of this and planning to do changes to the chamber implementing a true upside down sit..so both ends are exactly the same. Also to adding more grooves to the chamber to just push the screen up or down one/some level/s to reduce bowl size. Let's see.. But he's already swamped for now getting units out to the world. ;)

At 1A you won't have to wait for too long. Enjoy the holidays, bud!:wave:

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Were your deliveries signature? Was it usps? Just wondering if it will come to my door or the community mailboxes.

StormyPinkness,
Reactions: GTAVaper

GTAVaper

My Apollo delivery was through DHL courier arriving at the door with signature and customs/taxes payment required.

The package would be too big to fit in a community mailbox and I don't think they would just drop it off without a signature or customs payment.

Joel W.

Deplorable Basement Dweller
Accessory Maker
Mine was delivered by DHL with a signature needed. No tax/customs payment was asked of me.

Edit: I just recieved a bill in the mail from DHL for $19.92 for custom duties. (it's so worth it)

Last edited:

GTAVaper

Mine was delivered by DHL with a signature needed. No tax/customs payment was asked of me.

Edit: I just recieved a bill in the mail from DHL for $19.92 for custom duties. (it's so worth it)

Wow!!! That US dollar and international trade agreements sure are better for US orders.......on my ~$510 CAD order (accessories, shipping and PayPal fees included) my customs and duties payment worked out to about $80.

But yes I agree ......I was happy to pay it (well - at least OK with it......no one really likes taxes :()....... because this blows my Mighty away......especially with the awesome flavour profiles that I've experienced.

I've never experienced flavour like this before in any vape that I've tried.......and that is saying quite a lot. This is why I am also excited about the Helios coming out soon :)

Edit: I forgot to mention that I combusted once last night.....but that was my fault, just moving along the learning curve for the new vape :D

I've found that 18mm male joints fit very well into the interior of the Apollo mouthpiece.

So I took one of my new oversized 18mm Nongs for the Underdog and connected it to a 14mm gong and hooked that into a DH-Mobius stereo matrix water piece. However, I then tried to vape the material that I had semi-scorched on my first outing with the Apollo since I had shut it down while still getting clouds.

However, I had already pushed it so close to combustion the first time (without realizing it) that it was really too much to ask from a fully heated Apollo on boost to deal with without combusting the herb in the chamber.....and I probably wouldn't have got anymore vapour anyways at any lower temperature.

So that was a learning experience with the new Apollo. But the herb chamber cleaned up very easily by just sitting it in some 99% Isopropyl......however, the silicone tubing was a bit more of a pain to clean. I had to hook a funnel up to the hose and pour ISO back and forth between two measuring cups to clean out the wretched combustion smell. All good now though :)

Last edited:

Milkytime

I do like to hear that its got the power to combust. Sometimes i prefer an easy session vape sit and relax. I still use my pax 2 often enough dispite having "better vapes" it works its easy to share take places gg. Other times im flying near combustion levels with like a firewood 3 (i combusted 2x figuring out that thing) so its great to hear its got the power, and learning a new vape is always fun. This thing seems to be used however you want, a big quick extraction or a more timely session all in one. Im so excited for this one i know its in the mail but man the anticipation is killer. Everyone said it shipped in a day right? So if shipped Thursday it might come tomarrow?

GTAVaper

No.....it also depends where you are. I think mine shipped on a Wednesday evening (could have been a Thursday - not 100%) and it arrived on the next Monday.

I was home sick from work so I actually was there to pick it up rather than having to go to the shipping depot later to grab it.

I guess something else that I forgot to mention was that the last time I used it I had it on for about 30 minutes straight - after running two prior sessions on it previously. The one with my friend who dropped by - where it was boosting a lot and extracting very quickly - as well as the initial session which wasn't long in actual use time but more than I needed in heated up/standby mode.

So I am guessing maybe an hour total with the Apollo being on before the batteries died - including the boosting periods where it was actually being actively used to extract. I also topped the batteries up initially before using it the first time even though it arrived probably 85-90% charged I think.

Hopefully that gives someone an idea of run time usage for the Apollo.

virtualpurple

I just picked up my unit today!

It came with a charger, a set of (I'm guessing) fully-ish charged batteries, a wall charger set for UK plugs (need to find a way to convert it for US), a long and short mouthpiece, and a second halogen bulb (I don't know which is the hotter bulb). I also received a Volcano Solid Valve kit that I'm now using with my Herbalizer.

I may have drained most of the batteries by figuring out how to operate the device, but when I did get it to function correctly it was beautiful! I have the batteries charging now so unfortunately I have to wait to test further, but I believe the device will be more intuitive with this next charge and that I'll get my technique dialed in.

Between this and the Herbalizer with the solid valve (A much noticeable upgrade) I am completely ripped. I am already trying to devise a way to blow bags with this thing. I dunno quite when the need would ever arise, but I would take some pleasure in knowing it were an option.

More testing to occur when my batteries charge!

virtualpurple

Damn I wish I had spare batteries so I could continue to experiment! Alas, I only have Haze batteries and I don't want to risk an incompatability.

I had purposely held out on getting spare 18650s because I was expecting to receive my Zion with its own set of batteries around the same time. Still awaiting the Zion so I am in a battery shortage here ;)

vapen00b

Damn I wish I had spare batteries so I could continue to experiment! Alas, I only have Haze batteries and I don't want to risk an incompatability.

I had purposely held out on getting spare 18650s because I was expecting to receive my Zion with its own set of batteries around the same time. Still awaiting the Zion so I am in a battery shortage here ;)
You'd need button top batts anyway- so no Zion ones :p
First thing I did was ordering a set of efests. You might like that too :)

Likes2vape

This vape is so fucking cool with its motion activated controls! Super space age technology with the natural look and feel of wood. I can see myself owning one of these down the road just for the coolness factor of it!

Fucking VAS!! I want one just because it looks cool and has Star Trek like controls! :bang::bang:

As an added bonus it can be used as a vape and looks like it pumps out the vapor! :rofl::science:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I'm feeling the same VAS bug as some of you. This looks like a pretty cool little unit. I've been reading some on this thread.

Other than the wood, what's the best thing about this unit that would make me want to buy this?

Just trying to justify my VAS. Always looking for my next best vaporizer.

AJS

Calm Consistency
I'm feeling the same VAS bug as some of you. This looks like a pretty cool little unit. I've been reading some on this thread.

Other than the wood, what's the best thing about this unit that would make me want to buy this?

Just trying to justify my VAS. Always looking for my next best vaporizer.
From my understanding...Halogen Light heated convection vaporizer...that sounds pretty pure and flavorful to me!

The technology looks incredible in this piece, more than what is up to the regular standards of today's vapes. Just wow. No buttons, so smooth...wow.

YungLeaner

From my understanding...Halogen Light heated convection vaporizer...that sounds pretty pure and flavorful to me!

The technology looks incredible in this piece, more than what is up to the regular standards of today's vapes. Just wow. No buttons, so smooth...wow.
I agree, this thing is gorgeous. I'm admittedly a little confused by the controls, but halogen bulbs are the future IMO...once there's a more standardized mod list for waterpipe usage I'll pull the trigger

AJS

Calm Consistency
I agree, this thing is gorgeous. I'm admittedly a little confused by the controls, but halogen bulbs are the future IMO...once there's a more standardized mod list for waterpipe usage I'll pull the trigger
I'm sure the controls are rather intuitive once you get used to it.
The clicks of the GH are weird to understand sometimes, but I'm sure no users who have one ever find a problem with it.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I'm wondering about the halogen bulbs. Can they burn out? I'm curious if this would be something that would require bouts of having to send it in for service? I guess time will tell how it withstands wear and tear. When buying a vaporizer I'm looking long term. I know it has user replaceable batteries.

AJS

Calm Consistency
I'm wondering about the halogen bulbs. Can they burn out? I'm curious if this would be something that would require bouts of having to send it in for service? I guess time will tell how it withstands wear and tear. When buying a vaporizer I'm looking long term. I know it has user replaceable batteries.
I saw that they sell bulbs on their website for about $6 so I would assume they go out, but I haven't read much in the Herbalizer thread about bulbs going out, so I would imagine they can't go too frequently? I'm sure someone with more experience will chime in shortly...

Top Bottom