Discontinued The Timber Elite by Vapwood

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I am out of everything - tubes, screens, envelopes, packing supplies, damn! For those who need spare screens, please contact me and when I get a shipment, I'll send you a few. I'm excited to be just about completely caught up. Next week I'll be back at it, and will probably be able to satisfy all of April's orders the early next month. I guess you could call this the big 4/20 push.

HerbieVonVapster

Online at post office with all domestic and half I'm international orders. I'll be back here tomorrow with 4 more internationals. This does include some Classics as well as Elites, all told 19 units.

Woot going be some happy campers this week. Can't wait to see more of the elites out in the wild! Some lucky people are going be enjoying themselves soon.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Tolerances are quite tight on the Elite. I'm not sure if I accidentally used a 3/8 vs 5/16 screw here (battery terminal), but we had a minor break through. It's been sanded perfectly flat, and has absolutely no effect on performance. I'm sure it will darken down with a bit of usage and not be noticeable, but for right now it's the first Elite with a cosmetic defect. Since I'm outta tubes at this point, it's bare bones only. $225 (plus $10 shipping).

BTW: Tracking numbers will be sent out later today, for yesterday / today's shipments.
20190412-064455.jpg

Last edited:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Tolerances are quite tight on the Elite. I'm not sure if I accidentally used a 3/8 vs 5/16 screw here (battery terminal), but we had a minor break through. It's been sanded perfectly flat, and has absolutely no effect on performance. I'm sure it will darken down with a bit of usage and not be noticeable, but for right now it's the first Elite with a cosmetic defect. Since I'm outta tubes at this point, it's bare bones only. $225 (plus $10 shipping).

BTW: Tracking numbers will be sent out later today, for yesterday / today's shipments.
20190412-064455.jpg

Already see mine on InformedDelivery. Looking like tomorrow will be a very happy day for me!

Also, that is a BITCHIN deal on that Elite, holy moly.

Thanks again @Bravesst !

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Not much else got done yesterday, other than sizing out all my Koa, Walnut, Maple, Cherry, and Figured Waple (first blends). All that stock is now 29 mm thick x 71 mm wide - perfect, enough for about 30 units. I am really looking forward to hear what this batch (12 Elites, including a @HerbieVonVapster test unit) has to say. Quite a few were international, 2 Canada, so we might have to wait a couple of days. Herbie, you got the bastard child, who didn't conform in TC, freaking awesome in Watts mode. Your job is to let me know if I am crazy.

Personally, I've fallen back into Booster, but I'm sure I'll be back in TC soon. In Booster, I've set preheat to 10. but your units should be at 8 to start. I like a quick start.

TEMP CONTROL
POWER (watts)
BOOSTER (watt boost)
WATT REPLAY
TC REPLAY
SPENT (hot)
COOL
open

Most of this work was done by Herbie, I just made a few minor tweaks.

Just to share my commitment to building many Elites. I've just purchased two dozen DNA75 Color chips, ordered 30 roasting tubes, have wood stock for over 30 units, and coils to burn. Let's build some Elites!

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Good morning Elitists
Hope some of my LB E's arrived safely. The new theme is icon based, relatively simple to navigate. @HerbieVonVapster did a great job with it. The preloaded profiles should work well outta the box, but don't hesitate to play with the obvious / watts, temp, and preheat. It may ask to read cold ohms, say no, but if it makes you, be sure to reset to .32. Small adjustments off the cold ohms will still deliver good results, but after testing many units, .32 was a winning number. Other, *deeper* settings are all set for you.

----------------------------------------------------

If anybody has any doubt about how committed I am to building Lil' Buds, this morning I got battery mortises cut in 38 units. That's a lot of hand routing. Next, I need to square everything up by hand. The top 11 are Classics. I have another 10 walnut classics pre-assembled. I'm working on a stock of 50 units.

By row from bottom up

ELITE
Koa - 1 row / 6 units
Figured Waple Blend - 1 row / 4 units
Figured Maple - 2 rows / 6 units
Figured Walnut - 2 rows / 5 units (oops)
Cherry - 3 rows / 6 units
CLASSIC
Figured Maple - 1 row / 3 units
Cherry - 4 rows / 8 units
20190414-132737.jpg

Last edited:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Alrightyyy not sure how to start this so will just jump right in:

Watts worked perfectly for me right out of the box as @Bravesst says. Very good around 26-28W. I started playing around in TC more, since it seems like EVERYONE circlejerks over TC ... somehow arbitrary numbers mean quite a lot? But anyway... I felt it was tuned a little too hot with the default TC settings. I first turned down punch... then turned off preheat altogether, and then started messing with the ohms.... This was before I saw the above post :D But I was also getting a "temp protect" message every time I tried firing, until I "resampled" the coil and change the ohm. I didn't feel like messing with turning off temp protect, and although this was a hamfisted way to fix it, I knew it would work, though it remains to be seen how it will work in other modes with this new ohm reading.

Perhaps I should mess around more with it, in escribe, but for now I'll be lazy.

I will say I was surprised both by the weight, and size of the device - both being a bit less than I had expected. It's not awkward or uncomfortable to hold. The action and feel of the wooden buttons is fucking AMAZING, just had to point that out. They are so satisfying to click, coming from a mechanical keyboard user. I also found the vapor from the device to be... surprisingly cool. Having used other convection portables, I was used to the instant dryness they bring with them... This is not as bad with the Elite somehow. I bought an RBT XL8R jr and a large XL8R to use when I got my Elite, and I actually can never see myself using the large one based on my sessions last night, and decided to put it up for sale on entexchange before I even went to bed lol.

While last night I was mostly fucking around and dialing things in, so I didn't count my bowls exactly, but I got upwards of 10. I want to say 12~14 but I didn't actually count, so I can't say. I got my 30Qs WITH my device though, so these are quite fresh batteries. This morning I have done 4 bowls and am at 75% battery.

This morning is when I dropped the ohms, and have been having a much more relaxed session. My main issue last night was with hotspotting, from drawing too fast, because the heat was too much. I seem to have fixed that, for now. Here's a bowl I temp stepped:

395F:

JPEG_20190414_102827.jpg

415F:

JPEG_20190414_103309.jpg

425F:

JPEG_20190414_103607.jpg

Since this bowl, I bumped the ohms a bit more. This was at .29x - I think .305 is where I have decided to settle after a few more bowls.

edit:

Another fucking AWESOME thing about this device is... unlike other convection, stem-based vapes, where if the herb falls down, it can get lodged under the female glass joint, and the heater screen... well.. NOT AN ISSUE here. The joint is so pristine that it sits directly on top of the screen. Short of a a dust sized fleck creeping thru the screen, there's not much of a way for herb to get stuck in or around the heater.

Last edited:

HerbieVonVapster

@muunch can you run a test for me?

Allow unit to cool to room temperature works best for this test.

First make sure the main screen is showing the peak temperature in it. If it's not go to settings, then the icon that looks like +- symbol there you see a setting to adjust interface make sure it's set to show puff.

On the main screen set the temperature too 400 degrees 50 watts. Without taking a hit hold fire button till screen goes dark then release. It be around 10 second and the wattage should settled in around 10watts after a few seconds.

Then click the down button to see the main screen. It should de displaying the peak temperature and also the average temperature durning the draw.

If you could supply that data and if possible include the cold OHM, the room temperature and board temperature would greatly help. ( there under info screen)

Last edited:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
@muunch can you run a test for me?

First make sure the main screen is showing the peak temperature in it. If it's not go to settings, then the icon that looks like +- symbol there you see a setting to adjust interface make sure it's set to show puff.

On the main screen set the temperature too 400 degrees 50 watts. Without taking a hit hold fire button till screen goes dark then release. It be around 10 second and the wattage should settled in around 6-9watts after a few seconds.

Then click the down button to see the main screen. It should de displaying the peak temperature and also the average temperature durning the draw.

If you could supply that data and if possible include the cold OHM, the room temperature and board temperature would greatly help. ( there under info screen)

IMG_20190414_123712.jpg

IMG_20190414_123704.jpg

I had changed the coil material to "Elite Cool" for TC last night, before messing with the ohms.

Last edited:

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Have a livestream up for the next 24~hours on my instagram of me using my Elite in TC with the settings above.

It is thorough, like my post, but nice if someone wants to see performance.

https://www.instagram.com/_aryll_/
Following you , i don't see video ? Could it because I wasn't following you when it posted ? Tag me in a comment maybe if comments are open ? Don't know how else..
Sounds cool though

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Following you , i don't see video ? Could it because I wasn't following you when it posted ? Tag me in a comment maybe if comments are open ? Don't know how else..
Sounds cool though

You need to be on mobile to view it.

Go to my profile, then click my avatar.

Just be warned, it's really informal and I do a lot of bullshitting in the video... but I show probably 4 bowls, temp stepped, and the ABV along the way.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I am very happy with temp control...

This was a bowl I started at 430F and rode hard the whole way

JPEG_20190414_211312.jpg

I was very close to buying another vape during 420sales this year, but I think I'm over it... Will give it some more time because "honeymoon" and etc, but I am very pleased.

btw - I can VIOLENTLY shake both my glass and wood stems, upside-down in the unit without them coming out.

edit:

For clarification, this is 2019 people, no one is trying to stir their vape. Especially me.
None of these bowls were stirred and no bowl I vape will ever be stirred. :argh:

Last edited:

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
btw - I can VIOLENTLY shake both my glass and wood stems, upside-down in the unit without them coming out.

Don't get too rowdy there :lol: easy on Herbie , and @HerbieVonVapster , don't tell muunch how to use his Vape, he had a bad case of the munchies near the end, no ones fault hahah Congratulations on your new Lil'Bud Elite. :clap:

Lovey stack of Elites, @Bravesst . It looks like an inuksuk the way they are stacked.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Nice review @muunch, thanks so much for the time and effort put in. I can't wait to see the video. I understand your dislike of the stir. There are times when I want no part of stirring. I think the Elite can help a lot with getting the most out of your tube without a stir. It also looks like your grind less fine, and this may also change the dynamics of the bowl. Also, with the rimmed type screen there may be a drop of conduction (good thing), which elevates / distributes / holds / some heat, which transfers to the herb. I can see that drawing a bit more battery (extra metal to heat) but efficiency is so high here it's a non issue. Makes me wonder what a SS lined tube tip would do.

So many ways to use the Elite.

I realize that as the *engine* that really powers any vape, we're all different. Draw speed, force, length, and then there's your ability for your throat and lungs to handle vapor, and that can change from session to session for the same person. After lots of testing, sometimes I felt like I was two different people vaping.

Sometimes, I like the little stir. I can ride a tube for quite awhile, ridiculously efficient. I can do this all in Watt Boost at 26 watts without ever touching the device except for stirring. If I'm home on my couch, this is part of the *process* for me.

EDIT:
After rereading muunch's post, I had a *stoner epiphany*. You guys are better vapists than me, in other words, while I can build the shit out the Elite, you are going to come up with ways to use it far beyond anything I've imagined. Holy fucking shit is this gonna be big. I wonder if Evolv gives a shit...

Last edited:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Holy fucking shit is this gonna be big.

:nod:

Not a surprise. You made a portable convection vape with superb battery life, pristine material choices, massive power, and a practically infinite amount of custom options.

Heatup is wicked fast, flavor is great, not many points of failure/possible breakage on the device... Yeah I am hard pressed to find flaws (the wideness of the device, and the button placement are things I see a lot of people complaining about - in actual use its not bad. It's not awkward to use or uncomfortable to hold) and it is not a fucking chore to use, due to the DNA chip - you just set it how you like, and it's good. I wouldn't worry passing this to a friend at all... Other electronic portables I found myself having to be in "the mood" to use, due to having to coax either a tasty hit out, or a big cloud. With the Elite, there's not much to it. I pick my temp, press the button and inhale.

No fucking with feathering the button, or varying drawspeeds and etc...

My only quip right now is the 10s time-out. You need to pulse the button after 10s to restart a hit, because I believe after 10s of the button being held, it cuts off.

No issue with device too hot yet - either board side, or in terms of the actual wood shell.

Need to do more field testing...

HerbieVonVapster

Thanks you for testing this for me @muunch. The reason I asked for this info was to make sure the DNA chip was performing as expected. The chips is working perfect. At 400 seeing a peak of 413 is well within the 5% overshoot range of the temperature that's set. Peak temperature might only last fraction of a second everything look good here.

Here is a 17 second draw showing in more detail of what's happening in TC mode well Elite is in use. The solid green line is the set wattage (50w). The solid red line is the temperature (400).

To better show the range there's also a low (392) and high temperature (418) value displayed.

opo4zr.png

The device monitor really comes in handy for testing things. If your into the nuts and bolts of what's happening durning a draw your going love the info it provides.

Holy fucking shit is this gonna be big. I wonder if Evolv gives a shit...
HEHE I got a good laugh from this comment.

My only quip right now is the 10s time-out. You need to pulse the button after 10s to restart a hit, because I believe after 10s of the button being held, it cuts off.

Under settings on the elite it should allow you to increase puff time to 20 seconds. If it doesn't work I can walk you thru escribe instructions to change it :)

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Thanks you for testing this for me @muunch. The reason I asked for this info was to make sure the DNA chip was performing as expected. The chips is working perfect. At 400 seeing a peak of 413 is well within the 5% overshoot range of the temperature that's set. Peak temperature might only last fraction of a second everything look good here.

Here is a 17 second draw showing in more detail of what's happening in TC mode well Elite is in use. The solid green line is the set wattage (50w). The solid red line is the temperature (400).

To better show the range there's also a low (392) and high temperature (418) value displayed.

opo4zr.png

The device monitor really comes in handy for testing things. If your into the nuts and bolts of what's happening durning a draw your going love the info it provides.

HEHE I got a good laugh from this comment.

Under settings on the elite it should allow you to increase puff time to 20 seconds. If it doesn't work I can walk you thru escribe instructions to change it :)

Those pictures from yesterday I showed you with my settings were done with the Ohms that I settled on in TC, btw. Not the stock settings.

If it's peaking at 413 during a draw with a set temp of 400f with ohms at 0.305, imagine how it would have been at stock ohms, 0.32

I'm not trying to discount anyone's testing, I just want the best experience for ME.

Also I did see that 20s timeout thing, but screen still shuts off after 10s. Guess I was worried no screens = no powah

Last edited:
muunch,
Reactions: P.A.M.

Logic

Old Skool Member ‘10
Honestly, in my humble opinion, it’s a million-dollar idea/prospect if you can expand and hit your target audience! Holy fucking shit is right, my friend!!!

Last edited:
Logic,
Top Bottom