Discontinued The Timber Elite by Vapwood

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Why ? If it's helpful to the Elite, I sure hope it will be deemed feasible. Or that instructions on how to do it will accompany the Elite .
It probably won't be necessary to test each one, we'll find out after I test a bunch of them. I will set up each unit with the best possible programming I can figure out, as well as provide instructions on how to do this yourself.

Another unit final assembled (total 7) this AM, two to go to make the day's minimum quota. With each build I figure out a little something to make the process a bit easier. Might just be new angle for a tool, changing up a sequence, or the different bend in a wire, but when you put it all together, it becomes a very smooth process. Nice feeling.

HerbieVonVapster

It's not a hard test to run and it feasible for customer to do that step. Try running one on each wood to see if density affects outcome. Then 2 of same wood to see if a big difference btw units. If you find there all coming out close to the same. You could use that as the stock settings.

Analyses Complete
Time Constants: Cooling 376.5 s / Heating 353.23 s
USB Charge AT: 0:00 F, 60.74 F/A, 49.14 F/W

any ideas on proper adjustments based on the above info, or are the adjustments automatic when you hit accept, bit confused on the software?
-----------------------------------

Analyses Complete
Time Constants: Cooling 376.5 s / Heating 353.23 s
USB Charge AT: 0:00 F, 60.74 F/A, 49.14 F/W

any ideas on proper adjustments based on the above info, or are the adjustments automatic when you hit accept, bit confused on the software?
-----------------------------------

The test ended and I was able to *accept* settings.

Yes once you hit accept it changes the values for you.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Awesome work guys !

I like the sound of uniformity from one Elite to another .

I do understand that formany builder the DNA board wasn't made by builder let alone made specifically for dry herb and that really , end users preferences also come into play .

Still, having every unit "setup" to a certain "file" with analysis tuned in from the shop, it shoul help keep things simple with everyone starting from the same point. it also helps Further down if joe or Tim can't get same performance others do, then we can all help each other out .

Those who are already comfortable playing with mod boxes and profile files probably won't mind if the Elite arrives pre-set and will know or figure out how to revert to stock DNA setup easily I would think .

Vape on!

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I had an R&D day... I am always thinking of ways to improve, and this upgrade has to do with the cover plate, and how it attaches to the unit. Look for this change to make it to the assembly line by the April batch (4/20 batch). Still not 100% finalized, I'll be working on it this week. For me this improvement does three things.
1. Structural - plate more securely held in place
2. Cosmetic - very sweet cosmetic change
3. Process - a bit easier to carrier out​
So changes will continue - as long as I can think of improvements, I'll implement them. I think that's the unique property of Vapwood. I will never just sit back and sell, what's the point? My goal is forever better, and with a small operation, I have the freedom to make changes on a dime, and the Elite is a reflection of that business philosophy.

In the meantime, Elite batch 2 is settling in at 10 units. I have a couple more to complete before I start the testing the software (need to read a PM from @HerbieVonVapster on the latest). As I mentioned before, this batch is all walnut and cherry. Those Cherry units are exquisite, but I've always been partial to Cherry.

Again, to go over the new pricing - one batt and matching tube included, as long as I can keep up with tube demand.
Maple: $299 (after coupon code)
Cherry: $309 (after coupon code)
Walnut: $319 (after coupon code)
Koa: $329 (after coupon code)

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
As I continue to work, I'm still devoting time to my new cover plate idea. I brought one test dummy to completion.
20190325-173501.jpg

HerbieVonVapster

Looks good, I do see some light bleed from screen was wondering if some sort of a gasket or something could be used to block that in production models? Also noticed still covering the light above the fire button? Really only time I use it is to check if charging on the DNA mods. With one battery feel might not be as important. Think most will be charging batteries externally.

Really pleased with how well TC is coming together been using same setting the last few hundred puffs. Since lowering Mod internal resistance and tweaking material file it's been running excellent. Of the different 510 devices I have set up this one tracks the temperature changes almost perfect.

Feel slight adjustment may still yield better results but we are talking small changes at this point. I'm still trying find a better way of determining mod internal resistance. Really unless i get a thermocouple to measure temperatures feel most changes at this point are going be small. Maybe a percent or 2 over current.

Currently seeing a small bump in peak temp output. Average temperature across draw is excellent. Going mess with preheat and try to narrow the small peak in temperature. It's peaking about 2-3% higher than set temperature using a varied draw speed even less on steady draw. It only hit's the higher temperature for a split second.

Since the elite is already the best temperature tracking device I have worked with I'm not really expecting to get too much better in this aspect. Where talking a few degrees for a micro second. More me just striving to get it perfect than something even noticeable.

I have sent the most recent build over to Mike. Figure he can try it out. Since Frank's theme are the most popular used that theme. Of course it's up to Mike to decide what he like to use in the official release.

Themes are something haven't really gotten into discussing yet. Changing themes normally don't affect other settings so feel it comes down to what user likes.

There's a ton of them to choose from and picked franks based on popularity and function. Here is a link to other choices.

https://forum.evolvapor.com/files/c...lor/?sortby=file_downloads&sortdirection=desc

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I'm working on this current batch, not working with any software yet. That will happen before the batch ships. I am reading the article about TC, lots of great info.

I don't know if a tighter fit is possible with the slight bit of expansion and contraction of the wood across 2 blocks of wood that are being heated (dried) so rapidly. I will do my best to make it as tight as possible, without stressing the wood.

I am really looking forward diving into the software, and openly want to thank you.

And yes, a hole for the light is being implented on future units with this design.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
We have an *overlap* situation. The Elite is now being offered with one battery and complimentary roasting tube (while supplies last). I've dropped the starting price to $299, and plan to eliminate the coupon code discount - tomorrow. That means that for 24 hours prices have dropped $30 across the board, and coupon code ELITIST will work until midnight tonight.

Just an observation. Vapwood has gone from a hobby to a small business, but my mindset in the shop needs to stay relaxed. With the Elite there is the added element of software programming. Thankfully, we have some talented individuals to help (thanks @HerbieVonVapster ). So, whether it is handcrafting wood, assembling electronics, or programming, unless I promise a specific shipping date to an already assembled unit, there can be NO RUSH. Projected shipping dates are posted on the website. I've pretty much not missed those, except for an isolated few. I apologize to those people, but Vapwood is Mike, and I do much better work relaxed.

In the meantime, speaking of *relaxed*. The latest Elite prototype is kicking fucking ass. @HerbieVonVapster - I read the article you sent to me, and tried to absorb the info as best I could. I went in and made many of those changes on my latest Elite. TCR is where it's at. I adjusted it down from .006 to .0059. Suddenly I'm vaping in TC mode and loving it. I'm working at around 28 watts / from 350 F to 420 F.

All units will go out with the software adjustments that we deem to be the best for LB at the time units are shipped. Realize that this is pioneer work, and a work in progress, but the DNA75 Color board is clearly up to the task of vaping cannabis!

Last edited:

Easywider

Simple is the way
Take your time Mike! Love hearing these progress updates as units move forward. Very much looking forward to one day being a proud owner of an Elite.

Easywider,

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
All units will go out with the software adjustments that we deem to be the best for LB at the time units are shipped.

Awesome - thank you sir. I also agree having the cold ohms of each unit (like the tubo) would be helpful if things go awry, so we can easily get back to a baseline.

muunch,
Reactions: Bravesst

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Good evening boys and girls...
Wow, long day. I actually do other stuff besides just build vapes. I'm in the process of getting some work done on the house - siding / roof / windows. Out with the old in with the new.

I still managed to get some good shop time, assembled a couple of units. I did work with the software on my own today, watching videos, reading, experimenting.

@HerbieVonVapster have you seen this guy?
https://www.ecigclick.co.uk/evolve-dna75-dna200-mods-guide/
https://www.steam-engine.org/wirewiz.html#

He recommends .00092 for the TCR - I tried it, but got *temp protect* error message. I put it back to .0059, and getting nice results. Maybe 0.00092 will work, just need to raise temp adjustment?

Bravesst,
Reactions: muunch

HerbieVonVapster

.006 I think you misunderstood the PM I sent. That was just info how to make a TCR file in escribe and not the value to use.

That has to be running really hot sorry about the confusion there have you tried the custom one I sent? It was closer to TCR value of 0.00109

When you can open this file from escribe welcome screen. Just click open settings from file. You don't even need to connect a lil bud elite to view the settings. I still need to correct the time graphic on main lil bud screen but let me know your thoughts on it.
ELITEtest.ecig

index.php

HerbieVonVapster

Just a follow up for others who may be following along concerning TCR setting in escribe. I didn't realized with escribe that the firsts time you use the actions button and click TCR it uses a value of .006 in it. After you change TCR value it then uses your whatever the last value you had entered the next time you open it.

Caused some confusion so wanted point that out.

HerbieVonVapster,

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Confusion under control... even with the TCR at the software default, the experience was good. But with this adjustment, TC Mode is really nice, and very reflective of actual *vapor temp* vs coil temp. Just like @HerbieVonVapster , I'm getting nice results from 350 to 450, dependent upon the stage of the load.

Herbie has been tapping into the Evolv forum, and one of the mods is being really helpful. He's offered me some build suggestions that are much appreciated - keeping wires exactly sized (gauge and length) helps with accuracy. Fascinating to learn more and more about this truly remarkable product, and how to integrate into a dry herb vaporizer. For those of you afraid of this getting too complicated, it won't be complicated at all at the end user level. There will always be the *safety net* of default settings, as well as having multiple profiles to work off. So if something goes awry, there are back up options. It's actually a pretty simple to use device.

Anyway, cruising with my Elite right now, trying to *stop working* even when I'm relaxing.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Yes!!! Love love love ! Keep cruisin Mike ..

"The arena is empty , except for man, still driving and striving as fast as he can." "He's going The Distance . He's going for speeeeed " !! :rockon:

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
@HerbieVonVapster
Records everything!
The ease of use in TC mode is a pleasure. I think it's probably even better on the battery to let the board control watts while you ask it to keep a steady temp. I got through 24 hours on one battery, and I have a puff log like yours! I think the file you created brings the Elite about as close as any vape to measuring actual vapor temperature.

Going forward, there are a couple of more *ideas* in the works that need to be tried out. I'll keep them under wraps until testing is complete. The last prototype (my DD) features the changes to the cover plate, as it is now fixed from the sides and doesn't extend through the top and bottom. All specs have been nailed down on this unit as well, and it will serve as the model for all future units.

Back to puff #25,873

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
"long ago Somebody left with the cup" , lol Better up those numbers @HerbieVonVapster :lol: . If I wasn't lazy I'd go back to see when you received your Elite and find your daily puffs average . Thanks for all you do for the mod vaping community Herbie! We're lucky to have someone unbiased and dedicated to making mod files for all vapes as you do , keep up the great work. :tup:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
"long ago Somebody left with the cup" , lol Better up those numbers @HerbieVonVapster :lol: . If I wasn't lazy I'd go back to see when you received your Elite and find your daily puffs average . Thanks for all you do for the mod vaping community Herbie! We're lucky to have someone unbiased and dedicated to making mod files for all vapes as you do , keep up the great work. :tup:
Just kidding... but between my two Elites I do have you beat @HerbieVonVapster , as I blew past 3,000 hits in total.

@P.A.M. - I listen to that Cake song almost every day on Amazon (Alexa) 90's alternative station in my shop - ironic that you zeroed in on that song.
--------------------------------------------------------
I am very excited about the next build. As I sit here typing, tolking, I realize that even if we never improved the Elite one drop, it's an awesome vaping experience. But just like the Classic in its early days, ideas keep popping into my head. At this stage, we're not so much problem solving, as taking things to the another level.

Herbie is always busy at work, and he's connected with another knowledgeable member from Evolv who can help us tweak the integration of wood, coil, and board even further - and not just with software programming, but some sound build suggestions.

Dry herb flower vaping is a challenge to say the least. Think about what's being accomplished as you turn a *solid* into a *gas* without ever really being a liquid, and without the help of conduction cooking or charring. @Alan, the mastermind behind the entire process, will see his coil utilized at its maximum potential. Right now, in TC mode (herbie's program), it's pretty damn close.

So the next batch of Elites should begin testing next week. I'm going to use Herbie's file, and make all the baseline changes necessary so you'll be working with a pre programmed Elite. I'll also upgrade my user guide to give a bit more in depth info on this, as well as any info you need to get back to a working default setting - no sweat, no hassles.

Plus, there is always the forum and contacting me directly, if you need some help. I don't want you to have to be a computer programmer to enjoy the Elite, but if you so desire, there are infinite possibilities. What you'll get is the software in the exact state of my DD. The unit will be plug and play, with zero work outta the box.

Last edited:

HerbieVonVapster

Plus, there is always the forum and contacting me directly, if you need some help. I don't want you to have to be a computer programmer to enjoy the Elite, but if you so desire, there are infinite possibilities. What you'll get is the software in the exact state of my DD. The unit will be plug and play, with zero work outta the box.

Yes totally agree, I would hate to see someone scared off by the recent tech talk and settings with the elite.

Unless I'm working with the files or trying something new. I don't adjust the escribe settings for normal use.

Basically I turn it on press the fire button and enjoy. Only thing I change is the temperature vaping at.

The ease of use is one of the pluses that the elite offers over the other 510 devices that are using a separate DNA mod.

It comes with software to get best performance currently found for elite. The cold OHMS, puff time, mod resistance, material file, case thermal and more are already set. If later improvement changes are made it's easy to update the elite in escribe.

Included is a popular theme with couple changes made for the elite. For those that just want to use device it's an easy to use theme. For this with a desire to do more this theme allows you to make changes on the elite, for most of the settings that are offered in escribe software.

Thanks @P.A.M. humm lets see I got it on 3/4 so....26days ago and currently at 2730 puffs. Heck that's only 105 hits a day on the elite. I'm sure it will be a bit higher now that I finished updating the FCSHARE files. :)

2eokzgh.jpg

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
A note from a *moderately* tech savvy manufacturer...

I've been *researching* hard. I can't stop working while vaping. As the manufacturer setting the default settings,t the variables of temperature control (accurately reading temp), across multiple units, is a challenge for sure, but sometimes you just wanna sit back and press the button, not really think about anything - welcome Watt Boost.
29 or 30 watts, a bit of punch = sweat as pie and cool as a cucumber and I can stop working.

Top Bottom