The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

RedZep

RxPlorer said that vapes with conduction always felt more body stoney than full convection vapes using the same flower. And you described similar heady effects from the Sticky Brick and the Anvil. And I simply applied the supposed dichotomy of signatures to your stated experience, without expressing my own opinion of either signature. Just trying to make sense of the mysterious doctrine of vape signatures. Perhaps I'm looking for logic in a field were it doesn't apply.
No I described Anvil as being conduction biased. The signature couldn't be more different to SB IMO.

Don't get so hung up on the variable I put forth regarding potential anxiety effects, as that is how my body is processing certain variables of vapes. But just because two vapes can have that effect on me does not imply similar signature, as other variables of differentiation persist.

You are right to have doubts over one person's description of the signature. But as I said over time when more people give their input, you do end up with something informative in the aggregate.

Flow

Hi fellow tempest seekers !
I'm wondering how many of these will be on sale tonight ?
I won't stay behind my computer screen if it's a 5 or 10 unit drop… i'll wait for it's official release, nevermind...
But if it's like 100 units or more, then i'll try to take time to order tonight... and be late to my rendez-vous anyway, but happier than ever ^^
I only aim a full Ti set, no bright colors for now…

Flow,

Jojofernz

Hi fellow tempest seekers !
I'm wondering how many of these will be on sale tonight ?
I won't stay behind my computer screen if it's a 5 or 10 unit drop… i'll wait for it's official release, nevermind...
But if it's like 100 units or more, then i'll try to take time to order tonight... and be late to my rendez-vous anyway, but happier than ever ^^
I only aim a full Ti set, no bright colors for now…
I believe it’s 50 but someone else correct me if I’m wrong!

Can’t wait to try myself!!

Jojofernz,
Reactions: boon

Ann_evans96

You are right to have doubts over one person's description of the signature. But as I said over time when more people give their input, you do end up with something informative in the aggregate.

Pretty much everyone that’s had experience with multiple vapes should know there’s a clear difference in signatures. It’s why we collect them in the first place!

As the guy you replied to said, logic would make you think extraction at the same temps regardless of hearing method will extract the same psychoactives and thus have the same effects. Yet it doesn’t. You really start noticing it as you try more vapes. There’s obviously something missing in the logic that would explain why convection and conduction can feel so different at the same extraction temps.

I agree though, these new ball vapes (TA, stunner, tempest) all have a wonderfully uplifting convection signature. I love my anvil but my stunner and TA (and soon tempest) are just different in their signature and suit a much different use case for me. All wonderful devices I couldn’t be without

Last edited:

RedZep

@Brenyo Do you think it's necessary to remove the MP and flow tube from the cooling unit before soaking in ISO?

I haven't been able to test if it would be sufficient but I can do that if you are not sure.

Jojofernz

Pretty much everyone that’s had experience with multiple vapes should know there’s a clear difference in signatures. It’s why we collect them in the first place!

As the guy you replied to said, logic would make you think extraction at the same temps regardless of hearing method will extract the same psychoactives and thus have the same effects. Yet it doesn’t. You really start noticing it as you try more vapes. There’s obviously something missing in the logic that would explain why convection and conduction can feel so different at the same extraction temps. There’s often things logic hasn’t caught up to explaining IME.

I agree though, these new ball vapes (TA, stunner, tempest) all have a wonderfully uplifting convection signature. I love my anvil but my stunner and TA (and soon tempest) are just different in their signature and suit a much different use case for me. All wonderful devices I couldn’t be without
Not to continue much on this off-topic but as someone relatively new to vaping overall, I am just beginning to understand and feel the differences that you all speak of here as I grow my vape collection.

I really notice a difference between say my Dynavaps or Terpcicle compared to a torch ball-vape I have which is convection. And I find I really enjoy the way convection makes me feel at times, especially for a during the day kinda session.

Anyway to get back to the Tempest, a little less than 4 hours and it’s all I can think of haha I feel I’m gonna be pretty absent minded at work today until the drop happens. Really hope to be an owner soon and experience the signature myself!

Ann_evans96

Not to continue much on this off-topic but as someone relatively new to vaping overall, I am just beginning to understand and feel the differences that you all speak of here as I grow my vape collection.

I really notice a difference between say my Dynavaps or Terpcicle compared to a torch ball-vape I have which is convection. And I find I really enjoy the way convection makes me feel at times, especially for a during the day kinda session.

Anyway to get back to the Tempest, a little less than 4 hours and it’s all I can think of haha I feel I’m gonna be pretty absent minded at work today until the drop happens. Really hope to be an owner soon and experience the signature myself!

You’ll love it man! Best of luck :)

I can’t wait to get my chance to try and get one. Maybe tonight is going to be the right time for me, maybe another time might be. Either way I’ve been loving reading and seeing everyone enjoying their tempests, I hope the good vibes in this thread continue as more of us get to enjoy and share our experiences:)

RedZep

As the guy you replied to said, logic would make you think extraction at the same temps regardless of hearing method will extract the same psychoactives and thus have the same effects. Yet it doesn’t. You really start noticing it as you try more vapes. There’s obviously something missing in the logic that would explain why convection and conduction can feel so different at the same extraction temps.

I agree. For me vape signature consists of known and unknown variables. In that way it's not something a single person can apply an objective measurement of. But the concept has value to anyone who has experienced many vapes and begins to get a feel for these intangibles.

Lots of things are like that. Climate science speaks often about known domino effect variables, yet they are more than aware of unknown domino variables that will only become known once triggered. Or how quantum physicists have a working model of the universe, while knowing they are working with an incomplete data set. In this way even stringent scientific measures deals with conjecture.

So vape signatures are absolutely not an objectively easily measurable dynamic. Yet I absolutely find value in hearing from experienced users on the matter.

weekeda

And for somebody with no vape at this time can you rank these devices? What would be your number one at this time?

Ann_evans96

And for somebody with no vape at this time can you rank these devices? What would be your number one at this time?
Oh man this is going way off topic!

Quickly though. Anvil and TA are equal. I love the 50:50 hybrid signature of the Anvil after work or on a day off at home. The TA has a strong convection bias and it’s lovely for day vaping.

The tempest will be an even better TA, which is why I’m so excited to get one.

Last edited:

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Please use the comparison thread in AskFC for comparisons, this thread should be Tempest only.

Singularity Walker

The reload gen 2 magnet piece cam be removed. Then you have a coin which work as decapper and it can stay in metal places.

-“Does it mean I can attach the tempest to my fridge?”
-“Of course Timmy! You can!”
Now I have an excuse to buy another Reload G2 and another Reload G1 Keyring.
G1 Keyring + silicone washer + G2 Coin (recessed slot facing out) = Tempest decapper keyring.
Silicone washer of the right size to prevent something getting between the keyring and G2 coin that might pry them apart, also increase friction to keep the coin from spinning.

Fox

Any materials researchers on board? I ask because I just had the idea again that there should be something that could be coated with the vapor path to reduce the condensation. I use a 15cm x 5mm silicone hose for the Anvil through water so that the vapor lands directly in the water and difference is worth it.

grognard3r

Congrats rebelFarmer and Jojofernz, I, too, have a confirmation of my order! Man, I can't wait to try that out. Like you, I've been drumming my fingers patiently. Amazing what the VAS can do to you, huh? Good hunting everyone. Based on my experiences with Mad, this is going to be fantastic.

Top Bottom