The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

Fox

Yeah I want to emphasize that the signature is very clearly convection. So when I say "grounded" I don't mean in the deep bassy way conduction vapes are. More an emphasis that the effects move with you. Not jumping ahead like SB and making your head spin. Or creeping up slowly like Volcano Hybrid. Maybe that's what I'm getting at, speed of onset. It's just right.

Either way I feel very comfortable getting extremely medicated with this thing. Which is good for pain as you say.
Hi, may I ask what kind of vaporizers are meant by the term performance vapes? The description of the effects of these devices makes me curious. Thank you!

Fox,

Archemic

What are the dimensions?
I’ve got a nice leather pen sleeve that will work but I want to start looking for a case.

Archemic,

HumbleLivings

The thread should be very loose, that's on purpose so it can't get stuck, even if you have some bits in there. It should work smoothly as long as you're trying to screw it on straight and fairly gently. You don't have to turn it slowly, just don't press it too hard. Let me know again in a few days please, there might be some metal shavings left in the thread or something, but it's possible that it's faulty as well though.

Thanks for the quick review! :tup:
Hey Brenyo,
thanks for responding,

i did clean tempest very well, including threads before using it, ok no worries I will let you know how it goes in a few days,
maybe its just me haha

I also am wondering if this tempest I received came with the 2 click plates,
I have not heard any clicks yet, I know the clickers were not working properly(early clicks) but I am not hearing any clicks at all
just wondering,

visual indicator seems to be working great for me though, although my eye sight is not that great so having a click would be helpful tbh (when ever they are final and ready)

I am enjoying the Tempest very much I think you guys nailed it and am looking forward to getting a purple tempest once its ready
along with the PreSale Kit for this pre-sale tempest I got.

thanks man! ✌️

HumbleLivings

Nope; too quick to the click, even on the lowest voltage. V2. I had high hopes for it with the Tempest, but it won't detect.
yeah funny you mentioned this, earlier this morning I tried YLL IH 2.0 with Tempest and yeah it does Not even detect it
any idea why?

HumbleLivings,
Reactions: Archemic

RedZep

Hi, may I ask what kind of vaporizers are meant by the term performance vapes? The description of the effects of these devices makes me curious. Thank you!
I looked over my last few posts describing signature and I don't think I used the term "performance vapes". Do you mean convection/conduction?

RedZep,
Reactions: Fox

Fox

I looked over my last few posts describing signature and I don't think I used the term "performance vapes". Do you mean convection/conduction?
Oh it's a translation error I'm from Germany and use the translation, unfortunately it's not error-free. Conduction is correct, so it is self-explanatory to me. Thank you!

Fox,
Reactions: RedZep

Strolling&Rolling

Hi guys,

As a newb to Ball Vapes and someone who hasn't owned a Dynavap, would it be better for me to wait for the full release of the Tempest or do you think I could operate the pre-release kit?

I'm tempted to try pick one up tomorrow but wondering if it's wiser to wait for the full release?

HumbleLivings

Hi guys,

As a newb to Ball Vapes and someone who hasn't owned a Dynavap, would it be better for me to wait for the full release of the Tempest or do you think I could operate the pre-release kit?

I'm tempted to try pick one up tomorrow but wondering if it's wiser to wait for the full release?
For me it was a no brainer as MH
Made it easy
You buy the presale tempest (then you buy the final kit and pay the difference of what final tempest costs and get the final pieces you are missing with the presale tempest
And free shipping for the kit afaik

So that’s why I went for it and glad I did as I am really enjoying the tempest right now

RedZep

Hi guys,

Only good reason to not try, is if you want to wait for certain colour selection. Or if you were short on money until January. IMO. I say this as someone who has been using an early release model, with no clicker disk, no machined ball screen, and none tuned visual indicator. It's still been a breeze to use, and it's still my most used vape easily.

Smknbud

Hi guys,

I'll sound like a broken record and also say yes. The visual indicator according to MH should be correctly working with tomorrows drop, the clicking discs not yet, but if you plan on getting a Ispire Wand and use the time-out mode you will be just fine. It really really is that good and I don't have a single regret.....and have yet to hear/red from anyone that they did.

Smknbud,

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
Hello everyone.
I smoked for years, but for the past three weeks, I've been only vaping and having a lot of fun with my Mighty+ and DynaVap. :love:
Since I used to smoke joints, I enjoy heating the DynaVap with a lighter and plan to use the Tempest (I'm also eagerly awaiting its release) with a lighter. I think I read in this thread that a triple-flame torch lighter makes sense, right? Which specific lighter do you recommend for the Tempest? Thank you very much, and best regards from Switzerland! :wave:

HumbleLivings

Hello everyone.
I smoked for years, but for the past three weeks, I've been only vaping and having a lot of fun with my Mighty+ and DynaVap. :love:
Since I used to smoke joints, I enjoy heating the DynaVap with a lighter and plan to use the Tempest (I'm also eagerly awaiting its release) with a lighter. I think I read in this thread that a triple-flame torch lighter makes sense, right? Which specific lighter do you recommend for the Tempest? Thank you very much, and best regards from Switzerland! :wave:
I am currently using the
Blazer Fire Fox and The IGNYT Mini both work just fine for me
I just got The Tempest in all fairness but from my 1st impressions these 2 torches work just fine
I am still fine tuning it tbf but it works great

everyone can find that sweet spot for what they are wanting to experience as far as
>Favor
>vapor quality
>it does make a difference how fast or slow you inhale or if you use a bong

I just combusted using IH Wand using recommended settings with bong, with longer draws (so I would have to tweak the wand settings if I use the bong) but actually let me rephrase that...

I can use the recommended settings with a bong and NOT combust if I dont do super long rips (which I cant do super long) but even doing medium rips after 2 bowl already hot and reheated you have to watch your draw speed

so more testing is needed, I did not combust on bong by casual slow medium draws
but when I did a medim/high draw longer it combusted at recommended settings, so again
you have to watch the draw or I am guessing go lower on the heatup for longer hard One shot draws
its fine for me as I cant do One shot draws (but someone asked me the question) and i was curious so i did a medium semi long draw and combusted lol

anyhow its just tweaking the heatup depending on what method you like to use

HumbleLivings,
Reactions: bhasma
Hello everyone.
I use a cyclone 2 triple torch very successfully with my Dani Fusion and fully expect it to work well with the Tempest that I am lucky to have arriving tomorrow. Although saying that the balls might need much more of a heating than it can provide

RxPlorer

In summary I would call the signature potent, calm, grounded, yet clearly convection based
I appreciate you taking the time to analyze that. I feel that I have to manage the side effects of medicating and these are great notes to have when I think about how to get the most benefit on a particular day. I’m bookmarking that post

RxPlorer,
Reactions: RedZep

HumbleLivings

After all these recent posts, I’m gonna try for the drop tomorrow, I don’t wanna wait any more haha. posting here to put it out into the universe, hoping I can secure one of them before they run out, watching that timer page while I’m at work tomorrow lol
hope you get one bro
it will be worth it, I am enjoying mine very much atm
just doing alot of different testing but I love that the tempest just holds heat calories very very well

I hope you get yours Jojo!

HumbleLivings,
Reactions: Jojofernz

bhasma

Signature sounds scientific but without science it is rather subjective. Sometimes it refers to the taste and sometimes the effects, but it's not always clear.

The signature of different varieties and strains includes different flavours and feelings, both indicating different compounds in different proportions. Extraction at different temperatures has its signature taste and effects. Extraction by different modes of heating has its signatures, and different vapes have their own signatures. And without objectivity and isolation of causes subjective comparisons of "signature" don't mean very much.

I find that any vape feels more cerebral at lower temperatures and more somatic at higher temperatures, and that can only be because different amounts of different compounds are being extracted.

If it is true that convection itself gives a more heady feeling and conduction more body feelings, each process must be extracting the available compounds in different proportions. And (if the effects of extraction at different temperatures is any indication) it would appear that conduction by nature extracts more deeply and convection leaves something behind, which isn't true. But convection does preserve more flavour through to higher temperatures. And if a vape is truly riding the line and extracting everything available then the effects should be the same no matter if the line was reached by convection or conduction.

The Anvil is not conduction heavy, but conduction contributes to the extraction. A conduction vape with a chamber that barely exceeds 170°C could not achieve the rapid full extraction of the Anvil. And the Tempest also has some conduction, as previously discussed.

And if the Sticky Brick's convection can cause the same speedy, head-spinning, panic inducing effects as the "conduction heavy" Anvil then those effects aren't related to the manner of heating (unless the Anvil is also more convection).

Perhaps Brenyo has measured the Tempest's bowl temperature through a cycle, or perhaps someone could try heating their Tempest normally but without inhaling, and after a typical extraction time examine the load, which (in the absence of convection) should give some idea of any heating by conduction or radiation.

And comparisons should be made in another thread to avoid off-topic discussion:

https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/...ggie-pre-release-prototype-comparisons.54512/

RedZep

Signature sounds scientific but without science it is rather subjective. Sometimes it refers to the taste and sometimes the effects, but it's not always clear.

The signature of different varieties and strains includes different flavours and feelings, both indicating different compounds in different proportions. Extraction at different temperatures has its signature taste and effects. Extraction by different modes of heating has its signatures, and different vapes have their own signatures. And without objectivity and isolation of causes subjective comparisons of "signature" don't mean very much.

I find that any vape feels more cerebral at lower temperatures and more somatic at higher temperatures, and that can only be because different amounts of different compounds are being extracted.

If it is true that convection itself gives a more heady feeling and conduction more body feelings, each process must be extracting the available compounds in different proportions. And (if the effects of extraction at different temperatures is any indication) it would appear that conduction by nature extracts more deeply and convection leaves something behind, which isn't true. But convection does preserve more flavour through to higher temperatures. And if a vape is truly riding the line and extracting everything available then the effects should be the same no matter if the line was reached by convection or conduction.

The Anvil is not conduction heavy, but conduction contributes to the extraction. A conduction vape with a chamber that barely exceeds 170°C could not achieve the rapid full extraction of the Anvil. And the Tempest also has some conduction, as previously discussed.

And if the Sticky Brick's convection can cause the same speedy, head-spinning, panic inducing effects as the "conduction heavy" Anvil then those effects aren't related to the manner of heating (unless the Anvil is also more convection).

Perhaps Brenyo has measured the Tempest's bowl temperature through a cycle, or perhaps someone could try heating their Tempest normally but without inhaling, and after a typical extraction time examine the load, which (in the absence of convection) should give some idea of any heating by conduction or radiation.

And comparisons should be made in another thread to avoid off-topic discussion:

https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/...ggie-pre-release-prototype-comparisons.54512/
Yeah I qualified it as being subjective. Not able to measure these things with any real scientific accuracy. However I was using the same material/strain with each of these vapes. I disagree that SB and Anvil can be seen as having similar signature due to apparent potency and increased (personal) chance of anxiety inducing effects. They clearly have a very different signature.

We know personal conjecture on something as nebulous and ephemeral as vape signature is not an exact science, and should not taken as gospel. However I find value in the collective aggregate insights on many users. You tend to see clear patterns emerging.

RedZep,
Reactions: bhasma

bhasma

Yeah I qualified it as being subjective. Not able to measure these things with any real scientific accuracy. However I was using the same material/strain with each of these vapes. I disagree that SB and Anvil can be seen as having similar signature due to apparent potency and increased (personal) chance of anxiety inducing effects. They clearly have a very different signature.

We know personal conjecture on something as nebulous and ephemeral as vape signature is not an exact science, and should not taken as gospel. However I find value in the collective aggregate insights on many users. You tend to see clear patterns emerging.
RxPlorer said that vapes with conduction always felt more body stoney than full convection vapes using the same flower. And you described similar heady effects from the Sticky Brick and the Anvil. And I simply applied the supposed dichotomy of signatures to your stated experience, without expressing my own opinion of either signature. Just trying to make sense of the mysterious doctrine of vape signatures. Perhaps I'm looking for logic in a field were it doesn't apply.

bhasma,

PossumMD

So, it's Saturday for me (hello from Australia, the part of the world that is ahead of the rest of the world. Sure, it's only a day, but I'll claim it!) what are the details for the drop? Cos I wanna set an alarm for it. I've done a rudimentary search, but I'm a little hammered cos it's my birthday.

Jojofernz

So, it's Saturday for me (hello from Australia, the part of the world that is ahead of the rest of the world. Sure, it's only a day, but I'll claim it!) what are the details for the drop? Cos I wanna set an alarm for it. I've done a rudimentary search, but I'm a little hammered cos it's my birthday.
Here is a timer!

Here it is

Jojofernz,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
@PossumMD I'll have my fingers crossed for you mate at 5am mate - happy birthday bro

VapingYogi,

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
Blazer Fire Fox and The IGNYT Mini both work just fine for me
Thank you, they look both very nice! Unfortunately both not available in Switzerland… :shrug:

I use a cyclone 2 triple torch very successfully
Thanks, I’ve got that one as well. It was part of the DV set I ordered. I also think it’ll do the job, although I want to have something bigger…

Last edited:
El Duderino,
Top Bottom