The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

RedZep

I like this idea. Am I right in assuming you weren't really taking note of the temp, just experimenting with drawing on the Tempest with the cap in the IH until it started producing vapor? and then when it reduced to "nothing" just dropping the tip un and drawing until it produced vapor?

I should look back and see how you set up your wand, I haven't had a reason to use it so I should pull it out and figure out how to use it before I get a Tempest.

I thought I was going to want to get a wooden stem, but the Titanium is just so much nicer that I was expecting. I will one day get the dark glass and a dark wood sleave, and sort of for the same reason, back to back usage with some compressed resin chucks or some hash; I didn't get a wood sleave for my Revolve as the reseller in Oz didn't have them so I am not sure how much insulation wood provides in this application.

*smiles* I figured people are lurking, its just interesting how quiet it is after the storm. I am sure we are just in the eye of this particular storm and those happy little people with Test Kits will start sharing pictures and reviews (hopefully) which should be interesting and fun, seeing a bunch of different - new - opinions.

Awesome, that's something I want to see & eventually replicate.
Aye just like that. Not checking the temp on the indicator. Just puffing until vapour. I don't think I'll do this with flower bowl reloads. But with a large hash bowl it makes perfect sense, as you maybe only need to notch it up another 10 degrees C for the hash to be extracting again. Large hash bowls just go on forever. I had to quit before the hash was done. Felt like I was powering through a blunt. Lovely experience but I don't typically like getting too medicated during work. I normally just like to use small amounts through the day for focus. I really wanted to experiment with it though :D

I think Titanium stem is a must. The cleaning is just too easy. Hot water, dish detergent, leav overnight. Or glass for same reason depending on preference. Titanium is unbreakable though so that should be taken into account.

But I definetely want to try wood, as it will be better for some usage cases.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I think Titanium stem is a must. The cleaning is just too easy. Hot water, dish detergent, leav overnight. Or glass for same reason depending on preference. Titanium is unbreakable though so that should be taken into account.
I broke my glass sleave, I like the look and profile of the glass, and I like that the Tempest glass is thicker so hopefully idiots like me find it harder to break

Aye just like that. Not checking the temp on the indicator. Just puffing until vapour. I don't think I'll do this with flower bowl reloads. But with a large hash bowl it makes perfect sense, as you maybe only need to notch it up another 10 degrees C for the hash to be extracting again. Large hash bowls just go on forever. I had to quit before the hash was done. Felt like I was powering through a blunt. Lovely experience but I don't typically like getting too medicated during work. I normally just like to use small amounts through the day for focus. I really wanted to experiment with it though :D
I am looking forward to it just that little bit more :) I apricate you taking one for the team to do the experiment :p

VapingYogi,

RedZep

I broke my glass sleave, I like the look and profile of the glass, and I like that the Tempest glass is thicker so hopefully idiots like me find it harder to break

I am looking forward to it just that little bit more :) I apricate you taking one for the team to do the experiment :p
When you use the glass stem, do you see the vapour inside the stem going over the primary cooling spiral? I don't have any Revolve experience so I have no idea if it would work like that.

No problem. It's been a quiet day at work to be honest so no regrets :D

RedZep,
Reactions: fangorn

fangorn

I was one of the users in ninja mode 🥷
I didn't miss the progress of this thread, but there were many, many more questions that I could have thought of so I didn't see the point in intervening here earlier. (and to be honest, the opening of the Vapman station pre-order held my full attention until the outcome.)

@RedZep and Brenyo gave so much information or advice that the puzzle was built slowly. (THANKS !)

At first I thought more about trying to buy the TA but, unless I'm wrong, the process is easier with Mad Heather who has a website.

and above all, Redzep's assertion that the experience is similar to a session with a joint has finally convinced me...
while knowing that I know that I didn't get that feeling again.. but it's too tempting not to want to try!!

Also, brenyo's experience with the cooling systems of these previous Stems (which I haven't tried) was a big advantage.

So there you have it, I tried my luck for these first two drops.
With these 10 units announced, I was sure to miss out, and I wouldn't have been disappointed so I just had fun.
after participating in the first drop, I remembered something that helped me a lot for the rest... and here I am.

so honestly sorry for those who are really disappointed... I know we didn't have the same emotional investment in this new unit.
I will do my best to share my experience and “pay my share”

I can already tell that Brenyo's shipping estimates were off...by quite a margin...
he was talking about launching his tempest on planet earth at the end of the current week... but it was settled one day after his estimate was confirmed!!

It's Halloween...but Christmas is on the way 🥷🧑‍🎄💚

Happy vaping everyone!

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
When you use the glass stem, do you see the vapour inside the stem going over the primary cooling spiral? I don't have any Revolve experience so I have no idea if it would work like that.

With the revolve you can set up different ways in which the vapour travels. I think it’s the DRC (draw resistance control) configuration of the airflow tube that causes the vapour to go around the spiral (which is sort of hard to see cross eyed with the the device in your mouth). There’s a second option that the vapour goes through the condenser.

Glad you had a good day then

Its 3am so if I mixed the terms around I’ll correct myself in the morning.

@fangorn congratulations on getting one, I look forward to you sharing your experiences when you get it :)

Cannabiker

It does work like that--it's very cool to watch (though you have to cross your eyes to see it).

I have to admit, I've only recently witnessed this feature, even though I picked up a Gen 1 Revolve on the first release. While I was blown away by the engineering and execution of the piece, it made me feel like @Fromthesticks does, like "going to a shoe store with the intent of buying a shoe for a specific task/job and walking out with the sizing plate."

Since I didn't take time to figure out how all the features worked, I didn't have an intuitive understanding of its functionality. That meant that every time I took it apart, I had to go back to the instructions to reconfigure it to my preferences. Even then, I'd have some mild anxiety that I'd accidentally change the settings and not be able reset it. I also felt like it might be a little too efficient at cooling, removing more condensate (the good stuff) than necessary. The Revolve was a daily driver for a few weeks, then I sort of forgot about it.

But Mad Heaters has been part of my daily kit through the Reload, Gen 1 and 2, and I've been keeping an eye out (like all of you) for the Sense. So when the Tempest was announced, I was excited. Given the design and manufacturing quality of previous offerings, Mad Heaters was sure to nail this emerging trend in portable vapes.

That line of thinking renewed my interest in the Revolve, so I dusted it off and installed the glass stem. I should have done that from the start. With all of the Revolve's parts on display, its functionality is readily apparent. Any mystery evaporated so quickly that I'm a little embarrassed that it flummoxed me at the start. Now I may end up with a Gen 2.

Putting the Revolve back into rotation has got me even more excited for the Tempest. I think my concerns about excess cooling were overblown with the Revolve and Dyna tips, and with the Tempest I think the cooling spiral will be brilliant.

I hope it clears customs quickly.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I think my concerns about excess cooling were overblown with the Revolve and Dyna tips, and with the Tempest I think the cooling spiral will be brilliant.
Ever try the revolve with the Anvil USA kit? That’s the reason I bought a revolve as I didn’t think a dynvap needed this level of cooling but I wanted options with the Anvil.

VapingYogi,

RedZep

I was one of the users in ninja mode 🥷
I didn't miss the progress of this thread, but there were many, many more questions that I could have thought of so I didn't see the point in intervening here earlier. (and to be honest, the opening of the Vapman station pre-order held my full attention until the outcome.)

@RedZep and Brenyo gave so much information or advice that the puzzle was built slowly. (THANKS !)

At first I thought more about trying to buy the TA but, unless I'm wrong, the process is easier with Mad Heather who has a website.

and above all, Redzep's assertion that the experience is similar to a session with a joint has finally convinced me...
while knowing that I know that I didn't get that feeling again.. but it's too tempting not to want to try!!

Also, brenyo's experience with the cooling systems of these previous Stems (which I haven't tried) was a big advantage.

So there you have it, I tried my luck for these first two drops.
With these 10 units announced, I was sure to miss out, and I wouldn't have been disappointed so I just had fun.
after participating in the first drop, I remembered something that helped me a lot for the rest... and here I am.

so honestly sorry for those who are really disappointed... I know we didn't have the same emotional investment in this new unit.
I will do my best to share my experience and “pay my share”

I can already tell that Brenyo's shipping estimates were off...by quite a margin...
he was talking about launching his tempest on planet earth at the end of the current week... but it was settled one day after his estimate was confirmed!!

It's Halloween...but Christmas is on the way 🥷🧑‍🎄💚

Happy vaping everyone!
No need to apologize mate. No one will be upset lurkers grabbed some. I think people were just taken by surprise by how many lurkers it seems like there are. It's a good thing really. Especially for Brenyo :D
It does work like that--it's very cool to watch (though you have to cross your eyes to see it).

I have to admit, I've only recently witnessed this feature, even though I picked up a Gen 1 Revolve on the first release. While I was blown away by the engineering and execution of the piece, it made me feel like @Fromthesticks does, like "going to a shoe store with the intent of buying a shoe for a specific task/job and walking out with the sizing plate."

Since I didn't take time to figure out how all the features worked, I didn't have an intuitive understanding of its functionality. That meant that every time I took it apart, I had to go back to the instructions to reconfigure it to my preferences. Even then, I'd have some mild anxiety that I'd accidentally change the settings and not be able reset it. I also felt like it might be a little too efficient at cooling, removing more condensate (the good stuff) than necessary. The Revolve was a daily driver for a few weeks, then I sort of forgot about it.

But Mad Heaters has been part of my daily kit through the Reload, Gen 1 and 2, and I've been keeping an eye out (like all of you) for the Sense. So when the Tempest was announced, I was excited. Given the design and manufacturing quality of previous offerings, Mad Heaters was sure to nail this emerging trend in portable vapes.

That line of thinking renewed my interest in the Revolve, so I dusted it off and installed the glass stem. I should have done that from the start. With all of the Revolve's parts on display, its functionality is readily apparent. Any mystery evaporated so quickly that I'm a little embarrassed that it flummoxed me at the start. Now I may end up with a Gen 2.

Putting the Revolve back into rotation has got me even more excited for the Tempest. I think my concerns about excess cooling were overblown with the Revolve and Dyna tips, and with the Tempest I think the cooling spiral will be brilliant.

I hope it clears customs quickly.
So I can confirm the cooling with Tempest tip is not overkill. Feels just right. I don't have the secondary cooling unit, but I honestly think I won't use it with flower. The taste, potency and vapour temp feel in a really nice sweet spot for my tastes. I would use SCU with hash though, to enable even bigger draws.

Cannabiker

Ever try the revolve with the Anvil USA kit? That’s the reason I bought a revolve as I didn’t think a dynvap needed this level of cooling but I wanted options with the Anvil.
That idea might trigger my VAS, except that I just dropped an order for an integrated stem and an XL mouthpiece for my Anvil, so I'm pretty invested in its original stem. Still, I have a feeling a USA will be a new itch.

Cannabiker,

mcscruffy

While the vapor is thicker early on you can, but as @VapingYogi said it is difficult to see yourself with how close it is unless you're looking in a mirror. It is mostly see through still but you can see it moving. It's not as visible like if you have it attached to a bong or something which i think is just because the path is so small.

The visual of vapor spinning along the spirals shouldn't be an expectation when purchasing is probably the best way to put it.

leanpubpackage

I have. it cools super well but at the cost of flavor and airflow. When released, I am going to try the tempest with the vortex, which is what I use now for my anvil USA. I find myself preferring to regulate the cooling with fresh air to maintain flavor and airflow

leanpubpackage,

MDude

I did not see anywhere, ,maybe I missed it, but do the balls rattle when Tempest is shaken?

MDude,

Grover

Retailer
I'm in when Soothing Vapours gets them in stock. I'd order direct, but if Canadian customs decides to charge me duty... it's going to be a hefty sum. I'd rather know what my total purchase price is without any surprises.

To add to the "Closest thing to smoking a joint" descriptor, RedZep is probably correct wrt what vapes are currently on the market. However, IMO the only way to closely replicate it, is high heat retention, with a decent portable IH that will bring the vape back to desired temperature in under approx 10 seconds after the first heat up. Solve this issue, and it'll be golden. 🤷🏻‍♂
Only IH I can think of is Vestratto's Forge that is supposed to come out soon... although it is portable, pics of the prototypes seem like the unit is HUGE in hand!
We'll be there for you, bud. As soon as Brenyo gives me the green light, my order is going in! We'll prob announce a pre-order in the Nov newsletter so I make sure to get specific colours for our peeps.

chimpybits

We'll be there for you, bud. As soon as Brenyo gives me the green light, my order is going in! We'll prob announce a pre-order in the Nov newsletter so I make sure to get specific colours for our peeps.
Great to hear. I'm in too.

EDIT
I'm in when Soothing Vapours gets them in stock. I'd order direct, but if Canadian customs decides to charge me duty... it's going to be a hefty sum. I'd rather know what my total purchase price is without any surprises.

To add to the "Closest thing to smoking a joint" descriptor, RedZep is probably correct wrt what vapes are currently on the market. However, IMO the only way to closely replicate it, is high heat retention, with a decent portable IH that will bring the vape back to desired temperature in under approx 10 seconds after the first heat up. Solve this issue, and it'll be golden. 🤷🏻‍♂
Only IH I can think of is Vestratto's Forge that is supposed to come out soon... although it is portable, pics of the prototypes seem like the unit is HUGE in hand! Pipes IH+DV has been running things for years as my DD and my sole vape in use. Works for me as desktop and portable. I've been keenly following the innovations
Yep. I'll join the chorus pushing for an IH.

Pipes Hotshot and DV has been my only setup now for years of DD. Been following innovations since, but this one has me biting - maybe even before the IH release. But that would necessitate the additional cost of the Wand (which I'd promptly switch out once MH release an IH). Hmm

Last edited:

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I have. it cools super well but at the cost of flavor and airflow. When released, I am going to try the tempest with the vortex, which is what I use now for my anvil USA. I find myself preferring to regulate the cooling with fresh air to maintain flavor and airflow
Very cool, I’ll probably try a MVS and Vortex for comparison. I ended up going back to the Anvil xl and my revolve is in its box right now. I did enjoy the revolve when I was using a ti tip and FMJ.

I’m still looking forward to everyone’s experiments. This should be fun.

That idea might trigger my VAS, except that I just dropped an order for an integrated stem and an XL mouthpiece for my Anvil, so I'm pretty invested in its original stem. Still, I have a feeling a USA will be a new itch.

Luck for me I bought the Anvil and Revolve at the same time specifically because I wanted to try the cooling. It’s noticeably better but I like the balance of the stock stem.

No need to apologize mate. No one will be upset lurkers grabbed some. I think people were just taken by surprise by how many lurkers it seems like there are. It's a good thing really. Especially for Brenyo :D
This, this is what I meant before when I was saying lots of lurkers, it’s not a bad thingy all, love the interest as it means more opportunities for Brenyo to improve the device, the FOMO in this group is strong (me being a huge contributor to FOMO) so a bunch of people where surprised. It like I said before is a great wake up call of just how much interest there is and the team can plan for it better in release day.

The visual of vapor spinning along the spirals shouldn't be an expectation when purchasing is probably the best way to put it.
That is exactly what I was trying to say.

There a NEWSLETTER? Where? I swear I have signed up for everything I can and I didn’t see any newsletters? Or am I jumping the gun :) ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir Wibble

Like many here ,missed out on the first two drops .
Hoping for better luck with the next two.
But if I miss out again I won't be too disappointed as the full release is not long to go.
Just eagerly awaiting the pre release email from Mad heaters .:love:

Sir Wibble,
Reactions: RedZep
Top Bottom