The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
As I said earlier I am definitely in the longer heat cycle/retention camp. Don't mind the extra energy required.

However I have to say the ability to swap them out is amazing. Another brilliant design plus imo.
Have you tried the Stunner? Portable ball vape with zirconia (swappable, ruby and SiC also) beads that's already available. I have one, they're great.
The Tempest has some big shoes to fill if it wants to knock the Anvil from its perch....I have been through most of the top portable vapes and the Anvil is the only one I haven't sold👍
I would also suggest trying the Stunner if you haven't already.

I'm sure I'll get a Tempest even though I own something similar. Seems like the most refined design out there.

TigoleBitties,
Reactions: endof3d

Shorner

I loved the Anvil. But I feel the Tempest is improving in some key areas.

To switch Anvil bowl sizes you have to buy new chambers instead of a screen adjustment (Tempest)

The 0.1g bowl on Anvil is too small, yet the Anvil stem struggles to cool that amount sufficiently for native use. Which is why many use the Revolve stem on the Anvil.

The 0.2g Anvil bowl compromises the airspace behind the chamber, increasing draw restriction.

The Anvil can't be heated too fast otherwise it combusts. A design flaw of having the heater wrapped around the herb, as opposed to above it (Tempest)

The Anvil has a torch sweet spot that is quite demanding. The torch has to be a certain type, flame size, distance etc, otherwise you risk combustion.

For me the Tempest looks like the next evolution. As big as a step as the Anvil was to the Dynavap.
I'm sure you were praising the Anvil a few months ago🤣

Shorner,

Clapped_r6

This looks awesome.
I have an Anvil and a TA, and am very curious about this.
I only run those 2 through water as they are pretty hot, does this stem cool that effectively?

Clapped_r6,
Reactions: Brenyo

RedZep

This looks awesome.
I only run those 2 through water as they are pretty hot, does this stem cool that effectively?
I found Anvil too hot with full bowl. But only just. Some people prefer Anvil with Revolve stem for better native cooling. So we can assume Tempest will be similar as same tech.

The question is will the extra 0.05 in the bowl compared to Anvil throw it towards too hot. But from what Brenyo has stated it seeks fine. He actually says the cooling isn't even a bottleneck for a theoretical 0.2g bowl.

"Too hot" is subjective though after all. But I'm confident and hopeful I will find native comfortable.

OGablogian

AKA Probeer
This looks awesome.

By far the most effective cooling stem out there imo. I believe mainly because the vapor doesnt pass through the inner condenser/tube, but between the outside stem and the condenser, resulting in much more cooling surface.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
By far the most effective cooling stem out there imo. I believe mainly because the vapor doesnt pass through the inner condenser/tube, but between the outside stem and the condenser, resulting in much more cooling surface.
It's because the vape path length makes it like a very long stem. Makes all the difference. Longtime fan.

kokolokokolokon

3mm glass beads, rayon and 25mg of extract.
First time in a long while since I used the uncalibrated Tempest so my technique is a little rusty.
Because of this I'm heating the top end of the matrix. Takes longer but still very forgiving.
Seems like glass balls work well.
Any different point on vapor or flavor?

RedZep

I’ve had great Extraction results with zirconia balls playing around with other thermal devices.
Send Me the Invoice I’m Ready for the Tempest.
Did you try the same device with Boro or Rubies? If so why did you rate the Zirconia so highly?

I haven't tried zirconia. The heat retention sounds amazing though.

RedZep,

Aegisz

After seeing all these videos of the Tempest in action my Titanium Dyna tip feels archaic. Tough wait :D

I am curious about the seal between the bowl and the ball chamber, sorry if it has been asked but will this require cleaning to maintain or will no residue get in there? Possibly a stupid question but I have no experience with ball style vapes.

Last edited:
Aegisz,

kokolokokolokon

After seeing all these videos of the Tempest in action my Titanium Dyna tip feels archaic. Tough wait :D

I am curious about the seal between the bowl and the ball chamber, sorry if it has been asked but will this require cleaning to maintain or will no residue get in there? Possibly a stupid question but I have no experience with ball style vapes.
After try the stunner i see a usual cleaning of the balls container isn’t needed. I just cleaned it a lot when i combusted (more times I would like…) but in a regulated device like the tempest i think it will keep clean a loooot of time.
But maybe @Brenyo or @phattpiggie can tell their experience :D

RedZep

After try the stunner i see a usual cleaning of the balls container isn’t needed. I just cleaned it a lot when i combusted (more times I would like…) but in a regulated device like the tempest i think it will keep clean a loooot of time.
But maybe @Brenyo or @phattpiggie can tell their experience :D
Can't see why any vapour would pass over the balls. So they wouldn't get dirty from general use.

At best small pieces of material might get through the screen and get Into the balls. If so it would take a while to build up to where it's even worth thinking about.

If the balls need cleaning I imagine it will be twice a year kind of job if at all

Top Bottom