Discontinued The Sublimator

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Hi jambandphan03,
They are already in production planning stage. We need some ideas for the carb placement that will be easy to use without risk of a burn by being too close to the heat injector. All ideas welcome, drawings even better.

WEll, I really like the way the "cloud buddy" uses a glass stopper as a carb, that way you can be hands free until you need to clear it, and it's a nice wide carb so you don't get any resistance. Any way to incorporate the Y adapter- side car style into the oil catcher design??

jambandphan03,
Reactions: VaporEyes

CheeseSandwich

I gotta small wispy hit with my cloud at max with the abv from the Sub. The abv was very light with a small amount of green. I suspect i have it down too low but the cool thing is I'm still getting very baked and nice hits.

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer
WEll, I really like the way the "cloud buddy" uses a glass stopper as a carb, that way you can be hands free until you need to clear it, and it's a nice wide carb so you don't get any resistance. Any way to incorporate the Y adapter- side car style into the oil catcher design?? Here is a pic of the cloud buddy, just for reference.

CloudBuddyLabeled_zps0012f29a.jpg~original
We have our MegaShot identical to that, SubBuddy will look like an H, but we are concerned the carb in the image as in our MegaShot is too close to where the Apollo sits for a burn risk?

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
WEll, I really like the way the "cloud buddy" uses a glass stopper as a carb, that way you can be hands free until you need to clear it, and it's a nice wide carb so you don't get any resistance. Any way to incorporate the Y adapter- side car style into the oil catcher design?? Here is a pic of the cloud buddy, just for reference.

Something like this?

Sub_buddy.png

Jazzah

Awesome to follow these posts :D
@ Jamband, good thinking, the downward joint in the middle seems like a necessity for stability.
I guess you allmost need 2 models, because you need a rather long downward 'stem' + joint for the inside cut bongs like the clear matrix, but that longevity is gonna compromise the stability of any bong with an angled connection ... I wish I was this passionate about school :D
BTW, 13 more days of exams for me, please don't conclude the competition till then 'cuz I have some awesome impersonation ideas :)
Bless you all

Oh and, welcome Enrico !

Jazzah,

JCat

Accessory Maker
To avoid stuck joints, let the Apollo and atomizer heat up together in the stand, then the PTFE joint seal will be fully expanded before putting it in to your water tools joint. No need to push it in, just let it rest in the joint under its own weight, makes a perfect seal.
That's hilarious ... I was just catching up on my reading a little ... and was going to post exactly this as that's what I did right off the bat (seeing the loose fit when cool and reading about the expansion when hot + not wanting to leave it in my little bubbler making it tippy I just naturally did it this way).

I've used my Sublimator twice so far and am trying to get the heat right ... first time little too cool ... 2nd time little too hot I think ... hopefully it's dialed in just right now.

@Enrico: my screen doesn't come out like yours does in the videos. It's a nice snug fit down in the cone/chamber (goes down a 1/4-1/2" into the shaft and seems mostly solid down there ... can push it out from the other side with a wooden stick) Is this how it's supposed to be? Am I supposed to be pushing it down a little ways into the cylindrical area where it looks like there is a 'seat'/ring for it.

After hitting it twice ... might be that I had only vaped once so far today but I don't think so ... I think it hits harder than my other vapes (I feel it in my eyes which is REALLY unusual for me). The true test for me with the Sublimator will be how it feels after a week or two in comparison with my other vaporizers ... I often find changing it up with slightly different intake methods for vapor help with tolerance build up ... for instance Cloud vs MiniVAP vs Portable.

I don't think the way the hit feels just has to do with vaping temperatures as I find that when I combust it doesn't get me anymore "high" than vaping and that would be high temperature. Similarly I can go higher on my Cloud or MiniVAP but don't find that changes the intensity of the hit very much just the effect somewhat. It seems the Sublimator is hitting with more intensity than any of my other vapes (actually feels like it's hitting harder than a dab right now considering I've only maybe vaped .3-.4 in it so far in 2 sessions)

Another question for you Enrico, how much should I put in per load? I've been putting maybe .15-.2 as that's my average load ... as well, when I first put the herb into the cone vapor starts coming off of it so I don't have enough time to stir it out evenly ... should I be letting the cone get that hot? Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!! Truly awesome product Enrico! I love the craftsmanship of it ... looks/feels really nice! (don't particularly like the heat controller ... wish there were markings of some sort ... however, maybe I'll just add my own :) ... minor details :))

luchiano

Concentrates are kind of insane. No water and it's still really smooth. It's hitting me harder than a nail. My eyelids are so heavy.
Glad you like your sublimator, just take it easy because it sounds like you are getting a lot of cbn. That's why it is "hitting you harder" then a dab. When you pile up your body full of cbn, you will feel lazy after a while, and the high becomes lethargic. It will take a few days to wear off, so try to keep your hits low because the more cbn your body gets into to it, the longer it takes to get out of that slump. You might not notice it at first, but as soon as you need to do something that requires energy, you will see what I mean. I speak from experience.

Tweek

@Enrico: my screen doesn't come out like yours does in the videos. It's a nice snug fit down in the cone/chamber (goes down a 1/4-1/2" into the shaft and seems mostly solid down there ... can push it out from the other side with a wooden stick) Is this how it's supposed to be? Am I supposed to be pushing it down a little ways into the cylindrical area where it looks like there is a 'seat'/ring for it.

My screen is loose and comes out every time I dump it out. I do recall mention of a semi-permanent screen...

green2brown

Glad you like your sublimator, just take it easy because it sounds like you are getting a lot of cbn. That's why it is "hitting you harder" then a dab. When you pile up your body full of cbn, you will feel lazy after a while, and the high becomes lethargic. It will take a few days to wear off, so try to keep your hits low because the more cbn your body gets into to it, the longer it takes to get out of that slump. You might not notice it at first, but as soon as you need to do something that requires energy, you will see what I mean. I speak from experience.

Doesn't feel like CBN. Just feels like I'm getting more from my meds. The level of high I got from the dab was greater than what I would get from the same amount on a nail. If I took a bigger dab with a nail then I could achieve an equal high. It's now been an hour and a half and I'm still good and medicated. With a nail, I'd be coming down at this point.

JCat

Accessory Maker
My screen is loose and comes out every time I dump it out. I do recall mention of a semi-permanent screen...
So where in the chamber does it fit? Does it go down below the top rim in the cone to the second rim below? Or does it sit on top of the top one ...

Thanks Tweek!

JCat,

green2brown

So where in the chamber does it fit? Does it go down below the top rim in the cone to the second rim below? Or does it sit on top of the top one ...

Mine is stuck down and has yet to come out. I think it's supposed to stay put and then you poke it out whenever you want to clean it.

green2brown,
Reactions: VaporEyes

Tweek

Thanks Tweek!

Mine has been sitting on the top rim , just above the second chamber. Maybe I have the model before they designed a lock in screen? Either that or I'm just really baked and don't see it. :smug:

JCat

Accessory Maker
Wow! Just did a "dab" of some really nice wax in one of the air holes ... wow ... that's by far the best concentrate vaporizing experience I've had to date. Simply outstanding :ko:

Edit:

Mine has been sitting on the top rim , just above the second chamber. Maybe I have the model before they designed a lock in screen? Either that or I'm just really baked and don't see it. :smug:

Maybe try to see if it fits down a little further? (Is it "just" sitting on the top rim or does it cover it well). Mine's pretty snug and you have to push it out from the back side to get it out.

luchiano

Doesn't feel like CBN. Just feels like I'm getting more from my meds. The level of high I got from the dab was greater than what I would get from the same amount on a nail. If I took a bigger dab with a nail then I could achieve an equal high. It's now been an hour and a half and I'm still good and medicated. With a nail, I'd be coming down at this point.
That it was cbn does, it prolongs the high, as well as make you feel heavy. I'm not arguing, just trying to look out for you.

This is why I fell in love with vaping. It allowed me to be as accurate as I can be with my boiling of actives, which meant very little degradation, which meant more energy for my workouts, and keeping my body from being sluggish. This sluggishness causes a lot of problems in the long run.. Anyway, enjoy your purchase.

luchiano,
Reactions: vakedcow

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer
I edited my photo... this is rough and not at all to scale, just wanted to put the idea out there.

5dJVAuA.jpg

or you could try at an angle to put more space from the carb and the Sub

3LSXScg.jpg

shipping update: Item has left Canada :)
hmmm, a center post will have trouble with space clearance against stemless tubes, same with the angled out one. What if we put the carb joint higher so it will be above the Apollo?

Thanks Tweek!
The screen on ours which was installed by Enrico is down below the first rim. Push the screen down all the way.

That was it was cbn does, it prolongs the high, as well as make you feel heavy. I'm not arguing, just trying to look out for you.

This is why I fell in love with vaping. It allowed me to be as accurate as I can be with my boiling of actives, which meant very little degradation, which meant more energy for my workouts, and keeping my body from being sluggish. This sluggishness causes a lot of problems in the long run.. Anyway, enjoy your purchase.
Everyone is different and can react to anything in different ways, maybe you felt sluggish and others don't. Enrico uses the Sublimator more than anyone and he has so much energy, we are envious.

Top Bottom