Discontinued The Splinter by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixstringsmash

Did you guys get a tracking email or did it just turn up on your door step?

Just showed up. A pleasant surprise.

This scares me. My apartment complex has a notorious package thief where I have already had a few packages stolen from me over the past year. Now if I don't know when it's coming I'm going to have to check the package room every day just in case. Or maybe it already arrived and has been stolen already! Probably not, but dunno :shrug: A tracking email would be nice....

hippogriff

Somehow after the first use yesterday I was incapable of taking pictures or writing sentences. :ko: Sorry no pictures yet, but I can answer one very important question:

Is the Splinter an easier-to-use Milaana? Yes, massively.

I'm mostly a low-temp vaper and I don't know how great my Milaana technique might be, but I tend to overuse the battery w longer sessions and switch out batteries after only 3 bowls (I'm sure I could do more w/ a greater attention span). I rotate to manage the hot spot but only stir if I'm going for higher temp extraction.

The Splinter makes my technique effortless. eVic Mini 75w box set to 22.2w, 4 second preheat, draw with whatever speed I want (no coil vape can do this as easily as the RBT heater) for as long as I want - great flavor, strong and powerful effects, sipping on battery (3 bowls took ~1/3 of capacity), no hotspots. Technique (and hotspot management) comes more into play for hotter/faster extracting (need a quick ramp up to a fast draw) but I'm already right where I want to be (and in an easy place to share w/ the unskilled at holiday parties).

PLUS a battery indicator and on-board charger, what more do I need? To disable the 10sec shuttof, mostly.

This's just a great vape, a Zion for the rest of us.

SpudBob

Somehow after the first use yesterday I was incapable of taking pictures or writing sentences. :ko: Sorry no pictures yet, but I can answer one very important question:

Is the Splinter an easier-to-use Milaana? Yes, massively.

I'm mostly a low-temp vaper and I don't know how great my Milaana technique might be, but I tend to overuse the battery w longer sessions and switch out batteries after only 3 bowls (I'm sure I could do more w/ a greater attention span). I rotate to manage the hot spot but only stir if I'm going for higher temp extraction.

The Splinter makes my technique effortless. eVic Mini 75w box set to 22.2w, 4 second preheat, draw with whatever speed I want (no coil vape can do this as easily as the RBT heater) for as long as I want - great flavor, strong and powerful effects, sipping on battery (3 bowls took ~1/3 of capacity), no hotspots. Technique (and hotspot management) comes more into play for hotter/faster extracting (need a quick ramp up to a fast draw) but I'm already right where I want to be (and in an easy place to share w/ the unskilled at holiday parties).

PLUS a battery indicator and on-board charger, what more do I need? To disable the 10sec shuttof, mostly.

This's just a great vape, a Zion for the rest of us.
Hows the vapor heat compared to the Milaana. Are you using the short stem or a longer Milaana one. Just wondering as the Milaana, for me, with the short stem can be a bit hot.

SpudBob,
Reactions: KeroZen

hippogriff

Hows the vapor heat compared to the Milaana. Are you using the short stem or a longer Milaana one. Just wondering as the Milaana, for me, with the short stem can be a bit hot.
Short stem - a 18-14mm reducer I use w my Milaana - so heat could still be an issue, but w/o fear of overshooting my low-temp goal, it just feels warm and flavor is enhanced. I have a Milaana cooling wand from vapefiend working it's way across an ocean and a continent, I think that'll make the Splinter a fast-extracting monster.

slatihe

Hmmm... wonder when mines going to come in.

Pretty exciting.... but still sad about TOD, though. Lol

slatihe,

AJS

Calm Consistency
The Splinter makes my technique effortless. eVic Mini 75w box set to 22.2w, 4 second preheat,
Sounds almost identical. I'm always at 22-23 for the lower temps. 4-6 second preheat is perfect. Vapor is warm like tea.

Pretty exciting.... but still sad about TOD, though. Lol
The power behind the Splinter is unmatched I think with the potential from the mod. Just crank that mod to 40W and pull nearly as hard as you can. At 35 W my heater turned red within 7 seconds or so of holding down the power. It's pretty intense man. And the metered airflow really makes it hard to overpower.

squidmark

The power behind the Splinter is unmatched I think with the potential from the mod. Just crank that mod to 40W and pull nearly as hard as you can. At 35 W my heater turned red within 7 seconds or so of holding down the power. It's pretty intense man. And the metered airflow really makes it hard to overpower.

Mine arrived today and I couldn't agree more. I've got it on a Vaporesso Revenger cranked up to 35 W and it's everything I was hoping for. Intense, flavorful on demand vapor :rockon: Also the power timer comes in really handy for timing your preheats. I'll give some more thoughts once I'm back on my feet :ko:. In the meantime check it out!

rlqepFW.jpg

AJS

Calm Consistency
@squidmark, that's a nice looking mod.

@AJS You preheat every new bowl from 4 - 6 secs?

And good vid. Thanks!
New bowl from a cold start I'll do like 6 seconds on the trigger, let go, press again to restart timer and start drawing. On subsequent hits I might just do a few seconds. Depends how long it's been and what my wattage is at. Just old habits from Milaana.
Mine arrived today and I couldn't agree more. I've got it on a Vaporesso Revenger cranked up to 35 W and it's everything I was hoping for. Intense, flavorful on demand vapor :rockon: Also the power timer comes in really handy for timing your preheats. I'll give some more thoughts once I'm back on my feet :ko:. In the meantime check it out!

rlqepFW.jpg
Holy fck that mod looks sick. Goddammit I never cared about mods but it seems like I might need to start. Lol. Damn you. Glad you're enjoying it!! Lemme know how your temp control goes.
______
@hippogriff copying you right now and sittin out front with a 22.2 W bowl packed up and feeling quite fine. You might be onto something! Diggin the black on black stem.
Ph18RlR.jpg

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
What profile did you try?

For the iHeat I can use the stock SS316 profile, but for the Project I have to enter a custom TCR value of 180 (or 0.00180 depending on the unit the mod uses) Somewhere between 170 and 190 should be a safe value to test. Start at a low 160°C temperature on screen and work your way up.

But first, do you confirm that it manages to regulate? Do you get the "protection" message on screen when you hold the trigger without drawing?

KeroZen,

AJS

Calm Consistency
What profile did you try?

For the iHeat I can use the stock SS316 profile, but for the Project I have to enter a custom TCR value of 180 (or 0.00180 depending on the unit the mod uses) Somewhere between 170 and 190 should be a safe value to test. Start at a low 160°C temperature on screen and work your way up.

But first, do you confirm that it manages to regulate? Do you get the "protection" message on screen when you hold the trigger without drawing?
Idk profiles or anything ... I just turn my vape on, switch it to temp SS and go for it. I've gotten vapor at 490 or so. And yes I get protection.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Look up your user manual to find the button press combo allowing you to change the M1 value and set it to 180. Then instead of selecting SS TC you select M1 TC (AKA TCR) Then start from a lower temp, might work.
Was at 120. Just changed to 180. Will test later when I vape. Ty :).

If this is too hot or too cold should I adjust that 180 or is that like a standard number for this?

All just checked my wismec firmware on my jaybo rx200 and it looks like it's the most recent firmware with the updated temp control so that's good I guess! Haha

@oddjobold i know you mentioned the tubo software was available for the wismec rx200. I have that but it's in my jaybo mod I think they go hand in hand? I think one is like an offbrand but they use same firmware so maybe I can?

Update: just tried tc mode after the tweak and it's awesome. Tons of fun. 370 was great hits and 400 helped finish it off.

Now to find out if it's possible to turn off the auto 10 second shutoff! Most likely I'll have to keep retapping the trigger every 9 seconds. Oh well. Glad TC is working. Had some weird "atomizer too low" thing flash once and I had to turn it off and on again and it worked fine.

Last edited:

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Was at 120. Just changed to 180. Will test later when I vape. Ty :).

If this is too hot or too cold should I adjust that 180 or is that like a standard number for this?

All just checked my wismec firmware on my jaybo rx200 and it looks like it's the most recent firmware with the updated temp control so that's good I guess! Haha

@oddjobold i know you mentioned the tubo software was available for the wismec rx200. I have that but it's in my jaybo mod I think they go hand in hand? I think one is like an offbrand but they use same firmware so maybe I can?

Its a bit risky - i dont know what would happen. But try at your own risk. Each mod has its own updating software which is on its website.

Does jaybo have one?

If not can u use the wismec rx200 one?

Dont know. Google is your friend here.

Firmware file is available from lamat. Google "lamat" and "tubo" his site will come up.

Will solve your 10 sec timeout. With cruise mode you can double tap and mod will be on for minutes at a time.

hippogriff

Between testing - cough - and holiday stuff I keep finding myself unable to post pics and deeper impressions, but want to report the Splinter plus the vapefiend waterless cooling wand is indeed a monster, managed full, flavorful extraction in two draws w/ profound effects.

@KeroZen I've just been 110% satisfied that everything works w/ the basic settings, but yes, I love this settup so much I'll be trying TC soon.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Yes if your mod has TC, don't be lazy it's really worth testing and not as complicated as it sounds. It can just be a bit finicky to get it consistent and glitch-free, but in all cases it's an improvement over VW: harder to char and you can't combust by accident anymore (unless you bump the temperature too high of course)

But disregard the temperature value displayed on screen, it will be largely offset from the reality. Start low and find your sweet spot where you get good vapor but no center dark spot in the load. Then in TC mode you can also set a power value, it sets how many watts max are used during the heatup phase (i.e. how fast from cold it will reach the set temperature) and also sets how much the heater can cope with a hard draw (you'll need more watts if you use water tools and are an elephant)

I set mine between 25W and 30W, doesn't get me instant heatup (rather 2 seconds) but easier on the cells and gets me more bowls per charge. In the Tubo this value is set to 70W by default, which is A LOT of power already, you shouldn't have to go any higher.

For the 10sec time-out with ArticFox you can raise the value to 15sec. myevic and tuboevic can go higher I think, but 15 is good already. Otherwise yeah, release and re-trigger, works but slightly annoying I must agree...

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Its a bit risky - i dont know what would happen. But try at your own risk. Each mod has its own updating software which is on its website.

Does jaybo have one?

If not can u use the wismec rx200 one?

Dont know. Google is your friend here.

Firmware file is available from lamat. Google "lamat" and "tubo" his site will come up.

Will solve your 10 sec timeout. With cruise mode you can double tap and mod will be on for minutes at a time.

@AJS done some research and i think the jaybo thing is basically a red herring and you have a wismec. Can you see a model number anywhere? Inside the battery compartment or on the bottom?

Edit: does your mod have the larger screen? If so i think you have a rx200s. Updating software found here:

http://www.wismec.com/software/wismec-tc-software-for-upgrading-reuleaux-rx200s/

Download this and delete the firmware included.

Funky junkys firmware is here:

http://tubo.lamart.ch.

Just connect your mod via us to a pc run the updating software. It should autodetect and find your current firmware. Then update and select the tubo software.

You need to double check you have a rx200s. Rx200 is not upgradeable.

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
@AJS done some research and i think the jaybo thing is basically a red herring and you have a wismec. Can you see a model number anywhere? Inside the battery compartment or on the bottom?

Edit: does your mod have the larger screen? If so i think you have a rx200s. Updating software found here:

http://www.wismec.com/software/wismec-tc-software-for-upgrading-reuleaux-rx200s/

Download this and delete the firmware included.

Funky junkys firmware is here:

http://tubo.lamart.ch.

Just connect your mod via us to a pc run the updating software. It should autodetect and find your current firmware. Then update and select the tubo software.

You need to double check you have a rx200s. Rx200 is not upgradeable.
I have the rx200, so that's unfortunate. Thanks a lot for the help though! I got this one for free so maybe I'll try to find one to buy. Maybe just the eVic-VTC Mini..? I know nothing of E-Cigs like many of us here unfortunately...but that one seems to be the way to go.

AJS,
Reactions: BigJr48
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom