Discontinued The Splinter by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I can see not being in on this is gonna be a bummer. :( Time to go hit Ceres...

Eis8WbT.jpg

Last edited:

rosedale

This thread just made me imagine a long LSV wand with this little puppy. I miss that wand. Anyway, while it will look really funny, it would be great for home use.

I have one and it doesn’t work in my Mi or my Zion (the female joint is too shallow) so I’m guessing it doesn’t work in the Splinter.

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
I have one and it doesn’t work in my Mi or my Zion (the female joint is too shallow) so I’m guessing it doesn’t work in the Splinter.
Yep mostly all elev8 glass is 26mm so you need to use an O ring to squish in there or cut the joint down. However I do have one beastly long piece I got from them that fits. I can confirm it looks really funny but is great for home use.

Last edited:

buddingglasshead

After missing out on the Zion in the classifieds, I signed up the Splinter waiting list. I plan on pairing it with a TC200W since the FW is flashable and it's a decently cheap option. Holds 3 18650s as well, so should last forever. :rolleyes: Definitely open to other options though, it seems hard to beat for around 30 bucks.

I never thought I would have VAS with my first real vape (purchased by me) being the Showerhead FP, but the Mi definitely gave it to me. At least for RBT products! I bought the Mi simply because I have a trip coming up and needed a portable device, but is definitely part of the every day rotation now. Absolutely love it and very excited to pick up the Splinter. (and hopefully a Zion some day)

AJS

Calm Consistency
Brother got me a mod for Christmas! Weismec 2/3, pretty awesome! Can switch the backends to switch between 2 or 3 batteries depending on what's needed at the time. 3 batteries when going out for longer, 2 for around the house.

Already seeing improvements from my last mod. I had a hand me down mod from my bro and it was old, dropped, torn, beaten, and known to misfire.

The temp control on this newer mod seems more stable, more even abv and should be upgradeable. Only done 1 bowl but having a proper mod really turned this thing into a beast. Had a nice sesh halfway through the movie Oldboy. Damn that movie is F'd up but really amazing.

Super excited to test more with this mod. The display is sexy too!
yozt4Mc.jpg

supershredderdan

Manufacturer
Brother got me a mod for Christmas! Weismec 2/3, pretty awesome! Can switch the backends to switch between 2 or 3 batteries depending on what's needed at the time. 3 batteries when going out for longer, 2 for around the house.

Already seeing improvements from my last mod. I had a hand me down mod from my bro and it was old, dropped, torn, beaten, and known to misfire.

The temp control on this newer mod seems more stable, more even abv and should be upgradeable. Only done 1 bowl but having a proper mod really turned this thing into a beast. Had a nice sesh halfway through the movie Oldboy. Damn that movie is F'd up but really amazing.

Super excited to test more with this mod. The display is sexy too!
yozt4Mc.jpg
I have the same mod! What settings are you using in TC?

supershredderdan,
Reactions: BigJr48

sickmanfraud

The mod you got is compatible with the firmware from the Tubo Evic, TuboX, and TuboDual. This firmware has a lot of refinements over the original firmware. It is available here http://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/category&path=72

One of the Best features is cruise control which allows users to use the device for a set amount of time at a set temperature. @funkyjunky even added the ability to adjust the temperature up or down mid-cruise.

The mod and box you have, seems unwieldy to try and use with a water piece. The TuboX is a mod that is in two pieces so the box and 510 connection are connected to the 18 mm heating chamber via a cable so the weight is not on the water piece. http://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/product&path=68_75&product_id=274

Seasonal salutations to one and all.

Last edited:

hippogriff

This thread just made me imagine a long LSV wand with this little puppy. I miss that wand. Anyway, while it will look really funny, it would be great for home use.
There’s an RBT-specific option that’s more compact, sold as the Milaana Cooling Mouthpiece by Vapefiend. Got mine in a week from Europe to California, it pairs perfectly w Splinter and Milaana, let’s me do crazy fast extraction at higher temps.

(Tangent for Milaana owners thinking of retiring their Mi after getting a Splinter: I was thinking the same thing, but just before I knew Splinter was shipping, I’d ordered a power adapter from @Alan. Th Mi/power adapter/Vapefiend mouthpiece combo makes an insane instant desktop - thick flavorful rips from the very first draw, very happy)

AJS

Calm Consistency
when I try to download with 7 zip it say "cannot open file" :(

edit:
Joyetech updater & TUBO logo
tubo-joyetechupdater.zip
- includes windows and macosx applications to perform the update. (only compatible with the evic vtwo mini, updater available on joyetech.com for other models or use NFirmwareEditor)

^^ This downloads though but says it's only for Evic VTwo Mini...so idk

Last edited:
AJS,

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
when I try to download with 7 zip it say "cannot open file" :(

edit:
Joyetech updater & TUBO logo
tubo-joyetechupdater.zip
- includes windows and macosx applications to perform the update. (only compatible with the evic vtwo mini, updater available on joyetech.com for other models or use NFirmwareEditor)

^^ This downloads though but says it's only for Evic VTwo Mini...so idk

http://www.wismec.com/software/wismec-tc-software-for-upgrading-reuleaux-rx23/

You need to use this updater. But the firmware file from lamart. Any problem let me know.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Can't edit, sorry guys for double post but had to update you all.

Finally figured out how to calibrate the coil tcr to match what seems to be a pretty accurate temp .... and holy fucking shit cruise mode is the bomb.

As a little reminder, my old mod was some hand me down old shit that was half broken and misfired with a 10 second cutoff.

New mod is a pretty recent mod compared to the old one with the FJ cruise mode update.

At first 390 glowed red hot but I made a few adjustments and all is well.

Set the temp to 360. Clicked my heels 2 times (actually the fire button) and waited 15 seconds or so before drawing. Didn't even realize I was getting vapor it was so smooth and I was vaping outside at night and couldn't see. Eventually I had to go in my car and exhale into the light to make sure, but nice clouds were there. Flavor amazing. Smoothness amazing.

It was a very little amount, probably .04 or so. Got a few hits on 360 and it went to a light yellow. Temp stepped by 10 degrees up to 400 eventually. Again I had to double check I was getting vapor because I'm used to the shitty rise and fall of my other mod, you really feel the heat on that one.

The temp control and constantly on unit makes the vapor production incredibly fucking consistent. Every hit is the exact same. With the Zion, even tho you can stay the same temp on the dial, preheat makes a difference, heat soaking, etc. With the splinter, the unit is just always the same.

I changed the auto shutoff to 3 minutes juuuuuust in case I forget or .. idk. Just in case of anything.

After 5 minutes or so of the unit never being turned off, both the mod and the Splinter were only mildly warm. Nothing at all that would ever concern me. My greatest concern before getting the cruise mode was that it would make my Splinter too hot and it's just completely not the case.

Abv came out very good. The consistent heating is a huge factor in my abv, considering my old mod would hotspot pretty hard down 1 side of the bowl. Not anymore .. now it's just great.

So so so fucking fun, such a joy just setting the temp and forgetting. Attach it to a bubbler or a whip and you basically have a home unit set and forget vape in the palm of your hand with instant heatup time. So excited. @funkyjunky you are the man. Thanks so much all the help!

Edit:
KFf7zSt.jpg

45aKUfV.jpg

First pic is in standby, second pic is when activating cruise mode.
The cruise bar shows how much of your pre-set time is used up. It shows you set temp (360) and the amount of power and current temp are constantly changing to keep the desired set temp. As you can see here the W is at 2.3 and temp is 367. Sometimes it'll jump to 14w or whatever it wants, temp will sometimes go as high as around 375, but the temperature always feels very consistent. It'll only flash to those higher temp for half a second so doesn't actually affect the current temp of the heater it seems...just helps keep it constant.

As you can see it also shows the percentage of battery life left. Currently charging it on a USB from my computer and it also shows the percentage going up with a little battery animation. Not sure how accurate the percentages are while draining but I'll know eventually when it dies on me..hopefully at 0%.

Last edited:

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong

OT
Can’t you really edit or do not want to edit?
I am curious as it happens to read “sorry, to late to edit/can’t edit...” and I was having the impression there was a sort of timeout but recently I was able to edit some very old post (more than 24hrs), hence my question: is there an “edit timeout line” and how long does the edit window really stays open?

Andreaerdna,

AJS

Calm Consistency
OT
Can’t you really edit or do not want to edit?
I am curious as it happens to read “sorry, to late to edit/can’t edit...” and I was having the impression there was a sort of timeout but recently I was able to edit some very old post (more than 24hrs), hence my question: is there an “edit timeout line” and how long does the edit window really stays open?
my "sorry I can't edit" was related to my previous post. That one wouldn't let me edit. It had timed out. That's odd ... I've never been able to edit anything over I think 8 hours? Maybe a tad longer or a tad shorter, but that seems to be about right for my cutoff.

I could edit this one thought because I only posted it like an hour ago :)

oddjobold

Vape swap shop

Finally figured out how to calibrate the coil tcr to match what seems to be a pretty accurate temp .... and holy fucking shit cruise mode is the bomb.

As a little reminder, my old mod was some hand me down old shit that was half broken and misfired with a 10 second cutoff.

New mod is a pretty recent mod compared to the old one with the FJ cruise mode update.

At first 390 glowed red hot but I made a few adjustments and all is well.

Set the temp to 360. Clicked my heels 2 times (actually the fire button) and waited 15 seconds or so before drawing. Didn't even realize I was getting vapor it was so smooth and I was vaping outside at night and couldn't see. Eventually I had to go in my car and exhale into the light to make sure, but nice clouds were there. Flavor amazing. Smoothness amazing.

It was a very little amount, probably .04 or so. Got a few hits on 360 and it went to a light yellow. Temp stepped by 10 degrees up to 400 eventually. Again I had to double check I was getting vapor because I'm used to the shitty rise and fall of my other mod, you really feel the heat on that one.

The temp control and constantly on unit makes the vapor production incredibly fucking consistent. Every hit is the exact same. With the Zion, even tho you can stay the same temp on the dial, preheat makes a difference, heat soaking, etc. With the splinter, the unit is just always the same.

I changed the auto shutoff to 3 minutes juuuuuust in case I forget or .. idk. Just in case of anything.

After 5 minutes or so of the unit never being turned off, both the mod and the Splinter were only mildly warm. Nothing at all that would ever concern me. My greatest concern before getting the cruise mode was that it would make my Splinter too hot and it's just completely not the case.

Abv came out very good. The consistent heating is a huge factor in my abv, considering my old mod would hotspot pretty hard down 1 side of the bowl. Not anymore .. now it's just great.

So so so fucking fun, such a joy just setting the temp and forgetting. Attach it to a bubbler or a whip and you basically have a home unit set and forget vape in the palm of your hand with instant heatup time. So excited. @funkyjunky you are the man. Thanks so much all the help!

Edit:
KFf7zSt.jpg

45aKUfV.jpg

First pic is in standby, second pic is when activating cruise mode.
The cruise bar shows how much of your pre-set time is used up. It shows you set temp (360) and the amount of power and current temp are constantly changing to keep the desired set temp. As you can see here the W is at 2.3 and temp is 367. Sometimes it'll jump to 14w or whatever it wants, temp will sometimes go as high as around 375, but the temperature always feels very consistent. It'll only flash to those higher temp for half a second so doesn't actually affect the current temp of the heater it seems...just helps keep it constant.

As you can see it also shows the percentage of battery life left. Currently charging it on a USB from my computer and it also shows the percentage going up with a little battery animation. Not sure how accurate the percentages are while draining but I'll know eventually when it dies on me..hopefully at 0%.

What coil resistance u using?

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
my "sorry I can't edit" was related to my previous post. That one wouldn't let me edit. It had timed out. That's odd ... I've never been able to edit anything over I think 8 hours? Maybe a tad longer or a tad shorter, but that seems to be about right for my cutoff.

I could edit this one thought because I only posted it like an hour ago :)

Exactly, I was recalling a edit timeout of 6hrs but I was way out of this window when I edited the post I am talking about... nevermind, will ask a mod

Alegre

Pobre payaso
@AJS thanks for the vid and post man......got in line for one of these!

Do you know by any chance of ddave reducer and 14mm stems would work? I microdose.

I have some reading to do, I don't know shit about these mods so I figure I can catch up and buy what I need before my number comes up.

Alegre,
Reactions: BigJr48

AJS

Calm Consistency
What coil resistance u using?
I set it to .235 but the interface shows .251.

@AJS thanks for the vid and post man......got in line for one of these!

Do you know by any chance of ddave reducer and 14mm stems would work? I microdose.

I have some reading to do, I don't know shit about these mods so I figure I can catch up and buy what I need before my number comes up.
No problem man!

Absolutely no reason it shouldn't work.

sickmanfraud

2 click cruise on baby. I'll get a video of the interface soon!!

Edit:
https://instagram.com/p/BdJJBtsH5I2/

Here ya go guys! Vid cuts short but you get the gist!

@AJS, using a 2/3 mod do you need to keep a separate "pair" for using 2 batteries AND grouping of 3 for use with 3 battery mode? maybe this question will help clarify...do you need 5 batteries just for the ability to use that mod in both configurations?

AJS

Calm Consistency
@AJS, using a 2/3 mod do you need to keep a separate "pair" for using 2 batteries AND grouping of 3 for use with 3 battery mode? maybe this question will help clarify...do you need 5 batteries just for the ability to use that mod in both configurations?
Maybe technically if you want everything perfect ... but I don't think I'll use the two way more to where the batteries will wear down that much faster. If anything I can just rotate them. No way in hell im using 5 batteries. Actually technically I could use my Zion pair for the 2 and my old box mod triple for the 3. Probably won't tho. I'll just rotate em. I'm no expert at all but that makes sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom