1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Splinter by RBT

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by RastaBuddhaTao, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Other Side

Other Side Retailer

Yes 18mm (19mm rounded up)

BigJr48 and Andreaerdna like this.
  2. AJS

AJS Calm Consistency

[​IMG]
    The absolute perfect microdose Wattage for me.
    With a few second preheat the first few hits are super flavorful and very cool. Hold it down a few seconds longer and it hits a little higher of a temp for medium temp vaping. Little bit longer and it'll finish a bowl without problems. Sometimes I'll bump to 30.

When going through water, sometimes I only have 45 seconds to vape before a game starts. So I'll run to my room, shove some herb into the 14 m2m, throw on 29-30 W, preheat 5-7 seconds or so in cruise when I'm packing stem, throw her on and rip. Instant thick milks that don't stop til I let off or the little bowl is done. 1 fat hit is good for me and a bowl can last for 2-3 hits.

3. kuzko

kuzko Well-Known Member

What mod is that?

BigJr48 and little maggie like this.
  4. AJS

AJS Calm Consistency

Weismec rx 2/3. I've talked about it a bit in other posts if you wanna know more! Just glance back a page or a few.
    ________

Gunna try to get a massive milk shot for you guys tonight. Had some more practice and am going to try to break some records. Stay tuned.

Normally I do 1 milk shot cuz it's under 1 minute and easier to upload to IG over YouTube. If you guys want something longer lemme know and I'll do a YouTube vid instead.

btka, IAmKrazy2 and BigJr48 like this.
  5. oneizm

oneizm Active Member

Hey, I've seen you all over the forums for years. I'm number 97 and I just got a milaana last week. I've been liking it well enough but it just isn't quite perfect. Managing the battery and having to keep my technique consistent for results are actually my biggest complaints. Do you find the splinter to take away some of the guess work? Would you recommend it to someone who's already got a milaana, grasshoppers, vapcaps, Woodscents, and a firewood? I keep talking myself out of it and just need the opinion of someone who's tried a good number of vapes.

AJS and BigJr48 like this.
  6. KeroZen

KeroZen Chronic vapaholic

A Splinter in power mode is similar to a Zion. A Splinter in TC mode would even surpass a Zion, it completely removes any need for technique and should prevent any risk of combustion, unless that's what you want, but fuck that!

In all cases the mod handles everything battery-wise: under-voltage, over-discharge, over-current, reverse-polarity protections, as well as charging...

Really, can't be any simpler. Set power or temperature and ride until it's done.

Zow237, DirtyD, btka and 9 others like this.
  7. BigJr48

BigJr48 Well-Known Member

I see you only keep it on wattage mode, have you tried using temp mode?

8. AJS

AJS Calm Consistency

ha cool man thanks for the recognition, haha!

Hey man, I have 2 friends with Milaanas that both prefer my Splinter now after using it, if that helps. I have a Grasshopper and an M and haven't used em once since getting the Splinter. The GH will stick around because it fits its niche of that perfect stealthy vaporizer, but when given the option I prefer the splinter. I can't compared to the FW4 but from what I've read the Splinter might be easier to get bigger clouds. When it comes to log vapes, I really love them but if you need a portable to accompany it you can't go wrong with a Splinter.
    When it comes to being easier than a Milaana, I'll direct you to another post that may help clear it up...

I only use W when I'm using the 14mm reducer, seems to work much better.
    TC for everything else. I just went through a long period of only using the 14mm reducer so that's all you saw haha.

9. ZC

ZC Well-Known Member

Got my address confirmation email, hopefully this means its coming soon!

10. AJS

AJS Calm Consistency

Alright guys. I had vapor coming out my ears and my heart almost stopped but I took the sacrifice for you all. Massive bubbler rip on 435 TC cruise mode.
    https://instagram.com/p/Bd_utBAHQwe/

11. sickmanfraud

sickmanfraud Well-Known Member

Yes, 18 mm Arizer EQ whip.

Andreaerdna likes this.
  12. Rasputin

Rasputin A.K.A. Bobcat/Heyoka in some circles

Took one for the team!!! Love it. Jump on that grenade. Thanks for mod info for Splinter on IG the other day. I'm 200 something on the wait list. -Heyoka

AJS likes this.
  13. DirtyD

DirtyD Well-Known Member

I'm # 206. Wonder how long how long how long. Waiting very patiently, Cheers! D

14. IAmKrazy2

IAmKrazy2 Darth Vapor

Assumed my Joyetech Cuboid 150w didn't have temp control mode. Also, assumed if it did have temp control, it wouldn't make much of a difference in the performance of the Splinter... I was wrong on both accounts.

@RastaBuddhaTao wow Ryan. The Splinter is even easier to cruise with TC mode. Ideal for use through water. Huge hits, nothing is scorched. Just need to figure out how to turn off the 10sec timeout and i am in heaven.

I have barely experimented with TC and i am over the moon. The Splinter plus a 18mm male to male has become my new best friend for walk around the house vapor bong tokes.

Very impressed.

Cheers. A big bong toking cheers to all of you.

Summer, Alegre, TheRobbo and 6 others like this.
  15. stickstones

stickstones Vapor concierge

See if that mod will run the firmware for the Tubo. You can tweak the turn off time all they way up to 5 minutes.

Summer, grokit, Shit Snacks and 3 others like this.
  16. IAmKrazy2

IAmKrazy2 Darth Vapor

Interesting thought for further down the line. Getting a Tubo sometime soon and could maybe even do a blind Pepsi challenge. Would need someone to assist, but certainly a interesting idea.

Until i cross that bridge... i am blown away by Splinter + TC at the moment.

Alegre, grokit, vapen00b and 5 others like this.
  17. Lazy Lighting

Lazy Lighting Well-Known Member

Just ordered my mod....can't wait. Based on Ryan's email I am guessing sometime in February.

grokit and IAmKrazy2 like this.
  18. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy FUCK CANCER TOO !

Decided to give this box mod a shot...total noob with these things but this one was about 1/2 off ($62) and I wanted just a single cell unit to start out with, along with DNA chip set.

Also, it has some good reviews over the past 18 months or so, for whatever that may be worth from the various box mod guys and gals!?

https://www.vaporrange.com/HCigar-VT75-Color-DNA75-Mod-p/hcigar-vt75-color-mod.htm

Basically, just flying solo here along with many of my FC co-pilots! :rockon:

19. AJS

AJS Calm Consistency

vapen00b, grokit, Summer and 3 others like this.
  20. StonerSloth

StonerSloth cui bono?

Inspirational!

I "unfortunately" will need to try with my iHeat while I wait for Ryan to finish up with my Splinter. Poor me.

Easywider and AJS like this.
  21. Alegre

Alegre Pobre payaso

AJS likes this.
  22. AJS

AJS Calm Consistency

23. Alegre

Alegre Pobre payaso

@AJS That's exactly how I'm going to be using mine, reducer and 14mm.

Maybe I should pick up the same box mod you're using.

24. sickmanfraud

sickmanfraud Well-Known Member

Hogni, grokit, Alegre and 8 others like this.
  25. scion34

scion34 Well-Known Member

You can download ArcticFox to quite a few box mods if you don’t want to rely on @funkyjunky, it’ll let you increase the fire time to 15-20 seconds based on the mod

grokit, BigJr48 and KeroZen like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors