• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Splinter by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

little maggie

I should have a box mod by the time mine comes (hopefully next week) but reading about all these mods and temps and watts I wonder if this is going to be too complicated for me. At least without doing major research on box mods, their settings and how they work. The nice thing about the tubo is that there's nothing to do other than turn it on.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
I should have a box mod by the time mine comes (hopefully next week) but reading about all these mods and temps and watts I wonder if this is going to be too complicated for me. At least without doing major research on box mods, their settings and how they work. The nice thing about the tubo is that there's nothing to do other than turn it on.
I think you will do fine ...
Did you find the diy milaana thread and info ? you're welcome .

AJS

Calm Consistency
Basically you'll press the trigger 5 times to turn on. Screw in the Splinter. Start on 23-25 by pressing up or down, hold button and hit like a Milaana. If it's cold or hot, press up or down arrow to adjust.

hippogriff

To start, all you have to know is how to set power to 25watts, hold the button down to preheat, then draw - you adjust from there, it’s like a Milaana w a throttle, so you can find the heat-up speed that works for you.

The complexities you can add on top of that - Temperature Control mode where your mod tries to maintain a set temp when the button is pushed, or Cruise Mode where your mod just maintains a set temp till you tell it not to for even more instant sessions - are optional features. It won’t be long till you have it down.

little maggie

Thanks. I'd planned to get an evic since I'm familiar with them. The ones that use the tubo software are mostly unavailable- I think the models are too old. So I got the vtwo mini. I'm hoping that being familiar with it will make everything easier.
And thanks AJS for the help. I don't think I would have known that I need to turn the mod on before screwing in the splinter. I wonder if they come with basic instructions like that.
It looks like there some other threads that I've missed that will help.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Thanks. I'd planned to get an evic since I'm familiar with them. The ones that use the tubo software are mostly unavailable- I think the models are too old. So I got the vtwo mini. I'm hoping that being familiar with it will make everything easier.
And thanks AJS for the help. I don't think I would have known that I need to turn the mod on before screwing in the splinter. I wonder if they come with basic instructions like that.
It looks like there some other threads that I've missed that will help.
It wouldn't matter either way haha. You're over thinking it. Screw in turn on. Turn on screw in. Whatever you'd like lol

Alexis

Not the greatest vid but it's at least somethin for ya guys!
Hey thanks for the video! It looks and sounds from your bubbler, especially when you lift it to clear, that there is a 4 elements of draw restriction with this vape? Not as much as a wide open vapcap, but noticeably more than most desktops?

AJS

Calm Consistency
Hey thanks for the video! It looks and sounds from your bubbler, especially when you lift it to clear, that there is a 4 elements of draw restriction with this vape? Not as much as a wide open vapcap, but noticeably more than most desktops?
It's not very restrictive, better than the GH or Solo 2 or basically any vape I have, but worse than the Zion and Mi and LSV. Helps moderate the airflow for bigger hits.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Just did the powdering technique for one of my hits, where you load a large bowl, take a small hit just to get everything hot, dump the load out and crush the herb to a powder, re-load the stem, and take a massive rip. Let me tell you, that vapor was ridiculously thick. Not something I would do every sesh, but man that sure is intense.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
I've found this interesting tube mod by dicodes Mods. It has 25mm diameter. Would be a nice pairing with a Splinter in a darker exotic wood. It has only one accu but a 2700. That has 3650-4800 (!) mah.

ed35544c0e0316b9d7c094fa70b154ca.jpg

Last edited:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Does the Splinter really have 30mm diameter??
Regarding performance it shall even beat the DNA in TC mod. Watched some ytvids about. Pretty expensive (around 250 € in GER) but best processed too (real Made in Germany)
Paired with a new wooden enclosure with a nice wood and alu/ss rings by @phattpiggie it would be a nearly exclusive device as the Nomad by Dan.

Last edited:
Hogni,
Reactions: KeroZen

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Does the Splinter really have 30mm diameter??
Regarding performance it shall even beat the DNA in TC mod. Watched some ytvids about. Pretty expensive (around 250 € in GER) but best processed too (real Made in Germany)
Paired with a new wooden enclosure with a nice wood and alu/ss rings by @phattpiggie it would be a nearly exclusive device as the Nomad by Dan.

Mine is 28mm.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
In between my double posts up thread there was a post by "Fire Marshal Mike" that apparently was meant for another thread (DIY) so was removed. That lead to my double, sorry.

Anyway, I imagine with Splinter the number of bowls per battery or virtually any other measure of efficiency would be much more dependent on the mod you are using then the splinter itself. I get the impression that in the ecig world (not a player) the coils are actually a consumable. With the mesh heater in effect acting as the coil, does the battery become the only consumable with Splinter? Or am I misunderstanding something? (Forgive my noobishness)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom