Discontinued The Splinter by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

glenCOCO

Hey all... My name is Ryan and I am the new Customer Care Guy here at RBT. Cole up and got a degree and found real job (Congrats Cole)...so now you are stuck with me lol. I am happy to help anyone with anything so please email me at ryan@rastabuddhatao.com

This shall too pass

I gotta say, since Ryan has taken over CC, he has been kicking some major ass. Super responsive and awesome customer service! Keep up the good work, but don't burn yourself out! Sending good vibes your way!!

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
I gotta say, since Ryan has taken over CC, he has been kicking some major ass. Super responsive and awesome customer service! Keep up the good work, but don't burn yourself out! Sending good vibes your way!!

Thanks man... I am enjoying getting back in touch with the customers.

...a lot going on at RBT so I wanted to post the most recent newsletter here:

Greetings, I hope this email finds you safe and healthy ... calm cool and collected in this crazy time.

I would like to thank Cole for all his work handing Customer Service and shipping the first lot of Mi3 over the past six months. Congratulations to Cole in winning first place at the State College Business Competition as well as grabbing that Marketing degree! Cole has started a new job in the political world and working on a top secret campaign :) In the next few weeks order fulfillment will be transferred from Cole to Me. Moving forward I will be the point man for any customer service issue resolution and I am here and happy to help... but please be patient as we make the transition.

Please email me for anything at ryan@rastabuddhatao.com. I have started a Customer Care Log and every issue is being captured there until it is completed. Thanks to all for the patience over the past few months. Cole's work has allowed me to finalize the designs of the Seed, ZapCap, and ZipZap as well as start work with Futo on the new desktop and Mi3 / Splinter exotic. With these designs complete I am able to now completely dedicate my time to Customer Service. Moving forward no pre-orders will be done as they get complex, disorderly and delayed. We will be adding a form to sign-up for Advanced Notification and we will let these folks know first when the new designs are ready to ship. If it is a limited run and has a serial number as we did with Mi3 the order of distribution will be random. We have learned from the 'pre-order' days and I am happy to have gotten ahead of the curve enough to slow down to speed up :)

Other than missing a few orders and having some delays we shipped over 200 Mi3 to all you patient customers. As of today we have shipped up through the order date of 10/31/2019 (order number 4457) from the www store and will have the PayPal International orders shipped in the next two weeks. Units ordered after 10/31/2019 will be shipping in 3-5 weeks. We have confirmed the Mi3s are planned to ship from the factory next week and will take 2-3 weeks to arrive. The initial batch of units has has a high failure rate of the button so this may effect the shipment that is scheduled for next week. We will either be doing testing on the buttons so we can size up the problem. In the mean time I will test the few spare units that we have kept on-hand for issues likes these. I apologize for the delay as well as the issue with button failures. We have validated replacement buttons on-hand so if you experience any loss of power in your Mi3 suddenly... it's probably the button. The button defect is only present in about 2-4% of the units but it is better to resolve the issue at the source and contain the problem from spreading like a virus. This could simply be an anomaly that is batch contained rather than a continual problem. This is the first issue that we have with a button so we are confident that this is a situation that is contained and easily manageable. With all that said... Please email me if you are having trouble at ryan@rastabuddhatao.com.

In my time working with Cole I have been able to get his advice as a Marketing guy. RBT will take advantage of this down time to slowly retool the front end of the business which desperately needs some attention. I am really excited to get back in touch with all the people that have supported me over the years. We have a warranty and customer contact form being made for the www as well as revising the troubleshooting and FAQs on the web site. Please shoot me an email if you have any suggestions on how to improve the customer experience.

Lastly, RBT is honored to have been selected to be showcased by the Arcview group... the Shark Tank of the cannabis world. If nothing else this will but RBT in touch with a bunch of great contacts in the cannabis space and who knows... maybe Mark Cuban is in the market for a dry flower floral diffuser company? More than likely RBT will remain a one man show ... but ya never know.

Looking forward to a fun 04/20/2020! Stay lifted all.

Ryan

Like many, I have heard of how great the product is and I agree, got 3. And if anything went wrong They got back. Also, like many, I had the ghost MV1, the boundless tera, fury edge....nothing comes close to quality of vape and quality of service. I don't know about y'all but I prefer the hand made craft over the mass produced mediocrity.

Anything is resolved seamlessly. Thank you Ryan!

Rock on rastabuddhatao!

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Like many, I have heard of how great the product is and I agree, got 3. And if anything went wrong They got back. Also, like many, I had the ghost MV1, the boundless tera, fury edge....nothing comes close to quality of vape and quality of service. I don't know about y'all but I prefer the hand made craft over the mass produced mediocrity.

Anything is resolved seamlessly. Thank you Ryan!

Rock on rastabuddhatao!

Wow thanks man... I am rocking harder than ever lol.

Everyone that sent me an email should have a response from me ... and possibly tracking today. The www store is shut down while the inventory is transferred from Cole to myself. As soon as I have my hands on what folks need I am getting it out. Thanks to all for the patience and support while we make this transition.

If you need anything just shoot me an email at ryan@rastabuddhatao.com and I will add you to our Customer Care Log to ensure you get taken care of.

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
you guys see the DIY where you modify a basket screen to function as a lid of another basket screen? I like this design as it minimizes sold metal and maximizes screen area. If a good capsule does not exist one could be made. I personally like the basket screes that are standard now in that once a load gets deeper than it is wide the top herb takes the heat and the bottom herb is under vaped so requires more stirring. With the basket screen you can just "Hoover" up a load of ground herb quick.

The Splinter 2 design will use a pod system. It is hard to after market in a pod system as it plays an integral role in the vaporizing process so ideally it is designed in concert with the heater design. Splinter 2 is planning on using a new heater tech that is shown in the old provisional patent on the RBT www.

Big sale coming this weekend... details dropping soon.

entirely_foreign

you guys see the DIY where you modify a basket screen to function as a lid of another basket screen? I like this design as it minimizes sold metal and maximizes screen area. If a good capsule does not exist one could be made. I personally like the basket screes that are standard now in that once a load gets deeper than it is wide the top herb takes the heat and the bottom herb is under vaped so requires more stirring. With the basket screen you can just "Hoover" up a load of ground herb quick.

The Splinter 2 design will use a pod system. It is hard to after market in a pod system as it plays an integral role in the vaporizing process so ideally it is designed in concert with the heater design. Splinter 2 is planning on using a new heater tech that is shown in the old provisional patent on the RBT www.

Big sale coming this weekend... details dropping soon.

Have you seen it when people put a little herb into a basket and then insert a second basket into the first, squishing the herb between the two? I'd love to have a second, much shallower basket, that either acts as a cap to that first basket, or as a shallow micro dosing basket on its own. Hopefully that makes sense lol

SquirrelMaster

Last edited by a moderator:

Easywider

Simple is the way
The links for the DNA profiles are gone and FCShare hasn't responded to tell me why but I had downloaded the files before so here they are in case anyone needs them.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/ej8...fzxrxp,j8uhcauhsgxsr62,c8dlufy0lc4o8yu/shared
If anyone has the profiles for other mods can you send them to me and at least they'll be altogether for anyone that needs them?

Thanks for hosting! This should be stickied somewhere :tup:

I checked the Evolve forum member profile who created the FcShare file"Klipscher" ( aka Herbie ) the entire user history has been removed from 2018 until the present. I hope all is well in Herbie land, he sure helped a lot of members here.

dfiled

Thanks Herbie!

Is this the page with the latest ecigprofiles?

https://forum.evolvapor.com/files/file/567-fcshare/

Hi everyone, long-time lurker, first poster. I just got a splinter v2 and lost vape paranormal 166 with the DNA250 (not 250c) chip. I've been seeing the link above all over the interwebs but it's a dead link. Looking for a profile I can upload to escribe. Can anyone send me a live link?

Apologies if this has been covered before -- I didn't look at every post in the 200+ pages on this topic.

Last edited:
dfiled,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

SquirrelMaster

@dfiled
Three posts above I have a link with DNA profiles. I just clicked and it wasn't loading properly but I'll look back into it. If not I hosted them somewhere else in case and I'll add the links for them as well.

Here's the link http://www.mediafire.com/folder/8gf8016smqkby/Spinter_and_Splinter_Z_Profiles

I moved everything into a folder so the other link may not work. This has the DNAc profiles as well as the DNA profiles (thanks @bossman !). Also material files for Splinter, Splinter Z, Cool, Warm and Hot. I put to themes in there as well that I did not make but I've enjoyed using.

Last edited:

dfiled

Ok, that was really lazy of me. Thanks!!!

@dfiled
Three posts above I have a link with DNA profiles. I just clicked and it wasn't loading properly but I'll look back into it. If not I hosted them somewhere else in case and I'll add the links for them as well.

Here's the link http://www.mediafire.com/folder/8gf8016smqkby/Spinter_and_Splinter_Z_Profiles

I moved everything into a folder so the other link may not work. This has the DNAc profiles as well as the DNA profiles (thanks @bossman !). Also material files for Splinter, Splinter Z, Cool, Warm and Hot. I put to themes in there as well that I did not make but I've enjoyed using.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Hi all. Super noob post here. I won a Splinter V2 in one of Ryan’s live feed the other night. This is my first 510 vape and I’m very excited and thankful for Ryan’s generosity.

I’ve been out of the ecig game for years and when I went looking for a new box mod I got pretty confused. I’ve read through some of the thread and have seen a couple mods recommended but they seem like they are being phased out and hard to find?

I’d like the ability to run it in different modes to experiment but I don’t see myself loading different firmware purely due to my knowledge base.

I live in a pretty rural area and don’t have ecig stores near me and would like to order online. All the sites I keep stumbling into seem a little sketchy.

Can someone please recommend a reputable online store that sells a mod that would pair well with the Splinter?

Thanks in advance and I know this is a lame question for this thread so please dm me if it’s more appropriate.

androponic

vaped.
Hi all. Super noob post here. I won a Splinter V2 in one of Ryan’s live feed the other night. This is my first 510 vape and I’m very excited and thankful for Ryan’s generosity.

I’ve been out of the ecig game for years and when I went looking for a new box mod I got pretty confused. I’ve read through some of the thread and have seen a couple mods recommended but they seem like they are being phased out and hard to find?

I’d like the ability to run it in different modes to experiment but I don’t see myself loading different firmware purely due to my knowledge base.

I live in a pretty rural area and don’t have ecig stores near me and would like to order online. All the sites I keep stumbling into seem a little sketchy.

Can someone please recommend a reputable online store that sells a mod that would pair well with the Splinter?

Thanks in advance and I know this is a lame question for this thread so please dm me if it’s more appropriate.

i like the wismec rxgen3 dual. its very popular among 510 vapers. here is the link to the webstore of the manufacturer so no sketchy site.

https://store.wismec.com/rx-gen3-dual-kit.html

you will eventually want to load the mysirevic firmware on it but it is so easy to do and basically foolproof using the wismec loader from their site you just get the .bin file first. there are tutorials around for this. for less than 30 bucks on sale right now its a great dual battery mod.

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure

I second the recommendation from @androponic for the Wismec RX Gen3 Dual. The black colorway is my favorite but the purple brown is a good match for the blackwood Splinter V2.

I recommend LG HG2 cells from liionwholesale or illumn.com. Sony VTC5A or VTC6 or Samsung 30Q will also work well.

It's worth it to get the firmware updated for better TC performance but I encourage you to just use wattage mode (from around 28 to 38W) for a while to get used to it.

One thing to understand about TC mode is that it's only the mod config that is fiddly or confusing. Once the mod is flashed with myevic or Arctic Fox and the settings for the V2 have been inputted all you need to do is set the temp between 350 and 430° the way you would with any session vape. Wattage really is great though so there's no hurry.

Today is the last day of the current RBT sale I think so consider grabbing a long and short XL8R stem if you didn't win one. I literally never use the included short straight stem because the dimpled cooling stems are such an upgrade.

glenCOCO

congrats stray fox! i was on the feed as well.

i have the wismec dual, but keeps things simple and stay in wattage mode at 40w. The control comes from feathering the button and drawspeed. I pretty much just use it just like you would a Milaana. Feel free to dive into the TCR thing, but it's not necessary.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Thanks y’all. @androponic the wismec rxgen3 dual looks great. I had noticed it was popular but was skeptical when I couldn’t find it anywhere and the Wismec site only had two color choices. @bossman Im with you black would be my choice but since it wasn’t I just threw caring to the wind and went with your recommendation. Purple? F-it, it’ll be cool and if it’s not it’s just me down here, in the basement, playing with it. :brow:

I have the stems and gobs of batteries but will be continuing to read up on installing myevic or similar. I think being patient and just rolling in wattage mode for a bit sounds like advice from someone who knows what they’re talking about about....so I’ll take it.

This thread can be intimidating but I feel the FC love. Thanks again all.

*Thanks @glenCOCO I was on cloud nine. Thanks for your advice.

SquirrelMaster

@Engleja
If you don't mind spending more the mods with DNA chips are really good. I have a link to profiles and material files posted above. The big draw of DNA mods is the excellent temperature control but other cheaper mods work well too. I don't have a link for you but I use a Lost Vape Paranormal DNA250C which shouldn't be too hard to find.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
@Engleja
If you don't mind spending more the mods with DNA chips are really good. I have a link to profiles and material files posted above. The big draw of DNA mods is the excellent temperature control but other cheaper mods work well too. I don't have a link for you but I use a Lost Vape Paranormal DNA250C which shouldn't be too hard to find.

Funny you mention this. I swore I would never buy another NON DNA mod, but I was hoping to take some usage stress off my Lost Vape Mirage DNA75c, since it is no longer made, and single 21700 mods are hard to find, or very expensive boutique ones, you know, waiting lists, invites, etc. And as superior as I find DNA mods in temperature control, the one complaint I have, is there is no direct way on the mod to manually set a custom TCR value. You can do a lot of customization in the Evolve software and create TCR profiles etc. but it’s a lot of added steps, just to experiment with a recommended TCR value. So I searched to see if I could find a non DNA single 21700 battery mod, just to have on device TCR settings.

So I finally found a single 21700 mod. Great reviews, nice size, under $100. Called the EHPRO Cold Steel 100. Came out maybe 1.5 years ago or less. I can directly set a TCR value in the menu.

PROBLEM is, this thing SUCKS at temperature control. I then recalled that few if any reviewers tested it in TC mode, they admitted it. Now I’ve owned many a cheap Chinese mod, that did adequate temperature control, and this is going back years, so I figured by now, this would not be an issue. Well I spent far too long thinking it was me, but I didn’t give up searching, and eventually found two people reporting the same thing, one in a forum, one on YouTube. Evidently, everyone loves it for variable wattage, and for anything other then TC, it’s great, of course that’s not what I was buying it for.

Sorry for the long story, just to say I’m back to my DNA. If you don’t use TC then just about any decent mod with 2 or more 18650 batteries in variable wattage mode will heat your coils. If you are looking for TC then you can’t do much better then a DNA chip mod. The one I described above was unusable in TC mode, and goes into the drawer. :(

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Thanks @SquirrelMaster snd @RustyOldNail I appreciate the advice. Your suggestions give me direction. Unlike a couple days ago when I was anxiously and blindly searching the web for answers. I’m not gonna lie y’all, this vape has been giving me a bit of anxiety due to the box mod choices.

Maybe I’m getting old or lazy or both but I’m comfortable with wattage mode. It makes sense to me. I’m going to hang there before I crawl down the rabbit hole.

PDwasmy1st

Hi, I wonder if you kind folks could help me

The splinter clearly states it cannot be heated over 45 watts, what would happen if that did happen?

By accident in the past I [unbeknown to me] had a preheat 2 seconnds 225w! yes it burnt the herb and i combusted by mistake a few times before I sorted it, after cleaning tubes etc everything seems fine with the Splinter itself

With 2 x sony vc5 batts in there how bad is a preheat of 1 or 2 seconds @ 60-75 watt gonna be for it really? because it gets nearer instant nearer 80+ you go and 1 or 2 tokes and your bowls gone

I'd say keep it on 45w rest of time [after pre heat] but I'd like to go 52.5w
or even 55-65w watt and no pre heat...

What is it inside a metal coil?
does this splinter have a shelf life?
or can you change a coil?

I'd love to know peoples thoughts

PDwasmy1st,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Hi, I wonder if you kind folks could help me

The splinter clearly states it cannot be heated over 45 watts, what would happen if that did happen?

By accident in the past I [unbeknown to me] had a preheat 2 seconnds 225w! yes it burnt the herb and i combusted by mistake a few times before I sorted it, after cleaning tubes etc everything seems fine with the Splinter itself

With 2 x sony vc5 batts in there how bad is a preheat of 1 or 2 seconds @ 60-75 watt gonna be for it really? because it gets nearer instant nearer 80+ you go and 1 or 2 tokes and your bowls gone

I'd say keep it on 45w rest of time [after pre heat] but I'd like to go 52.5w
or even 55-65w watt and no pre heat...

What is it inside a metal coil?
does this splinter have a shelf life?
or can you change a coil?

I'd love to know peoples thoughts

The Splinter (like all RBT devices) does not have a coil, it has a stainless steel mesh heater that you cannot change. Heating it beyond 45W for brief periods is unlikely to have any lasting effect. 225W is a bit extreme, but if it was only 2 seconds then I doubt you've done any damage. In my opinion, the pre-heat you propose isn't necessary for the Splinter although the Splinter Z might benefit from it. Neither device would suffer much if you use that setting, however.

I'm not sure why you would use 45W, let alone 55-65W. That kind of power leads to combustion. I start mine at 20W for a couple of hits, then I step up by 2-3W with a couple of hits at each increase, until I'm finished. Usually this happens at around 30W, but occasionally I'll go to 35W. I've never found it necessary or useful to go as high as 40W, let alone the wattages you suggest. I used a pre-heat briefly to see if it helped, and for the pre-heat power I used 50W. I stopped doing it because it used up batteries faster without any benefit I could see. Others might have a different experience.

I don't know what you mean by a "shelf life", but under any definition I can think of the answer is no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom