1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Splinter by RBT

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by RastaBuddhaTao, Dec 31, 2016.

1. PapaEmeritusCDXX

PapaEmeritusCDXX Lord of The Flies.

Which firmware are you using/box mod? I'm running A Evic VTC Dual with the Tubo FW.

szai likes this.
  2. Ctipp22

Ctipp22 Active Member

Gen 3 Wismec 3 batt TCR 135-145 40watts .22ohms 370-380 degrees.

roberto1155 likes this.
  3. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v4.0a (unstable) Staff Member

I'm using a Joyetech Cuboid 150W and Tubo firmware. The firmware you use shouldn't matter if you're using wattage mode. Tubo firmware doesn't really affect wattage mode except for the capability to use Cruise.

FMSQ likes this.
  4. bossman

bossman Gentleman Of Leisure

Flash sale at rbt today: 42% off with code FLASH. No XL8R stems in stock though.

5. Grifo

Grifo Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    FMSQ likes this.
  6. entirely_foreign

entirely_foreign Well-Known Member

Hey all, pre-ordered V1 like many others, trying to figure out which mod to get. Right now I'm just trying to decide on battery size. How long does your single battery mod last you when using only the splinter? How about a dual battery mod? I'm a casual user, low tolerance, 0.1g from a vapcap gets me blasted. I'd like to go about a week between switching batteries if at all possible.

After I choose battery size I'll probably go with either the eVic VTwo mini or the eVic VTwo. All feedback is appreciated.

DelaSheck likes this.
  7. mucsusn

mucsusn 60 going on 20

I love my LosTVape Therion DNA 166. I find no compelling reason to use anything but wattage mode, but just love the heft and quality of it. It offers in mod balanced charging(2 cells) which I have checked with my Nitecore charger. I also have a Vaporesso Tarot Nano with built in li-po. Both can take a micro-usb charger

8. entirely_foreign

entirely_foreign Well-Known Member

Appreciate the suggestion! My budget is unfortunately up to $50. How long do you find two batteries last you? How many sessions?

9. TNT_error

TNT_error Well-Known Member

@entirely_foreign I use a modefined Lyra for my splinters (dual batteries). It works great and is in your price range ($35-$45). If you don't mind used mods, people on the Reddit classy sell stuff for pretty cheap. My 1 battery mod lasts around 3-4 sessions, and my Lyra gets about 8-10.

10. Ctipp22

Ctipp22 Active Member

I got the splinter ripping huge clouds and slowly effecting the chronic. TCR 160 and lowered the temp a hair and all the stars aligned.

11. bossman

On a recommendation from the box mod thread in Ask FC I ordered one of these from the US warehouse for $31 with the 15% code and it should arrive this week:

https://vapesourcing.com/wismec-reuleaux-rx-gen3-dual-tc-box-mod-230w.html

My plan is to run Arctic Fox since it works great with my og Splinter and an Eleaf Invoke mod.

I also have an eVic VTC Dual but haven't tried it with my Splinter.

The Wismec linked above and my cheap Invoke are both a nice fit for the Splinter because the connector is in the middle and there's little to no overhang.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    Summer and PapaEmeritusCDXX like this.
  12. PapaEmeritusCDXX

PapaEmeritusCDXX Lord of The Flies.

I have the evic vtc dual w/tubo fw. wattage mode is awesome. works well, just gets a bit toasty with constant use..nothing too bad.

I may invest in A 510 heatsink. just to keep my evics 510 thread safe/prolong it.

bossman, Hogni, FMSQ and 1 other person like this.
  13. sickmanfraud

sickmanfraud Well-Known Member

Invest in a heatsink? They are about $1.50-$2.00.

Fat Freddy and Summer like this.
  14. KeroZen

KeroZen Chronic vapaholic

Try also 510 heat insulation gaskets on fasttech, even cheaper and doesn't affect resistance.

Fat Freddy likes this.
  15. bossman

I'm configuring Arctic Fox on the wismec rx gen3 dual that arrived today and curious how to get more of a clue. For now I set two profiles for TCR 160 and 165 and one for wattage. I haven't locked the resistance in yet and I don't recall it coming with a tested number like my Tubo X did.

Is there performance to be found using ti, nickel, 316 or 316L? The TCR 160 magic number was just me trying it out cluelessly after reading the recent post from @Ctipp22. Thanks for really improving the performance of my Splinter @Ctipp22!

Edit: Whoa... so I pretty much just matched the settings from my old Invoke. The wismec is hitting well and seems to have my Splinter heating quicker and at first blush running hotter. Grain of salt since this is the first time I've ever used any vape on a second mod. Happy with the wismec's performance so far anyway.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    Joaon, Easywider and Summer like this.
  16. Ctipp22

Ctipp22 Active Member

TCR 155 380 degrees 40 watts .22ohms locked. deeper basket screen. Couldn't work better..

@RastaBuddhaTao Dude how you doing?? IG dropped the profile? Colin

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2018
    bossman and Summer like this.
  17. analytika

analytika Well-Known Member

I tried three before giving up.

Resistance flying all over the place.

Better a dedicated mod

mucsusn and Summer like this.
  18. little maggie

little maggie Well-Known Member

I have an evic mini and it works great with my splinter 1. I think it's one of the more affordable boxmods. I just got a p80 for my Z but haven't tried it yet.

19. sickmanfraud

sickmanfraud Well-Known Member

I use a heatsink with a DNA250C mod and the resistance is the same each time.

IIRC you can lock resistance in the Tubo firmware?

Summer likes this.
  20. bossman

Well you know I'm gonna try this next. Thanks for the tip! Got a link for the deeper screens you mention?

21. little maggie

little maggie Well-Known Member

My p80 finally came and I'd like to dedicate it to my splinter but it needs different software. It isn't on FJ's list and so far, in spite of working my way though several threads here, I can't figure out other software like arctic fox or sur my evic. So can I use FJ's software with it> If I try it and it doesn't work will it destroy my p80?

22. bossman

https://nfeteam.org/

Visit that site and download and install the Arctic Fox installer on a Windows machine. It'll recognize your P80 and you can put Artic Fox on it.

The TCR profile I'm using is set to 160, 40W, and .25ohms locked. I'm taking like 8 second draws between 370 and 380.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    Easywider, Grifo, Hogni and 1 other person like this.
  23. Vision103

Vision103 Vision103

It's buddarastatao now. Page shut down.

24. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

No, Ryan is still & will always be rastabuddhatao on here, Reddit & his website. The only reason for the inversion of the name on IG is because his account was shut down.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
  25. oddjobold

oddjobold 510 Vaporist

Splinter is my favorite vape atm. I really hope we get a chance to get a discounted splinter v1 in europe.

Ill be on it, like a car bonnet.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors