The Screwball by Vapvana

Nebelmann

I've been playing with the half bowl setting at much higher temperatures (500f-530f) and I am not getting that "stoney" feel - that I can achieve with the full bowl setting and the right temperatures.
I'm at 527F on half bowl. Haven't really tried full bowl yet. Which temp do you suggest for that stoney full bowl hits?

Nebelmann,

Vapvana

Manufacturer

Happy April!​

Hey Y'all :wave:

Finally getting caught up after being out of commission from covid for ~2 weeks :( Good news is me and the fam at home are feeling better, and things are getting moving for April.

Let's jump into what's new :D

Video Update​

Been awhile since I recored a video update, so I figured why not show off some of the recent prototypes :science:

Current Presale Changes​

The following changes are being implemented in the current presale (~100 kits).

The remaining inventory is listed on our site, and once they sell out then the estimated ship date will be pushed back until the second part of production is complete (~400 kits).

You can use code 'FC10' for 10% off and support future giveaways here

Screwball Lid + Housing Update​

0d29dd46911c2970d288506eb629d0bb.jpg

Since the testing went well with the SS prototype, we are moving forward with this design change.

IMO, the main benefits with this change will be:
  • Help keep dust out of the gems
  • Leaves space for branded collaborations (companies can have their logo laser engraved on top)
From my testing, it seems like the performance is similar (hard to tell exactly since its SS and not Ti) and the airflow is the same or slightly improved.

New Lid + Housing Upgrade Availability​

After the titanium version is tested and approved, the second part of production will begin for ~400 kits.

Once the second part is complete, we will have a listing available to purchase the upgraded parts (housing + lid) for current Screwball owners. I will also be working with our partnered retailers to have the upgraded parts available too.

The price is estimated to be ~$30 USD with free shipping, but I still need to receive a final price from our manufacturer.

Branded PID + Coil​

The PID is getting a cosmetic makeover with new teal end caps & buttons, and our logo + serial number on the back.
IMG_0645.jpg
IMG_0722.jpg

Coach Reuben Coming To Life​

I've been working with our illustrator to update Coach Reuben for the next round of stickers, and wanted to give a preview of some of the quick start guide that's still in the works.

IMG_0721.jpg
IMG_0723.jpg

Microdose Bowl Prototype Preview​

Here is a sneak peak at the latest mockup I was sent for the next round of changes to the microdose bowl.

IMG_0716.jpg

As long as there are no issues, I'm hoping we can move forward with an early adopters round for the microdose bowl (and possibly the 20mm version).

Glass Bowls​

Any updates on the glass bowls?
Still need to make a 2nd round of prototypes with Goldman Glass, and I plan to start working on an import version too for a more affordable option.

Pass Thru Adapters​

I think the glass bowl can be used with an injector style ball vape
The glass pass thru is technically an injector bowl first. Our manufacturer uses it for another product they offer, so it's easier for us to buy it as as stock item (which is why it comes with the screen installed already).

Vapvana Homebase Fan Concept Revision 3
Awesome mockup! Thanks for sharing @Pinball-Vapes :rockon:

PID Issues + Warranty Form Link​

I have recently been hearing a high pitched noise in my vape cabinet. I have just narrowed it down to my screwball PID. I now have it unplugged, when I plug it back in it immediately makes the noise again. Do others notice their PID making a noise?
I do, even when turned off. I need to unplug it to make it stop, I thought I might just be going crazy, glad to know I'm not.

It seems like on occasion these PIDs will make this noise. If you are experiencing this problem or anything else with your kit, please use this form and we / I will take care of you :tup:

https://vapvana.com/pages/warranty-returns-form

4/20 Sales​

I'm working on getting some accessories listed on our site for a 4/20 sale. I'm hoping to have everything ready by this Friday the latest.

Next Update​

I'm hoping to have some new prototypes sent to me in the next couple of weeks. I will update y'all once I have more to share.

If anyone needs anything please send an email to hi@vapvana.com :rockon:

Talk soon,
Cal

LordOfTheVapes

out of commission from covid for ~2 weeks :( Good news is me and the fam at home are feeling better:D

Glad to hear you and your family are doing better!

why not show off some of the recent prototypes :science:

Dual PID! What are you planning Cal?!
:whoa:

The price is estimated to be ~$30 USD with free shipping, but I still need to receive a final price from our manufacturer.

Would you be willing to send some out for reviews here? Really interested in hearing opinions on it.

I've been working with our illustrator to update Coach Reuben for the next round of stickers, and wanted to give a preview of some of the quick start guide that's still in the works.

IMG_0721.jpg
IMG_0723.jpg

Absolutely love this!

Still need to make a 2nd round of prototypes with Goldman Glass, and I plan to start working on an import version too for a more affordable option.

Will there be a glass microdose bowl as well?

The glass pass thru is technically an injector bowl first.

I believe I've been testing this one and it works really well

I'm working on getting some accessories listed on our site for a 4/20 sale. I'm hoping to have everything ready by this Friday the latest.

I can't wait to see what you will have listed. Will there be items listed from collaborators too?

TedJones

Sounds good :p and nice inquiry @RedZep . Going to try and see how many pulls I can manage with half bowl on this dry setup later :goon: Maybe at twenty degrees lower than norm ..
Forgot to report the low temp dry run was good. Added an extension this time which was better. Was at 465 and took my time with 4 tasty pulls in this half bowl 👍

Misterhyde

It seems like on occasion these PIDs will make this noise. If you are experiencing this problem or anything else with your kit, please use this form and we / I will take care of you :tup:

https://vapvana.com/pages/warranty-returns-form
I reached out to Cal on Saturday and he immediately sent out a replacement PID. Thanks so much, new stuff is looking great!

2pumpchump

How warm does the PID controller get on this unit after an extended session? It's a fair bit of power passing through that small inline controller.
Not hot at all really my cellphone charger gets warmer than the pid .
I have recently been hearing a high pitched noise in my vape cabinet. I have just narrowed it down to my screwball PID. I now have it unplugged, when I plug it back in it immediately makes the noise again. Do others notice their PID making a noise?
I would contact cal the only time I have had any of my pids make a noise is with a complete open circuit!
Question: Is it normal for it to have a minor smell when it heats up? I've already done the burnoff. It's less like a burning smell, more of a metallic smell.
Not using my screwball every day due to the family situation I stated in a previous post . I have noticed a hot metal smell on the first heat up after setting for a few days but gose away a bit after being at full temperature

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I feel like we are chasing the same thing; when you have time would you please post a picture of the titanium diffuser bowl you used?

Not using my screwball every day due to the family situation I stated in a previous post . I have noticed a hot metal smell on the first heat up after setting for a few days but gose away a bit after being at full temperature
I have noticed a odour when heating the heater for the first time, after a few days of not using it, it’s a smell I’ve noticed from like a electric heater so I’ve just discounted it as “not a thing”

If you want to add conduction to a Convections vape you should watch Lee from Table Top Bong He has a video on conduction from a ball vape
I will do so now, thanking you

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I just turned on my Screwball and I noticed the electric heater smell again; it was off for … I can’t remember … the smell was quite obvious and it hasn’t reduced while the heater has been on for the past 10 minutes. I’m going to do a short burn off and see if it disappears..

Vapvana Homebase Fan Concept Revision 3, now with better rendering and shading inside of Procreate on my 2021 12.9" iPad Pro.
I am already sold.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I'm at 527F on half bowl. Haven't really tried full bowl yet. Which temp do you suggest for that stoney full bowl hits?
I have been using the full bowl setting at 490f lately (just did a 500f bowl and it was a little more than I wanted - but I was curious) & I admit I have been heat soaking it for a bit before I use it, I leave the heater on the bowl for like 2-3 minutes and then add the herbs (0.3g-0.35g using the Old Head spoon as a rough measure) and hit it as I prefer the conductive roast - even though only the first draw has any flavour, I only really get the affects I am looking for up here.

2pumpchump

Yeah the heat smell is like any electric heater or more similar to when I heat metallic things at work with a torch. It's not consern to me. As it goes away shortly after reaching full temperature.. and seams not to have a taste that I can tell!

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
FINALLY

I have been too damn sick to do anything for so long that today is a good day having finally have healed to the point where I could spend some time and effort to try and get my previously screwed Screwball heater to try and work after it fell onto a vinal mat that was sitting on top of a piece of wood and the heater melted through the mat and burnt a hole in the wood and the melted gunk had sealed the heater so I couldn't even get the damn thing undone. I tried multiple burn offs, just setting the PID to maximum, but it never managed to get the gunk holding the assembly closed to burn off enough to open it.

A friendly Milkman suggested I use a torch and today - finally - feeling a bit more spritely - I took at it biggest butane/propane torch I could get my hands on and cherried the coil and area around the seal (screw at the top) and then scraped off the gunk and let it cool...

Finally the damn thing is apart in pieces and I can work on getting the coil to work without stinking of plastics ...

I sporadically have been switching between dabs and my screwball. I tend to muck up screens like nobodies business.

Regarding smell I definitely think it's dust burn off. I get a tinge of a scent when i leave my screwball idle for too long and then do a heat up but it dissipates quickly. I have this strange feeling my screwball can fit a few more gems in after a few months of use i've noticed occasional rattle in the chamber. like the rubies arent as tightly packed in as they could/should be. not that it has impacted performance at all.

one thing i've adjusted to is not packing bowls down too tight as that seemed to be a large factor in my screens being dirty so fast. and made for slower burns and more stirring for a full clean burn through. Definitely my preferred way to enjoy flower though.

MTpromises

...i've adjusted to is not packing bowls down too tight as that seemed to be a large factor in my screens being dirty so fast. and made for slower burns and more stirring for a full clean burn through. Definitely my preferred way to enjoy flower though.
I find if I knock out the ABV while it's still warm it's easier to get out and keeps the screen clean a lot longer. You need the kind of ashtray that you can whack the bowl on.

I find if I knock out the ABV while it's still warm it's easier to get out and keeps the screen clean a lot longer. You need the kind of ashtray that you can whack the bowl on.
Oh i go back to back with bowls sometimes. it's when i stir that some works into the screen itself. I can get most off typically. But when i was packing in the bowls more it was about 2-3 bowls between screens. Loosely packed I can get maybe double before airflow is super affected.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I was playing around with preheating bowls in a 25mm Axil coil before using them with the Screwball to maximize the conduction and the radiant heat in the oven in general trying to get the most stoney experience I could. I was using the Screwball bowl, a Tiodw compatible 22mm diffuser bowl and the Shovelhead Bowl. I ended up coming to the conclusion that I prefer using a presoaked Screwball bowl in full bowl setting with the smaller quantities (0.15g) with the Screwball heater set to 490f - over any of the others bowls, or any half bowl configuration I have tried.

It was interesting heating the bowls as it sort of showed what must happen putting a assembly on top of the bowl. In the same coil, a cold Screwball bowl caused a drop of 4f in the coil, a cold Shovelhead bowl caused a drop of 15f and the cold Tiodw pro bowl caused a drop of 18f before the temperature stabilised and then started to rise again. I did the same thing when the bowls were warm to the touch and the Screwball bowl caused no reduction in temperature, the other two had a 11f and 12f drop in temperature even when it was warm.

If I was using a wireless assembly, I would want to be using the Screwball's bowl over any of the others. Tt takes so little heat to heat it up that the coils seem to adjust to the bowl instantly so it doesn't really cause the assembly to loose lot of heat before I started to pull air through it to heat my herbs. Also because it takes almost nothing to heat soak it it you choose to do so. The other bowls; I would want a whole separate coil to heat them and have the assembly heating in a separate coil, but the Screwball's bowl is so light weight it heats up perfectly on top of the wireless assembly in the same coil, or quickly with the Screwball heater put on top for a minute or so.

zeus420

@Vapvana

soo will the following Shipment of Devices wich are Dated Shipping 15 to 29th of April have all this Updates included?? (SS Housing, PiD, ect.)

greez and peace
zeus

zeus420,

AndyO

I've been researching the Screwball today and had almost settled on it... only to discover the new design changes coming...

I'm so confused now, I don't even know if the updated version will be available in Australia :(

BuddhaBlessYou

shopping for glass while my starter kit order is being prepared, i have my eyes on the mega globe flat earth 14mm. The screwball has an 18mm size, anyone mind suggesting what i need to make these two work together.

BuddhaBlessYou,

TedJones

Top Bottom