Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadDog No

Millie has arrived incountry. I'll sleep better somehow. I've got an 18/14 coming from OGB. My 18/18 is fine, but my Orbiter and slyme bubblers are 14s. So I do have an 18/14 that's too long but if I use a spare EQ cyclone bowl to tie the good 18 to the bad 18/14 through the 18 to 18 female cyclone bowl. Sure it's a bit weird but I have to be ready. You guys understand, right? Have had great success jamming whole little nuggets into vapes so that's how I'm gonna use Millie when she first gets here. Going for flavor first. Get a couple of nuggets with just one or 2 draws on them and now hand tear and pack with a light tamp. It's time to do some water. Yes I am aware that these fantasies probably show some issues. but hey how many of our fantasies will come true. Monday (But oh it's already in the country and I paid a couple buck extra so if it's going first class it could even be here tomorrow, right? Right? And then when my hopper arrives we can have a bakeoff! Should I invite the Fireflys? Good night. ;)
EDIT: Is it wrong that I already have the 18 loaded with a basket and ready to go? Because if it is, I can always unload it I suppose...

Last edited:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Still not blown away with flower (yet) but it definitely works great. Tried some concentrate wrapped in cotton and got some absolutely awesome convection dabs. Might be selling my Crafty since it doesn't had replaceable batteries. The glass stems sure do make this one a lot less portable though. Gotta be real careful with where you out the stem when transporting.
The included battery case holds the short stem pefectly...

I'd say prime or stuff more mesh in the intake to boost the speed of flower draws.
My Milaana is sitting at the USPS sorting facility in my town. If I could I'd drive down there and look through every box till I found it! :lol:

Edit: USPS delivered early for the first time in my life I'm pretty sure. I'm so excited!!!

08RZj3p.jpg

KgwLIOb.jpg
Love how the manual says 'follow the link'...like it's a Web page :rofl:

Can only imagine someone super baked tapping the link on the manual :bang:

Moe_

The included battery case holds the short stem pefectly...

I'd say prime or stuff more mesh in the intake to boost the speed of flower draws.

Love how the manual says 'follow the link'...like it's a Web page :rofl:

Can only imagine someone super baked tapping the link on the manual :bang:
I guess to me carrying two separate things makes a portable a lot less portable. I knew what I was getting when I bought it though so it isn't like I'm surprised or anything, just never dealt with glass on the go before and it worries me. Mainly wanted a little cordless LSV I could travel with and so far that's very close to what it is.

Edit: Not ready to make any other comparisons except this but so far even not completely having the hang of the technique I like the Milaana a LOT more than I ever liked the Firewood 3.0. I could get good vapor with the FW but it was a lot more restricted, hot, the capsules weren't for me, and it took a LOT more effort to get a nice cloud. No brainer for anyone trying to decide between those two (in my opinion of course.)

Edit 2: 5th or 6th stem so far and I really feel like I got the hang of it. Great tasty clouds in no time at all. Not quite as open of a draw as the LSV but that's to be expected. Much more open than the Grasshopper.

Technique isn't hard to master at all. I never could figure out how to use the MFLB successfully or anywhere near it over a full weekend with a power adapter, so to be able to get the hang of the Milaana so quickly should tell everyone how simple it is.

A little bit harsher than I was expecting, to me about like the Grasshopper, but it doesn't bother me at all. Bowl seems to stay tasty for a long time as long as you're careful not to get it too hot to where there's dark spots.

Doesn't seem like you absolutely HAVE to stir it, but just like the LSV it keeps the bowl tasting better for longer and keeps the vapor nice and dense until it's pretty much finished.

Pretty sure the VTC4 I bought from the local shop is counterfeit by the way, lasts a much shorter time than the LG HG2 that came with the unit. 3 short bowls and the VTC4 was at 3.80 on the charger. 2 LONG bowls with the HG2 and it was at 4.09.

Last edited:

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
Hmmm mine was $169; $186 after shipping. I'm not sure what its status is since I haven't received anyhting but the paypal confirmation.

I ordered mine way back in September when they were still $89US, plus $30 shipping. The price went up a couple of times since, to $129 then $169. The low price was definitely an incentive at a time when the exchange rate meant i had to add an extra 40 cents, at least, for every US dollar.

Now that i work it out, i also paid around $180 (Australian dollars, though)...

Vapenvy,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Pretty sure the VTC4 I bought from the local shop is counterfeit by the way, lasts a much shorter time than the LG HG2 that came with the unit. 3 short bowls and the VTC4 was at 3.80 on the charger. 2 LONG bowls with the HG2 and it was at 4.09.

Not necessarily counterfeit but HG2's are 3000mAh while VTC4's are 2100mAh. So in the first place the right Sony battery to compare to the HE4 would be the VTC5 (20A @ 26OOmAh) and not the VTC4. Then the HG2 has even more capacity than the HE4 (at the cost, I think, of a slightly higher internal resistance... I'll try to measure at some point) So to sum up, what you experience sounds pretty normal to me.

Anyway nice early review. I'm sure you'll keep improving your technique or rather refining it. As for the harshness I really recommend trying the long stems, they have a noticeable cooling effect on the vapor.

PS: I just received my Mi! It's almost flawless, recessed GonG, new screeen in intake, flush button, no burning marks, sanded smooth. Just a very slight cosmetic imperfection at one place of the bottom part joint. It's lovely. Got the hemp pouch and all the goodies inside as well. I can go to sleep happy!

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Letting go of everything except Mia and Air. Glass or I pass, just so bummed about my OOS Milaana, and slow turn around, I impulsed bought, and of course disappointed.

Wish I had the replacement female glass. So far, I've had this thing totally apart, not hard to assemble, just need the female glass and I'd be back in business in minutes. My local shop was a bust, any suggestions on where to get this exact glass?

thekarmawhore

I've had my Mi, Lulu (not a girls name,rather, short for Louisville slugger, as in "who just cracked me in the head with a bat?"), about a week now and I love it! Got the latest offering with the pouch and instructions etc. So that's nice.
Impressions?
Hits like Babe Ruth.
Clouds as big or small as you want.
Very fast even from a cold start.
Where Zion is 'desktop power in the palm of your hand' Milaana is 'desktop power in your pocket' (and beyond, actually)
Hides in plain sight if there's any ecig culture at all around.

Tips?
I think there's a natural tendency to set it upright, which leaves it easily tipped over so I make a point of laying it on its side when I put it down.

And personally, though I have yet to experience any failed glue joints, I like that the most common failure mode is easy enough to fix myself with the right glue and a couple minutes of my time. To me this is much more environmentally friendly and sustainable than all that shipping back and forth that the more complicated vapes need to do.

Carbon footprints matter!

-tkw

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I've had my Mi, Lulu (not a girls name,rather, short for Louisville slugger, as in "who just cracked me in the head with a bat?"), about a week now and I love it! Got the latest offering with the pouch and instructions etc. So that's nice.
Impressions?
Hits like Babe Ruth.
Clouds as big or small as you want.
Very fast even from a cold start.
Where Zion is 'desktop power in the palm of your hand' Milaana is 'desktop power in your pocket' (and beyond, actually)
Hides in plain sight if there's any ecig culture at all around.

Tips?
I think there's a natural tendency to set it upright, which leaves it easily tipped over so I make a point of laying it on its side when I put it down.

And personally, though I have yet to experience any failed glue joints, I like that the most common failure mode is easy enough to fix myself with the right glue and a couple minutes of my time. To me this is much more environmentally friendly and sustainable than all that shipping back and forth that the more complicated vapes need to do.

Carbon footprints matter!

-tkw

That's great, so why isn't RBT offering to send me a glass female? I was instructed to return when I can easily swap out in minutes, but without the part, the simple repair is a mute point.

thekarmawhore

I can only speculate but it's probably because swapping out a broken heater assembly is more involved than reattaching a loose one.

I was speaking primarily as an end user faced with the choice of returning it or repairing it myself, if possible.

Last edited:

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Am I the only one running the Mi with no filter over the air inlet? I keep the Mi in a little camera pouch when not in use so it is protected somewhat from falls and definitely protected from getting dirty or lint in it or what have you so I have no need for a screen. I also hate restriction of any sort it seems. I love the wide open flow so I never tried to put the concentrate mesh or screen in. :shrug::ko:

I tried to carb the hole like @GTAVaper or someone mentioned (sorry if I wrongly appointed credit here) but I did not care to add restriction. I simply adjust my pulling technique to change my vapor density and to avoid or cause hot spots. I like to avoid hot spots for the first 3-4 hits. Then for the next 3-4 hits I like to create hot spots! Low temp finished off by high temp! :whoa:

I also recently changed back to dome screen after using basket screen dry for the last few weeks. I have always used dome screen with water and I thought it was just because I was using water that I had so much control over the hotspot. Now I feel like it is more the dome screen method I use. The top of my dome is set 1cm from the end of the male joint (I have actually measured and it is pretty much exact). For my water adapter, even though it has a screen in it, I push its screen up into the backside of the male joint and then push a dome screen into it from the front of the joint so there is two screens with an airspace between. This is great for reclaim. I am not sure if I am getting distillate reclaim here or flower reclaim as I load a small glob of distillate on my flower every now and again. I end up with a glob of something on the bottom screen that I can get a lot of hits from that seem almost as effective as the distillate I just ran through it.

As always YMMV, I am just sharing mine!

AJS

Calm Consistency
No, I am running it this way too. I will admit it hasn't gotten out of the house that much, and if it was I might be more likely to use the filter material...
I haven't even touched my filter material (as in never removed it).
I've already got hemp fiber in my stem catching oil and goodies, the airflow is already impeded. It is what it is.

bounce5

Hate to see more broken Milaanas, its the risk of glass, but hopefully the design will improve going forward to help prevent it further, though there will always be a risk for human error here. At least this will be good testing of the warranty service to set a strong standard for future customers, hopefully it'll be a quick turn around for those left without though

Meanwhile I thought I'd share these photos to demonstrate Milaana stealth (special blue shorty stem, colors may be returning soon!) when clutched in a hand. Can actually use this most places I can use the hopper, maybe even better since silent with no light so great in a movie theater and actually quicker honestly. So indoors and out stealth just fine in my experience as both require a technique for best performance, but I am finding control, even quick on the go, quite easy personally.

zbiQvmq.jpg

8lYjwNc.jpg

Now with short stems stowing like batteries is great, more pocketable inserted (hoodie or nontight pants), and makes another case less urgent, but I still think there is a clamshell digital camera case out there that is perfect...

Where did you get or how did you make that blue shorty stem?

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
Am I the only one running the Mi with no filter over the air inlet?

Nope. I fly full flow as well.

Recently started running the brown LG 3000mAh batteries, and I'm now getting 4-5 sessions on a battery vs. 3-4 with yellow LG 2500mAh. Normally I swap out at the lower number but sometimes go an extra session on a low battery to experiment. Digging the extra session on the brown LGs! :)

Moe_

Which stem are you using? The long stem is not as harsh. In fact, I find it quite smooth.
Long stem mainly, but I know for sure (based on your videos) I take hits about 3-4x the size of yours so I'm probably making the heater work quite a bit harder than you. It isn't bad at all, just expected it to be a hair smoother from all the things I read.

Last edited:
Moe_,
Reactions: Bizkat

AJS

Calm Consistency
Nope. I fly full flow as well.

Recently started running the brown LG 3000mAh batteries, and I'm now getting 4-5 sessions on a battery vs. 3-4 with yellow LG 2500mAh. Normally I swap out at the lower number but sometimes go an extra session on a low battery to experiment. Digging the extra session on the brown LGs! :)
I always confuse sessions and baskets. I always used to determine battery life in terms of 1 average bowl, not an entire session.
I think I mentioned earlier that 5 bowls brought me down to 3.83. That's like 8 bowls total to drain. Pretty damn good.
If you do your seshes back to back to back, the batteries will last insanely long because you constantly have tons of residual heat, and the button is simply to get the heat back up again. Just a few seconds and ur back at temp.

And I never use the long stem. It's stored away and doesn't even have a screen in it currently. It's just too awkward looking for me. I'll use it when going to a friend's place to couch lounge and I don't want to bring my bubbler. That's about the only situation.

I want a new mouthpiece. Either a US male end flared trumpet mouthpiece, a Jhook, a handheld hammer bubbler, or maybe a pnwt.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
My FC-UFO mouthpiece is US jointed and has a nice curve to it that reduces heat. I switch that in and out for variety, but more for the Zion than for the Milaana...

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Where did you get or how did you make that blue shorty stem?

It is from RBT. He had a few color stems left over from old Zion/2x4/other alpha/betas, so he cut me some blue and green shorty stems. He mentioned he plans to order a lot of colors now so he can offer them again, maybe even colored female glass in Milaana though I never got confirmation on that point.

Long stem mainly, but I know for sure (based on your videos) I take hits about 3-4x the size of yours so I'm probably making the heater work quite a bit harder than you. It isn't bad at all, just expected it to be a hair smoother from all the things I read.

Yeah, with the density hit size plays a big factor on harshness (as does whatever the herb frankly). I can tell the difference in how I draw in Grasshopper too (which I still find much harsher and less tasty). I usually like small dense tasty clouds that I pull very quickly off Lana without holding the trigger very long at all, as I continue to draw out the residual heat. I think LSV with big hits and a short stem would be quite harsh, but it's long stem was a real treat dry I recall. The other thing here is particulates getting through the screen can irritate the throat, I've gotten used to it, but hemp fiber did work really well when I tested it (I'm just lazy now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom