Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oogendoogan

Well I finally made contact with the RBT mothership - someone on FC provided me with Sheila's email address and I got a next day response.

I guess that Charchol is not really meant to function as a CS point of contact but rather just as an account for the manufacturer's spokesperson......just guessing on that of course since it has been a week now since my initial PM without a response, whereas Sheila responded the next day - 2x even to clear up my queries.

I learned that my Milaana order has not yet shipped, but at least with the newer production improvements, when it does ship I should get the recessed glass female joint as well as the sexy new screen :tup:

So there is some benefit to having to wait a little longer and having had to sit on the sidelines and hear from all the FC'ers about how great the Milaana performs.

In the meantime, my Supreme V3 is never ceasing to amaze me! I was very skeptical when I first saw the photos of the Supreme since it doesn't look the prettiest, and also looks very rudimentary - but the vapour quality and taste as well as the speed of extraction is absolutely incredible.

It also fills a different niche completely from the Milaana ......... so I am also really looking forward to getting the on-demand convection, "cordless log" style of vaporizer that the Milaana seems to be.
I think you will continue to want the heavy, long hits you get from the supreme. I haven't tried one but it looks like it hits like an Evo, or harder haha. That style of vaping is cool, and I know it doesn't quite compare but a SSV with DDave mod can produce huge convection hits that are the same style in my opinion, At least to the Evo, like I said never tried supreme. I used the milaana exclusively for a while after I got it. Until like yesterday when before bed I just wanted one huge quick hit, instead of 2 stems.. So that's where my SSV came in. Idk I'm a high consumption user, 2-3 grams a day, maybe that's just my needs but I am sure glad I have both. It's so fun to use the button of the milaana and hone in its heat source to get analog log vape style hits from my Mi, then switch to a heavy hitter without much technique in the SSV. I feel like it has complemented my other vapes well. And has become one of my favorites :) glad to hear you got your issue cleared up and hope to hear what you have to say about this thing soon. Cheers!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Well I finally made contact with the RBT mothership - someone on FC provided me with Sheila's email address and I got a next day response.

I guess that Charchol is not really meant to function as a CS point of contact but rather just as an account for the manufacturer's spokesperson......just guessing on that of course since it has been a week now since my initial PM without a response, whereas Sheila responded the next day - 2x even to clear up my queries.

I learned that my Milaana order has not yet shipped, but at least with the newer production improvements, when it does ship I should get the recessed glass female joint as well as the sexy new screen :tup:

So there is some benefit to having to wait a little longer and having had to sit on the sidelines and hear from all the FC'ers about how great the Milaana performs.

In the meantime, my Supreme V3 is never ceasing to amaze me! I was very skeptical when I first saw the photos of the Supreme since it doesn't look the prettiest, and also looks very rudimentary - but the vapour quality and taste as well as the speed of extraction is absolutely incredible.

It also fills a different niche completely from the Milaana ......... so I am also really looking forward to getting the on-demand convection, "cordless log" style of vaporizer that the Milaana seems to be.

Ah glad you got word. I need to try a Supreme3 some day... Do you have one @Stu? ;)

And because someone shared the Zion update over there, figured I might as well paste the Milaana update here since clearly not all outstanding pre orders have shipped just yet (especially the latest ones, that may have even been after wholesale orders too):

"Milaana Update

We apologize for any quality issues that escaped in the first 150 units. If you suffered failures such as the glass coming loose, dead battery or button/bottom gap issues please complete our warranty form above and return the unit to the address shown for a warranty fix. We will be supplying a free mouthpiece to cover our customers shipping cost. In fact, to reassure our customers who ordered units through the month of June we are extending a limited Lifetime Warranty. In addition, any picture of a broken mouthpiece emailed to rbtvape.service@gmail.com from the email used to place your paypal order (shipped to associated address) will be shipped a free mouthpiece through the month of June... well, because dropping one and watching it break sucks!

The production line has been down for two weeks to address quality issues uncovered with the initial units. Sanding steps have been added to improve the fit between the bottom plate and the body. Quality checks and design changes have been added to ensure no "cold heater" units, proper button alignment, improved battery door fit and finish, improved glue adhesion, improved inlet air filter, and other small cosmetic details. This will add the finishing touches to the Milaana and ensure that the quality is maintained and no repeat issues are suffered in future shipments. We appreciate all the patience with our early customers who have looked past some cosmetic issues on these early units to have a chance at being one of the first to have the RBT heater technology in your hands.

Three wholesale orders have been received and partially fulfilled to enable our retailers to have some initial units on the shelves. We expect to have all our our pre-order sales complete by the week of 7/6 at which point our two online retailers, Planet Vape and Vapor Geeks will be provide our retail sales and customer service to ensure our customers get the attention they deserve. This is a key milestone in that it dovetails with the much improved manufacturing process to ensure a quality product is delivered in a timely manner with excellent customer service and technical support.

We apologize for supplying the early units without instruction and encourage all of the existing users to read our quick manual now posted in the Milaana section

Peace and good vibes,
RBT"

And as long as I am here, this is the manual for anyone who didn't see it on the site:

manual-online3jpg_Page1-1.jpg

The lifetime warranty was the surprise I had mentioned earlier, so even more like mflb I guess... there may be more updates to the manual as things progress I imagine, this one was tweeked with my own feedback :peace:

AJS

Calm Consistency
I got a box of goodies from @Ratchett yesterday and it has made my Milaana experience even better. The products I got were an 18mm funnel, two 18mm stands, two 18650 battery caps and some sample screens.

18mm stands - These are great for people who are concerned about their stems rolling away. They obviously fit with the male side down, but they can also hold the stems upright for loading, which is made much easier with the 18mm funnel. The funnel is great and almost perfect for RBT stems. It can fit an ISO male which leaves a gap between the ledge of the stem and the funnel. However, it isn't a big deal and has helped make loading the stems very easy.

The 18650 battery caps won't ever be used as battery caps for me because I have other cases, but they are perfect for capping a stem for on the go. They fit a big more snugly than the red Evo caps, but I think either would work.

On top of that, the screens might have been the best part of my order. I am a big fan of the style and I think they are also almost perfect. I will definitely be getting a screen press once they are available. I'm not using the stock screens at all right now because I much prefer the Ratchett screens.

Because of you I swung over to @Ratchett 's wonderful online shop, and finally managed to snag a honeycomb holder, because I couldn't stand to see my battery caps' price get doubled due to shipping. Figured I'd kill two bowls with one hit (:lol::rofl:) and get the honeycomb holder as well to make use of the shipping cost. It'll hold my Jyarz, both stems, and all my 18650s. Should be interesting to see how it looks.

Do battery covers ONLY need to go on the positive end? I would just like to confirm this lol. Not trying to explode :)
I hope these battery covers also fit over the button. If not, no worries, I got them for the batteries anyway so now I can just hold them loose! Is it bad for two batteries to clank on each other (such as running with two in your pocket), even with the battery covers on?
Also glad these battery covers can stay on the 18mm, will be nice for capping, which I don't really do with the Milaana, but oh well!

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I just added some fresh cherry juice / pulp into my beeswax... 180 grit, down to 320... might try steel wool and do another coat or two of a clear coat.
Is that special coconut oil?

Not really special coconut. It's organic virgin or some such shit, and is supposed to be high grade. I mostly use it for making ABV salve. Got it on Amazon here.

Gonna try the cherry juice/pulp on another piece of wood and see how it goes. Thanks for the tip! Can't find my beeswax right now (it's around here somewhere!) and that is holding up finishing the job.

Milaana does not care. She goes both ways.

According to the update, Zion pre orderers can still purchase the Milaana with the homie hookup price. Sorta wanna sell my OG for a new production. Or have both. But I'm poor. Hmmmmm

And yes! Manual manual! Looks good, but it's unregulated ;)

Man am I glad it doesn't matter! I've been upside down the whole time. Not the first time I have been and probably not the last. Am gonna have to give her few rounds with the battery properly installed and see if I notice any difference. My guess? If I want to believe there is a difference there probably will be. But if not, I doubt it! :D

.... Idk I'm a high consumption user, 2-3 grams a day, maybe that's just my needs but I am sure glad I have both....

WOWSERS!!! I'll say. 3 grams probably lasts me close to 2 weeks unless I go to a big party or concert or something. Then again, I usually only have a real sesh after dinner, and maybe a few hits on the way home from work a couple times a week. I don't know whether to be jealous or worried for you. Actually... more worried for your wallet than anything else. Keep on vapin on! :tup:

AJS

Calm Consistency
Decided to take pictures of my slow low temp stem sesh of about a .05. I didn't stir once, I got solid vapor every hit, and the effects were enjoyable. Low temps still can make huge vapor, don't chase heat!

First picture is after 3 hits. First hit very little vapor, hits 2-3 very good vapor. Amazing taste all the way through.
FqAYKbh.jpg

This picture is after 5 hits. Got big vapor both hits with good flavor.
X3Xzwi6.jpg

After 8 hits, flavor is diminishing but clouds don't stop.
4fVMCDc.jpg

I decided to hit the higher temps for 9-12. Clouds were biggest for these, but because the herb is so used up at this point, it darkens quickly at higher temps and flavor hits the toasty side.
JK3F2M6.jpg

I didn't stir at all through the process.

Battery ended at 4.04

Oogendoogan

3 grams is a nice day lol. More like 2 usually.. I mean my grinder forsure holds 1 gram at least and I usually fill it up, like pretty damn full 2 to 3 times a day so idk? I can start weighing I suppose.. And don't worry about me lol or my wallet ;) I buy in bulk and save a lot of money, 2 grams a day that's 2 weeks an oz not too bad. However I have been at a high point of consumption for too long.. This milaana has really helped me go back to a log vape style of consuming so I'm using a little less in the past week. And I'm traveling from like the beginning of June to the beginning of July and vaping is damn near impossible in south east Asia lol. So hopefully when I get back my milaana and by then my VapCap will help me set a new lower pace lol.
Cheers.
@AJS i love how till this thing can give me some awesome low temp stems sometimes! Like idk about you but when I run a few stems through in one sesh I tend to forget to prime every once in a while and I'll just get a long nice low temp hit, then i just stick with it and low temp the whole bowl and it's so tasty, no real need to stir either, very nice post man! I think I need to break out the long stem for the first time and just post on the couch blowing clouds ;)

YaFreekin Right

Ah glad you got word. I need to try a Supreme3 some day... Do you have one @Stu? ;)

And because someone shared the Zion update over there, figured I might as well paste the Milaana update here since clearly not all outstanding pre orders have shipped just yet (especially the latest ones, that may have even been after wholesale orders too):

"Milaana Update

We apologize for any quality issues that escaped in the first 150 units. If you suffered failures such as the glass coming loose, dead battery or button/bottom gap issues please complete our warranty form above and return the unit to the address shown for a warranty fix. We will be supplying a free mouthpiece to cover our customers shipping cost. In fact, to reassure our customers who ordered units through the month of June we are extending a limited Lifetime Warranty. In addition, any picture of a broken mouthpiece emailed to rbtvape.service@gmail.com from the email used to place your paypal order (shipped to associated address) will be shipped a free mouthpiece through the month of June... well, because dropping one and watching it break sucks!

The production line has been down for two weeks to address quality issues uncovered with the initial units. Sanding steps have been added to improve the fit between the bottom plate and the body. Quality checks and design changes have been added to ensure no "cold heater" units, proper button alignment, improved battery door fit and finish, improved glue adhesion, improved inlet air filter, and other small cosmetic details. This will add the finishing touches to the Milaana and ensure that the quality is maintained and no repeat issues are suffered in future shipments. We appreciate all the patience with our early customers who have looked past some cosmetic issues on these early units to have a chance at being one of the first to have the RBT heater technology in your hands.

Three wholesale orders have been received and partially fulfilled to enable our retailers to have some initial units on the shelves. We expect to have all our our pre-order sales complete by the week of 7/6 at which point our two online retailers, Planet Vape and Vapor Geeks will be provide our retail sales and customer service to ensure our customers get the attention they deserve. This is a key milestone in that it dovetails with the much improved manufacturing process to ensure a quality product is delivered in a timely manner with excellent customer service and technical support.

We apologize for supplying the early units without instruction and encourage all of the existing users to read our quick manual now posted in the Milaana section

Peace and good vibes,
RBT"

And as long as I am here, this is the manual for anyone who didn't see it on the site:

The lifetime warranty was the surprise I had mentioned earlier, so even more like mflb I guess... there may be more updates to the manual as things progress I imagine, this one was tweeked with my own feedback :peace:

Instructions say 'RBT's patended heater'. Do you have the patent # to lookup?

fluffhead

Recovering Idealist
Because of you I swung over to @Ratchett 's wonderful online shop, and finally managed to snag a honeycomb holder, because I couldn't stand to see my battery caps' price get doubled due to shipping. Figured I'd kill two bowls with one hit (:lol::rofl:) and get the honeycomb holder as well to make use of the shipping cost. It'll hold my Jyarz, both stems, and all my 18650s. Should be interesting to see how it looks.

Do battery covers ONLY need to go on the positive end? I would just like to confirm this lol. Not trying to explode :)
I hope these battery covers also fit over the button. If not, no worries, I got them for the batteries anyway so now I can just hold them loose! Is it bad for two batteries to clank on each other (such as running with two in your pocket), even with the battery covers on?
Also glad these battery covers can stay on the 18mm, will be nice for capping, which I don't really do with the Milaana, but oh well!
That's awesome, ratchett has some quality work and excellent customer service. I've eyed the honeycomb holders and one might need to be part of my next order. You'll need to let us know how it all fits for you. Which size did you get?

My battery covers don't stay on the button, but evo caps don't either. I assume the evo caps would be preferable because they are shorter and would have a smaller bump out from the milaana.

I got my hemp fibre today and I find it very helpful. It will keep the stems cleaner and the particles out of my mouth. Thanks @AJS for the tip on elfwick.

OyVape

According to the update, Zion pre orderers can still purchase the Milaana with the homie hookup price. Sorta wanna sell my OG for a new production. Or have both. But I'm poor.

@AJS, where do you see this info about the "homie hookup price"? Maybe I missed it but I didn't see that included in the "progress" update on the RBT site.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
OyVape,

AJS

Calm Consistency
You'll need to let us know how it all fits for you. Which size did you get?
Got a Black Medium. Will match my Jyarz and won't catch the eye too bad.
Will definitely get pictures when it arrives of all things Milaana being stored. Already envisioning what it'll look like and it should all fit wonderfully.

Edit:
@OyVape
"In the meantime, we are offering any customer that have a Zion pre-order the option to order a Milaana at $129 (Use Zion PayPal Email to submit request to rbtvape.service@gmail.com)"

Last edited:

GTAVaper

@Stu

Hmmn, if your sig is current then I wonder what that anonymous vape might be? :suspicious:
Considering that it is in your starting lineup and all - it must be something pretty interesting ;)

Any clues? :huh:

Desktop or portable - plug-in, battery powered or torch powered?

Released, discontinued or not yet released?

Or a vape in development where you are bound by an NDA?

I've noticed that before in your signature and was kind of curious about it. Will you one day reveal this top secret vape to the world? :popcorn:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
@Stu

Hmmn, if your sig is current then I wonder what that anonymous vape might be? :suspicious:
Considering that it is in your starting lineup and all - it must be something pretty interesting ;)

Any clues? :huh:

Desktop or portable - plug-in, battery powered or torch powered?

Released, discontinued or not yet released?

Or a vape in development where you are bound by an NDA?

I've noticed that before in your signature and was kind of curious about it. Will you one day reveal this top secret vape to the world? :popcorn:
It's no secret, but it is special to me and still my daily driver. PM me if you'd like to know more, as it's pretty OT from this thread. You can see it here: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/come-now-to-celebrate-your-wood.14279/page-5#post-867580

:peace:

Bandoo

"Milaana Update

Peace and good vibes,
RBT"

Thanks for the news! :clap:Lifetime warranty great!

There is an ancient saying;

"All delays are for the good."

One word I might suggest changing in the manual, if you don't mind me saying so, is in The Quick Start Guide, in #7 where it says "drop onto the loaded mouthpiece" it probably could say ' lower onto loaded mouthpiece' in case some stoner takes it literally and drops it on maybe breaking some glass.

Awaiting here in Zion for a Milaana. :)

At least when It does come I won't be waiting for her to heat up.:myday:

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Milaana is a cordless log... extracting like no other. But, in the midst of the love fest, some of the cons are revealing themselves.
- holding the button requires focus and concentration, no mindless hitting
- rapid extraction means big rips, sometimes I wanna sip
- not knowing battery life can get frustrating
- love unregulated, but an on/off switch woulda provided safety
- my bottom fell off, it needed lots sanding, better woodworking please
- stirring, rotating to get even burn is a pain
And there are 20 pros (at least)....

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Milaana is a cordless log... extracting like no other. But, in the midst of the love fest, some of the cons are revealing themselves.
- holding the button requires focus and concentration, no mindless hitting
- rapid extraction means big rips, sometimes I wanna sip
- not knowing battery life can get frustrating
- love unregulated, but an on/off switch woulda provided safety
- my bottom fell off, it needed lots sanding, better woodworking please
- stirring, rotating to get even burn is a pain
And there are 20 pros (at least)....

All good points, especially the first. Have been a few times when I just get into the hit and end up with a little more or stronger than I intended. Working this one out, though.

Sort of the same with the second, though this is technique. After 3 weeks of regular use I can sip pretty easily, as long as I don't get really into the hit and lose track. IMO this one is as much a pro as a con. Yeah, you have to figure it out how to work the button for what you're looking for (and pay attention), but I don't know of another vape where you can decide the vapor you want so quickly and easily - even right up through mid hit if you like. For instance with most logs you have to adjust your heat and wait a couple minutes for it to stabilize there. Mi has a similar vapor signature (which I love), but is instant. The only other vape I have that can do this is the MFLB (also shares about half the cons listed here), and IMO the Mi is vastly superior to it.

buckhakeesah

Decided to take pictures of my slow low temp stem sesh of about a .05. I didn't stir once, I got solid vapor every hit, and the effects were enjoyable. Low temps still can make huge vapor, don't chase heat!

First picture is after 3 hits. First hit very little vapor, hits 2-3 very good vapor. Amazing taste all the way through.
FqAYKbh.jpg

X3Xzwi6.jpg

4fVMCDc.jpg

I decided to hit the higher temps for 9-12. Clouds were biggest for these, but because the herb is so used up at this point, it darkens quickly at higher temps and flavor hits the toasty side.
JK3F2M6.jpg

Battery ended at 4.04
how long are you holding button down for each hit?

buckhakeesah,

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help

FqAYKbh.jpg

X3Xzwi6.jpg

4fVMCDc.jpg

JK3F2M6.jpg

Battery ended at 4.04

And how long are your draws?
You said no stirring - but did you rotate the stem or didn't you touch it at all?

Great post, thanks!!:)

AJS

Calm Consistency
how long are you holding button down for each hit?
Earlier in the session quite a while. Prolly 10-15 secs for the first hit or 2 (while drawing, not just preheat). After a few hits the heater holds its risidual heat really well and you can feather more successfully.

And how long are your draws?
You said no stirring - but did you rotate the stem or didn't you touch it at all?

Great post, thanks!!:)

Well, I had to take the stem out for pictures so I imagine that rotated it on its own, lol, but I don't rotate. Pretty much never.
Draws were slow and long, but not uncomfortably long. Just as you would to get thick hits from a log. The slower, the thicker, assuming you can monitor the heat well with the trigger.

I also do something that I'm not sure other FC members do. I blow into the intake to prime. This allows you to preheat while actually moving air through the unit. It also allows you to feel the rise in heat, giving you a good judge of battery level as you feel the hot air rise against your upper lip (from the air shooting out the female end, gross). This also allows you to know if your heater still holds heat from your last session. A quick slow blow and you'll feel if there's heat inside instantly. Just gotta be careful with the rising heat if you lay on the trigger because it can get HOT. I don't think this method is recommended by anyone, and I can't vouch for its safety in the unit, although I see no issues with this. It's my favorite way to prime.
Also, it makes this vape extremely easy to turn into a bag vape. Either with a pump or just manual by mouth. Very simple.

After a few weeks you can see the lovely patina forming on the cooper. The least touched part is by the knob, holding that bright copper feel to it. Towards the end you can see the discoloration. Starting to come in a real nice pale yellow blue greenish. Gotta love natures changes!
xgIgbQL.jpg

The best pair a vape owner can hope for.
Fs0kORz.jpg

Last edited:

killick

But I like it!
@AJS Funnily enough the idea of adding an air pump to the Zion came up early in discussions, but was dismissed as a 'maybe later' thing... Now I *really* need to find the power supply for my EQ, just to run air through the RBT box set.

(a loaded EQ pumping vape through a loaded Milaana might make for a fun end to the day!)

Great prime tips, too! I can empty a stem in 2 or 3 draws with a preheated unit.

PS - I don't stir ground flower, and give the stem a bit of a rotation before each draw. Dark and even enough for me.

PPS - had like 3 draws on a fresh stem last night. The 2nd draw was really wispy... because the stem was empty... again...

:)

AJS

Calm Consistency
Emailed RBT about a broken stem and got a reply back within a few hours...with a resolution and everything. Seems like things are turning around.

Hopefully some of the negative sentiments can start to be quelled...unless he goes on a self navigated PR campaign of insanity.

Don't worry, your not the only one...lol

That's why I don't mind the one minute timer on the mighy, if that shit kept turning off on me...it's because I was too high to use it properly.

Stoner antics man...I've locked my car with keys inside the ignition TWICE since I got the milaana...trying to take a fat hit and vacate...smh
Sat there trying to milk my bubbler for a solid 12-15 seconds before realizing no battery.

Oh, and congrats on the stem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom