Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
@Bravesst Great to see you stuck with RBT and got the Milaana. Since selling my Air I'm not around that thread too much and it's nice to see you here. Always appreciated your posts - so I'm thrilled you like the Mi so much. Am sure you gonna master this one! And maybe we're gonna have a Milaana User Guide by Bravesst soon. :)

Enjoy!

vapen00b,
Reactions: KeroZen

hippogriff

I notice Wake and Vape and Vape Dr. both have some...I'm guessing it's the mesh?...in the air intake next to the stem port. Mine came with nothing in that space. Wonder what the difference is. Is the mesh there to keep particles from entering the air path?

Of course I am still waiting to be able to use mine. Ugh! Can't wait to offer up my own vid.

The build on mine is pretty solid. Button and port are both flush and tight. A very tiny, almost imperceptible evidence of sealant on the bottom of the unit but otherwise I could mistake it as a solid piece of wood. The sealant at the stem port is perfect. I see no indication of spill-over anywhere. And I have to say I kind of dig the copper contact. Got a steam punk feel to it. Cannot wait to use this baby.
Also had an early unit with no mesh in place, pushed some in. I really love the vape as is, it's such a nice list of design compromises to achieve a cohesive result, I like the story in all those processes. On mine, the machining on the main body is clearly better than on the end cap - the main body radii were cut with a better bit, looks like, probably because the end cap on my early run Milaana was made w an older process. The little bit of extra roughness matches up nicely with not-perfectly-machine-punched copper, it fulfills the promise of the earliest pictures from development. Smaller than I'd expected, too, at 1 5/16" X 2 1/4" X 3 7/16" (plus button, glass, and cap).

I dutifully vaped my Firewood and Grasshopper (both batteries) down to responsible battery storage levels and packed them away today, I want to get my Milaana technique down. I'll do a 3-way review after I've had some more time, already clear Milaana has the best flavor and strongest effects, like Grasshopper speed and clearly stronger effects than Firewood (which has a similar log vape signature). I'll miss the extra portability of the other two, can't say how many vapes I'll end up w/ in the end, but there's a lot of versatility to explore in the Milaana (just vaped my first whole nug ever, sweet).

AJS

Calm Consistency
I did four bowls from 1 battery over the course of 3 hours and the effects are pretty extreme. Low temp cruising is easy. Can ride the heat up and down like the mountains of North Carolina or you can ride it steady like the never ending roads of Arizona.

Fun fun fun.

OyVape

Oh yeah, whole nug, been trying that just now too--this is The Shit!

So interesting, this process of getting acquainted. When you consider that the battery power is constantly decreasing ever so slightly, balancing draw speed with trigger control is kind of a moving target. I'm just gonna have to get my intuitive on. Ima hafta bond with it. Do a Vulcan mind meld. Get downright psychic with this little entity!

Practice, practice, must practice....

Krazzykid

So I was doing some extensive battery testing today and managed to get 9 bowls of flower and a single concentrate hit before calling it quits. The battery was at 3.43v when I pulled it. I could have pushed it further but didn't want to as the battery voltage under load was probably dropping below minimum spec.

I was also getting into 11+ second preheat territory and didn't want to risk harming the unit.

The concentrate was the last thing I did on the battery and it was just as dense and tasty as a fresh battery. It did require a long preheat though.

Edit
Everything was through a water pipe. My screen is about halfway up the 18mm joint. 4-5 dense hits per flower bowl. Fairly high temp without any charring. RBT yellow battery.

Edit 2
I don't recommend pushing a battery this far. This was purely for :science:.

Last edited:

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
I'll do a 3-way review after I've had some more time, already clear Milaana has the best flavor and strongest effects, like Grasshopper speed and clearly stronger effects than Firewood (which has a similar log vape signature).

This is good news. I am finding that the fw3 is my most potent portable (battery) at the moment so if it is noticeably better than that, then good things are yet to come. And hopefully soon too.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Took the milaana to a bachelor party tonight and it killed shit. People were initially wowed by the mighty for its bright led and no button hit.

A select few I let try the daisy really enjoyed it.

But the popular concensus was that the Milaana was the favorite!

the odd thing is I'm more likely to combust than newbies because as soon as they get the flavor rush they lay off the button...I like my stems milky and push them.

I used an efest battery and fully charged it was good at consistent low temp hits...

Aside from the heater settings, selecting lower amp batterys might be a further step twords regulating for those who want that kind of thing.

Thanks to all the shills from @Shit Snacks and @pakalolo to @MrPeanut and @IAmKrazy2...

You all were right...this thing delivers...first class (aside from the rudimentary build quality)

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
@Tommy10 i can't understand why you are still waiting on an email. that sucks. I would have thought this international shipping lull would have provided ample time to sort out all the email confirmations and check the contact page on the website etc. I mean there can't be that many left to send out, surely.

It's been about a week since i confirmed my change of address with no further emails, if that is any consolation (which i know it isn't, but you know, informations... )

I am asuming they will all go out together and who gets theirs first from now on will depend on the postpersons.

Tommy10

Email has changed since ordering, have contacted via the website a few times within the last month or so, no reply but it is what it is! I just pray it gets sent regardless of confirmation email instead of waiting in limbo for me to reply to an email sent to an outdated email address with no reply to my update emails. Hopefully not an issue, but the lack of reply back makes the wait a little less easy.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
That would be true for most devices but the Zi and Mi have incredible peak power outputs, even comparing positively to some desktop power figures I read. It's really hard to overwhelm their heaters.

The Zion is regulated and has variable power so it's way easier to find your personal sweet spot where the temperature rise is perfectly cancelled by your particular draw speed. You can thus get a perfectly predictable temperature curve this way (either a slow rise or a flat line), and it's very organic to do the temp-stepping, almost a second nature after a few weeks of use

The Milaana is like a Zion stuck to full power, plus you have the cell voltage drop to take into account (although with the voltage sag those cells experience with that high of a load, the impact of this variation is not felt as deeply as one could imagine, the "usable" voltage in the end tends to stay in a narrow band)

You really need to modulate the power using the trigger button with the Milaana. That and preheat + draw times.

That's really a key aspect to understand to get more efficiency (in terms of battery usage I mean) For the Zion I preheat for 4 seconds, draw while holding the button for 4 or 5 seconds, then I let the button go while continuing to draw. And I clearly get a very large percentage of the vapor AFTER the trigger is released. Most of the time it just feels like it keeps pouring and pouring and I run out of breath before being able to inhale it all (residual vapor in the stem is a good indicator that you got a large hit)

Of course the exact figures are meaningless and will have to be adapted to every user. But the three phases (preheat, draw while pulsing trigger, draw with trigger released) are keys to unlock the "perfect" technique... and about the only thing you really need to know to enjoy these vapes.

What an awesome explanation, and why I know I can double battery life. Preheat, draw with trigger pressed, release and keep pulling. I found being a bit more conscious of the lung pump helps. Vapor cool, not as dry, but still need to hone in variables to avoid a bit of bad taste (overcooked).

Prediction: this will be the longest thread on FC

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
Took the milaana to a bachelor party tonight and it killed shit. People were initially wowed by the mighty for its bright led and no button hit.

A select few I let try the daisy really enjoyed it.

But the popular concensus was that the Milaana was the favorite!

the odd thing is I'm more likely to combust than newbies because as soon as they get the flavor rush they lay off the button...I like my stems milky and push them.

I used an efest battery and fully charged it was good at consistent low temp hits...

Aside from the heater settings, selecting lower amp batterys might be a further step twords regulating for those who want that kind of thing.

Thanks to all the shills from @Shit Snacks and @pakalolo to @MrPeanut and @IAmKrazy2...

You all were right...this thing delivers...first class (aside from the rudimentary build quality)

Wow, that is a great report and nice choking video too..

I value a lot your judgement on this vape.
Now it is back on my maybe list!

Obviously I will never deal with rbt direct so when/if piu or pv will have them on sale (not for a while for sure but price is higher than what i would pay at 170-200usd - rbt stated it was a 100ish vape, since than a feature was taken off to make it simplier (led), it got fatter but it doubled its price anyway) and only if build quality become decent, i will than consider supporting this company by buying its vape (I feel bad at the idea but i like good vapes)

I would like to hear more from new users about smoothness/harshness and draw control/restriction compared to a log as it is the term of comparison of this vape.

@PuffItUp did you play with your milanana? Still on board?

hackslasher

im really on the fence with this one. Have the Zion on preorder, but dam with this getting sent out so fast and these videos, really really want one. Main place it probably be used for me is the car so can anyone comment on ease of use in the car? Enjoy using the mighty but the packing and unpacking gets annoying and the constant cooking (don't like taking hits at stop lights which is when constant cooking is a big negative). So yea anyone's input in car use with this vape be super appreciated

thekarmawhore

Due to the ease of use of the stem system the Zion excells in the car , so I imagine Milaana , which uses exactly the same system is just as capable of a co pilot. I'm eagerly awaiting my first experience with an actual Milaana too, but have done the Zion- cranked-to-high approximation. I suppose Milaana won't be as stable in the cup holder.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
im really on the fence with this one. Have the Zion on preorder, but dam with this getting sent out so fast and these videos, really really want one. Main place it probably be used for me is the car so can anyone comment on ease of use in the car? Enjoy using the mighty but the packing and unpacking gets annoying and the constant cooking (don't like taking hits at stop lights which is when constant cooking is a big negative). So yea anyone's input in car use with this vape be super appreciated

Like the Mi best of anything I've used solo in the car (solo pun intended!). Two biggest advantages IMO are on demand vapor (so no cooking if you're not hitting) and it being so indiscreet. So far have mostly tested this on long daily commute home, so going lower temp and not needing to reload only a small load. Also very nice to vape up on the way out somewhere in the evening, especially if short on time to get in a good sesh before leaving the house. Seems it would do well on a longer ride and could adjust screen up to accommodate larger load. Issue here may be a desire to stir, and could be kind of tricky behind the wheel with size and form of load in stem. Quick and easy enough at a light, though. Have tried a couple techniques experimenting with a larger load. So far easiest way to mix the load up quickly with no spillage is to dump into hand using a pen cap as a tool to "stir" it out into palm of hand. Then just suck it back up into stem.

I don't really like to leave a load in the stem and stem in MI all day, so use a small jar I have for storage. Medium grind in the jar and 18mm GonG just fits in the top. Hold jar inside loose fist with stem in, suck up some ground and ready to go. One smallish/medium load usually gives me the 8 - 12 nice light tasty hits I'm looking for to chill while on my way.

I don't flaunt it in use, but am not super careful with it like I would probably be with something more "vapey" looking like I feel a mighty or others would be. I just try to use it so it looks more like an e-cig mod to anyone who catches a glance. Easy to do at a light if you stay staggered (not window to window next to anyone in adjacent lanes). After nearly daily use like this for a couple weeks or so have never even got a second look that I've noticed. And, not hard to time it so you get 3-5 second pre-heat and a good 7-10 second hit while moving. Not hard to do it all. Just make sure you pay attention to your hit so you don't accidentally get a cough inducing lung buster!

One issue to be aware of is 18650's out in a hot car. Don't think this will be an issue because Mi itself shouldn't pick up much scent. With the way you load everything in the stem, seems like any vapish smell would be there. So no need to pull battery to carry it away from car. Can drop whole Mi in my messenger bag or lunch bag without worries of smelling like a stoner in the office. Or, can pull the battery quickly and easily and take only it if you prefer.

Think it is even better for this than Zi will be, because of form factor. Certainly better here than solo and some others, for all these reasons. Still like my VapCap some for this too, and is also discrete. But, much more difficult to use, empty and reload than Mi.

UnshavenFish

Lower amp cells would be a bad thing here possibly, I haven't followed these threads much so not sure on what the minimum amps needed is but if you go under that limit (or even right upto it) it could spell disaster for the cells.

:2c: :peace:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Lower amp cells would be a bad thing here possibly, I haven't followed these threads much so not sure on what the minimum amps needed is but if you go under that limit (or even right upto it) it could spell disaster for the cells.

As long as its the battery that faces impending doom and not the milaana, im willing to sacrafice one for science.

But it being so flightbox like and all, wouldnt an underpowered cell just underpower the device?

Thats the reason depleted batteried require a longer heatup time?

But admittedly, this is all new to me.

Battery life will be the focus got 5 yellow lg he4's and a blue sony and a couple other random 18650s

@Andreaerdna with as well as the device works to get one at a lower price from RBT is the best option for now imho.

I know many (including me) dont like some of his patterns, but the man came through and made something we will all enjoy.

Dont deny yourself pleasure to make RBT suffer...i doubt it will be felt.

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
so, who opens his device up to expose that magic heater technology? or the ones that know just explain how it works, its supposedly patented right, no need to protect it...

funkyjunky,
Reactions: nondarb

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
so, who opens his device up to expose that magic heater technology? or the ones that know just explain how it works, its supposedly patented right, no need to protect it...

I would guess it's much too early (will it ever be?) to fuck up one's warranty.
It's all just the beginning - and yeah for that very good reason it's patented. ;)

But I think the heater has been discussed quite a few times to a certain detail.

Keep the reports, vids and everything Mi coming. Maybe some new recipients? Yeah, I'm looking at you Mr. Sitkowski! ;):D
Who ever ..loving this :)

The peace is coming - good times ahead
:peace:

UnshavenFish

As long as its the battery that faces impending doom and not the milaana, im willing to sacrafice one for science.

But it being so flightbox like and all, wouldnt an underpowered cell just underpower the device?

Thats the reason depleted batteried require a longer heatup time?

But admittedly, this is all new to me.

Again I'm not really up on this vape so could be wrong here but IMO it's like a flightbox with regard to technique maybe but the power sources are entirely different beasts, I would guess it's more like a mech mod with regards to the cell, so yes a lower voltage will reduce performance as its unregulated (ohms law kind of stuff) but it's the amps that are important as if the cell can't supply what's being asked of it you run the risk of the cell venting (with possibility of flames) not something I would risk with something that is held inches from my face.

I guess if using a lower rated (amps) cell you could use it at a partial charge but again this is total guess work and you would need to use ohms law to check that its not asking the cell to perform beyond its limits.

As I've said this is guess work based on assumptions so maybe someone more up on this vape can chime in to help clarify.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Yeah please all be careful, you really need 20A continuous (or above) cells. 15A could work but is very borderline, 10A and below could prove dangerous. Lithium battery fire and explosions are a real thing unfortunately. So don't take any risk, those cells are damn cheap.

So yea anyone's input in car use with this vape be super appreciated

Like @flotntoke said don't leave your cells in your car under the Sun, these chemistries just hate heat. The worse would be leaving it under the Sun then trying to use it just after.

anasrzi

Ok international orderer here so as you can probably guess I'm eagerly anticipating a email of the RBT group for tracking and general "where's my vape now" questions. If needed how do I go about contacting Sheila direct, just drop a line on the RBT site or is it a private email, anyone help?

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Ok international orderer here so as you can probably guess I'm eagerly anticipating a email of the RBT group for tracking and general "where's my vape now" questions. If needed how do I go about contacting Sheila direct, just drop a line on the RBT site or is it a private email, anyone help?
Its a private email address. Not sure what the rules on sharung them is?

WakeAndVape,
Reactions: anasrzi
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom