Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Just as another data point, I always stir in both my Zion and my Milaana. I usually fill the bowl I have created with the screen, and find that stirring allows me greater efficiency and eliminates hot spots. This is especially true when I am using water, as I tend to hit it harder and longer than using it direct so the chance of charring is greater.

It is my understanding that the production Zion manages better without needing to stir as it has more turbulence in the airflow, but I'm still on the beta so I haven't yet experienced that.

So, for Milaana users who are getting some charring, harder hitting and glass contribute to that and it should be expected. Stirring makes it manageable.

Hey....just was on the PlanetVape site and found this.....

http://www.planetvape.ca/vaporizers/rasta-buddha-tao/

It shows that they don't have stock but the pricing is already up.....although it says that is also subject to change.....probably depending on our $CAD I am guessing.

PV also has links to IAmKrazy2's YouTube videos on their site pages for a reviewed demonstration of the two units.

Just thought that I would mention it......and I'm sure that once PV gets their hands on the vape that they will probably cook up some aftermarket glass that would mate well with the Zion or Milaana

What Milaana is that?? Stir stick, intake on side?! Larger bottom cap and button moved down..

Was/Is there another beta in this style or are there changes being implemented for the new production?

Ninja Edit: An "Stainless Artisan Stir Stick" is listed as included?

Last edited:

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
What Milaana is that?? Stir stick, intake on side?! Larger bottom cap and button moved down..

Was/Is there another beta in this style or are there changes being implemented for the new production?

I think it's an old beta pic?
But as for the stir stick... That's indeed featured in the product description. Hm.. That's new to me. Has anyone received that artisan stick? I know the design has changed so there is no hole to put it in anymore..?
@no carb thanks for pointing that out. I'm sure we'll be enlightened soon! :)

Last edited:
I think it's an old beta pic?
But as for the stir stick... That's indeed featured in the product description. Hm.. That's new to me. Has anyone receive that artisan stick?
@nondarb thanks for pointing that out. I'm sure we'll be enlightened soon! :)

Iirc all the betas had a brand of some sort (hope he brings that back!). The intake on the side seems like it would be an improvement on the existing design imo.

nondarb,
Reactions: vapen00b

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I cannot wait to go home. Mi is there and I have 4 fully charged batteries ready for her. Even though I only need one at a time. I am fortunate to have many great strains on hand right now. This is the best timing for her to come. I currently have 7 great flower strains- Sour Diesel, U2, Pineapple, Afgoo, Blue Dream, Purple Rain and Purple Urkle. On top of that, I can't wait to try out PureGold (http://www.tetralabs.com/ca/puregold) on the concentrate screen stuff that RBT supplies with the Milaana.

If at some point I go unresponsive around here, you should know why!

vapen00b

Iirc all the betas had a brand of some sort (hope he brings that back!). The intake on the side seems like it would be an improvement on the existing design imo.
Actually IIRC it is/was not an intake but a led hole... There was the intention to have a power light when pressing the button. If you put the battery upside down you could "switch" it off and be in stealth mode. but that was discarded finally...

Actually IIRC it is/was not an intake but a led hole... There was the intention to have a power light when pressing the button. If you put the battery upside down you could "switch" it off and be in stealth mode. but that as discarded

The LED was initially inside the vapor path to illuminate the vapor.

The stir stick occupies the space where it appears the intake is on the units going out.

nondarb,
Reactions: vapen00b

vapen00b

The LED was initially inside the vapor path to illuminate the vapor.

The stir stick occupies the space where it appears the intake is on the units going out.

Oh yeah, you're right about the LED. Well, it doesn't matter anymore anyway - but it showed me my aging brain is playing tricks on me . Thanks for refreshing ;)

vapen00b,
Reactions: nondarb

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

That photo is an old 14mm alpha prototype, the side hole is the old air intake, now air intake is where a stirrer used to be able to go. Plus its 18mm now, very different, planetvape will be getting an actual Milaana to have updated photos very soon. Only MrP and Pak's Milaana betas (alphas?) had a brand, their creation also coincided with the naming and final product design direction. I wish I had the new RBT logo branded on mine, maybe some day they will be included for production...

Congratulations @nosmoking! Very happy for ya brother, looking forward to your thoughts

AJS

Calm Consistency
I cannot wait to go home. Mi is there and I have 4 fully charged batteries ready for her. Even though I only need one at a time. I am fortunate to have many great strains on hand right now. This is the best timing for her to come. I currently have 7 great flower strains- Sour Diesel, U2, Pineapple, Afgoo, Blue Dream, Purple Rain and Purple Urkle. On top of that, I can't wait to try out PureGold (http://www.tetralabs.com/ca/puregold) on the concentrate screen stuff that RBT supplies with the Milaana.

If at some point I go unresponsive around here, you should know why!
I'm so jealous. I have some wonderfully frosty green goodness that's been extremely pleasant through my vapman, but...get this, hahaha...My family and grandparents and everyone else possible is coming into town for mother's day, so testing will be reserved 'til the depths of the night.

Don't worry, I'll join you on the unresponsive train. Toot Toot!

tblast

WOW!! My Milaana came today! I ordered this thing less than 6 days ago, so to call me SHOCKED would be a massive understatement!! For all the talk about "customer service" I'd just like to say that my experience with RBT was phenomenal.

First impressions: It's a little bulkier than I expected, but not too big. When I hold it in my left hand, the button falls around the base of my pink. The button has a satisfying click (I'm definitely gonna combust in this thing LOL, fun to push). My guess is there is enough resistance to prevent it from depressing in my pocket, but only time will tell.

Anyway, onto more important things... testing!

The copper colored swinging battery lid has a slight upward bend to it, which makes it difficult to secure in place when a battery isn't loaded. It holds better with a battery inside. The stems are heftier than I'm used to--I've never had a vape that uses an 18mm stem. The Arizer Solo stem's shaft can fit inside the Milaana's stem's shaft :brow:. I've also used the Hammer Vaporizer, which has an even more narrow stem than the Solo does. The Mi stems feel sturdier than either the Solo's or the Hammer's. The short stem fits in the battery case (it was shipped that way), which I foresee being handy.

It also came with a yellow LG HE4 18650 battery, a wooden poker stick, 2 stems (short and long), and a tiny ziploc filled with some screens and some other metal stuff that I can't identify, but I assume goes in the hole next to the 18mm female joint.

I wanted to try it first with the long stem. The short stem came with a screen pre-inserted with the dome of the screen facing the male 18mm connection, so I figured I'd try the long stem with the dome of the screen facing the other way, toward the mouth area of the stem. It was not easy to get the screen in the first time, but once it was in, it was firmly set in place. I wanted the screen set shallow, a similar distance to the Hammer stems I am used to using. The dome of the screen maybe half an inch from the end of the male joint. I wanted a similar distance to the Hammer stems I'm used to using.

I had a charged battery (an older one, not RBTs) so I tried out the unit while the yellow battery charged.

I wanted to see if I could recreate my routine with the Hammer: Blast the heater on high, then start drawing early in the heating cycle, so that the first hit is a low cloud flavor blast. Then on the second hit, while the device is heat soaked, i'd blast the heater again, and ideally extract the rest of the load. I use very small loads, maybe .05, maybe less.

I loaded up some Jack Herer, and my very first hit was incredible. I blasted the heated, waited maybe 2 seconds, then took a long slow draw. Barely visible clouds, but tons of flavor. Very similar to a great hit from the Hammer, but with no noise, no butane smell, and in much less time.

Before my Second hit I stirred the load using a wooden match, trying the get the greenest area in the middle. Then I held the heater for maybe 5 seconds while preheating, released briefly, then re-held the button again the entire time i was drawing. I was happy with the level of extraction, but it wasn't dark brown like I was used to after a second hit with the Hammer. However the Hammer would take like 35 seconds of loud preheat time to get to that level, so maybe I just needed to heat more.

I put 3 more micro loads through the thing improved my results every time. This was especially true between the second and the third loads, turns out my nearly 3 year old Sony VTC3 is a much crappier cell than the new LG cell. With the new battery I was able to get serious clouds. And only once did I find a hit to be on the harsh side.

I haven't been able to test it with water yet, I don't have the correct size male to male. I'm gonna check out some head shops a bit later, see if I can find anything.

Overall I'm very excited about this thing. I think my friends will like it and I'm excited to share it with them, even though they usually prefer G pens and concentrates to herb vapes. I paid $169 + $17 shipping (which took 1 day, as I live very close to where it was shipped from) and as of 4 bowls, I think that price is more than fair. I'll gain much more perspective later I'm sure, but for now, those are my thoughts.

AJS

Calm Consistency
WOW!! My Milaana came today! I ordered this thing less than 6 days ago, so to call me SHOCKED would be a massive understatement!! For all the talk about "customer service" I'd just like to say that my experience with RBT was phenomenal.
That's the issue...people who've ordered 6 months ago still don't have theirs. I think the talk about "customer service" can continue until everyone has theirs. Also because they lost my friend's order as well, and a few others. Don't get me wrong, it's all worked out, everything will come as it should, buuuuuuuuuuut...definitely still some kinks in their system. :horse: Dead horse, yadda yadda, I know.

Sheila is phenomenal by the way, love her and how she communicates.

Glad your unit is treating you well, and happy you are enjoying it so much. That's promising.

bukster

I just wanted to say I'm blown away by this little device :whoa:, my Lotus has been sitting on the bench for the past few days... guess is all about the simplicity and efficiency. two batteries on rotation will keep up the job, still got more experimenting to do :haw::freak::science:

Shit Snacks

Nice! Good to see happy new users...

Yes CS shipping wise will improve when we are out of pre order, presumably then everyone will receive the same standard of service, shipped in order etc.

@tblast that extra mesh is indeed the air intake filter, but also used to hold concentrates for vaping as well

Shit Snacks

Is that little buggers rear end?!? Don't reckon I've seen its back.

That new RBT logo does look good, I think branding would look great. Did @thekarmawhore come up with it?

As far as I know it's all RBT actually (maybe some input from MrP though)

Maybe @pakalolo can show off his Milaana alpha alongside little bugger to compare...

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I have only two bowls so far and I can already say the Mi is exactly what I wanted. First bowl was unground Purple Rain. Second bowl was medium-coarse ground U2. Can't get into further details now, I want more and I am already feeling so damn good!

vapen00b

You guys are killing me... Raving reviews, shipment within 6 days..
What more can I do to not feel like an unwanted child trying to party with the big boys (for more than 8 months)? Rhetorical, I know, I know - that's what I do: waiting for the Zion train :p someday it will pick me up and grant me all area access :rockon:

Enjoy yours and keep the reviews coming (is this masochistic?) :D

Edit: @mephisto I feel ya... Let's share the pain, so we're in good company. I know some more guys, so we'll have our own private party ;)

As far as I know it's all RBT actually (maybe some input from MrP though)

Maybe @pakalolo can show off his Milaana alpha alongside little bugger to compare...

I had to go back and do some double checking, I'd forgotten about the post alpha pre beta model that came after little bugger. I had thought RBT had already settled on 18mm by then, Its official Pak gets all the cool shit.

I'm ready for Mi to head on back home!

grokit

well-worn member
That's the issue...people who've ordered 6 months ago still don't have theirs.

You guys are killing me... Raving reviews, shipment within 6 days..
It's starting to seem to me like rbt is trying to make some kind of point here.
Because it would be quite difficult to randomly fuck this up so much.
:suspicious:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom