Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After using the newer Milaana since I received it and then trying my original just now the difference really is night and day. I already loved the Milaana but now I can without any hesitation say it is my favorite vaporizer (not just portable) on the market. THIS is what I originally thought (and hoped) the Milaana would be like.

With Milaana #2 I can get 2-3 times the vapor in about a third of the time of Milaana #1. Not sure why, but the new one also tastes significantly better. Finally feel like I've got the portable LSV I always wanted.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Has anyone with multiple Mi's tested their resistance to determine the heater tuning? Got 3 Mis myself and they dont seem to be different - which would be odd in a way, cause they're different batches and revisions.

HerbieVonVapster

Has anyone sent in their Milaana for warranty service? I really want to send my cold unit in now but I'm afraid I won't get it back for a year if I do.

Recently sent mine in for broken glass took 2 weeks. I ended up missing it enough to buy a backup from 420EDC. His Milaana price included a battery charger and battery so wasn't a bad deal. I can't wait to try out his new stem and top hats.

One thing I am kinda confused on. Both my Milaana came with paper saying they have a lifetime warranty. When I go to the RBT site says units covered prorated for 3 years? Not sure what to make of this.

Milaana really become my in home favorite. Finding even with my large vaporizer collection it gets used 80% of the time when at home. The glass parts kinda love hate for me. Love the wide open hits, easy clean and connection options of glass.
Hate that kinda takes some of the portable factor away for me.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Recently sent mine in for broken glass took 2 weeks. I ended up missing it enough to buy a backup from 420EDC. His Milaana price included a battery charger and battery so wasn't a bad deal. I can't wait to try out his new stem and top hats.

One thing I am kinda confused on. Both my Milaana came with paper saying they have a lifetime warranty. When I go to the RBT site says units covered prorated for 3 years? Not sure what to make of this.

Milaana really become my in home favorite. Finding even with my large vaporizer collection it gets used 80% of the time when at home. The glass parts kinda love hate for me. Love the wide open hits, easy clean and connection options of glass.
Hate that kinda takes some of the portable factor away for me.

The lifetime warranty was a limited thing for early adopters that was extended for a bit, if your manual says it, you got it. The latest manual (that was partly posted here earlier) will be saying 3 years I believe. Should still be repairable after that, just at a cost I'd imagine.

HerbieVonVapster

The lifetime warranty was a limited thing for early adopters that was extended for a bit, if your manual says it, you got it. The latest manual (that was partly posted here earlier) will be saying 3 years I believe. Should still be repairable after that, just at a cost I'd imagine.

Awesome that means both mine have the lifetime warranty. Hopefully I can just avoid breaking the glass.

MonkeyTime

Ok, I've been putting this thing (now named Betty) thru her paces and decided I'll keep her. Ok, actually, I may sell my GH and buy another just cuz.

What I've noticed more than anything is that the experience is personal. Maybe I need to broaden my experience range with different vapes, but this one has taken on a completely different aspect for me.

With most vapes, after using them a little, I'm measuring bowl sizes, heat up times, number of bowls per battery.....etc.

With Betty, I'm swapping batteries at about 3.7v on average, a few still as full as 3.9. I could care less how many bowls I'm getting, or how big they were. I've paid attention to nothing except how I'm hitting it or how I intend to hit it.

I've had no problems getting clouds or softly milking it hit after hit. I'm completely comfortable with what I'm extracting, after a few bowls I threw the load into my Evo to check and got next to nothing at noon and whispy vapor around 3, they were spent!

In a very short amount of time I've come to trust, respect and enjoy Betty and I'm very happy with my selection. Big thanks out to @WakeAndVape and @IAmKrazy2 for all the videos that helped convince me to order one of these things.

We may not be living like the Jettsons yet, but shit, I can get a pure convection hit going in seconds!

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Wood stems are in my near future!!!!!

Thanks @Alan , looking fwd to compact wood stems for stealth, portability, taste.

I am discovering something on stems.
Some don't seat as deep, meaning glass further from oven screen. I like to pack like .08 with a mm or two from stem edge. Usually, on a seated stem, my load will cook evenly, not much stirring, pretty dry, dark, dusty ABV. The extra distance is a heat barrier that is leaving the stem environment gummy. I either ditch the stem, or load closer to tip. My best stems seat deep, flush.

This does create a dirtier screen, draw restriction, and a need to stir a lot.

b0

Cloudy...
With most vapes, after using them a little, I'm measuring bowl sizes, heat up times, number of bowls per battery.....etc.

With Betty, I'm swapping batteries at about 3.7v on average, a few still as full as 3.9. I could care less how many bowls I'm getting, or how big they were. I've paid attention to nothing except how I'm hitting it or how I intend to hit it.

I've had no problems getting clouds or softly milking it hit after hit. I'm completely comfortable with what I'm extracting, after a few bowls I threw the load into my Evo to check and got next to nothing at noon and whispy vapor around 3, they were spent!

In a very short amount of time I've come to trust, respect and enjoy Betty and I'm very happy with my selection. Big thanks out to @WakeAndVape and @IAmKrazy2 for all the videos that helped convince me to order one of these things.

We may not be living like the Jettsons yet, but shit, I can get a pure convection hit going in seconds!

I'm feeling exactly the same!! Every single time I heard about a portable vapexhale I was expecting somehting like this but regulated (that's called a Zion, right? ) but after trying this vape I can't care less about regulated or not. I have my own ritual right now: Small nug in and a couple low temp hits, turn nug and a couple more hits. Shred the nug and put it back, a couple of clouds, stirring and another couple of clouds, repeat if necesary. :freak:

Is so quick and easy, that I find myself sometimes just changing the battery after a single big bowl to enjoy the next one with a fresh battery. And thats another thing I love: when you get the hold of it, you can make big bowls, small ones, whole nug, any grind, low temp, high temp... This vape is amazing!

And the availability, price and how easy is to find 18650's makes this vape even better. Forget about expensive (sometimes shitty) weird batteries that some other vapes use. Just swap a new one in 3 seconds and you good to go!

Regulate will make it easier for sharing with other people but as long as I'm concerned, this vape it's my personal one and I don't need it regulated. The gf loves the EVO and the FF2, much user friendly. In fact I'm gonna keep the FF2 just for her, if not I would sell it...

I'm so happy to have bought this one, thanks to everyone that posted reviews, technics, videos or any info here. I didn't know shit about this vape and totally love it now!! I owe you guys:bowdown:

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Ok, I've been putting this thing (now named Betty) thru her paces and decided I'll keep her.

Couldn't resist :D

I have my own ritual right now: Small nug in and a couple low temp hits, turn nug and a couple more hits. Shred the nug and put it back, a couple of clouds, stirring and another couple of clouds, repeat if necesary. :freak:

Oh yeah, dude. I love that ritual. Lately, I only take this route with every vape I have. It's a wonderfully conserving and freaking tasty 3-stop magic trip: Terpville, Flavortown, Cloudcity. A damn fine round trip to bowl no. 2 :rockon::tup:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
For me, this vape (and its big brother) is what feels closest to smoking a fatty... without the smoke part of course! But by fatty, I mean a Kingston Bob or a blunt, not a stick! It's fuckin' strong in effects, almost too much at times.

I think @stickstones coined the term "full bodied hits" and I like it. I still enjoy some of my session conduction vapes, as there are situations where I prefer a softer and longer session with less smelly cloudage (ex: while working and generally during the day) but in comparison they feel like smoking a cigarette.

But tbh, nearly all vapes from my signature are gathering dust... I'm supposed to produce some reviews for a few vapes and I'm not even curious to test them really... a shame I know but that the "reach test" in practice (another term coined by @stickstones heh)

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I think @stickstones coined the term "full bodied hits" and I like it. I still enjoy some of my session conduction vapes, as there are situations where I prefer a softer and longer session with less smelly cloudage (ex: while working and generally during the day) but in comparison they feel like smoking a cigarette.

But tbh, nearly all vapes from my signature are gathering dust... I'm supposed to produce some reviews for a few vapes and I'm not even curious to test them really... a shame I know but that the "reach test" in practice (another term coined by @stickstones heh)

You can send $5 to my paypal!

HerbieVonVapster

Wood stems are in my near future!!!!!

Thanks @Alan , looking fwd to compact wood stems for stealth, portability, taste.

Awesome Alan sent me pic's of them can't wait to try one out. Between them and the new stems from 420EDC should be a set on stems.

Thinking too that the wood stems might decrease the chance of accidentally breaking the inner glass?

But tbh, nearly all vapes from my signature are gathering dust...

Yeah almost to that point. I use the Milaana 80% of the time at home. Only other vaporizer getting much use at home is the FF2. Still using ESV Grasshopper and Pax2 outside the house.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Has anyone sent in their Milaana for warranty service? I really want to send my cold unit in now but I'm afraid I won't get it back for a year if I do.

Sent my cold unit in. It took around 3 weeks and I got a shiny new one with the recessed glass for the wait. It's ALMOST as hot as my first milaana, that thing is still the hottest one I have hit but this is very close. It seems like they are getting much more consistent as you would expect after building a few hundred of those heaters.

I rotate vapes so I don't use this everyday but it is still in my top 3 portables even if you count the butane vapes! That's really saying something with this collection.

Philreal187

I have come to the conclusion my milaana is definitely a cooler unit as well. What I find positive about that is I can pass it to friends with zero vape experience and they have no problem getting awesome rips without combustion! My batteries are about 3 sessions and I'm pretty consistently at about 3.7 give or take. With three batteries thats about 9 quality sessions and more than enough for my usage.

I am curious those with cool units that do send it in how they like it compared to how it was before? Maybe once I get the zion I can send mine in for a check up but I would hate to lose my stained body though.

Has anyone that has a zion pre-order got more than one milaana at the at $129 price? I didn't know if that was only for one unit or as many as you would like until the zion rolls out.

My milaana actually put my ud into semi retirement! :o I unplugged it for the first time in months because it just wasn't getting used to justify the wear and tear. This was something I never seen coming bc my dogg was by far the top tier vape in my collection.

ZC

@Philreal187 I'd it's working for you I'd hang onto it until you get the site rather than sending it back and being without.

My logs are rarely used now too. Maybe once every two weeks? Honestly I only use my non-milaana Vapes every once in a while for varieties sake. Though I do pick up the lotus more often when I want a quick hit and I've been lazy with charging batteries.

Freshly sanded with a beeswax orange oil mix applied.

QHRsNe.jpg

F9JSZL.jpg

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I'm finding Mi to pair nicely with my Brick JR, as my daily driver duo (DDD). They both scratch just the right itch for me, while being top notch on demand convection.

Mi features simple, almost instinctual one hand, vape anywhere control, in a stealthy ass session. Mi can rip or sip for days. JR might be a bit less stealthy, cash a load a bit quicker, but for a couch side, or end table vape, it's very practical and quite a pleasure to hold and use, as well as slams you in the face just like Mi. Both taste great, and have raised the bar on what people expect from portables.

Mi can be tough to teach for some, having another option that hits as hard is nice.

Great combination and I can honestly say for the first time in 3 years.... I do not want another Vape (well Zion doesn't count).

Also, stem tesing continues.
I'm am beginning to suspect stem tolerances play a bigger role in performance than I thought. Regardless of length, just dealing with the frosted joint, some stems will seat flush, no frosted glass showing. The stem, and joint are the exact same lengths. What different is the tapered joint angle or diameter that allows a more complete insertion, bringing glass closer to heater screen. This subsequently brings load closer to heat even if not fully packed, and vice versa, which reduces performance in that the the vaporization is gummier, more fouled up, gooey ABV, DRAW RESTRICTION, endless stirring to remedy.

Check your stems for the best seat, give it a try. Screen placement is also a factor, but less so with a tight stem.

Last edited:
Fuck. My dad knocked my Milaana off my couch with the stem in and the female glass broke. First Milaana sent to be repaired, Grasshopper sent to be repaired, and now 2nd Milaana will go off for repair tomorrow. This sucks.

What have people been charged for female glass replacement?

Last edited:
Skywalker OG,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom