Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I went thru all sorts of harshness issues. In the end I could irritate my throat with long stems just as much as short, albeit not as easily. It came down to technique to keep things cool, as the overriding element.

Pull slowly, sensing heat / vapor. Let heat sit in stem, soaking herb. Be ready to release button, or at least feather as soon as heat is sensed. KEEP PULLING. This works even better when unit is nice and hot.

The advantage of the short stem is instant feedback, allowing a more timely adjustment of draw and button depression. Harsh means you pressed too long, or drew too fast or too long. Combustion means you did both. Be careful with fresh batteries!

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Sorry man been busy. I didn't get many submissions but I'll see what I can do when I have time.
Gonna try to put that to video and keep under 5 or 6 minutes.

UPDATE on LG batts
Since the negative mention of LG yellow, I retested. First cell 3 stems, felt underwhelmed, second cell going strong on stem 3, sipping and ripping away, I bet it lasts at least one more. Unit hotter at insertion of cell 2 than 1.

Wonder if hot unit is reason for increased efficiency, or if one battery is weak. I surmise it is the ability to pull with the bottun released that does the most. Going to rerun test tomorrow and reverse batts.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I went thru all sorts of harshness issues. In the end I could irritate my throat with long stems just as much as short, albeit not as easily. It came down to technique to keep things cool, as the overriding element.

Pull slowly, sensing heat / vapor. Let heat sit in stem, soaking herb. Be ready to release button, or at least feather as soon as heat is sensed. KEEP PULLING. This works even better when unit is nice and hot.

The advantage of the short stem is instant feedback, allowing a more timely adjustment of draw and button depression. Harsh means you pressed too long, or drew too fast or too long. Combustion means you did both. Be careful with fresh batteries!

:nod: it's such a manual technique driven vape, sure it works regardless, but the best experience comes with practice really

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
Oops. Looks like you combusted on that second hit. When the glass turned yellow you were getting smoke, or at least it looked like that. :)

hahaaaaa... fess up!

So I'm kind of getting the hang of it more.

Noticing I'm having to pack more than I'm used to to get the best performance out of it. Stirring and retamping at least 2-3 times a stem.

Hard for me to find the balance to get monster hits and maintain flavor. Was beginning to think the lasting flavor comments were a myth after getting popcorn off a puff or two. Taking smaller hits has me seeing the long lasting flavor, but not really getting the lung busting volume I'd like. The tight rope might be a little thinner than I expected, but I'm sort of starting to get a sense of it and begin to walk though. But shakey.

Mmmmmm Shakey's

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
...... So I'm kind of getting the hang of it more.

Noticing I'm having to pack more than I'm used to to get the best performance out of it. Stirring and retamping at least 2-3 times a stem.

Hard for me to find the balance to get monster hits and maintain flavor. Was beginning to think the lasting flavor comments were a myth after getting popcorn off a puff or two. Taking smaller hits has me seeing the long lasting flavor, but not really getting the lung busting volume I'd like. The tight rope might be a little thinner than I expected, but I'm sort of starting to get a sense of it and begin to walk though. But shakey.

Mmmmmm Shakey's

Yeah... I find I have to load a little more than I'm used to, too. She's pretty frugal, but she ain't no nano!

Just takes a little more practice to dial in because regulation of heat is on you and your finger, and it is a constantly moving target with battery power. Not too hard to get with some practice, and once you figure it out with your usage you can own the whole process easily. Well.... as long as you can pay attention. But, that's a whole different issue because Milaana will definitely stone your ass!

Last edited:

Philreal187

She is back in black!

lIeyjhZ.jpg

After doing about 4 coats of the homemade stain I realized I wasn't going to get the dark color I wanted without hitting it with sand paper.

So I went out and got some 220 grit sand paper and started lightly sanding. I was able to blend the colors a bit and highlight all the corner lines, that was unintentional but I liked it so just went with that theme. The Milaana really took on the distressed look well in my opinion, so instead of hitting it with more stain I went for the wax.

71JSkoz.jpg

c0heAIG.jpg

E6sNO1D.jpg

The only part I didn't really like was that ring around the glass. I have to assume that it was adhesive used with the glass that was sealing that wood preventing anything from being absorbed.

HbCNMzF.jpg

This feels like a growing project and maybe after a few months maybe I will give the sanding and staining a second try to get the dark color I was looking for initially. Over all I am happy with the out come and had fun experimenting with this stain!

I used a little balsamic and apple cider vinegar, then mostly white wine vinegar with one cheap sos pad from under the sink thoroughly washed so no soap was left. I let that sit for about 36 hours total while shaking around every few hours here and there. I also brewed a concentrated tea from random loose leaf black teas. I was prepping my milaana by putting a coat of the tea and letting the wood absorb the tannins. After 4 tea coatings I went for the stain. It dyed light grey, so next I went tea, stain, and tea combo and it was starting to darken up nicely. After another two lighter touch up coats it was maxed out at a darker grey with the bottom almost black.

Izbk5IK.jpg

hVTe26N.jpg

6nbkDcX.jpg

gOOjIM1.jpg

5D7AItX.jpg

NnJLv2i.jpg

I didn't get pictures of it at all the stages especially the last few because it was later at night and I forgot. But it was a shade or two darker grey than the photos. I definitely have some more experimenting ahead and learned a lot from phase one!

:peace:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
She is back in black!

lIeyjhZ.jpg

After doing about 4 coats of the homemade stain I realized I wasn't going to get the dark color I wanted without hitting it with sand paper.

So I went out and got some 220 grit sand paper and started lightly sanding. I was able to blend the colors a bit and highlight all the corner lines, that was unintentional but I liked it so just went with that theme. The Milaana really took on the distressed look well in my opinion, so instead of hitting it with more stain I went for the wax.

71JSkoz.jpg

c0heAIG.jpg

E6sNO1D.jpg

The only part I didn't really like was that ring around the glass. I have to assume that it was adhesive used with the glass that was sealing that wood preventing anything from being absorbed.

HbCNMzF.jpg

This feels like a growing project and maybe after a few months maybe I will give the sanding and staining a second try to get the dark color I was looking for initially. Over all I am happy with the out come and had fun experimenting with this stain!

I used a little balsamic and apple cider vinegar, then mostly white wine vinegar with one cheap sos pad from under the sink thoroughly washed so no soap was left. I let that sit for about 36 hours total while shaking around every few hours here and there. I also brewed a concentrated tea from random loose leaf black teas. I was prepping my milaana by putting a coat of the tea and letting the wood absorb the tannins. After 4 tea coatings I went for the stain. It dyed light grey, so next I went tea, stain, and tea combo and it was starting to darken up nicely. After another two lighter touch up coats it was maxed out at a darker grey with the bottom almost black.

Izbk5IK.jpg

hVTe26N.jpg

6nbkDcX.jpg

gOOjIM1.jpg

5D7AItX.jpg

NnJLv2i.jpg

I didn't get pictures of it at all the stages especially the last few because it was later at night and I forgot. But it was a shade or two darker grey than the photos. I definitely have some more experimenting ahead and learned a lot from phase one!

That is fucking NICE!! Don't know if I'm happy I saw it, though. My Mi's look so naked now!

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
She is back in black!

lIeyjhZ.jpg

71JSkoz.jpg

c0heAIG.jpg

E6sNO1D.jpg

HbCNMzF.jpg

Izbk5IK.jpg

hVTe26N.jpg

6nbkDcX.jpg

gOOjIM1.jpg

5D7AItX.jpg

NnJLv2i.jpg

Badass personalization bro!:tup:

GTAVaper

New Sony VTC6 18650 3100mAh 20A Flat Top
Gonna have to get me a pair and see how they are, maybe more.

I just stumbled across these today after an email alert from IMRBatteries.com and found a couple of webpages about these that are VERY promising. But when I came onto the forum to report on them, you had already beat me to it.

These MAY perform even better than the VTC 5's by carrying higher voltages longer (even though less rated in A's) but with the capacity of a 3000 mAh cell.

What is noteworthy is that they stay at a higher voltage for longer than the 30Q's and the HG2's .....and according to the tester they are really pretty much 20A batteries as the capacity has been purposely underrated by Sony

A couple of references, but now who will be the guinea pig to try these out first?

http://reasonablevapes.com/sony-vtc6-18650-batteries/

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...-vs-samsung-30q-vs-sony-vtc6-shootout.757553/

AJS

Calm Consistency
Taking smaller hits has me seeing the long lasting flavor, but not really getting the lung busting volume I'd like. The tight rope might be a little thinner than I expected, but I'm sort of starting to get a sense of it and begin to walk though. But shakey.
It's only thin because of the stage you are at. Granted, it's not the MOST forgiving vape, but i have no issue differentiating between low, med, or high, at any point of time I want, in an instant. It just comes with time, some more than others.

I made a post a whiiiiile ago, describing how I found a good balance, with the them...something along the lines of... "low temp doesn't have to mean wispy..." or "who said low temps can't produce thick clouds".
I can keep the temp low and fill my lungs with a huge hit, and the abv will prove the low temp as well. Through water this is more difficult. You're relying much more on residual heat, easier to monitor with the small stem. Your first hit should produce very little vapor but nice clean flavor, and if you keep your temp similar to that first hit throughout, with long inhales, the vapor starts pumping out on lower temps as the herb dries out and gets hotter, and the heater holds residual heat more consistently. Consider practicing with a phone flashlight (that nice while light) up against your stem in a darkish or just low lit room. Keep the temp low enough to just see vapor pulling through the stem.
I find the easiest way is very slow inhale with much pulsing, as opposed to a faster inhale with less pulsing. The slower pull seems to achieve any effect I want more consistently...there's just less variables to keep track of sometimes.

On that note...I'm going to head outside for a low temp sesh, thanks for the reminder.

I always try to start off low, but I always end up getting greedy...sometimes mid hit, heheh

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Low temp can still mean big clouds. I find that i am less interested in the visual of clouds, even though visual feedback is nice. What is really important to me is the sensation of "volume of vapor" in my mouth / lungs. This can be achieved with eyes closed, just to prove a point, but not necessary. The effect and taste will be right behind the thickness of vapor, even if clouds don't seem huge, as long as they feel thick and dense as you inhale. You'd be surprised at the visual if you just back lit the exhalation with a flashlight.

Hit slow, let heat soak the bowl, no heat hits mouth yet, release or feather when taste starts to expand in your mouth, keep pulling. Stems gets hot, but loses back end harshness if you reduce heat before the vapor floods the throat.

What's nice is you control the entire process.

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
These MAY perform even better than the VTC 5's by carrying higher voltages longer (even though less rated in A's) but with the capacity of a 3000 mAh cell.

What is noteworthy is that they stay at a higher voltage for longer than the 30Q's and the HG2's .....and according to the tester they are really pretty much 20A batteries as the capacity has been purposely underrated by Sony
Funny thing is that after I posted, I went back to IMR and the A rating was changed from 20A to 15A on the listing.

DocGonzo

I never feather the trigger on mine. I have to hold the button for a long while to get the high temp hits I'm after, and I often keep it held between hits while I exhale so the heat isn't lost. I'm not sure I could combust if I wanted to. Still need to play with it more through water, so maybe I could going that route.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom