Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

grokit

well-worn member
Probably not, you're not alone, pre orders are still being fulfilled, others haven't heard confirmation or had delivery yet either (if your address never changed yours may even still arrive from last week's no notification shipments, check with @nosmoking) Should hear something soon grok, keep us posted!
I checked a couple of times and nothing appears to be heading my way. Moreover that's what I mean, pre orders from last month are reportedly being fulfilled and mine was from six months ago so wtf :disgust:

edit: My confirmed paypal address is a rural mailbox that ups doesn't deliver to, and they charge extra to my state anyways where the post office doesn't have these issues. Yet not even a street address request.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I checked a couple of times and nothing appears to be heading my way. Moreover that's what I mean, pre orders from last month are reportedly being fulfilled and mine was from six months ago so wtf :disgust:

edit: My confirmed paypal address is a rural mailbox that ups doesn't deliver to, and they charge extra to my state anyways where the post office doesn't have these issues. Yet not even a street address request.

Ah so maybe that was a complication? I gave him a heads up for you and any others concerned about out of order confirmations. It should all get sorted out and everyone should get their Milaanas soon, the new CS could just have a lot to do. Hang in there man

Tommy10

oof that sucks Tommy, hope you get it sorted out, I remember you saying you ordered one way back when over here...

Also to anyone interested, I think RBT will be switching the store to wholesale only in a week or so, at which point you will have to wait for planetvape (likely some other online retailers too) or find it in upper East coast head shops... $169 is still a great price imo and you will probably receive it sooner too, so if interested get in while the gettins good :2c::peace:

I went through the motions I know this much, Just can't find it anywhere on PayPal. Anyone know if pre orders may have been a straight credit card payment.

Edit: found it in the bank, $180 AUD, 24th September 2015... Woooop!!!

tblast

So I finally purchased the Milaana (been a Zion preorder since August and VAS just got me). Can't wait. One small hitch, it's been about half an hour and I haven't gotten an email confirmation. My card was billed and I have a screenshot of the paypal receipt, but I still haven't gotten an email. Am I just being impatient, or some weird glitch?

Shit Snacks

So I finally purchased the Milaana (been a Zion preorder since August and VAS just got me). Can't wait. One small hitch, it's been about half an hour and I haven't gotten an email confirmation. My card was billed and I have a screenshot of the paypal receipt, but I still haven't gotten an email. Am I just being impatient, or some weird glitch?

PayPal confirmation you mean? Just give it a day or two maybe, sometimes things stay in processing for a bit afterwards

Bizkat

I'm stoked...Milaana Order Status e-mail from Sheila arrived today! :rockon::rockon::rockon:

So I'm looking for opinions in terms of adding accessories to the order. @Shit Snacks mentioned RBT store might be closing for a short period so I don't want to be in need of something.

Do you think one long and one short stem is enough to begin? Maybe get a safety- or an extra one of each? Are you loading up extra stems regularly?

This is my first battery vape. Maybe I might save myself the hassle of finding correct batteries elsewhere and get an extra pair from RBT?

Oh yeah...I have a Zion coming...well not right now but eventually. Did I say I was excited? :clap:

HD Springer

@Bizkat I'd say get a couple extra stems(they roll so smoothly right off your counter or table). To be 100% honest I don't use the longer stems in the mi. The short stem is awesome in the mi. IMO.
Ok so my grandma friend had a go of it with the mi last night. All I had was the short stem and her first response was "wow, that's smooth". No gas passed from anyone's ass this time. We ran 3 stems through the mi back to back to back. I know that she like the punch to the face the Zion is capable of delivering but she loves the simplicity of the smooth hit the mi gives.

Shit Snacks

I'm stoked...Milaana Order Status e-mail from Sheila arrived today! :rockon::rockon::rockon:

So I'm looking for opinions in terms of adding accessories to the order. @Shit Snacks mentioned RBT store might be closing for a short period so I don't want to be in need of something.

Do you think one long and one short stem is enough to begin? Maybe get a safety- or an extra one of each? Are you loading up extra stems regularly?

This is my first battery vape. Maybe I might save myself the hassle of finding correct batteries elsewhere and get an extra pair from RBT?

Oh yeah...I have a Zion coming...well not right now but eventually. Did I say I was excited? :clap:

Definitely go for batteries imo, though theyre easy to get elsewhere clearly, I have a lot of spare stems but still only use one at a time, don't prepack bowls really. I am waiting on a shorty myself though, use the long stems for the most part but I also have a medium I use out and about (if not a wooden prototype). Spares never hurt though if you've got the cash, but may get another chance to add more when Zion finally ships to you too... Get spare screens #1 I say, that is the only must maybe

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Yeah I have doubts about those 2900mAh's Ryan mentions as they shouldn't really exist... it's either 2500 or 3000 (or 2600 for the Sony VTC5). The yellow LGs I got with the production Zion are clearly 2500 HE4's.

I wonder if the new cells he's talking about are not the brown LG HG2 (equivalent to Samsung 30Q) I suspect though that they have a slightly higher internal resistance than the HE4/25R.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I paid for my milaana in october, and my zion in september of 2015.
I haven't heard jackshit since then. Do I have to reach out?
:\
Hang in there brother. I am waiting in the dark here too. I don't know when mine will ship and I know I ordered before some of those delivered or recently shipped. I wouldn't get hung up on order dates and all since hes batch building and if we are not this week, we should be next week for sure as the 4/24 RBT update said there was less than 100 preorders and 50 of those were shipped. On Monday morning I got a surprise email from RBT himself thanking me for good vibes and informing me that 30 units were at final testing. Those units started shipping today and it doesnt sound like all have gone out yet as only 4 or so people have chimed in here to say they got their confirmation email and I see only 2 new domestic labels created today which only makes 6. There is still hope for tomorrow I believe. And if not that should leave less than 20 units to catch up on all preorders. It also sounds like RBT has made a complete transition of moving all Milaana production to the new manufacurer in Glen Falls, NY. This should make for a more consistent flow of production with more of those customer service attributes that we all hoped would come with RBT products. It should also allow him to get back to the Zion but I would anticipate further delay on the Zion than what RBT mentioned in his update.

Mulehead

@Bizkat
I have 3-long, 2-med, and 1-short stem.
Somewhere around 18 screens.
7 batteries

I use two basket screens with hemp fiber between per stem, (I'm sensitive to particulates) and rotate through the stems as the hemp fiber gets gooed up.

I mainly use the medium stems for Zion, as they fit "under the hood".

I prefer the long stems for the longer, cooler path.

The shorty is the most incognito wth Mi, but is also the shortest, warmest path.

I would suggest an extra short and long stem like HD Springer.
Maybe a few packs of screens to cut down on maintenance (I rarely clean the stems, but change screens and mainly hemp fiber after 3-4 days).
# of batteries really depends on usage, and how long away from charger.
I average 4 bowls/charge like others have reported.

Hope this helps!

GTAVaper

Yeah I have doubts about those 2900mAh's Ryan mentions as they shouldn't really exist... it's either 2500 or 3000 (or 2600 for the Sony VTC5). The yellow LGs I got with the production Zion are clearly 2500 HE4's.

I wonder if the new cells he's talking about are not the brown LG HG2 (equivalent to Samsung 30Q) I suspect though that they have a slightly higher internal resistance than the HE4/25R.

@KeroZen - here is a great discussion on batteries......specifically how the HG2's and HE4's stack up against each other in high draw unregulated mods.....(this starts at around the 10:00 mark).

The brown HG2's will most likely work better in the regulated Zion to give you more run time but I am pretty sure the yellow HE4's will work better in the Milaana.

What I am curious about is the performance of the HB4's & VTC5's against the HE4's as I think that either of these might give consistently better performance over time - even if the HE4's might be hotter on the first bowl or the first few draws of the first bowl for the Milaana.

Edit: OK....I guess the battery talk is drifting away....but still relevant to maximizing the potential of the Milaana and optimizing the experience - so still relevant to the thread.

But I think that I will wait for my own Milaana and providing my own observed experience as to how the batteries I've listed previously compare to each other in actual firsthand usage.

Anything else would be relying on pure speculation based on specs and performance charts....but I do look forward to hearing any observations from battery savvy users out there who are testing out other 20 A plus rated batteries and comparing performance.

In the end, after comparing the most likely battery candidates to perform well, we may just find out through this very subjective experimentation - that RBT might already have selected the best performing battery for the Milaana (at this current time) with the LG HE4's.

It also sounds like people are also already very happy with the performance of the Samsung 25R's and Sony VTC5's that people have also used....so pretty hard to go wrong with selecting a battery

Unless you are just looking to save a buck where it definitely makes no sense to do so by ordering potential fakes from non-trusted online sources, buying low grade batteries with names ending in "fire", or just trying to make use of batteries on that are on hand that are just not built for this kind of performance - which is also potentially dangerous and would also be sure to give disappointing performance anyways.

Last edited:
@KeroZen - here is a great discussion on batteries......specifically how the HG2's and HE4's stack up against each other in high draw unregulated mods.....(this starts at around the 10:00 mark).

The brown HG2's will most likely work better in the regulated Zion to give you more run time but I am pretty sure the yellow HE4's will work better in the Milaana.

What I am curious about is the performance of the HB4's & VTC5's against the HE4's as I think that either of these might give consistently better performance over time - even if the HE4's might be hotter on the first bowl or the first few draws of the first bowl for the Milaana.

I own the brown batteries and the yellow, and I reach for the yellow every time I use my Zion. Brown are my backup, and my AW's don't even get used (in Zion).

Haven't used any of them in Mi, except the AW's (don't want to mess up the dedicated pair thing) I threw one of those in my Mi and got decent performance out of it :)

Last edited:

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Hola FC:
If you visit local head shops, preferably the worst ones, you might find something like this or 90• , ending in 14 like this case or 18 in others, actually ending in 14 or 18 goes in the eye of the beholder ;)
different lengths and etc etc.
You can definitely tell or spot the US vs ISO.
US joint looks stockier/shorter/beefier between the ISOs in my opinion.
They'll always kind of match any online price before losing a client nowadays. Show them on your smartphone and they'll agree if they are cool.

YNC7J2R.jpg

Last edited:

GTAVaper

I own the brown batteries and the yellow, and I reach for the yellow every time I use my Zion. Brown are my backup, and my AW's don't even get used (in Zion).

Haven't used them in Mi, as they're all dedicated pairs :(
Except the AW's, which I felt bad for. I threw one of those in my Mi and got decent performance out of it :)

There are other brown batteries made by LG. In fact the HB4 (older version - but still recent) are also brown batteries and would definitely not perform as well in a regulated Zion since they are much lower capacity - but might work very well indeed in a Milaana?

If they are real HG2's then in a Zion they should be lasting longer than HE4's in a regulated setup.....which is a little confusing.

Can you confirm the model of the brown batteries as HG2's or are they maybe brown HB4's?

Have you compared a freshly charged battery of both types in the Milaana yet?

If the yellow wins out (also an HE4 I am assuming?) than that would be expected for the unregulated Milaana - with the HG2's (as discussed in the previous video I posted) - but it might not be so certain with the HB4's, even the older brown ones

TheRobbo

Dont want to throw the cat amongst the shipping in order pigeons but I can also confirm that international orders are on the cards. I got my email from Sheila today :rockon: she said it will be shipping in the coming weeks.
Gonna add a couple of batteries spair screens and thought it was time to upgrade the tenergy charger i got with my Cera so also gonna get a D2
I've been using a cigar caddy to transport the Cera so thinking it will repurpose nicely to keep stems nice and safe (probably fit a couple of batteries as well for out and about) and gonna look for a old digital camera case I know is lying around for Mi
Can hardly contain myself now things are happening!!!!!

Peace

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
On Monday morning I got a surprise email from RBT himself thanking me for good vibes and informing me that 30 units were at final testing.

That's concerning. I thought rbt wouldn't see or hear of anything that we posted in these threads because of his absence now he is rewarding 'good vibes' with inside info...maybe saying this publicly will get my shipping pushed back?

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
RBT could have also got info about what nosmoking was doing from the several beta testers he has spoken with in the last week or so.

That said, do i think RBT, Grasshopper, and about every other manufacturer of vapes looks at least occasionally at their thread on FC regardless if they have an account or not? Of course i do. Most of them, the vast majority, do not use FC as a platform of communication. For the most part, i don't blame them. A lot of time spent, no doubt about that. Is it worth the time investment plus the occasionally agony? That's for the manufacturer to decide.

PS i have not spoked with RBT since a few days after getting my Mi and it is still running great.

GTAVaper

That's concerning. I thought rbt wouldn't see or hear of anything that we posted in these threads because of his absence now he is rewarding 'good vibes' with inside info...maybe saying this publicly will get my shipping pushed back?

Uh oh :( .......no soup for you! :o ;) :D :lol:

Personally, I'd think that even if he didn't follow the thread at all.....that if one of his immediate friends had mentioned that someone on FC was providing UPS shipping estimates that he's probably going to be bound to check in and see what was happening.....especially if he wasn't aware that others could do this. I'd be curious too.

Just a guess.....could easily be wrong.....and it doesn't really matter. Just really looking forward to getting my Milaana soon and spending some alone time with her :brow:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Can I ask if the Sony Vtc4's I ordered(for both the Mi and the Project) will work in the Mi?

PPN,
Reactions: KeroZen
There are other brown batteries made by LG. In fact the HB4 (older version - but still recent) are also brown batteries and would definitely not perform as well in a regulated Zion since they are much lower capacity - but might work very well indeed in a Milaana?

If they are real HG2's then in a Zion they should be lasting longer than HE4's in a regulated setup.....which is a little confusing.

Can you confirm the model of the brown batteries as HG2's or are they maybe brown HB4's?

Have you compared a freshly charged battery of both types in the Milaana yet?

If the yellow wins out (also an HE4 I am assuming?) than that would be expected for the unregulated Milaana - with the HG2's (as discussed in the previous video I posted) - but it might not be so certain with the HB4's, even the older brown ones
Yes, the yellow batteries came from RBT himself, the brown are newer 3000mAh batteries. They are rated similarly (both claim 20A continuous), but the yellow are actually capable of a higher amperage output. Internal resistance differences maybe account for my results in the Zion? I'll confirm the model number later, but my intent buying them was to get a higher capacity, newer cell to test against the "chosen" Zion cells.

I have not tried them with the Milaana, due to keeping my Zion batteries in permanent pairs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom