Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vape Dr.

Quick question(s) for you all.

On a full battery if you guys hold the button in can you see the oven glow with no stem in?
I can't see it glowing even in the dark pushing the button full throttle.

Also does it matter which way you insert the battery?
I seem to get the same results either way.

I get 1 chamber per battery and have to hold the button down for 5 seconds before I draw and the clouds are about the same as the FW3 on temp 1....

TeeJay1952

On a full battery if you guys hold the button in can you see the oven glow with no stem in?

I get 1 chamber per battery and have to hold the button down for 5 seconds before I draw and the clouds are about the same as the FW3 on temp 1....

Warranty Call (sucks, but what you gunna do>)

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic

That's the beauty of this heater tech, it doesn't need to get glowing red hot. This means it should last a long while and be less subject to oxydation/corrosion.

You can insert the battery both way it's the same yes.

One chamber per battery sounds very low. What kind of cells are you using I forgot? For the clouds you might need to improve your technique, unless you have a cold running unit. I guess that was your implicit question?

Vape Dr.

I am using the stock RBT battery. Holding the button for 5 seconds before I draw and keeping the button held in the entire draw (10-15 seconds)

I get very tasty but wispy low temp hits but I think it would be impossible for me to combust (not that i want to, just saying) even if I just hold in the button and don't draw. I never see any vapor forming and I'm using a short stem which you would think would be hot or warm.

My abv is still a bit green on the first chamber and battery is dead.

I'm going to get new batteries and hope that's the issue.
What is the best battery that is safe for the milaana you guys are using?

Thanks in advance!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I'm using the LGs he has on his site. LGDBHE4s. Recently got a couple more from Illum. Got them in a couple days.

http://www.illumn.com/batteries-cha...18650he4-2500mah-high-discharge-flat-top.html

If it isn't a bad battery, you have a problem and the unit needs to go back. :(

Holding for 5 sec and then drawing and feathering would be fine. Continuing to draw while still holding for 10 more seconds on a new battery should have combusted for sure.

Anybody check out these batteries?
So are these 3000 LG's good for the Milaana? They are HG2's and not HE4's??
LG HG2 3000MAH High Drain 35A IMR 18650 http://www.ebay.com/itm/331826837628
or
LG HE4 2500MAH High Drain 30A IMR 18650 Battery.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4Pcs-Origin...272767?hash=item23586b273f:g:q1EAAOSwLVZV7ZcS
I own the 3000mAh LG batteries -- they are not as great with Zion, and I would expect not as good for the Milaana. Thought the Samsung RBT sells was higher mAh, but I only see 2500, like the LG he sells; I don't know if there are any higher mAh batteries that can keep up like the 2500 mAh batteries he's chosen.

Last edited:

Krazzykid

This has to be a battery and/or charger issue for sure.

If your Milaana was running cold then it wouldn't be draining the battery that fast. If it were running hot enough to drain the battery that fast, then you would certainly do nothing but combust, and would for sure see the heater glow.

FWIW my Milaana seems to run just fine and I can't get the heater to glow even faintly.

Edit: I received mine on 4/20 and have been loving it. I've been quiet about it so far because I'm still getting to know it. I will be posting some more about it soon.

Last edited:

Vape Dr.

This has to be a battery and/or charger issue for sure.
That's what I'm hoping

but that may be why RBT went with the Samsungs for his higher mAh battery
The RBT battery I got was an LG not a samsung

I called my local useless vape shop and they have Sony vtc5 2600 mAh, Aspire 2500 mAh 20-40amp drain (that's what she said), and LG HG2 2600 mAh.

Any recommendations?

After charging my LG battery from RBT on my I4 it will read 4.19-4.20 with my multimeter so the battery is charging OK.

That's what I'm hoping

I called my local useless vape shop and they have Sony vtc5 2600 mAh, Aspire 2500 mAh 20-40amp drain (that's what she said), and LG HG2 2600 mAh.

Any recommendations?

After charging my LG battery from RBT on my I4 it will read 4.19-4.20 with my multimeter so the battery is charging OK.
I was mistaken, anyway -- Samsung is just another 2500 with performance that was up to snuff.

Krazzykid

It is charging to the correct voltage, but that doesn't show you the condition of the cell. If your battery was working properly, and discharging that fast, it would have to generate a significant amount of heat somewehere.

Of the battery choices you posted I would go with the LG HG2 (should be 3000 mAh not 2600.)

Since you have a multimeter you can measure the resistance of the Milaana to verify that's not the problem (even though I'm sure it isn't.) Don't forget to subtract the resistance of the leads themselves.
My Milaana reads just over 0.3 Ohms. One lead on the battery door and one on the bottom battery contact and depress the button.

Edit
Make sure the battery door screw is tightened down to ensure you get a correct reading, or just touch the post instead of the battery door.

Last edited:

Vape Dr.

Since you have a multimeter you can measure the resistance of the Milaana to verify that's not the problem (even though I'm sure it isn't.) Don't forget to subtract the resistance of the leads themselves.
My Milaana reads just over 0.3 Ohms. One lead on the battery door and one on the bottom battery contact and depress the button.

Mine reads .9 Ohms when I hit the button.

Mulehead

Hmmm, the krazzykid helping the good doctor?!?
Wow! Back to the rabbit hole we go!

Sorry...Mi & I are enjoying each other's company on afternoon break. :ko:

Edit: Mine is at .3 ohms as well After subtracting.1 for my leads

Edit 2: sorry again, I just realized the rabbit hole discussion was a different thread! Lol

Last edited:

tblast

That's what I'm hoping

Any recommendations?

Sony VTC5 is an excellent battery, I've used many many 18650s with high wattage mech mod builds (e juice vaping), and the VTC5 is the best. The problem is there are a lot of fakes out there, so make sure it's real if possible.

Krazzykid

It reads .4 touching the leads together. So I am at .5 ohms.
So it seems like your heater might be on the cooler side. This would mean you are drawing less from the battery than what I am. This should cause your battery to drain slower, not faster.

This may explain some of the wispier vapor (although I feel yours should still be plenty hot enough to get the job done), but this won't explain the battery only lasting one load.

Vape Dr.

So it seems like your heater might be on the cooler side. This would mean you are drawing less from the battery than what I am. This should cause your battery to drain slower, not faster.

Agreed.
I am fine if the heater is a tad bit on the cooler side being a low temp guy and all, but as you said it shouldn't be killing the battery so quickly.

It might just be a bad battery which would be great. Quick fix.

I'm off to get new batteries. Hopefully it's as simple as that. Will post results with new batteries tonight.

Thanks all!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

I am using the stock RBT battery. Holding the button for 5 seconds before I draw and keeping the button held in the entire draw (10-15 seconds)

I get very tasty but wispy low temp hits but I think it would be impossible for me to combust (not that i want to, just saying) even if I just hold in the button and don't draw. I never see any vapor forming and I'm using a short stem which you would think would be hot or warm.

I'm going to get new batteries and hope that's the issue.
What is the best battery that is safe for the milaana you guys are using?

Thanks in advance!

Agreed.
I am fine if the heater is a tad bit on the cooler side being a low temp guy and all, but as you said it shouldn't be killing the battery so quickly.

I'm off to get new batteries. Hopefully it's as simple as that. Will post results with new batteries tonight.

Thanks all!

Ooof hate to see this, I feel for you Doc! You know I am also a low temp guy, why I don't mind my beta Milaana running cooler (using with friends is what supported me suggesting it be raised, among other things). But yours shouldn't be, indeed there is never a visible glow the way the heater is designed (also the screens blocking visibility perhaps), but you should absolutely feel the heat on a fresh battery regardless. Especially in the second hit, and it should be like 3 full bowls before you need to preheat much at all really...

Hopefully a new battery sorts it out, otherwise you will have the honors of the first warranty claim my friend! I think the new manufacturer is starting to handle things with dedicated CS so we'll see how it goes if so. Good luck!

AJS

Calm Consistency
Agreed.

Thanks all!
Let's all take a moment and keep @Vape Dr. 's Milaana in our thoughts.
We're all praying it's the batteries man, hold hope!

MrPeanut

Zion, stealing faces since 2015

Thanks all!

How much spring is in the positive terminal? Are you getting a good complete connection at both ends of the battery?

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
BTW, if you're still lookin this ebay item http://ebay.to/1pDg3V3 is almost certainly US jointed...
s-l400.jpg

I've had good experience with this vendor as well.

GTAVaper

I have no idea what 1a or 2a charging is but there is a 2.0 slot on my charger. So next time I charge the batteries (RBT's) I should try that?
Also what have people found as the best use of water with it? The stems are standard so it shouldn't be a problem but just wondering what others are doing. I don't think I even want to try this without water. Seems simple- watched the great videos.

I went back to your original question and noticed while I was on mobile that I hadn't previously seen that you had identified your charger at the very end of the post as the eFest LUC v2......the eFest 2-bay charger with the digital screen. It is the other eFest LUC v2 BIO that can charge at 2A. I had considered the 4-bay eFest charger at one time because of its ability to charge at 2A which is where the confusion on my end came from......I hadn't realized that the 2-bay LUC v2 could only charge at 1A.

So that being the case, then your charger should only be capable of charging at 1A max .....which is not going to cause any real stressing on your batteries at all since the standard charge rating for both of the RBT batteries (Samsung & LG) is 1.25A and the max rating is 4A.

It is the LUC v4 (4 bay charger) that can charge 2 slots at the same time at 2A. You should see the current amperage that the charger is utilizing in its charge right on the display......if it says 0.5A then you want to change to read 1A.

However if you are in no hurry and are charging overnight rather than during the day then charging at 0.5A is entirely OK if you want to baby your batteries. The rest of my prior post still applies......let them charge fully and even sit at 4.2v until the charger indicates the charge is complete

friedrich

Little-Known Member
The day after it arrived, I brought M along on vacation, and everyone (experienced convection vaporists all) took to it pretty easily and liked it. It didn't go out with us though... for that FW was much more convenient.

If you appreciate the Milaana design, you won't be disappointed. It was great passing around in a home setting. Not automatic, but not hard to control; no one combusted with it. I'm still kind of working out my technique, optimal screen depth and such, but the vapor it's making is already stunning!
:whoa:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom