Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello FC! Another happy customer here! Got my Milaana today!

I have a question maybe @AJS, @KeroZen or @GTAVaper might be able to help me with about batteries.
I ordered extras and a charger but it only came with one battery, I guess those will come with the Zion.

Are the RBT batteries IRC or IMR batteries?

I have a bunch of green samsung IRC18650-30B (also says SDI and 2E21 under SDI) flat tops and was curious if they would work. I can't find any info on them and vape shops here are useless with battery knowledge.

I am charging the LG that came with it now, I can't wait to share my experience with my Milaana!

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows how to interpret the batteries.

You definitely want IMR (or INR even better), especially for a non-regulated device. ICR batts are less predictable and more volatile.

A good general explanation.

Edit: Another good source with more in-depth explanations.

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Another day with Zim, and another night of toasty goodness!

Mine shipped on 4/21, so I think I may have one of the later ones that is out here as of last week. My female glass is partially sunk into the wood, but not quite flush. It came with both stems and the small was actually shipped in the battery case - with a battery. Fits just fine.

My biggest gripe so far is that this little puppy is making me vape too much! It isn't super-discrete, but on my long commute home I wasn't worried about using it. Think it kind of looks like an e-cig box mod to most people who don't frequent FC - and I'm not worried about fellow vapers! I don't know how stealthy it could be. It is tough to take light hits that wouldn't be perceptible (ala MFLB et. al.). You can do it, but is so hard to let off it when the vapor is flowing so smoothly and tasting so damned good!

Oh.... one more thing that makes me vape more. It is so small and convenient that it is too easy to just sit down next to your mouse when at the computer. Pick it up, hit the button and VAPING. No cord, no warm up, no letting it sit there conduction vaping your load while you're doing something else - and still pure convection.

GTAVaper

Hello FC! Another happy customer here! Got my Milaana today!

I have a question maybe @AJS, @KeroZen or @GTAVaper might be able to help me with about batteries.
I ordered extras and a charger but it only came with one battery, I guess those will come with the Zion.

Are the RBT batteries IRC or IMR batteries?

I have a bunch of green samsung IRC18650-30B (also says SDI and 2E21 under SDI) flat tops and was curious if they would work. I can't find any info on them and vape shops here are useless with battery knowledge.

I am charging the LG that came with it now, I can't wait to share my experience with my Milaana!

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows how to interpret the batteries.

http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Samsung ICR18650-30B 3000mAh (Green) UK.html

The short answer is "No" ......these are a 6A discharge battery

RBT batteries are of 2 types so far. The LG HE4 are IMR and the blue Samsung's are INR.

Both will work but the LG's will work a little better for the Milaana from what I've read from this thread from people who have used both.

Just received my Milanna, first session was exactly what I was hoping for produced great clouds with amazing flavor.

Now my grasshopper will only be used when I am on the go and once i get a solid carrying case for a battery and stem for my Milanna it might be sitting on the shelf.

8DINvTD.jpg

Your Milaana stem mouthpiece tube looks like it is uneven at the top.....did you break the longer one?
Or is this just an optical illusion of some sort

With all the units out in the wild, I am wondering where all the milk shots through everyones water pieces are? Even without a M-M piece, it should be easy to rig up a SonG off of the end of the mouthpiece.

Edit: Oooops sorry about the double post mods - I just hit reply and didn't realize that I was still the last poster .....feel free to merge

Last edited by a moderator:

HD Springer

Man these are great reviews by everyone. Glad that others are finding this heater "signature" to be as good as the original users found it.
My riding buddy who smokes joints primarily had zippy issue running her without combustion on a fully charged battery. Tomorrow night grandma gets a go of her. This way I can truly stack her against big brother and sister.

I've always found it amazing how just a 1mm or 2mm difference in distance from the heat source can really increase the heat on these stem load based vaporizers.

Hope more people can get their hands on these vapes. It's starting to make me smile in here again. Sorry about the to much positive vibe thingy.

GTAVaper

Grandma? Oh wait a minute.....I think that I am recalling some prior postings about a very vaped and gassy Grandma. Was that you?

Perhaps you might want to give your Grandma a "Smoke Buddy" for her to sit on before handing her your Milaana ;) :D :lol: :rofl:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
:rofl:
What's up everyone. I received my milaana today and gave it a few test runs and wanted to share my thoughts so far. This thing is pretty damn awesome. Small learning curve but I think I have it down. Anyone else flip the screen around basket style? I seem to be getting much better results this way. I can't believe I paid 129 bucks for this thing

mine showed up today, just finished 2nd session. I'm using the same 18mm j-hook I use with all my vapes with a little bit of hemp fiber as a filter and a m2m adapter from OGB. flipped the screen around to use basket style as advised by FC veterans. vape sig on this thing is really heavy. flavor is very pure. extremely wide open draw, which I personally really appreciate. vapor in like 4-5 seconds. obviously I need to develop my technique, but I'm already getting very good results.

it's early, but I think this thing is exactly what I had hoped it would be. minimalist, manually controlled, with enough power to get me in trouble (which of course would be my fault). I bet you can really walk the line with the throttle on this girl once you get comfortable. it's not immediately clear to me how well this would serve as a stealth vape, but that's not something I care much about these days. more testing needed but sure seems like a winner from here

Ahh yes this should be a good week, I can finally relax! Glad you all are enjoying them, nice to see reviews like this and know we're not all crazy here! (ok we may be in other ways)

And basket style yes, my go to now, the latest final design of the RBT screens work both ways very well, I did test the other way a lot and just prefer basket. It is great for small loads!

@Vape Dr.! Glad you got yours too, can't wait to hear your expert opinion old friend! ;)

little maggie

Another battery question. My Milaana came and the batterys are charging.
The battery says 18650 3.75v. Is the voltage on the charger supposed to show 3.75? While charging one is 4.06 and the other is 3.95. The solo battery which I removed was 4.2. I'm using a LUC v2.

Also how do you store at 30%

Shit Snacks

The battery says 18650 3.75v. Is the voltage on the charger supposed to show 3.75? While charging one is 4.06 and the other is 3.95. The solo battery which I removed was 4.2. I'm using a LUC v2.

Yeah that's just some sort of rating for the battery (not sure exactly what it means either actually), but really just think of the voltage as the charge level. 3.75 is a safe low, 4.2 is max. You can store at 3.7, around or below 4v as well I believe, but storing full for a day or two (likely more) is totally fine too. So you're batteries are getting close, one moreso than the other. Those levels would be good for lower temp vaping, or just holding the button longer than you could at full (if they're new keep charging beyond full as kero said)

Last edited:

GTAVaper

When charging your batteries they will charge up to 4.2v (reading on the charger) for the batteries that RBT uses (and most 18650's - although there are some 18650's that charge up to 4.35v as well) when charging is complete.

However, it might sit on 4.2v for a while before the charged indicator goes on......don't worry about this and just let it complete the full charge cycle; especially for the first charge - let it completely charge even though it might already show 4.2v on the charge indicator.

If you are using a charger with variable charge current then make sure that you select 1A (or 2A max for a quick charge after your initial charge - if your charger supports 2A charging).

If you are using batteries are not the ones RBT sent then Google the model and ensure that the constant current rating is at least 20A (needed to power the 45w heater), the max charge current is at least 1C and the capacity is more than 2000mAh if you are charging at 2A. The batteries will last longer though if you charge at less than their max charging rate.

So unless you are stuck for time.....I'd keep it at 1A charge rate or less (if 1A not available)

Edit: Also I wouldn't worry about the 30% storage.....that is for long term storage and if you are cycling through 3 to 5 batteries then you will cycle through to the first battery again in a relatively short while.

But some of the more advance charger/analyzers actually have a storage setting that will automatically discharge your battery to an ideal storage state. I have a SkyRC MC3000 in its way to me right now that does this and I also believe that at a much lower price point (~$40) that the Opus BT3100C (get v2.2 and get an extra ~ $2 fan - just in case can be bought at Gearbest for $33 but will take 3 weeks to arrive) will also do this.....but Google it first to check just in case.

Last edited:

hippogriff

2 bowls in so early impression (and sentences will be easier tomorrow): Wow. Control is easy - like a supercharged MFLB with an immensely smoother heating curve, I can see I'll be able to do basic temp stepping after a little more practice, and I've no fear of going too far, heat-wise anyway, right now I'm wrekt. So quick, so much airflow, words n stuff, out.

little maggie

I have no idea what 1a or 2a charging is but there is a 2.0 slot on my charger. So next time I charge the batteries (RBT's) I should try that?
Also what have people found as the best use of water with it? The stems are standard so it shouldn't be a problem but just wondering what others are doing. I don't think I even want to try this without water. Seems simple- watched the great videos.

little maggie,
Reactions: KeroZen

GTAVaper

I have no idea what 1a or 2a charging is but there is a 2.0 slot on my charger. So next time I charge the batteries (RBT's) I should try that?
Also what have people found as the best use of water with it? The stems are standard so it shouldn't be a problem but just wondering what others are doing. I don't think I even want to try this without water. Seems simple- watched the great videos.

Don't know what charger you have but the manual that comes with it should let you know what current options you have to charge. You should read that manual .....because if you have it set at 0.25A as a charge current .....it will take much, much longer to charge your batteries. If you have a D2/D4 I think the max is 0.75A per channel and if you have 4 batteries in the charger (running 2 channels) then it can drop to 0.375A as it splits the current of one channel across the 2 bays associated with that channel.

But if you have the 4 bay and are charging 2 batteries at once....then you should definitely read the manual and ensure that you only charge one battery per channel - otherwise you could be charging at 0.375A rather the 0.75A that the Nitecore chargers are capable of. I had a Nitecore i4 before gifting it to my nephew and I am pretty sure that the newer D2/D4 are also similar in operation. Like I said.....reading the manual will be the most helpful in picking the right slots to use if charging 2 batteries in a 4 bay charger.

little maggie

Don't know what charger you have but the manual that comes with it should let you know what current options you have to charge. You should read that manual .....because if you have it set at 0.25A as a charge current .....it will take much, much longer to charge your batteries. If you have a D2/D4 I think the max is 0.75A per channel and if you have 4 batteries in the charger (running 2 channels) then it can drop to 0.375A as it splits the current of one channel across the 2 bays associated with that channel.

But if you have the 4 bay and are charging 2 batteries at once....then you should definitely read the manual and ensure that you only charge one battery per channel - otherwise you could be charging at 0.375A rather the 0.75A that the Nitecore chargers are capable of. I had a Nitecore i4 before gifting it to my nephew and I am pretty sure that the newer D2/D4 are also similar in operation. Like I said.....reading the manual will be the most helpful in picking the right slots to use if charging 2 batteries in a 4 bay charger.
I don't think it came with a manual or the manual was not in English. The info I can find on the internet is too technical for me to make sense of.

Last edited:
little maggie,
Reactions: ragnorokk

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
There is a picture of a Milaana sitting on a D020, a popular inexpensive glass piece from DHGate, back around page 67. The nice thing about Milaana is it is small enough to work with just about anything. It has the power for a big glass piece but it doesn't feel unwieldy with a smaller one. That combo happens to be easy to hold and work for me.
http://www.dhgate.com/product/d020-...-water/175832535.html#s1-1-1b;searl|766705406

Actually, that will probably come with a US M2M... :)

Last edited:

GTAVaper

I don't think it came with a manual or the manual was not in English. The info I can find on the internet is too technical for me to make sense of.

Ah?? So what kind of charger do you have?.....perhaps someone with the same charger could help you.

Also there is nothing overly complicated in how the chargers work and if you are going to be using lithium batteries then a little research would be prudent.....you should be able to learn everything you need to know with a couple hours or less Googling and reading. Google is your friend

anasrzi

Do you think @nosmoking ypul be able to see any international orders when they show up on your system, think it's great you'll able to predict the future by telling us where the Milaana will be seen next, in my hands eventually ;)

Suppose it depends if he's using the same company to sort the international orders as the domestic?

anasrzi,
Reactions: vapen00b

HD Springer

@little maggie I own that exact charger. I love it because of the read out and it's simplicity. I almost always charge at .5a which means that it's slowly bringing it up to charge. The 1a is a faster charge and the 2a is the fastest charge. From my understanding the faster the charge the more wear and tear on the battery. As far as the 2.0 slot in the middle front side of the charger that's for outgoing charging. I know that's kind of weird. I guess you can almost use it as a battery pack at that point. I read that you can charge a phone with it when it's got all 4 slots filled with fully charged battery's. I hope this helps a little.

Shit Snacks

Would love to see some milkshots, 169$ isn't so bad if i can get 70$ for the Zephyr Ion i DON'T USE & 100ish for my Boundless CFX.

Need to get you to just try mine still don't I bud? Let's get in touch soon (+Mist is coming now!)

Glad you are enjoying too @hippogriff!

@little maggie I'd suggest starting dry, but be careful tonlet of the button, use the long stem and watch the vapor form in it along with throat feel sonyoucan learn it. But you did try Zion so fear of harshness or scorching is justified, but I think there can be more risk of that through a bubbler potentially. Either way hope it goes well for you, good luck!

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Anybody check out these batteries?

Do not buy cells from ebay, amazon, banggood or aliexpress, that's my only advice. You can find some genuine ones but don't take the risk, buy from a reputable battery or ecig shop there are plenty.

For cell selection refer to Mooch's infographic posted in the "battery safety" thread here on FC (and cross-posted by myself in many other places, including this thread possibly) All cells rated 20A and more on the picture are good for the Mi. Any other model you find is going to be a rewrap.

I'm so happy about the new users being happy! :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom