Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Glad to see all these happy users, truthfully glad ya'll enjoying it.....from the info I gathered I wouldn't leave the milanna or Zion on a water pipe unsupported....just think you are risking breaking the glass in unit but I could be totally wrong on that, I tend to always have a hand on anything when I invert it on glass just to keep it steady

Very much looking forward to the further reviews and I will be very much interested in seeing all the new users experiences in a month and how it fits into their respective rotations. Glad to see people are having fun with it :)

To anyone having issues, I don't have a milanna but if you inhale faster it cools the heater faster.... Just principle. I reckon you could probably rip the button and rip it with good results, if you don't overpack

Yes good point! I believe it was just for the photo op, that's the only time I've done it with mine too. Milaana can stand it better because more lightweight, but yes technically it is a risk to voiding the warranty if the heater screen is used to support the vape on a water tool like that (I'm sure it could still be repaired easily though, if even for a fee, we'll see). Bottom line yes it is not recommended ;)

Also per your last idea, that is true, but it also rises in temp so if you keep holding the button even drawing quick it will get too hot, hence best to let off the button and keep drawing the residual heat off the massive heater to finish the hit. That method also works well in FF, T1, and others. The other thing to remember is the first seconds will be lower temp since it is rising, hence why I often start slow for a few seconds, then speed up my draw for the next few seconds (unless I want a lighter hit), then let go the trigger and keep drawing to finish.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Milaana can stand it better because more lightweight, but yes technically it is a risk to voiding the warranty if the heater screen is used to support the vape on a water tool like that (I'm sure it could still be repaired easily though, if even for a fee, we'll see)
If you are using glass with a US joint, the heater screen won't be touched, let alone supporting any weight. That is what the joint is for. And that is exactly why ISO joints are dis recommended. The glass will be supporting the weight, as designed, if you are using a US joint. With EITHER Zion or Milaana...

Shit Snacks

If you are using glass with a US joint, the heater screen won't be touched, let alone supporting any weight. That is what the joint is for. And that is exactly why ISO joints are dis recommended. The glass will be supporting the weight, as designed, if you are using a US joint. With EITHER Zion or Milaana...

True, but it is still official warranty stance and warning (though it will most likely be fine, especially with Milaana), not made for water

grokit

well-worn member
I get this, but only because I've been following these threads. I foresee some confusion regarding warranty claims on the heaters of these units. Most users will have little to no experience with glass, and will have no idea there's even a difference between iso and us joint sizes. Especially since it's not even the joint size but the depth or length of insert or whatever. It should be good for "authorized" accessory sales though.
:freak:

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
There really is no voodoo to the stem size. The joint is a 19/22. The other standard is 19/28. This means 19mm diameter with a taper length of 22mm. The taper length is what is important. It needs to be accurate. If it bottoms out before a good seal is made it is no Bueno.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I don't know if RBT intends to keep selling accessories from his site, but we have encouraged him to sell or at least recommend an "authorized" M2M from someone else.

I have been recommending @Oregonglassblower because I know he "gets it" and I have gotten a few good US jointed pieces from him.

The Milaana, with a battery and an OGB 4" M2M weighs 197g or almost 7 ounces. Its not a lot of weight to suspend above glass, but it is too much weight to rest on the heater screen. A US joint is very important.

US is 19/22 ISO is 19/26

Edit: measured Bam Bam's weight wrong. Above is now correct...

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

I get this, but only because I've been following these threads. I foresee some confusion regarding warranty claims on the heaters of these units. Most users will have little to no experience with glass, and will have no idea there's even a difference between iso and us joint sizes. Especially since it's not even the joint size but the depth or length of insert or whatever. It should be good for "authorized" accessory sales though.
:freak:

Yes, most users will also use it dry I'm sure though too. I'd also like to mention again that @Ratchett's SonGs fit over the mouthpiece to connect to water with a stock stem as well

grokit

well-worn member
There really is no voodoo to the stem size. The joint is a 19/22. The other standard is 19/28. This means 19mm diameter with a taper length of 22mm. The taper length is what is important. It needs to be accurate. If it bottoms out before a good seal is made it is no Bueno.
As I said I get this, but we here @fc are more knowledgeable than most. Even many of the makers of these accessories seem not to be though, as there are many products available with joints between 22 and 28mm in length. They are probably trying to split the difference, which in reality only adds to the confusion.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Remember, the real (original) reason for ground glass joints is for scientific equipment. Precise measurements are critical to perfect seals for distillation and all the other science glass tubing is made for.

Glass joints for cannabis pipes and home uses are another kettle of fish, and they are for convenience and compatibility, but the precision is less important and the lengths less critical. For OUR use with the Zion family, the length IS critical because the female joint terminates at the heater screen. In almost all other applications the length is the LEAST critical measurement.

To make it even worse, there are 3 standards for the US joint, short, medium and long. But the only one I've seen used is the one RBT uses, medium.

fluffhead

Recovering Idealist
I have a question about the joint length for those who know. If us is 22mm and iso is 26mm, at what point between them would there start to be a problem? I have a couple of adapters that are definitely not as long as the iso joints I have but they are either 1 or 2 mm longer than the US joints I have. How much leeway, if any, beyond 22mm is there?

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Very little leeway. Less than a mm I would think. I would try very hard to not go over 22mm. JMO. I suspect the man himself is the only one who could answer that definitively.

The joint needs to fully seat. You can usually tell if it doesn't...

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know I heard from RBT no international orders have shipped yet, so that would explain seemingly out of order shipping, and don't worry you may well still be contacted then (we'll see). He also told me he is working on instructions and a tutorial video for the web, will fulfill all orders by the end of next week or the one after it seems, and he has more refunds to fulfill this weekend too

Thanks for letting us know. I guess i can stop checking my mail now.

Must admit, i can't claim i am not quite dissapointed to hear this though. We were never likely to get the earliest units due to the 2-4 week postage we always face, but to also be leapfrogged on the shipping by people who possibly ordered weeks or months after us is dissapointing.

Oh well. Back to waiting. Rant over now.

anyone got a whip adapter up in here???

saw a picture of a metal stem for a zion that was bent so the mouthpiece was at the bottom of the vape.

I'm invisioning a 510 bubbler on a whip, bent so the mouthpiece would be on the bottom, and button on the top.... 510 bubbler may be to restrictive as well.... would love some bubbles without a large hydro tube....

a ss bubbler could be cool as well, some thing small no spill, and no splash, and even with some rubber plugs. done a bit of searching and have never seen one.

Last edited:

Mixio

TheVaporOne
I am very disappointed for the RBT behavior, we are not talking of a lack of communication but of disrespect. No updates, no contact before shipment, no response to requests on its website. .no nothing only arrogance! yet they are not my inventions but only those things to him! and if a person has changed address? not only he has waited months but practically. ..he never will receive something that HAS ALREADY PAID! I realized that does vaporizers wonderful, but hearing people who continue to justify it still gives me the most trouble (of course all those who have justified has their zion or milaaa in his pocket ...). I ordered all three of its products but I am very sorry to be taken for a ride and definitely will cancel 'something ...RESPECT!

thekarmawhore

I am very disappointed for the RBT behavior, we are not talking of a lack of communication but of disrespect. No updates, no contact before shipment, no response to requests on its website. .no nothing only arrogance! yet they are not my inventions but only those things to him! and if a person has changed address? not only he has waited months but practically. ..he never will receive something that HAS ALREADY PAID! I realized that does vaporizers wonderful, but hearing people who continue to justify it still gives me the most trouble (of course all those who have justified has their zion or milaaa in his pocket ...). I ordered all three of its products but I am very sorry to be taken for a ride and definitely will cancel 'something ...RESPECT!

Respect is a two way street.

Mixio

TheVaporOne
Respect is a two way street.

I gave some money to a product, my respect ends there, the seller says it will update and I warn you I 'before sending ... nothing ... what product will I get if I've changed my address (it's not my fault if you take money for a product that will be released after several months, it is the seller who must inform you before sending ... or not ??)? how can I add more things to my order? Are we joking? you can not treat so please customers ... I do not see a good future for those who work well. ..you can only collect money! now I'll stop here do not want to ruin this thread that is being reborn, but I am very very disappointed ... (international purchaser of October 2015)

anasrzi

I too am an international customer and have prepaid but personally I have next to no problem waiting out for the Milaana to come to my door each to his own and all, I get where many complains are coming from but for me I know RBT isn't trying to rip people off he's just incredibly busy right now and finds it hard to make updates and answer Q's. There's clearly enough people in direct contact with the man to give us all a heads up on what's going on now and in the future, these people are always on here to try and help other customers out even tho it's not there job, great sprit on display I say :).

Do I want my Milaana right now your dead right I do but can I wait till it's my turn sure thing, it'll be here when it's here plenty of other vape's to play around with in the mean time.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Although this laconic "respect is a 2 way street" is a bit border line imho... Mixio payed for all 3 differents products RBT is planning to release , he supported this project at the max level and musn't be treated like that.

I'm seriously considering for a refund too (cause this last RBT post!)

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
:2c:This is not personal. No individual customer should take any of RBTs decisions on how to do business, or lack of communication, or ANYTHING personally. I'm sure he is trying like hell to get the Vapes out to EVERY one of his paying customers. I know for a fact that he values each paying customer, but is only able to do so much. What he does best is Vapes, not communication. Let him do that. I have ZERO contact with Ryan. He has my Loki for repair. I have heard nothing. I have no worries. I have the patience of a stone.

thekarmawhore

I'm not RBT, just someone who helped on the project. No different than you folks who have contributed to his efforts with dollars, other than I happen to know him personally as well. I'm just tired of seeing him get fragged for not getting his company up and running as fast as we had all hoped. Preordering shouldn't make one feel entitled to takea shit on soomeone.

Cancel your order if you can't stand the wait, feel you've been wronged, think RBT is a big stinky poopyhead, whatever reason, but don't pin it on me please.

still your pal,
thekarmawhore

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I'm not RBT, just someone who helped on the project. No different than you folks who have contributed to his efforts with dollars, other than I happen to know him personally as well. I'm just tired of seeing him get fragged for not getting his company up and running as fast as we had all hoped. Preordering shouldn't make one feel entitled to takea shit on soomeone.

Cancel your order if you can't stand the wait, but don't pin it on me please.

still your pal,
thekarmawhore
Thanks for clarification, I didn't want to cancel cause the wait ...too (edit)

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
I too am an international customer and have prepaid but personally I have next to no problem waiting out for the Milaana to come to my door each to his own and all, I get where many complains are coming from but for me I know RBT isn't trying to rip people off he's just incredibly busy right now and finds it hard to make updates and answer Q's. There's clearly enough people in direct contact with the man to give us all a heads up on what's going on now and in the future, these people are always on here to try and help other customers out even tho it's not there job, great sprit on display I say :).

Do I want my Milaana right now your dead right I do but can I wait till it's my turn sure thing, it'll be here when it's here plenty of other vape's to play around with in the mean time.

Anasarzi sums up my current feelings on this matter pretty well.
I too feel no need to assume that RBT's being disrespectful.
Busy and disrespectful are two different things to me, and I'm too busy being happy with my existing vapes to worry about how much longer our international orders will be compared to domestic.
One way or the other, it's starting to sound as though it won't be a great deal longer to wait.
Which is good....'coz.....:drool:

Mixio

TheVaporOne
I do not want to be polemic, but someone can explain me how to receive a product unless I am contacted before shipment?

Mixio,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom