Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
My guess would be that he will fill any orders that have been placed before he closes the ordering on the site. This may be a place where his missing a deadline may help you...

I think what we know of RBT is that the vapes will be ready when they're ready, and while we (beta testers) may be able to delay release (by finding a problem) there is really nothing we can do to hasten release. I, like you, am anxious to get a Milaana and my production Zion, but I will be perfectly fine with waiting until RBT gets it to me. The longer it takes the better it is likely to be.

I certainly have no shortage of vapes these days...

EXACTLY, I would rather get it perfect in a few months than almost there now. It's not like the Mighty, Haze, Lotus, Venus, or one of these other guys can't keep us occupied and baked until then. I just got a Mighty to play with until the Zion gets here and I am extremely impressed with the flavor and clouds. So this toy will tide me over until then :) Oh yeah, aren't 4/20 sales coming around the corner?? I smell a Cloud Evo and a HT in my future :whoa:

I do think the Zion or Milaana will be THE #1 vape of 2016 and take over the rotation when released but until then let the VaS run wild!

TheRobbo

.... but 80%confident to deliver all the units should not mean that it is not surprising to have 0 units shipped before the dead line..unless you do not believe what he says in first place...

I read 80% and saw 1 in 4 chance it would be late :shrug::2c:
I am of the opinion that it was never a deadline, more an attempt to appease people with a soft estimate. Im sure its almost impossible to give a deadline on something like this... You don't know it's ready till it is. Once it is ready you can give better estimates cause you know how long they take to put together but before that how long is a piece of string... If your reading @RastaBuddhaTao please take as long as it takes I really dont want to have to go through what I did with Cera (returned 5 or 6 times and was never right. I have a papwr clip in the battery spring to short the switch to this day)
Have fathe people he will surface and you will have ur minds blown when you get one!:tup:

GTAVaper

Actually, 80% is a four in five chance of delivery on time......and a one in five chance it would be late. Sorry but my obsessive compulsive streak :uhoh: can't let that math stand unchallenged :( :D

Otherwise, I agree with the rest of your post and am optimistic that I will love my sexy little eastern European vaporizing vixen :brow: when she arrives!

TheRobbo

Ahh yes I guess I better explain my maths... My brain went something like this :science:
80% huh I bet he really means 75% but 80 sounds much better hence the one in four...
There now you all know how my wierd brain works! Dont think about it too hard it doesn't make sense. Dont try to understand it you wont:freak:
Maybe I was unconsciously preparing myself!
But yeah like I said before I'm in no rush I want PERFECTION :goon:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I think you know RBT better than most of peaple here so you can better than everyone interpretate his statements. but 80%confident to deliver all the units should not mean that it is not surprising to have 0 units shipped before the dead line..unless you do not believe what he says in first place.

But as I said, you (and @VegNVape for sure) know RBT better than anyone so you are more likely to interpretate his messages in the right way and maybe you are right to calm peaple down

Actually that honor would go to @MrPeanut first of all, Veg and myself are merely some of the most vocal, though I do believe I have had more direct contact with RBT than he and some of the other beta testers... Even without contact, on another thread, I would feel the same way, trying to reassure where I felt I could.

Anyway point being, we are all attributing subjective meaning to an intentionally vague statement, should woulda coulda, it doesn't really matter imo. This is the catch-22 of providing any dates, whether you give a % of confidence, a broad estimate, or provide a disclaimer, either way it is essentially the same result: a source of solace and frustration in equal measure. I can certainly see why they would be ignored completely and have great admiration for companies that are able to meet such lofty goals.

I actually got the impression the goal was to get a good number of Milaana ready to ship at once at this point vs shipping just a few in March, with beta testing being so positive and revealing the necessary minor tweaks before a full pilot production run. So instead of Zion's rolling production, I wouldn't be surprised if the Milaana pre orders were done in one larger batch (hence it beating many Zion pre orders) similar to what GH seems to be planning now, but on a much smaller scale. Of course this is my personal speculation based on what we know, there could still be more betas I suppose...

That being said for me it is again and again a question of lack of minimal fair and respect on these threads.

I'm not sure I understand this point entirely, but I would just mention again that there are many ways to see a situation, and urge everyone to try to appreciate another perspective. People have the right to "defend" a long wait or missed date just as much as those who "attack" it, having either opinion is not a lack of respect or fairness... It is how you present yourself, but even that is also fairly open to individual interpretation.

Notice the FC color scale and background, this is life in the grey area

:2c::peace:

AJS

Calm Consistency
I actually got the impression the goal was to get a good number of Milaana ready to ship at once at this point vs shipping just a few in March, with beta testing being so positive and revealing the necessary minor tweaks before a full pilot production run. So instead of Zion's rolling production, I wouldn't be surprised if the Milaana pre orders were done in one larger batch (hence it beating many Zion pre orders) similar to what GH seems to be planning

Same here. Expecting lots of emails to go out the same day. Never once saw it as a trickle, no need with a unit that can have multiple produced at one time basically.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Yea it sucks the 80% deadline was missed.

But what IS 80%? If someone told me they were 80% sure they didn't have an STD would I sleep with them unprotected...No.

I just feel the need to be pampered with an update here and there...

...I knew about RBT's demeanor before I ordered. I knew about the Zions missed dates before I ordered. I knew new products tend to get delayed before I ordered.

Like @hippogriff said in other words...I would be happy with a 'were waiting on buttons and they won't be in for two weeks...at least'

And sadistically I'm happy were all waiting together. :rockon:

And I dont want perfection I want to beta test! Lol...
My consumption habbits are benificial to research.

This is clearly a battle of the half empty/half full cup holders though...

Last edited:

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
Actually that honor would go to @MrPeanut first of all, Veg and myself are merely some of the most vocal, though I do believe I have had more direct contact with RBT than he and some of the other beta testers... Even without contact, on another thread, I would feel the same way, trying to reassure where I felt I could.

Anyway point being, we are all attributing subjective meaning to an intentionally vague statement, should woulda coulda, it doesn't really matter imo. This is the catch-22 of providing any dates, whether you give a % of confidence, a broad estimate, or provide a disclaimer, either way it is essentially the same result: a source of solace and frustration in equal measure. I can certainly see why they would be ignored completely and have great admiration for companies that are able to meet such lofty goals.

I actually got the impression the goal was to get a good number of Milaana ready to ship at once at this point vs shipping just a few in March, with beta testing being so positive and revealing the necessary minor tweaks before a full pilot production run. So instead of Zion's rolling production, I wouldn't be surprised if the Milaana pre orders were done in one larger batch (hence it beating many Zion pre orders) similar to what GH seems to be planning now, but on a much smaller scale. Of course this is my personal speculation based on what we know, there could still be more betas I suppose...

I'm not sure I understand this point entirely, but I would just mention again that there are many ways to see a situation, and urge everyone to try to appreciate another perspective. People have the right to "defend" a long wait or missed date just as much as those who "attack" it, having either opinion is not a lack of respect or fairness... It is how you present yourself, but even that is also fairly open to individual interpretation.

Notice the FC color scale and background, this is life in the grey area

:2c::peace:

Sorry for not being clear and forgetting mr Peanut (sometime i confuse him with RBT) he for sure knows better than any.

the lack of fair and respect I pointed wasn't for you or VnV, at all, if you are asking. It was meant for the manufacturer that skip a 80% confident announcement (wasn't something like : units preordered shipped before the end of march and next day shipment in late april?) and doesn't care to say a word to peaple involved (as he promised - the monthly update on his site), as already happened in the past.
"Errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum" they said, and since he is "evil genius" (as they said), it is useless to expect him to learn from his errors :-)

sorry to everyone for some gentle venting here and there, I promise it ends here. I was first really interested in Rbt vapes, I am no more, the same for grasshopper (both frustrating/missing deadlines indeed. at least GH kept updates coming and IMO GH isn't overpriced in relation with quality of production/assembly)

Good luck to anyone waiting

little maggie

I've been trying to be positive about all this. I understand the Milaana's being mass produced then coming out first if that's what happened. And I was one of the first to order so I'm ok with that. But surely my Zion has been repaired by now. And I'd like it back. If it hasn't even been repaired then that really makes it unlikely that those who haven't received theirs are going to get one soon.

AJS

Calm Consistency
But surely my Zion has been repaired by now. And I'd like it back. If it hasn't even been repaired then that really makes it unlikely that those who haven't received theirs are going to get one soon.
Pretty much my thoughts exactly.
My condolences for you and your Zion. I know how hard this must be sometimes.

I think it's possible he'll still be sending out Milaanas, because he can have a crew make them, even if Zion's aren't going out. Just the most efficient way through the process. Sometimes, instead of making one person wait 10 minutes, and everyone else 20, sometimes it's better to just make it a standard 13 for everyone, technically, because it's more efficient in the long run.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I was with you until this part...
sorry to everyone for some gentle venting here and there, I promise it ends here. I was first really interested in Rbt vapes, I am no more, the same for grasshopper (both frustrating/missing deadlines indeed. at least GH kept updates coming and IMO GH isn't overpriced in relation with quality of production/assembly)
If you didn't order how are you venting? You have nothing on the line so to speak other than anticipation...

And for the price, it's cheaper than a grasshopper and supposed to preform on par if not better...how is it overpriced? Especially if everyone expects him devote every waking moment to putting this shit out...like I do :D

Grasshopper is made in China...they have a DEVOTED team of people trying to pump them out and it's still behind.

I am happy to hand my money over to a fellow countryman to get something at a Chinese price point...$129 too expensive? I paid $450 for a plastic mighty that breaks every few months

I didn't order the GH even though I super want it because of their situation their in and knowingly entered into this one.

Hope that made sense and didn't come off as 'dick-ish'

natural farmer

Although I understand @RastaBuddhaTao might have a lot in his hands right now, it shouldn't be too hard for him or @thekarmawhore or @MrPeanut to just give us a note here that everything is moving along fine so we don't worry much... I don't feel so good with silence from guys who have been so vocal these last few months, it kind of reminds me the sad story of Triihouse... I just hope everything is going smoothly, that's all.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Looking like this might come off the line before Zion? I preordered one of these due to international shipping on Zion, good to see one is in the wild. Looks really good! @pakalolo you are a beta tester of sorts?

Yes, I am a beta tester. I should have had one of the first beta units but the USPS sent my package to Germany for a month. I've been using the Milaana since it arrived but I'm not ready to post impressions yet.

I understand the concern of those who are nervous about the lack of communication from @RastaBuddhaTao. I wish he'd give some sign that he's made progress but he has his own way of doing things.

MrPeanut

Zion, stealing faces since 2015
@MrPeanut to just give us a note here that everything is moving along fine so we don't worry much...
First I want to say I owe this forum nor the users nothing, nada. I am forum member not a representative of his company. I am a friend of RBT's but I have nothing to do with his business beyond getting free vapes and beating the hell out of them. In the past I have tried to give updates to the best of my ability. Things change so fast w/RBT I stopped because I did not want to provide inaccurate information. The only facts I know for sure. He is now working 7 days a week on RBT building units in his new factory instead of working for the man 50-60 hours a week and coming home to work for you all. Now I will say without a doubt I have had both Zion and Milaana longer than anyone. I have pounded more material through too, more so than RBT. With that I have no problem answering questions about the device from my perspective just really not interested in talking business nor am I qualified to do it.

If you guys expect him to sit by a calendar or remember exactly when 30-31 days has passed you are not going to get that from RBT. He will step away from the work when it is at a point he feels safe and update you with information as accurate as possible.

So myself, karma or other beta team members can sit around and speculate about dates, deadlines, repair or warranty issues but it would be just that.... speculation.

I also want to remind folks that he rarely if ever checks this forum anymore. I sent him a text and let him know that some ppl's patience is wearing thin and he should give you an update. He said he would when he had something worth saying. For correct, current information go the the RBT website, read the FAQ if your question is not answered there send a message and wait.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I hear ya, you don't owe us or anyone else shit...technically though RBT owes everyone.

And again, i don't mind waiting and knew what I signed up for.

If you would have forked over dough, the story might be different?

We have shown good faith by sending payment on a promise (or estimation)

I suck at time management and remembering when a month has gone by, but I have Google for that!

Besides expecting someone to wait by a calender is one thing...keeping your word is another.

The fact there is nothing 'worth saying' after a prompt from a 'friend' makes me speculate there might still be some weeks yet.

Oh well...early morning vapman and lily sessions on the way! Maybe some dabs too...

I just know, when I do get the milaana, no one...I mean no one, is touching it!

MrPeanut

I would never fork over my hard earned money to an unknown company or dude from a website for a product that does not exist yet. So I cannot relate to you that have done that.

I can prompt him all I want but the fact is he is his own man. It is his company and he will work and communicate when he wants. I never said I agreed with that. It is just the way it is and will be.
Speculation is futile. From any of us.

Enjoy your early morning med session.

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Hey guys. I have been avoiding the RBT threads for a while because I have to. Sort of skim some pages sometimes.

Anyways, I am just curious, as I am getting a gist that this device is now going to have all of its orders fulfilled and the zion is now... just going to wait indefinitely? Just wondering if that seems to be accurate? I haven't figured it all out yet/don't have time right now to read everything.

@MrPeanut Thanks for making me feel like an idiot for supporting your friend?

MrPeanut

Not sure what my personal shopping preferences have to do with you identifying as an idiot. I simply stated I would not do it for ANY product or company. To show that I CANNOT relate to any of you when it comes to these customer service issues or pre-order delays that are certainly not exclusive to RBT. I trust RBT with my life in some very dangerous outdoor environments like camping in -20 deg F weather when I have had two heart attacks, heart and kidney failure and epilepsy. I trust him with my children. He is a stand up man. He has worked hard his entire life and continues to.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I would never fork over my hard earned money to an unknown company or dude from a website for a product that does not exist yet. So I cannot relate to you that have done that.

I can prompt him all I want but the fact is he is his own man. It is his company and he will work and communicate when he wants. I never said I agreed with that. It is just the way it is and will be.
Speculation is futile. From any of us.

Enjoy your early morning med session.
It has been enjoyed! I have never payed for anything before launch and this was a first.

I ordered even after RBT was taking heat for being 'rude' to people. (I don't see it as such)

But RBT did not get my business due to his savvy buisnesses techniques or polite demeanor...

It was due to the feedback (of a real item btw) of peoples opinions I respect here on this forum.
@VegNVape (first),
@IAmKrazy2 and @Shit Snacks were the main culprits.

I am in an adult and I have made a firm decision I feel confident in standing by.

I also enjoy the soup-Nazi feel of this whole set up, it makes me feel exclusive.

I think people here want to see RBT succeed and spread the gospel to as many people as they know...a less heavy handed approach from the RBT trilogy (like it or not you, karma and the big man are viewed as such) would inspire more growth. You catch more Flys with honey.

And I get it, you don't work for him. He doesn't make you privy to every bit of information for you to communicate. And I'm sure it's downright frustrating on your end to log in everytime and feel like an unpaid customer service rep.

Thanks for what you do share.

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
I still don't get the mindset going on here. So everyone is ok with this device leapfrogging the Zion? Why is it that any critical talk is frowned upon here or anywhere in FC for that matter? Just kudos, and pats on the back are acceptable. Pretty over it.

Last edited:

jim-bob

I know that a chorus of people shouting "WELL JUST TAKE THE REFUND THEN" isn't always helpful, but in this case I feel like they're right. I've been a lot less keyed up over how poorly this rollout is going now that I no longer have five hundred of my hard-earned american dollars tied up in the ether. I strongly recommend you do the same if the process is causing you distress.

I don't believe the CS is going to change, but we have the power to change how it affects us. :2c:

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
Well, if the Milaana is half as effective at the TOD I will be very happy. The TOD is a handful. I get the same results as with my Beta Loki before I broke it and it made the pilgrimage back to RBT. My Logi (production Zion) remains the preferred vape for flowers in my Arsenal. Here's TOD pictured with Logi.
or2t81B.jpg

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Yeah, one of the things I'm most looking forward to is letting my combusting friends try my Milaana and saying 'See! Vaping can replace smoking, you just need the right device'.
I just don't feel confident that my INH05 would convert many/any folk, so it almost never leaves home, or get lent out (and the less said about my only other vape, an Aida, the better)

My INH will keep me content till Milaana touches down though.
So everything still looks sunny enough from my perspective, and the actual weather (pissing down) provides the perfect excuse for another stem :cheers: :chill: :smug:

Thanks for all you are able to pass on to us Mr-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom