Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I've used Nitecore i4, Xtar (x2) VP2, SP-1, no-name Chinese (1st Li charger)......and what intrigues me right now is the Soshine H4 - Universal charger (NiMH too). I have no direct experience with it - so I'm not really recommending it......just saying that it's the next one I want to try out.

But after giving away my Nitecore i4 4-bay charger to my nephew, I think that with the Apollo, Milaana and Grasshoppers incoming.....along with my flashlights.....that a 4-bay charger will be a nice option to have in the future.

Was also interested in the eFest 4 LUC4.....but reviews showed slight undercharging taking place and 2A charging also available on SP-1, if I want one cell done quickly......otherwise rapid charging is hard on batteries and their lifespan. :o:(

Nothing wrong with the D4 but it seems like the one that is assumed to be "best" and most recommended when there are so many options available......its good to do a little research. :sherlock:

So - I've got the battery charging situation sorted.......just waiting for my new vapes to arrive. I really don't drain flashlights as fast as I would drain my new vapes :)

I like my Nextar VP4. It only does 4 batteries at either .25 or .5amp, OR 2 batteries at 1 amp but I charge overnight at .5a anyway. It can bring a completely dead battery back to life unlike my Nitecore. I harvested a couple of old laptop batteries to get 16x 18650's out of those 16 only 1 was actually a bad cell. I got 8 panny's and 7 Samsung unprotected cells free from raiding my IT closet at work lol. They are all flat tops, not buttons but I correct that easily with a drop of solder on the end ;) Niether battery would charge in the laptop but 15 out of 16 were somehow still good individually after being fully charged in the VP4. They aren't super high drain batteries like some I have so I will have to see if they can keep up with the RBT Heater tech.

DF89EBBF-DDB2-443D-B5B6-0DECF591C8F1.jpg

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Hm no, the current recommendation is minimum 20A continuous. There aren't that many different cells that can work for this application. IMR's are highly recommended especially in the Mi as there's no low voltage cutoff at all (contrary to the Zion) It can go way too low for your average Li-Ion. At least with IMR's it should stop producing vapor way above the manufacturer specified 2.5V min cutoff.

GTAVaper

Can anyone with a Milaana and a multimeter measure the current draw and voltage of the Milaana at the beginning of a fresh battery as well as at the endpoint after which the battery stops being effective?

Last edited:

hippogriff

Hey Z-team, how's the beta going? Any changes (and additional rounds of beta) happening or likely?

(NOT meant to express impatience, or to enable or support anyone feeling impatience, soooo tired of entitled consumers needing hand holding, just curious cause prod development is interesting)

Last week I did the pre-order. Bummed to see that there is no locking switch/removeable battery... I think I'll still be able to appreciate it for what it is, purely mechanical.

I have seen twist to lock button's very similar to this one, on other mods. Wonder if it will be possible to pop it out :0 and replace it with a locking one.

Really excited about this thing, no time for preheats at work.... Right now I have the Haze V3, and the AIR, pretty cool vapes, but if you got a 4 minute smoke break, its just not enough time for a session.

The button will not bother me at work, where I need it most, wont be in my pocket, sure would like SMALL leather belt holder for it though... that can hold all the equipment that i need for a couple sessions.

TheRobbo

Last week I did the pre-order. Bummed to see that there is no locking switch/removeable battery...........

Not sure if you have it quite right... It is correct that there is no locking switch but the battery is most definitely removable! I would not be on the list if it weren't. As far as I can see it the removable battery IS the locking switch. Which will take all of about 3 seconds to remove/insert. (Don't think you even have to pay attention which way round it goes in? Though may have better contact one way vs the other?)
If one was to have a belt pack (bum bag?) With Mi stem battery and stash in, I can imagine loading stem inserting battery and stem 5 second preheat and draw taking less than a minute... 2 or 3 more hits blow out stem remove battery and put everything back in pack and you would still have 2 or 3 minutes left of said 4 minute smoke break.:science: Could probably even squeeze in an actual cig to cover the smell as ur at work (if you are so inclined)

Last edited:

MrPeanut

Zion, stealing faces since 2015
I HIGHLY doubt anyone would need to preheat Milaana unless they like to instantly char a load.

@TheRobbo yes the battery can go in either way but to make the connection properly the button end (+) goes inside the unit and the copper seats on the (-) as you said.

Having spent a few weeks with Killer and Moe now I can easily put battery in, load a stem and get righteous with one hand while using the loader or backhoe or a fishing pole. Second nature.

My bad guys I meant disable rather than removal. Yeah I figure that the shape of the box/door/magnets will make it pretty easy to pop in/out...

I guess the part that I should be more concerned about is loading stems, since that probably takes way longer, and when on the move, always wishing you could reload faster....

Figuring out some kind of side car, for herbs, so you can pull the stem, blow out, and vacuum fill

Liking the shorty stem I saw on here as well, really stealth and I like that. Would much prefer a glass shorty tip for water filtration though.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I HIGHLY doubt anyone would need to preheat Milaana unless they like to instantly char a load.

@TheRobbo yes the battery can go in either way but to make the connection properly the button end (+) goes inside the unit and the copper seats on the (-) as you said.

Having spent a few weeks with Killer and Moe now I can easily put battery in, load a stem and get righteous with one hand while using the loader or backhoe or a fishing pole. Second nature.

Yeah, except when the battery is sub 3.95v (and especially on a nonfresh bowl) I need to preheat... But its matter of a few extra seconds, still instant really. Also if final production is a hair hotter like me and @IAmKrazy2 suggested then yeah even less likeliness of any necessary preheating

Bandoo

I wonder if you can use a smaller diameter stem than the 18mm?
The Solo is 12.5mm and that seems pretty comfortable.
Maybe stems with a glass screen so its all glass pathway.
I wonder if its better to have a wide but shallow or a narrow but deep oven/stem for taste etc.
Other than the stem questions it looks like the ideal design.
Like the mflb of the convectors.
Got a AA and a Pax2.
They work great but sometimes I forget that I turned them on...

SteamfunQ

Personally speaking i still have 18.8mm glass slides from my combustion days, so im looking forward to trying some of those out as mouthpieces with the mi. Not that im counting on it working, i think it'll be fun to try:) (joint length permitting of course)

Last edited:

MrPeanut

Zion, stealing faces since 2015
Whatever you do make sure you do not put more pressure than a standard stem would on the heater screen and female glass joint. I do not think those things would be covered under warranty. I am not sure on the specifics though but I think only US standard 18mm joints are recommended.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I wonder if you can use a smaller diameter stem than the 18mm?
The Solo is 12.5mm and that seems pretty comfortable.
Maybe stems with a glass screen so its all glass pathway.
I wonder if its better to have a wide but shallow or a narrow but deep oven/stem for taste etc.
Other than the stem questions it looks like the ideal design.
Like the mflb of the convectors.
Got a AA and a Pax2.
They work great but sometimes I forget that I turned them on...

Yeah, i agree I wish it was all glass, but the steel screens allow for precisely the versatility you describe so it's a worthy trade off. Maybe after market options though... Mouthpiece isn't that far off from Solo, thicker glass and better airflow. Pure convection mflb is right!

GTAVaper

The positive terminal of a flat top still has a round "button" that is flush with the rest of the top of the battery whereas with a "button top" this positive terminal protrudes out from the top surface

GTAVaper,
Reactions: AJS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom