Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Are the DDave components (screens, stems, 18 to 14 down converters, concentration Chambers) still available?

I've seen this a couple of places, the "OG" stem. What does it stand for?

OG technically means ocean grown out here in CA, but often means original gangsta or just original rather, as is the case here. He is referring to the original stock stem that comes with the Milaana (still my most used set up too). Ddave accessories are not designed to fit the Milaana, some early adopters got lucky though

Last edited:

bloomin

Does all the work going on new products mean production has stopped on the Milaana I. ( Patiently waiting for Vapefiend to be re- stoked ) I'd rather not import unless there's no other option. Cheers :tup:

bloomin,

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
Does all the work going on new products mean production has stopped on the Milaana I. ( Patiently waiting for Vapefiend to be re- stoked ) I'd rather not import unless there's no other option. Cheers :tup:
No there are some going out. Just not sure to who.

Other Side,

Rasputin

Bobcat @ VLife. Le__Bobcat @ IG

I was fortunate to catch @RastaBuddhaTao on IG when he mentioned your suggestion of a recessed RBT triangle around the air inlet.

I love the idea for 1) branding, and 2) functionality, to assist a finger in finding the hole if one chooses to carb. I think a 'branded' triangle, like on a cow, would be slick as well.

Thanks for all your RBT feedback on prototypes.

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
I was fortunate to catch @RastaBuddhaTao on IG when he mentioned your suggestion of a recessed RBT triangle around the air inlet.

I love the idea for 1) branding, and 2) functionality, to assist a finger in finding the hole if one chooses to carb. I think a 'branded' triangle, like on a cow, would be slick as well.

Thanks for all your RBT feedback on prototypes.
It's funny because when I first told Ryan I said the exact same thing!

@bloomin Vapefiend will get some. I asked Ryan today. He's gotta get the Splinters done that he has parts for and then he will finish those off and get them out. Will be shipping out no later than next week, possiblity earlier.

bloomin

It's funny because when I first told Ryan I said the exact same thing!

@bloomin Vapefiend will get some. I asked Ryan today. He's gotta get the Splinters done that he has parts for and then he will finish those off and get them out. Will be shipping out no later than next week, possiblity earlier.
Great news, many thanks Thanks for finding out, I appreciate how busy he must be. He just does some great work and I look forward to owning a Milaana again !

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
:wave:

Seems like a happy bunch in here. Lot of familiar faces.
I have a new to me Milaana headed my way. Giddy with anticipation!
I really should unsubscribe from the classified thread.:doh:
Time to do some research to figure out how to use it. I'm up to the name change from Ion to Milaana. :sherlock:

awmaster10

Cradling a new spalted maple Mi!

Fantastic first couple of draws. Intuitive from the get go. Finally, *quiet* RSI friendly, on demand convention vaping, no pen clicks, cap pops or zzzzzzz. The taste omg.

Great, until the basket dropped.

I have to say, the whole in stem screen system seems really wonky. I just don't really get it.

I have standard rbt and basket screen (arizer style from Amazon).

Nothing quite seems natural. One screen is too small without adjustment, another too large.

Ok one goes all the way in, but then it keeps on going: the further up the stem, the looser the fit. Press back down from above, you can mangle the screen. You get kind of to a maybe sweet spot, but the grip is precarious.

The true basket type, for me, fall right out.

I feel like I'm missing something obvious.

Is there a best posting on this thread on the topic? A YouTuber who really wrestles with this? Would someone address the subject afresh? I've looked around, couldn't find answers.

Regards, and thanks truly.

jCcAqGH_d.jpg

I found myself struggling with the stock screens as well, but being that I always have different screens laying around from older vapes, I immediately started packing my Milaana like a 7th floor vape. If you’re not familiar, you just put a normal flat screen at the “rim” at the end of the 18mm joint and “cap” it with the Arizer dome screen that you already have.

This makes packing and emptying a breeze, you never have to adjust a screen, and the BEST part is instead of stirring the load you can just take out your stem and shake or tap it a couple times.

I find also that this method allows the bud to flow freely and circulate through the large 18mm joint, reducing hot spots, increasing longevity of flavor, and reducing draw resistance. I will never go back to non capped setups and turning the vape upside down to take out the stem to avoid spillage (or tamping too tight to avoid this and getting hot spots). I will also never go back to the movable stock sliding screens which are a pain.

Yet another advantage is that the increased distance from the heater makes temp regulation a ton easier, and big flavorful hits can be taken by inexperienced users by just riding the button and not much risk of combistion. This of course does mean worse battery life and efficiency.

The method I describe is not amazing for tiny tiny micro doses because they are spread out and far from the heater, but if you want to micro dose just pack the actual Arizer dome screen.

In response to 30q fans, that’s what I use as well. Awesome batteries and great consistent performance.

Also thought I should share my new low profile setup for on the go. Hits a bit hotter than the sidecar I posted earlier, but the whole stem sits over the body of the vape for super easy carry. Smaller than with the small stock stem!

uIiJqj6.jpg

analytika

Where did you guys get your 30qs? And what's the diff between hgs?
bought a couple of 25Rs from Amazon -- apparently genuine, I guess I got lucky -- and have a HG2 and 30Q order pending from imrbatteries.com.

I shied away from the HE4 and VTC5 which i understand to be higher pulsing discharge rate. Mistake?

analytika,

mixchu69

I found myself struggling with the stock screens as well, but being that I always have different screens laying around from older vapes, I immediately started packing my Milaana like a 7th floor vape. If you’re not familiar, you just put a normal flat screen at the “rim” at the end of the 18mm joint and “cap” it with the Arizer dome screen that you already have.

This makes packing and emptying a breeze, you never have to adjust a screen, and the BEST part is instead of stirring the load you can just take out your stem and shake or tap it a couple times.

I find also that this method allows the bud to flow freely and circulate through the large 18mm joint, reducing hot spots, increasing longevity of flavor, and reducing draw resistance. I will never go back to non capped setups and turning the vape upside down to take out the stem to avoid spillage (or tamping too tight to avoid this and getting hot spots). I will also never go back to the movable stock sliding screens which are a pain.

Yet another advantage is that the increased distance from the heater makes temp regulation a ton easier, and big flavorful hits can be taken by inexperienced users by just riding the button and not much risk of combistion. This of course does mean worse battery life and efficiency.

The method I describe is not amazing for tiny tiny micro doses because they are spread out and far from the heater, but if you want to micro dose just pack the actual Arizer dome screen.

In response to 30q fans, that’s what I use as well. Awesome batteries and great consistent performance.

Also thought I should share my new low profile setup for on the go. Hits a bit hotter than the sidecar I posted earlier, but the whole stem sits over the body of the vape for super easy carry. Smaller than with the small stock stem!

uIiJqj6.jpg
Can you please show a picture of the 18mm joint and cap? want to try implementing it. Thanks.

awmaster10

Can you please show a picture of the 18mm joint and cap? want to try implementing it. Thanks.

5j6eVHS.jpg

t3TOg3h.jpg

These are two different mouthpieces but still shows the inside of the joint and the bottom screen and then the cap. The regular flat screen would go basically where the frosted glass ends. It sits on the little ledge that is inside the joint between the ground glass section and the rest of the mouthpiece. You may have to slightly expand your Arizer dome screen to act as a cap and fit tightly.

mixchu69

5j6eVHS.jpg

t3TOg3h.jpg

These are two different mouthpieces but still shows the inside of the joint and the bottom screen and then the cap. The regular flat screen would go basically where the frosted glass ends. It sits on the little ledge that is inside the joint between the ground glass section and the rest of the mouthpiece. You may have to slightly expand your Arizer dome screen to act as a cap and fit tightly.
Thanks. Helps a lot

mixchu69,

bostonthrowaway7721

To clarify: let's refer to the stem by "mouth end" and "oven end", and let's assume we're talking about the stock stems (for the moment)

You're describing a situation where you press-fit a flat screen (sized to fit an 18mm ID) down the mouth end to the beginning of the ground glass section, and leave it there semi-permanently. Then load herb from the oven end and plug with a concave rimmed screen to make a flat screen -- herb -- domed screen sandwich.

am i thinking about this right? ( I too am annoyed by the stock screens, so i'm looking for a better way)

bostonthrowaway7721,
Reactions: dodgy_b

awmaster10

To clarify: let's refer to the stem by "mouth end" and "oven end", and let's assume we're talking about the stock stems (for the moment)

You're describing a situation where you press-fit a flat screen (sized to fit an 18mm ID) down the mouth end to the beginning of the ground glass section, and leave it there semi-permanently. Then load herb from the oven end and plug with a concave rimmed screen to make a flat screen -- herb -- domed screen sandwich.

am i thinking about this right? ( I too am annoyed by the stock screens, so i'm looking for a better way)

The flat screen would actually be placed at the oven end, and the cap screen placed directly over that. So the bud sits in a ~1/2 inch area of the oven end ground glass joint. I pack the herb to fill about half of the pack area and leave it loosely packed.

I tried to mark approximately where the ends of the pack would be on the oven end glass joint. Note that on the oven end the cap does not start at the very edge of the joint because the concave dome screen would be poking up into the joint and taking up a bit of space. I pack to just about half way between these two lines.
at6GYNF.jpg

bostonthrowaway7721

The flat screen would actually be placed at the oven end, and the cap screen placed directly over that. So the bud sits in a ~1/2 inch area of the oven end ground glass joint. I pack the herb to fill about half of the pack area and leave it loosely packed.

Ah! OK, i got you. And standard pipe screens work fine for the flat screen, i'm guessing.

bostonthrowaway7721,

sickmanfraud

Since there were a few battery questions I will post 2 links to legitimate batteries.

imrbatteries.com very highly recommended Have purchased from them, 4-6 times.

Illumn.com free shipping on orders over $50. Batteries are a bit cheaper, but they did not have what I wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom