Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
What is this turbolator? Does my Milaana have one? So many open questions...
Turbulator is in most units sold since July I believe. It is attached to the heater to mix up the flow but it isn't mica. It helps with central hot spotting as it spreads the airflow outward whereas without one, heat centralizes and creates a hot spot for those too heavy on the trigger, packing too tight and/or packing too close to the heater. Not a cure all but an improvement to the continuously dynamic RBT Tech.

PS Thanks for the plug in your signature!

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️PPS The Clear is Back! ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

20171017_172412.jpg

Walnut ⬆️
20171017_165519.jpg

Walnut ⬆️
20171017_165454.jpg

Walnut ⬆️
20171017_164215.jpg

⬆️ Cherry
20171017_164251.jpg

⬆️ Cherry
20171017_094411.jpg

⬆️ Maple
20171017_094425.jpg

⬆️ Maple
20171017_094451.jpg

⬆️ Maple

Last edited:

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
Turbulator is in most units sold since July I believe. It is attached to the heater to mix up the flow but it isn't mica. It helps with central hot spotting as it spreads the airflow outward whereas without one, heat centralizes and creates a hot spot for those too heavy on the trigger, packing too tight and/or packing too close to the heater. Not a cure all but an improvement to the continuously dynamic RBT Tech.

Then I do not have this nice thing in my Milaana, I guess... If I have a problem with the Milaana, then it's the middle hot spot that always roasts my load, no matter how much I try to work with the thing. Not a show stopper at all, but would be much nicer without...

PS Thanks for the plug in your signature!

Just a very, very tiny attempt to give something back. Ordering with you was nothing but pure pleasure and I am still VERY grateful for your more than adorable help with my "problem".

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Then I do not have this nice thing in my Milaana, I guess... If I have a problem with the Milaana, then it's the middle hot spot that always roasts my load, no matter how much I try to work with the thing. Not a show stopper at all, but would be much nicer without...

Just a very, very tiny attempt to give something back. Ordering with you was nothing but pure pleasure and I am still VERY grateful for your more than adorable help with my "problem".
Wait why wouldn't yours have it? Didn't you buy two recently?

Vapetrees,

squigger

It helps with central hot spotting as it spreads the airflow outward whereas without one, heat centralizes and creates a hot spot for those too heavy on the trigger, packing too tight and/or packing too close to the heater.

I cant take massive hits because of this. It turns the middle black and I cant just stop in the middle of my rip to stir it and i cant shake my bong while im hitting it. It sounds like it could be the same as just like a second tunnel or some plate at an angle or something to spin the weed. Kinda pisses me off These guys are so secretive about it. Either you have a patent or you don't. Is there a teardown video anywhere? Every Other vape has one. I've seen what the heater looked like. Some steel mesh curved around some spooky heater. Bravest how could you have not seen it if you transplant the heater and stuff into new wood. 420 edc said its attached to the heater so i guess it must be tiny directional plates that make spiral

If its just spiraling the air couldn't I make a "turbulator" in a glass or wood joint and just put the weed further down the joint?

I used it through a bong a lot. Does turning the vape while hitting do anything beneficial?

squigger,

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
Kinda pisses me off These guys are so secretive about it.
It's not a secret, I just told you folks what it does and what it is not made out of.

How new are you to the Milaana? I'd blame the use of the unit through water the culprit of the hotspotting, not the vape itself. A hotspot is created by:
  • Too much material packed too tight
  • Material is too close to the heater
  • Too much trigger time
  • D: All of the above in some fashion (or not)
I don't think there is a patent but maybe Ryan filed it under some entity or group, I have no clue. The heater is glass, stainless steel and mica. RBT is very open with the design and helping folks like @Bravesst with modifications etc.

squigger

It's not a secret, I just told you folks what it does and what it is not made out of.

How new are you to the Milaana? I'd blame the use of the unit through water the culprit of the hotspotting, not the vape itself. A hotspot is created by:
  • Too much material packed too tight
  • Material is too close to the heater
  • Too much trigger time
  • D: All of the above in some fashion (or not)
I don't think there is a patent but maybe Ryan filed it under some entity or group, I have no clue. The heater is glass, stainless steel and mica. RBT is very open with the design and helping folks like @Bravesst with modifications etc.

Does the turbulator make the weed move around? would my idea of a turbulator in a joint work? From what I read 100 pages back and seeing xlr8shun say its a no no topic made it seem like it was a secret. Didn't realize they're all cool about it now. Feathering wont do anything if I'm trying to take a massive rip. The heat will still go through the center.

squigger,

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
Feathering wont do anything if I'm trying to take a massive rip.

This is your problem and the thought process behind that belief.

You aren't riding a wave, you are going from 0-700˚ rather than trying to ride the wave between 350˚ & 400˚.

You can try rotating the stem between hits, but I don't recommend twisting the Milaana attached to any water apparatus as that is an accident waiting to happen especially when also trying to press the power button.

The issue 100 pages back in the thread is the announcement of the Turbulator tech and the time it took for it to be incorporated into the build process and then be available for sale to the public. Now that units are selling with them inside, I have no issue discussing it as eventually one of them is going to break, someone will post a photo and all will be revealed (Kashmir echoing in the background).

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@squigger yes its the variables involved in a powerful unregulated manual vape like this. Most have discussed how it is harder to pick up the proper technique through water, how it helps to sense the heat so you can modulate your draw and feather the trigger accordingly... Also don't grind too fine, or pack too tight, but a loose load medium grind should be best to work with other variables. Can move the screen further to help, try other screens, lot of options, but imo first is practice practice practice with this alone without other vapes and not through water to really learn to control with your inhale style and button useage... Ditto @Dynavaper you have the turb, but its not some magic contraption that solves for all technique learning curves for all people, as someone who knows the tech very well having the turb makes it all easier and more consistent in my experience, but there are a number of other variables involved That make my new unit out perform my old ones... They all work well, they are all just extremely user dependent regardless of any refinement and whatever batch they came from :2c::peace:

squigger

Varying the heat wont change that its still going into the center. The only thing i can really do is have a really course grind and have a big chunk of weed in the middle.I'm thinking it could put two layers of screen one to hold the weed and the other to hold like a ball bearing or something. have it stuck in the middle so air goes around it and heats the edges. then you just take that out and hit the middle. Or have it super light so it rolls around. Or have a spiral in the joint. Or like a little mill type thing you see in bongs. That would blow around the weed a little and put a little resistance at the start of the draw. It would probable send a ton of vapor out the stem after you hit it but use a bong most of the time so thats fine. Anything to not have to stir halfway through a massive hit.

squigger,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I think this is a case of the wide open airflow making it difficult for you to modulate your hits. I suspect a dirty screen or @DDave reduced flow stems might be a help for you. If you hit the Milaana too hard there is no way for the airflow to use the full diameter of the bowl and it shoots right through the center and only exhausts that portion of the bowl, leaving a dark spot.

Keep practicing, but try reducing the power of your draw. Long low pressure hits work great once you figure it out. I DO often stir between big hits, but I never feel like I can't get through a hit, however large, without stirring.

metaknight

I dab. A lot.
Question! Seems the tubes are 18mm sized??? Maybe that means that if the colored glass is out, I'll order some colored glass from 7th floor :cool:

metaknight,

xlr8shun

Question! Seems the tubes are 18mm sized??? Maybe that means that if the colored glass is out, I'll order some colored glass from 7th floor :cool:
i order from 7th floor for my EQ elbows..

granted i have not ordered from there in a while, but the elbows i ordered are all ISO dimensions, not US dimensions. the taper is to long for the Milaana. might want to send them an email and ask before ordering

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
Could you experienced guys please kindly define "slow draw"?
Slow like a slow draw from a Pax?
Slow like a slow draw from a Firefly 2?
That slow that it nearly doesn't happen?
The real slow?
So slow that you are not even sure whether you are still taking a draw?

I mean, really - I consider my draws already as quite slow. It will be hard to do it slower. I preheat the device for 3-5 seconds and keep the button pressed, inhale SLOWLY until I feel slight heat at my lips and tongue. I then stop pressing the button and draw very, very slow. Still, latest after the second run, I will have a black spot in my load. I use a coarse grind, not stuffed, about 5mm - 1cm (0.20 - 0.40 inches) distance between weed and heater. What am I doing "wrong"? ;)

almost there

I ordered 5 colored stems from mountainglass.com and they fit from fine to perfect depending on color, cost $2.25 each:nod:

@Dynavaper the slowness will depend on heat or vapor coming into your mouth. If U don't feel the warmth and taste of vapor then you slow it even more till you notice that difference, when you do let go and ride the residual heat or you can flutter the trigger

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Could you experienced guys please kindly define "slow draw"?
Slow like a slow draw from a Pax?
Slow like a slow draw from a Firefly 2?
That slow that it nearly doesn't happen?
The real slow?
So slow that you are not even sure whether you are still taking a draw?

I mean, really - I consider my draws already as quite slow. It will be hard to do it slower. I preheat the device for 3-5 seconds and keep the button pressed, inhale SLOWLY until I feel slight heat at my lips and tongue. I then stop pressing the button and draw very, very slow. Still, latest after the second run, I will have a black spot in my load. I use a coarse grind, not stuffed, about 5mm - 1cm (0.20 - 0.40 inches) distance between weed and heater. What am I doing "wrong"? ;)

Slower than anything in my signature, like seriously really really slow.

It becomes second nature after awhile but just gently pull on it, the airflow is really wide/open so it's easy to draw to fast

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Because I have gotten good at modulating the heat I don't tend to draw as slow as I am recommending to someone who is having difficulty, but I also don't mind a little hot spotting because I stir. All the operable variables need to be coordinated to get the best hits at the flow speed you like, and it will be at least slightly different for everyone. That is the downside to unregulated. It is also an upside, as there are several ways to get what you want. It just takes practice. Same way you get to Carnegie Hall.

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
Okay, guys. I have just finished my very first bowl in the Milaana without a black hot spot and without stirring. I seem to slowly understand. I did not see much (if any) vapor, but it tasted very good, the herb is evenly vaped and I am high. Now I have to find out how to do the same, but with visible vapor. Fun time. :)

Thank you for the continued support! This is very much appreciated! :clap:

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Maybe, now that you have dried out your goods a little, if you do another hit exactly the same way (or with slightly more flow) you may get more visible vapor. Worth a try.
Exactly. This is what I've learned, the first draws are tasty but not a lot of visible vapor. Then I'll continue hitting it the same way and keep producing more and more vapor, until I'm done. I don't vape it until it's dark so I stop once the taste degrades.

squigger

So my piece im currently using is the bottom half of a Chinese hydra tower. with a inline perk with male 18mm joint with a tube connected to that.So it has to pull all the water through this long pipe to get to the actual perk. This one I might need that reduced air flow wood stem. I just broke my short stem emptying out my bong in the sink with the stem still in it. it will still work since i use it through the bong but that's now a bong only stem. Which is fine since i like seeing the vapor and it hurts my eyes to look down at the short stem while hitting it so i use the long stem for non bong hits.

Just hit it with the broken stem with less water. it seems the hot spot moved over to the corner where the break goes farther up. Most of the middle and all that side is now brown.

So now i put i think its an arizer air bucket screen or vape xhale buck screen and put it on the stem but not push down so it can turn freely. I turned the vape while i hit it and almost the entire bowl is black now besides just a tiny bit on one side since i didint turn it a full 360. It also might be because I used less water.

Last edited:
squigger,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom