Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTAVaper

:tup:
Just posted a Milaana, Apollo comparison with numerical rating in Apollo thread. Would post here, but I thinks that's against the rules...
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-venus-apollo.17905/page-44#post-988755

I don't believe that there is any difference in FC rules occurring between the different threads.....except perhaps multiple cross-postings.....which is usually an honest mistake....so I believe that you could have posted the same comparison here as you did on that thread......although since it was posted there first then the link would have been the most appropriate way to share this info.....if that is what you meant.

I think that a lot of the rated categories are highly subjective and are dependent on experience though......and IMHO I believe that these vapes fill different niches and support different roles.

However, since you have rated them to be equal overall......it is clear from your posts both in this thread as well as the Apollo thread that you are really enjoying both of these vapes very much.

That is excellent news! Since I am an Apollo owner and am really looking forward to the arrival of my Milaana

P.S. Nice new avatar btw

adam_baumm

@PlanetVape rocks. Not the first time they have provided excellent customer support.

I had to change my pickup day no problem. And now they have a nitecore charger and extra lg HE4 battery for me.
Can't wait to pickup my order.
They also reassured me these are retail units and have none of the early issues.

I'll post mid next week my experience.
I just received my dosing capsules for my mighty from storz and bickel and changed all my silicon o-rings. I am basically getting bong rips out of it. I'll give my comparisons.

DocGonzo

I would love to see a group of Mi owners get together to compare their units. It still seems to me that there's quite a bit of variance with the heater. From people having multiples saying one is hotter than the other to the somewhat significant differences in draw method to get consistent results, that's the impression that I get, at least. May be something that was addressed and cleaned up during the QC shutdown, but that's hard to know right now. The fact that it's so technique reliant likely contributes to that appearance, but I don't think it fully explains it.

DocGonzo,
Reactions: Vapenvy

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Is it that easy, though? That seems like one important variable, but what about things like heater depth?

I dono, I think its pretty fair to presume they're all more or less the same, and that its the users that are the biggest variable (and material ofcourse), though some early early units could have been tuned cooler or less perfectly constructed. I have one of the earliest betas that was tuned cooler/slower and a now a hotter/faster beta (has new intake screen but nonrecessed glass for example) and have been using both with the same material. They are equally effective and the only functional difference seems to be the hotter/faster one is indeed much faster with slightly better battery life as a result, I just hold the button even less than I did before (the newer one's body is also slightly bigger, that is the standard though, my original beta was just smaller than normal and rougher build quality in other ways, though the new one had a less sanded body that I smoothed out with Triihouse wax). You are right that I think the only way to know for sure would be for us all to start trading Milaanas it something, but these differences in reports really stems from the users imo, like most manual vapes do as I've seen here :2c:

Vapington

Seems like, even tho I'm a newb here, that I combust so easily with the MI, even on 3 second pulls it's tough at times! Not mad just need to dial in my technique
interesting, I've never come close to combusting and have definitely pulled with the button pressed for longer than 3 seconds.

my usual stem experience is 3-4 great draws (clouds and taste) to start. then taste will begin to fade and I will empty the load to a table, stir, and reload. next I'll get 2-4 good clouds. if I stir again at this point, the material is too crispy and no longer stays seated in the stem; half the bowl ends up resting in the heater screen. I'm using
basket screen and maybe .04-.06 material.

after my stem, the abv is generally about 90% medium browned with 10% looking untouched. because of the wide stem and inverted form, I haven't found a way to get the last 10% cooked.

said and done, the Mi is just so efficient that I'm getting more than enough out of the 90% of the load. can't really complain about the unevenness.

lazylathe

Almost there...
I was going to wait a few days before i posted my thoughts on the Milaana.
Lots of mixed reviews on the web and it seems as if a lot go on sale shortly after being bought.
Either way i was on the hunt for a portable unit for back yard use and this looked perfect!

I am the second owner of this vape so far.
The body is fairly smooth but could be improved for a more silky feel.
Burn marks from sanding have to be sanded out...
The join on the bottom is visible and the glue sticks out a bit, one of the things about gorilla glue.
Glass joint is firm inside body.
I have two washers on the bottom and one on top.
Button is flush to the wood body.

I tested it as i unpacked it! Battery was pretty drained but still got a good few super tasty hits!
I only have a Haze charger, so that is what i am using and it seems to charge the battery quite quickly.
Wit a fresh battery there is a very fine line between awesome taste and very dark, almost burnt tasting material.
It's a bit like riding your first MX dirt bike. Too much gas and you are on your ass! LOL!
I have been twisting the stem during inhales and find it works quite well for me.
If i do get a hot spot, it is directly in the center of the bowl. A quick stir and light tamp and you are ready to go! The flavor can last a very long time with careful throttle control.
Only a few small bowls in and the effects are really coming on nicely!

I am hoping we can get a long and play nicely together but that battery thing may just start to annoy me...
Any vape i have owned with replaceable batteries has not lasted very long with me...
This one may be different because it kicks some serious butt!

murf2010

interesting, I've never come close to combusting and have definitely pulled with the button pressed for longer than 3 seconds.

my usual stem experience is 3-4 great draws (clouds and taste) to start. then taste will begin to fade and I will empty the load to a table, stir, and reload. next I'll get 2-4 good clouds. if I stir again at this point, the material is too crispy and no longer stays seated in the stem; half the bowl ends up resting in the heater screen. I'm using
basket screen and maybe .04-.06 material.

after my stem, the abv is generally about 90% medium browned with 10% looking untouched. because of the wide stem and inverted form, I haven't found a way to get the last 10% cooked.

said and done, the Mi is just so efficient that I'm getting more than enough out of the 90% of the load. can't really complain about the unevenness.

Yeah my unit gets hot and really quick. I just need to feather it easier.

murf2010,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Just a bit curious, but what has been your "vapor journey" and how/why is it "essentially complete"?

:D it is actually detailed in my signature below (not visibile in mobile view I think), I am just being a bit theatrical when describing my two and a half years of fucking combustion with vape after vape is all, now essentially complete because I have kinda conquered my VAS finally with the proper tools for my needs :ko:

killick

But I like it!
@murf2010 have you tried moving your screen just a wee bit deeper, and filling about the same as before? Get your herb a little further from the heater and that should stop your combustion issues. If I FILL, hold the button, and suck like a horse I can draw heat into the herb enough to start combustion. Now I stay just a bit below the combusto line. If I feel like flirting with it a little... a drop of infused VG means no burning whatsoever, with cool, and huge, clouds.

murf2010

@murf2010 have you tried moving your screen just a wee bit deeper, and filling about the same as before? Get your herb a little further from the heater and that should stop your combustion issues. If I FILL, hold the button, and suck like a horse I can draw heat into the herb enough to start combustion. Now I stay just a bit below the combusto line. If I feel like flirting with it a little... a drop of infused VG means no burning whatsoever, with cool, and huge, clouds.
VG?

killick

But I like it!
The Dude best me to it. 5 drops VG to 1 drop any flavor extract, like vanilla, fur example. I have infused VG for other things, and decided to try this a couple of weeks ago. Interesting novelty :)

killick,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom