• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fluffhead

Recovering Idealist
It's a new PV stem, not yet for sale, they want a. FC members Feedback. I am pretty excited to be testing this potentially awesome piece. Should arrive by 7/1 according to PV. @TheDudeNextDoor
Is that the pvfs or do they have more varieties of stems coming? It's exciting for us milaana owners that pv is on board with RBT. I can't wait to see what else they come up with.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Sipping on a nug of Blue Dream loaded into the long stem.
Battery life is getting better with practice and more use of the vape.

I also sanded the Mi down with very fine sandpaper and then some 0000 steel wool.
Used some food grade salad bowl beeswax finish on her and she is now a golden color!
Very sexy, very smooth and silky feeling in the hands!:rofl:

EDIT: Came up with a tag .line for the Milaana!
If you can count to 5, you can use a Milaana! LMAO!!

Last edited:

nickzzzx

Got my Milaana today. Here's my first impressions. I got the latest model, with recessed glass, screened intake, and overall improved fit and finish. Everything is flush and tidy with no burn marks on the wood. I do intend on smoothing the body out soon because you can feel the raised grains, but this will only take a few minutes with sandpaper or fine steel wool.

Performance is pretty good. It performs almost like a portable DBV with on demand heating. I prefer the long stem to the short stem because it seems to smooth out the vapor and allow larger intake. I look forward to testing with a water tool. I have moved the screen back a couple mm from the original position, it seems to perform better if the load is a couple mm away from the end of the stem joint, otherwise it seems to get hot spots and uneven vaping. Slow draw is also key, but I'm still figuring that one out. My lungs are sure getting a workout.

Overall I like it. The price was fair, and it performs as expected. It will require much testing to perfect the technique I think. Great little 'portable' convection vape, but I will avoid taking this out of the house. Seems the Grasshopper is more suited for ultraportable stealth use where durability is a concern.

Mulehead

Milaana is my official new concert vape!
Mi joined my friends and I last week at Dead & Co, and last night to see Phish.
No problems getting it in or using it as much as we wanted.

The doob tube lids hold about a perfect bowl.
I invert tube before opening to fill the lid, then open and pour material from lid into palm and suck it up.
Super quick and easy to load.

Lots of residual heat when using in big groups, and loading multiple back to back bowls.
No accidental combustion events, and everyone that tried it, dug it.
Good times

nickzzzx

I'm a sucker for shiny, so I polished the copper battery door. Also smoothed out the wood with sandpaper and steel wool, but it's still 'unfinished' so I will have to think of what to do. Might do a wood engraving for fun too. I love that it's a blank canvas to work on. Thinking about tung oil stains, I have some high pigment pink, green, and yellow stains mixed with tung oil. A dark walnut color would look great too. Can't wait for exotic body Milaanas in the future, I know I would buy one.
giphy.gif

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I'm a sucker for shiny, so I polished the copper battery door. Also smoothed out the wood with sandpaper and steel wool, but it's still 'unfinished' so I will have to think of what to do. Might do a wood engraving for fun too. I love that it's a blank canvas to work on. Thinking about tung oil stains, I have some high pigment pink, green, and yellow stains mixed with tung oil. A dark walnut color would look great too. Can't wait for exotic body Milaanas in the future, I know I would buy one.
giphy.gif

that is crazy cool. what did you use to polish? I was thinking BRANDING or burning into the wood.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Battery question...again!

I am looking into some spare batteries for the Milaana.
The LG HE4 are only 3.7V while the LG H2 ones are 4.2V, also 3000 mAh and 20 Amp drain.

Would there be a major difference between the two of them?
Looking for some in Canada preferably.

I have found and read most of the battery posts here but am still a battery noob...

lazylathe,

fluffhead

Recovering Idealist
Battery question...again!

I am looking into some spare batteries for the Milaana.
The LG HE4 are only 3.7V while the LG H2 ones are 4.2V, also 3000 mAh and 20 Amp drain.

Would there be a major difference between the two of them?
Looking for some in Canada preferably.

I have found and read most of the battery posts here but am still a battery noob...
I am guessing you mean the hg2 for the second battery. They are brown while the he4 are yellow. Between the two I prefer the hg2 because I find I get an extra stem per battery over the he4 or Samsung 25r. I have gotten all three in Canada. Pm me if you have any questions.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
They are both 3.7V nominal and 4.2V when fully charged. The HG2 have a larger capacity but also a higher internal resistance: they will sag slightly more and can't deliver as many continuous amps, at least on paper.

For our application both are good and the HG2 might give more run time. Although I don't see that large of a difference in practice.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I look forward to mimimi (need a better name) as the best Q Milaana yet, as well as testing the new stem. Can't wait to see what PV dreams up, it is glass BTW.

AJS

Calm Consistency

Loving the D020 with the milaana...kinds sucks I didn't get one sooner...but I had China fears.
Ayyyy! Welcome to the D020-D club! 'bout time!
By the way, D020-D has blowback, in case you haven't noticed, and if you take your mouth off the mouthpiece the back pressure from the falling water can pop your herb out, and if you leave the Milaana on it, could pop some up to touch the heater screen. Not really an issue at all, but I always clear before removing my mouth (I don't literally take my mouth off, the English language is just weird :lol: )
TriMi (try me!)

Mi-lissa or Mildred....Maybe Minnie?
Mildred is awesome, I love old names like that and olga, betsy, bertha, ooooh, and Gladys (Gladice).

Might name my new one Gladys!
I really like the Milah Mina Zina though, rolls off the tongue nice.
Milah Gladys Zina, lol...We'll see, we'll see.

AJS

Calm Consistency
About how hard do you guys draw? Do you ever change your draw speed/strength?
Very slow at the beginning, and slow if my throat is feeling harsh. Halfway through, or towards the end, sometimes just for the fuckcombustion of it, I'll pull extremely hard for a few seconds to see what happens. The volume of vapor I get just isn't even funny. That's a bit too intense though sometimes, so normally I draw slow.
Recently I've been going a bit faster through water just to utilize the free airflow of the device. Just need a longer preheat and to start off slow to heat the herb, then start pulling harder.

When I say, "very slow", I mean about 15-20% of your max inhale speed.
"Extremely hard" is like 70-80%
Through water I've been starting at about 20% and increasing to 40%-60%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom