Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy10

So odd bc I found with the vapcap (early TiWoody) I had to draw ridiculously slow, your journey continues to intrigue me (I'll have og vapcap and omnivong soon though)...

Yeah Evo, also Daisy even better, but maybe you'll like the grasshopper since you have to draw super hard and fast there, which I find less than ideal (can be hot and harsh too)

I can draw fast in my Milaana, and I don't even preheat much really, its just starting off your draw really slow and speeding up as the heater rises in temp, can pull thick flavorful clouds in under 10 seconds.

Woohoo fantastic news!

I thought the lifetime warranty is just officially the Milaana warranty now? It will change again? I guess manuals will have to be changed eventually then too

With my VC OG I find I can draw as quick as I want. Screen and cotton is helping a heap with the MI

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Milaana made it back home earlier this week. The vape was returned to me in nicer condition than when it was new, the joint is now seated nicely and with a clear epoxy this time. For some reason it was returned with no more filter material, I may fit a screen as others have done. In the mean time I stuffed it with some of the leftover concentrate mesh. Pretty sweet for an electric, it won't have me dropping butane but its a definitely a nice supplement. Using a cheapo m2m setup for glass, its thinner than the rbt stems and seems to produce vapor a little quicker. Tried a lot of different options over the past few days. Really liking the HG2's, seem to run hot and last a little longer.

My whole warranty process took a long time and kinda sucked. Got taken care of in the end and am happy with the product though. I'm sure future warranty issues will be smoother now that things are settling in.

:tup: My rotation lately has been HCVG, Vapman, Project and Mi. Mi and the project are the only two electrics I've cared to use in quite a while.

I've found mi to very hammer like in both technique and effect. Surprised no one else has made that comparison.

EDIT: Immediately after fucking posting this my F fitting came loose using the short stem. Fuck my life, the issue however is very clear. Smooth glass doesn't take glue well, the surface needs some abrasiveness to grab to.

Ahh I was all :nod: happy for you and then bam saw your edit like :doh: hopefully it gets sorted out quicker than before... at least now you've gotten to use it proper, but even more of a tease then, sorry man

subway13029

Milaana made it back home earlier this week. The vape was returned to me in nicer condition than when it was new, the joint is now seated nicely and with a clear epoxy this time. For some reason it was returned with no more filter material, I may fit a screen as others have done. In the mean time I stuffed it with some of the leftover concentrate mesh. Pretty sweet for an electric, it won't have me dropping butane but its a definitely a nice supplement. Using a cheapo m2m setup for glass, its thinner than the rbt stems and seems to produce vapor a little quicker. Tried a lot of different options over the past few days. Really liking the HG2's, seem to run hot and last a little longer.

My whole warranty process took a long time and kinda sucked. Got taken care of in the end and am happy with the product though. I'm sure future warranty issues will be smoother now that things are settling in.

:tup: My rotation lately has been HCVG, Vapman, Project and Mi. Mi and the project are the only two electrics I've cared to use in quite a while.

I've found mi to very hammer like in both technique and effect. Surprised no one else has made that comparison.

EDIT: Immediately after fucking posting this my F fitting came loose using the short stem. Fuck my life, the issue however is very clear. Smooth glass doesn't take glue well, the surface needs some abrasiveness to grab to.
I was just thinking the same thing about the hammer today..it's basically the same thing..basically control the temp with 1 button..I can control the hammer just like the button on the mi..damn I'm glad you said that!

Ahh I was all :nod: happy for you and then bam saw your edit like :doh: hopefully it gets sorted out quicker than before... at least now you've gotten to use it proper, but even more of a tease then, sorry man

I have no intentions of sending it back this time lol. Not unless it doesn't work.

I'll go buy fancy glue, whatever he reccomends so he can access it again if need be or whatever. I'm not worried, atleast its glue this time. I plan to score the surface a bit with a dremel before gluing it back in place. A more economical option for Ryan would be sand blasting with a coarse medium for better adhesion. Slick glass won't cut it.

At any rate, I think this is more of a surface issue that could be remedied fairly easily.

I was just thinking the same thing about the hammer today..it's basically the same thing..basically control the temp with 1 button..I can control the hammer just like the button on the mi..damn I'm glad you said that!

Glad someone else see's it! I find they hold similar amounts of heat after you let off the button as well, you can coast a couple seconds after you let off either. The warmup routine for hits through glass seems to overlap as well, give it a good preheat and go to town.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
@nondarb : glad to have you back on tracks! But the glue getting undone sucks. I thought they had sorted this issue for good... My vote is still on finding a glue-less alternative and I've nagged Ryan since the beginning with that. So much that he threatened to use glue everywhere if I don't stop! :rofl:

Tommy10

I had to give away my hammer because it required too much pressure finger pressure to keep it working and I have a problem with that. No problem with Adrian. So similar maybe but I find the mi much easier to use.

Hammer and Mi work very similar I think, I had the hammer in mind when ordering the Mi, but your right hammer takes a lot of finger pressure, and needs a lot more preheat.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@nondarb : glad to have you back on tracks! But the glue getting undone sucks. I thought they had sorted this issue for good... My vote is still on finding a glue-less alternative and I've nagged Ryan since the beginning with that. So much that he threatened to use glue everywhere if I don't stop! :rofl:

Well he does have an earlier unit even so. Hopefully the bowl recession of the newer units helps resolve this issue...

I only got to use the hammer once and its great but I wasn't good at not inhaling the smell it outputs. My buddy then sold it bc he didn't like the longer preheat times. He's a Daisy man of course. Agreed about the finger pressure

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Hola FC and @nondarb and others, and probably future consumers that need to deal with 18F glass heater detaching...
What are you going now, I went through since week one on Milanesa. After many trials, I used parchment paper O-rings too, I need to search for a different material, something that makes it even more inert and boosts the performance...
I was thinking on wood, or cork, or ??? I guess there are many options available...
So I guess all this photos are self explanatory...
First clean very carefully the glass joint so no debris can fall on top of the heater.
Second, cut food/surgical/medical/??? silicon strips at least 2mm wide, by almost the circumference of the glass heater.
I believe uneven, meaning not super perfect edge, makes even more turbulence effect that I'm willing to achieve.
First silicon strip I tried to make it shorter so the airpath is more open at the bottom of the mod.
Note first silicon strip is facing the Milaana intake.
Note first silicon strip sits deeper/closer to the heater down/between the glass/wood.
I'm making the assumption that when the air comes here gets more turbulence at the end of the forth and back new airpath...

ThOtCb8.jpg

After carefully sitting the first silicone strip and trying not to force anything, you can help yourself with the back of a needle or tweezers or a small flat screwdriver, silicone is easy to squeeze and gentle pushed down,
(making sure that the bottom silicon strip is sealing/contacting the glass/wood to prevent air leakage to escape from the guided new airpath , a total PITA IMO, need to be very patient and careful and precise).....

carefully again, get the second longer silicon strip, and this time face the new air intake towards the flat/button side, of Milaana, makes sense??
Leaving at least 1mm gap between the top silicon edge and the 18F glass heater rim, makes sense???
nnox27C.jpg

Now because of this mod, the 18F glass heater of Milanesa sits snuggly and extra protected against bumps or falls I believe.
It sits really flush against the top flat wood body. I gently pushed till I felt it wasn't giving it more but without stressing it. It must be a minimal air leakage through there but nothing too bad I expect.
Still feels more restricted than normal and I add the cotton first/SS mesh on top as an extra restriction at the air intake. Still free airflow but not as airy as normal.
I'm even thinking on making a single layer flat parchment paper o-ring that can even make a better seal between the 18F glass heater rim and the flat top wood body.
6ycWDA0.jpg

Here you can see my @DrVape guitar pick mod, but with , I believe, a keep nice neck plastic thing that comes in shirts necks,
I have a guitar pick a friend gave me, the exact same size as the copper contact, but I need a dremmel to make a nice precise hole that looks nicer than my victorinox hole and scissors trimming ;) jaja

But this photo, what I really want you to see, is how the top silicon strip is closing Milanesa air intake and forcing the air to go around the glass heater and get through in the opposite side where the gap between the silicon end edges is about 2mm wide, forcing the air to take longer time???? to pass, getting hotter maybe by contact/longer time to pass???
between the glass heater rim/flat top wood and the new airpath created by the silicone strip...
And finally coming back under the top silicon strip to the back of the unit, where the second/bottom silicon strip end edges are probably 4mm wide, finally creating a faster escape for the probably already a little bit more warmed up first air draw with a fresh battery. I hope all my rambling and mod is making any sense???
I felt a difference with this mod IMO.
I think I lost one of my 4, I believe good Sony VTC4 green batteries. I don't really know if I lost it or I can't found it yet.
It worries me. I'd rather know that the battery is almost dead and I can charge it and safely store/recycle??? it, rather than not knowing where it is and knowing how dangerous they can be if they short... :(
One of the cons of being too medicated/stoned plus the use of 18650, unregulated, unprotected and lack of a safety lock for the button, plus the need to take the batt off the Milaana to be on the safe side, but risking loosing them or shorting them by accident... I believe a safety lock button or a guitar pick mod or something even better after that great mod based upon that great mod can make everybody happy with so little, right??

MbjK6dt.jpg

Stay vaped my friends and keep the mods and techniques coming...
IMO this mod makes a difference. Try by yourself at your own risk :rockon: :science: :evil:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
He made good on that threat you bastard :goon:

:shrug: Why'd ya do it man!?!?
(J/k of course)

I looked at it through a microscope and the wood isn't even real...it's particles of wood glued together on the molecular level.

@nondarb what's happening to you sounds like a fucked up episode of Seinfeld...not the predictable soup Nazi one, but a new episode; unique to this experience...lol

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Mi is better every day... so freaking instinctual.
There is probably an almost an infinite combo of variables that produce great results, but I found button depression timing, and draw technique to be most important, as they play off one another. It's like dipping a lighter into a fresh bowl back in the combustion days. You controlled it with higher feathering and careful drawing.

fluffhead

Recovering Idealist
Horrible news for me! I dropped my Milaana with the stem in it last night. I broke the short stem and now the button is permanently depressed. Hopefully, I will only be depressed temporarily unlike my poor button. I am also hoping that I will be able to get this fixed through PV and not have to ship my vape to the US.

I have a question on safety and usage. I checked the Milaana and it works, its just that the button is always in the on position. But having the guitar pick stops it from heating up. Would it be a bad idea for me to use my Milaana until I can get it fixed? I have checked and I can move the pick to be able to use it as an on/off switch, but I have no idea the safety of such an idea. Am I just best off using my Evo until I get my Milaana fixed?

anasrzi

Still loving my Mi more and more each day my only gripe is the stems it's came with, shorty fits so sung it's unreal compared to longy which has a bit of a wobble to it. Any way of getting more stems from anywhere easily at all?

I'm in the uk so would prefer a European seller but owing to the fitting being US 18mm I'd worry the average 18mm won't fit all that well, looked at dh gate but found nothing. Any links to where I could grab some extra stems cheaply?

@nondarb what's happening to you sounds like a fucked up episode of Seinfeld...not the predictable soup Nazi one, but a new episode; unique to this experience...lol

Well, its kinda funny. I waited nearly a week to post my impressions and as soon as I do I'm struck with disaster. :bang:

I only got to use the hammer once and its great but I wasn't good at not inhaling the smell it outputs. My buddy then sold it bc he didn't like the longer preheat times. He's a Daisy man of course. Agreed about the finger pressure

I truly find the preheat only around 5 seconds longer than my typical mi routine, after it's warm you utilize the button the same. Smells remedied easily enough by pointing the exhaust port away from your face. The pressure required is from particularly robust piezo igniters, David turned me on to a couple and while they seem to be excellent in use they made my vapman lighter super stiff unfortunately. :science:

If you get a chance to tinker with one again give it another shot, you might be glad you did! Then again I may just be a butane junkie :argh:.

@Zangano Cruel shoot Ryan (or .. Sheila maybe? IDK) a message, as someone who has had to deal with this process more than id like I can genuinely say its getting better.

Ryan was quick to respond to me, well past business hours and on a Friday night. :tup:

I started to consider making a cover of sorts with some thin copper stock I had laying around, if executed well it would be pleasing to the eye as well as well as provide a mechanical seal. :sherlock:

Hopefully he gets it figured out, because I suspect this problem will be a recurring one with the current system. Slick glass simply doesn't adhere well.

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Well, its kinda funny. I waited nearly a week to post my impressions and as soon as I do I'm struck with disaster. :bang:

I truly find the preheat only around 5 seconds longer than my typical mi routine, after it's warm you utilize the button the same. Smells remedied easily enough by pointing the exhaust port away from your face. The pressure required is from particularly robust piezo igniters, David turned me on to a couple and while they seem to be excellent in use they made my vapman lighter super stiff unfortunately. :science:

If you get a chance to tinker with one again give it another shot, you might be glad you did! Then again I may just be a butane junkie :argh:.

@Zangano Cruel shoot Ryan (or .. Sheila maybe? IDK) a message, as someone who has had to deal with this process more than id like I can genuinely say its getting better.

Ryan was quick to respond to me, well past business hours and on a Friday night. :tup:

I started to consider making a cover of sorts with some thin copper stock I had laying around, if executed well it would be pleasing to the eye as well as well as provide a mechanical seal. :sherlock:

Hopefully he gets it figured out, because I suspect this problem will be a recurring one with the current system. Slick glass simply doesn't adhere well.

I thought something in the same league to hold the 18F glass heater, and if you somehow extend it, you can make a uni-piece that'll act as an air intake filter as well. It'll look like even better IMO and with some tiny screws on the corners. It'll look nice. I'm mentally designing right now. Time to heat Milanesa and tinker again....
Stay vaped my friends...

@RastaBuddhaTao @charchol
I'll keep an eye on the mod I made for a new air path. I believe it can be a simple tweak during the CNC cutting of the Milaana wood body. I believe it can create a extra heating path for air without pushing the battery and heater so hard. If air is pre warmed before getting in contact with the heater is better, right???

Last edited:

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
Ok, so I tried my Concentrate stem mod with the Milaana with very satisfying results. It doesn't seem to get as hot as my Zion on full power, but the hit was very smooth and tasty. BTW there was another sentence there somewhere but Milaana stole it along with my face!

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
@fluffhead : there gotta be something wedging the button in place no? Can you still feel the spring pressure? Maybe try using a needle round the gap to dislodge any stuff that shouldn't be there.

@anasrzi : yeah glass manufacturing tolerances are an issue, regardless of RBT I mean. With the Ascent for instance we had to find the straw pair having the best match. For my Zions both GonG are slightly different and all my stems have slight variations and different amounts of play. But they receive them this way. The best they could do would be to try a few at the factory and select the one(s) with the least wobbly mating.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
For those newbies (me) that will be getting their Milaana soon, can you please tell us what technique changes you found made the biggest difference when learning how to get those perfect flavor/size hits? So far I've got: 5sec preheat, slow constand draw, release button before your lungs get full. Rinse/repeat?

Seems screen distance makes a difference as well. But that will mainly affect how much you load at a time.

Enjoy your Milaana!

I'd go easy with the 5 second preheat. Try 2 or 3 seconds if on a fresh batt, and work from there. You're probably going to be jockeying around with the button for a bit anyway. Think you'll find it works just fine right from the start, but takes a little practice to get it down and adjust to your preferences. IMO, this isn't a bad thing at all. Quite the contrary. It's a great thing! Am sure you'll see for yourself soon, but the control you have while hitting isn't quite like anything else I've experienced.

WooHoo! Milaana arrived today! What a beauty!
UcfiM6P.jpg

She is a pretty one! Very nice!

I have no intentions of sending it back this time lol. Not unless it doesn't work.

I'll go buy fancy glue, whatever he reccomends so he can access it again if need be or whatever. I'm not worried, atleast its glue this time. I plan to score the surface a bit with a dremel before gluing it back in place. A more economical option for Ryan would be sand blasting with a coarse medium for better adhesion. Slick glass won't cut it.

At any rate, I think this is more of a surface issue that could be remedied fairly easily.

Glad someone else see's it! I find they hold similar amounts of heat after you let off the button as well, you can coast a couple seconds after you let off either. The warmup routine for hits through glass seems to overlap as well, give it a good preheat and go to town.

Many with f-gong issues and hate to say it, but seems like this one still needs some working out. Really like @Zangano Cruel 's silicone fix, but hope I don't have to go there.

Not sure if this will work for all with subtle changes/corrections being done over the past month or so, but my simple fix was pretty easy. I just pushed the f-gong down into the hole a bit more and friction is holding it fine. The first 2 or 3 times I tried this, it came loose again in a day or so. But, hasn't budged in a couple weeks now. I do try to be aware of it and be careful, but think I either found the right matching orientation to get enough friction and/or stretched the wood just enough by doing it a few times so that it has the space to get in far enough. Where it is now, the top of the rim of the f-gong is pretty much flush with top of unit. In other words, no collar sticking up as on many of them. Be careful and don't push too hard if you try this. Keep an eye on the lower screen to be sure you're not adding any pressure to its edges. Don't really know if this would be an issue, but going on the necessity for US GonG sizes to assume it's not a good thing to push it down.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Still no word back from RBT on purchasing new Milaanas and when they'd plan on shipping those. I guess it's not in the near future for us Zion Preorderers. I want a full sleek production unit reeeaaal bad, haha. Mostly because I want to compare the usage between the two. I think it'll help me figure out the range of units and how each one differs, allowing me to find better descriptions on how to use the unit, avoiding "numericals", and referencing "feels".

Also, PV says they're low on screens currently and are in touch with RBT to finish the (6) screens orders.
Also, the caps PV sells will not fit over the button snug. I asked. He recommended the guitar pic method...someone's been watching ;)

Oogendoogan

So i finally got around to some modding thanks to @Vape Dr. here is a pic of my Milaana now in super safe mode, guitar pick and button cap installed. The botton cap is colored black with a sharpy which makes it look even nicer. Next step will be filing down the pick and creating a stem lock with it, giving me the ability to keep a stem and battery in place, ready to go in my pocket. using silicone can also help protect the stem even more. If anyone is interested in making their Milaana super safe and convinient to use on the go, reference @Vape Dr. posts about mods. With this being an unregulated device it is nice to have the piece of mind when keeping it in your pocket.
5jSRzlR.jpg

subway13029

So ive had a hard time mating my mi with water and i was using a m2m and the main issue was it was wide and screens wouldnt sit right,they would only sit at the top and then the load was mega vlose to the heater so i took the short stem with the screen about right where the ground glass starts and i used a @Ratchett 18 to 14 mm reducers on the mp end to mate to my glass and it is amazing! Creates a perfect seal with 14 or 18 mm female glass joint..and i am finally ae to use my mi thru water...i was having horrible results with a m2m..

bounce5

So i finally got around to some modding thanks to @Vape Dr. here is a pic of my Milaana now in super safe mode, guitar pick and button cap installed. The botton cap is colored black with a sharpy which makes it look even nicer. Next step will be filing down the pick and creating a stem lock with it, giving me the ability to keep a stem and battery in place, ready to go in my pocket. using silicone can also help protect the stem even more. If anyone is interested in making their Milaana super safe and convinient to use on the go, reference @Vape Dr. posts about mods. With this being an unregulated device it is nice to have the piece of mind when keeping it in your pocket.
5jSRzlR.jpg

What are you using for the button cap? And thanks for keeping the nails neat and tidy. Some of the hands in these Milaana pics are grossing me out with their eagle claws.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
So ive had a hard time mating my mi with water and i was using a m2m and the main issue was it was wide and screens wouldnt sit right,they would only sit at the top and then the load was mega vlose to the heater so i took the short stem with the screen about right where the ground glass starts and i used a @Ratchett 18 to 14 mm reducers on the mp end to mate to my glass and it is amazing! Creates a perfect seal with 14 or 18 mm female glass joint..and i am finally ae to use my mi thru water...i was having horrible results with a m2m..

See below for a much better explanation by @Vape Dr. himself. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom