Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vape Dr.

Milaana all day long IMHO. :D
I'm getting ready to post my grasshopper on the classifieds.

Milaana=4-6 bowls per battery:)
Hopper=1-2 bowls per battery:mad:

The Grasshopper is only stealthy if it's laying on the table without the session extender which I feel is mandatory if you take more than 2 hits.:shrug:

I never felt comfortable using the clip to hang it in my pocket. I ended up getting a cigar tube to carry the hopper safely with the session extender, then you have to bring at least 2 extra batteries with you.:uhoh:

The hopper doesn't fit in the leather sleeve with silicone tip on and it is no longer stealthy with it on.
Grasshopper vapor is way hotter because the oven is between your lips.:cuss:

I keep my Mi in my indica little felt bag. I don't even have to take it out to hit it when using the Vapexhale button cover. and my ninja stem.:ninja:

Don't get me wrong, the grasshopper is a great little vape with a lot of tech, but it's just not for me.
I got it because of the stealth but I feel the Milaana is just as stealthy, looks like a mod box. They come in all shapes and sizes now.;)

I just love RBTs K.I.S.S. thought process. Less to break. That's why I got rid of my crafty and FF2. The apps are cool, ya, but a pain in the ass IMO:goon:

The Milaana kicks ass plain and simple. (drop mic and walk away).........:cool:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Milaana all day long IMHO. :D
I'm getting ready to post my grasshopper on the classifieds.

Milaana=4-6 bowls per battery:)
Hopper=1-2 bowls per battery:mad:

The Grasshopper is only stealthy if it's laying on the table without the session extender which I feel is mandatory if you take more than 2 hits.:shrug:

I never felt comfortable using the clip to hang it in my pocket. I ended up getting a cigar tube to carry the hopper safely with the session extender, then you have to bring at least 2 extra batteries with you.:uhoh:

The hopper doesn't fit in the leather sleeve with silicone tip on and it is no longer stealthy with it on.
Grasshopper vapor is way hotter because the oven is between your lips.:cuss:

I keep my Mi in my indica little felt bag. I don't even have to take it out to hit it when using the Vapexhale button cover. and my ninja stem.:ninja:

Don't get me wrong, the grasshopper is a great little vape with a lot of tech, but it's just not for me.
I got it because of the stealth but I feel the Milaana is just as stealthy, looks like a mod box. They come in all shapes and sizes now.;)

I just love RBTs K.I.S.S. thought process. Less to break. That's why I got rid of my crafty and FF2. The apps are cool, ya, but a pain in the ass IMO:goon:

The Milaana kicks ass plain and simple. (drop mic and walk away).........:cool:

Yeah despite its automatic consistent nature, I feel like GH actually has more quirks and compromises, Milaana is just more like smoking used to be, dead simple and damn effective. Fancy tech, bells and whistles on GH, but vapor to vapor it is hot harsh and nowhere near as pure tasting and dense as Mi... In my very limited experience with GH so far, but self contained pen is true stealth though Mi out and about was not a problem at all, Grasshopper just has a few limitations based on its design while Milaana is all function before form

Oogendoogan

Thanks guys! Always loved the look of the GH and the idea of it. your opinions are truely valued and it's cool to see this conversation. Have a feeling it may turn into more of an arguement in the vape community as the milaana grows. I know the GH following is real lol.
Edit: from doing research I'm happy I chose the milaana :) my VAS wants a hopper but not before a Zion ;)

AJS

Calm Consistency
Thanks guys! Always loved the look of the GH and the idea of it. your opinions are truely valued and it's cool to see this conversation. Have a feeling it may turn into more of an arguement in the vape community as the milaana grows. I know the GH following is real lol.
Edit: from doing research I'm happy I chose the milaana :) my VAS wants a hopper but not before a Zion ;)
My VAS wants a hopper and ff2 real bad. On demand convection teasin me like a lovely hooters gal.
But of course, my Zion Pre Order is holding me over. I just feel like I'm getting an oversized Milaana with similar feel, so the VAS isn't completely cured. I want to try different on demand convection (ODC?) vapes. The ff2 seems like it has some exquisitely pure vapor, whereas the tech of the GH shows consistency in your draws. Can't wait to "catch 'em all."

My unit smells like adhesive by the way. I can smell it where the wood is sealed below and I can smell it from my female. More on that later.

grokit

well-worn member
I like my hopper, got a better constructed back end under warranty but now it's getting hot and the battery life is suffering correspondingly--I've been avoiding the threads, sorry to hear that they're still so far behind. I should check back in ugh I guess I should get another back end at some point, I hope they get it together.

Having said all that highlights what I like about mion; it is a much simpler design that just kicks vapor ass.

I CANNOT WAIT TO TRY ZION :whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip:!

bounce5

My VAS wants a hopper and ff2 real bad. On demand convection teasin me like a lovely hooters gal.
But of course, my Zion Pre Order is holding me over. I just feel like I'm getting an oversized Milaana with similar feel, so the VAS isn't completely cured. I want to try different on demand convection (ODC?) vapes. The ff2 seems like it has some exquisitely pure vapor, whereas the tech of the GH shows consistency in your draws. Can't wait to "catch 'em all."

My unit smells like adhesive by the way. I can smell it where the wood is sealed below and I can smell it from my female. More on that later.

If you can smell it from the female joint is it likely you are breathing some of the adhesive when vaping? If that is the case, how dangerous/risky is that?

Oogendoogan

The FF2 looks pretty cool, but I wouldn't buy it because I don't vape on the go enough. I feel like the hits wouldn't be big enough to satisfy me at home through water.. Idk I have asked people to prove me wrong and show me milk shots and I haven't seen one. I'll check the thread more.. Lol, I want a Zion so bad.. It's really a shame I can not pre order one anymore. Going to have to wait for planet vape I guess? I think that's my only option at this point :/

Oogendoogan,
Reactions: Vape Dr.

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong

If you can smell it from the female joint is it likely you are breathing some of the adhesive when vaping? If that is the case, how dangerous/risky is that?

It's on the outside. Not in the vapor path.

That is strange...there is no glue on the outside...one explanation could be the outgassing/smell came from inside passing through wood pores. When you take an empty hit through a clean glass stem do you notice any smell?

Did it always smell like that or does smell came with use?

Andreaerdna,
Reactions: bounce5

Vape Dr.

Nowhere yet.:brow:

*EDIT IN*

Isn't Randy and 42 degrees going to be the main US dealers?

Last edited:
Vape Dr.,
Reactions: grokit

AJS

Calm Consistency
That is strange...there is no glue on the outside...one explanation could be the outgassing/smell came from inside passing through wood pores. When you take an empty hit through a clean glass stem do you notice any smell?

Did it always smell like that or does smell came with use?
If I look at the female end, especially if I shine a light, I can see some, what I believe to be, adhesive gluing the female to the wood. On the side of the female, halfway down it and towards the top.

Andreaerdna

If I look at the female end, especially if I shine a light, I can see some, what I believe to be, adhesive gluing the female to the wood. On the side of the female, halfway down it and towards the top.

Thank you for your answer but I didn't understand all well
The glue you are seeing is the glue that keep female joint in place (at its normal place "inside the vape") or some kind of leaking of this glue on the outside of the joint/vape?

Also sorry to ask again, was the smell there since the day it arrived or it just popping out? I ask bcause there have been changes in the glue used, and you are the first user reporting this smell. When I asked informations about the glue long before launch I was assured it was odorless (in addiction to 100%safe).

do others milana owners smell glue on the outside of their vape?

AJS

Calm Consistency
The glue you are seeing is the glue that keep female joint in place (at its normal place "inside the vape") or some kind of leaking of this glue on the outside of the joint/vape?
It is in it's normal location, or normal to me at least...Just wherever you would imagine the Female being glued to the wood.
I think it's been there since day one...

I don't smell it INSIDE my female, but more around the outside. Probably leaking smell between the female an the wood.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Also sorry to ask again, was the smell there since the day it arrived or it just popping out? I ask bcause there have been changes in the glue used, and you are the first user reporting this smell. When I asked informations about the glue long before launch I was assured it was odorless (in addiction to 100%safe).

It is in it's normal location, or normal to me at least...Just wherever you would imagine the Female being glued to the wood.

I don't smell it INSIDE my female, but more around the outside. Probably leaking smell between the female an the wood.

Early pre orders have the female joint non recessed so epoxy can be visible and loosened as we've seen, why the change was made to recess it so newer ones don't have that like you say. Even so, mine does not smell at all and I don't know anything about a change in epoxy here, but it is discussed on the site, and here already. I don't know if anyone else had noticed a smell but that isn't normal as far as I know

anasrzi

Milaana vs Vapcap anyone???

Gardenerjeff

Have both including the new omni version but neither the OG glass or the omni comes close to replacing the mi now I have one. There great little vape's and my girlfriend still use the omni as she likes to puff away lightly which is perfect for the VC, I however love to pull massive flavourful clouds which the VC can do but not as easy, flavourful or thick as the mi :nod:.

If your considering buying one....... Buy both :)

AJS

Calm Consistency
2Ajftf8.jpg

You can maybe see the white thru the glass. I imagine that is what I'm smelling.

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
........My unit smells like adhesive by the way. I can smell it where the wood is sealed below and I can smell it from my female. More on that later.

No noticable smells from mine at all, from the outside, or during dry firing.
I hope it goes away soon dude.

Have both including the new omni version but neither the OG glass or the omni comes close to replacing the mi now I have one. There great little vape's and my girlfriend still use the omni as she likes to puff away lightly which is perfect for the VC, I however love to pull massive flavourful clouds which the VC can do but not as easy, flavourful or thick as the mi :nod:.

If your considering buying one....... Buy both :)

Yup, I personally love both too.
They provide such different experiences that they are perfect companion vapes for each other.

I'll be mostly using my VC out-and-about, and Mi at home.
Unless it's windy, when my Mi will come out.

Actually, I'll be using both at home, they're both such great tools, and fun to use.

The flavour from both is excellent, but the Mi is really opening my 'eyes' to the tastes in the background.

Fit, finish and appearance of the Mi is currently well behind the VC/Dynastash though, but it looks like retail Mi's are going to improve those factors.

I'm SO glad (and lucky) to own both of these vapes.
I will definitely be continuing to buy gear from both companies, no question, and no other contenders for my attention ATM.

Andreaerdna

Thank you again

From what I saw of the build of this vape if there was an outgassing/production of smell from the glue of the joint towards the outside there should be the same thing on the other end towards inside too since the glue act as an air path seal, isn't it?

The smell/safety and the reliability of the glue is indeed the main reason other than CS/QC that keeps me from buying this vape, so it would be very interesting to me to know if your unit is the only one smelling adhesive or if others customers report this smell too.

Edit: thank you @Copacetic . Is your joint kept in place with the same whiteish glue like @AJS one or is yours glued with the other transparent glue ?

Edit2: thank you @Shit Snacks too. I do recall a change in glue discussed on rbt site and maybe here too (related to prevent knob failure but also related to prevent joint failure), but I can be wrong

Last edited:

natural farmer

Milaana vs Vapcap anyone???

Gardenerjeff
So, I 've had couple of bowls through Laana yesterday but with unknown charge on the batts so I am not sure if they were charged enough... I had mixed results, looked like it was more on the cold side but I have to keep trying tonight after the batts are fully charged! I always had to warm up for 5 secs or more yesterday night... Finish is great on my unit, no screen in the intake, only the mesh and I can't see how a screen can get in there without cutting one side as the opening is not round at all. And the airflow! Wow! Wide open! First vape so far with such an open airpath, needs some control with drawing...

So far I still like the VC more for a daily driver, I feel like I have to try less for a good hit... But I have mastered the VC so far, not Laana yet so the jury is still out for a verdict! The taste is certainly more pronounced through the VC, a more conduction-y signature and the hits are thicker and more full from smaller loads.

The Hopper was also easier to pull huge clouds from, especially through glass, either a j-hook or a bong or a bubbler. I NEVER HAD SUCH A STRONG HIT FROM ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE HOPPER! Not comfortable for daily dry hits though. That extraction though!!! OMG!! I hope I can get similar results with the Laana or I am thinking of trading her for a Hopper in the near future. I am amazed with the efficiency and heater power!

I don't have much time for writing in the forum any more but I ll be back as soon as I can for more impressions!

Vape on guys! Good times for vaping!!!!

Tommy10

Still in limbo, am getting big clouds at time, but still not fully getting the magic. Have donated my bong to a friend as his Got broken during weekend antics, dry is still great flavour and good clouds, but the big ones just don't come has effortlessly as I'd imagined and stirring and battery up keep is a little annoying for me. 300% happy with my purchase for the price, but it hasn't left me want wanting to check out an Evo/supreme/daisy or maybe even grasshopper, if you know what I mean.
Although it has got me more interested in a zoom by the minute, I get its great as an entry level hand sized cloud machine, but I think the extra features of the Zion would be worth the money to me. Or maybe a second Mi soon to see if there is anything behind the idea of a cooler tuned unit.
Also know after using with multiple mates that I want a CFX or similar for big bowl no stirring. Although all my friends certainly didn't have trouble blowing decent clouds out of it, more so in my opinion that the really big clouds take a bit of effort. Sort of like going for 7/10 to 10/10 takes 400% the effort if that makes sense.
Also love it out and about with the 18m-14m looks like an ecig, I'd invest in a custom stain glass 18-14 male that fits if I come across one. Openly vapes at the pub no questions asked.

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
There might be a faint whitish line round some of mine, Hard to see though.
No glue smell or taste, cold or hot or dry pull.

Well I just managed to cut down one of my 18M/18M adapters.
I mounted the adapter on a large expansion bolt (wrapped masking tape bound threads to achieve a tight fit at the end I planned to cut down) and mounted the bolt in my electric hand drill (strapped down to the workbench).
I don't have any diamond cutting discs for my Dremel, so I just used a carborandum disc (like a mini angle grinder disc for metal).

I set everything up so that the drill and Dremel were counter-rotating, got the PPE on and set to.

It took bleedin' AGES and two large Dremel cutting discs, but I got there in the end.

The inner edge was a little chipped and ragged, so I tidied up with a conical Dremel grinding stone.

Fitting the screen required me to enlarge the lip of a stock RBT screen (spreading the lip of the bowl out wider) and get it into the adapter.
This proved tricky as the adapters narrowest point is right at the tip, so when the screen is pushed in enough to insert past this narrowest point, it's also now small enough that it just drops through the rest of the adapter without 'sticking' where you need it to stay.
in the end I was forced to go basket style to get the screen to stay put.

First attempt in my Weed Star Double Bubble combusted big style! :puke:
The good news is that the adapter is very easy to clean, as is the screen (torched), and nothing smells of ashtray any more (haven't done anything to clean the Mi yet, and no odor that I can detect).
So much for abstaining today :rolleyes:.
I found that hit hard to control due to the lack of temp' feedback, and I went from wispy vapor, to whitewall in about 2 seconds.
This was pulling slowly (no pre-heat) for about 4-5 sec's without easing off when wispy vapor started to gather in the chamber of the bong.
So about 7-8 sec's from cold to combust!

I should have started feathering as soon as I saw vapor appear, I'll try that next time, I'm done for today though!

Bizkat

I've been using the Milaana daily for the past several weeks and I'm quite happy with my purchase.

Build quality is decent but my long stem doesn't seat correctly and jiggles around. But my 2 short stems are perfect and I'm happy I ordered extra screens.

With the recent discussion of cooler-running units, I can say my heater is definitely on the hot side. So much so that with a fresh battery, a six-count on the button tends to scorch the load. Still experimenting with screen distance. The recent suggestion of slowing down draw speed has helped. I actually prefer it when my battery gets to 4.0-3.9 .

This developed after after the second or third load on the first day:
ByzDNbA.jpg

The mark seems to be under the screen which is smooth and clean when I run my finger over it. I don't believe there was any smell.

Anybody else's look like that? I'm wondering if this is something I should call RBT about it if it's a heater issue. Also is there a prefered way to clean in there. @Shit Snacks I believe mentioned to turn it upside down and use a q-tip with ISO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom