Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTAVaper

Ok OK, I'm in. I just couldn't handle it anymore!! @charchol popping in and saying Hi, @Vape Dr. showing off his beauty.. it's all too much! :ugh: :o :ko:

In the "Special instructions" area, it asked to verify the US address, and I just wrote "International order: " and my address after that. I hope it's ok. Please please please let it be ok. :bowdown:

@Choughed ,

I wish you luck!

But I kinda suspect the intent of that little box was to ensure that the buyer knew that it was being sold with US shipping only.

However, if you are in Canada then Planet Vape will have them in soon - at about the same date that RBT promised delivery to the last of the pre-orders (I hope I am recalling that right)

So you might even get it sooner ......and also ensure that you get the finalized production version with the pretty screen.....another bonus!

Also with the RBT store at $169 USD vs the $240 CAD at Planet Vape
$169 USD goes to about $225 CAD
.....plus another $10 crossing the border for customs handling then puts you at $235 for the RBT store purchased vape.....which is only a $5 difference from Planet Vape.

If you are actually in the Toronto area and could pick it up in person then you would even save on the shipping costs making it even slightly cheaper and then you would also not have to wait for it to navigate the postal system to get to you.

So at least if you are living in Canada - it might actually be better for you to wait to get one .....at least with all the complications and added costs and inconvenience of otherwise having a friend/relative/shipping company having to forward it to you from a US address.

Likewise with the Zion that is listed at $380 on their site and $320 on RBT......at an exchange factor of approximately 1.33 (with conversion fees?) this turns into $425 CAD

This kind of breaks that magical $400 mark where people might shy away from purchasing it and feeling its too expensive?

So the $380 Zion and $240 Milaana from Planet Vape is really a pretty good deal :nod:

And you also will know that you will be getting the most finalized version of either vape as well in a finalized and experience production line with the best fit and finish possible.....which is a big bonus.

So if you are in Canada ......definitely no worries!

And I'm sure that Planet Vape and PuffItUp ship worldwide too :tup:

So again, no worries! :)

Last edited:

Choughed

Nah, I'm in Australia. The Zion says US only, and Mi is being shipped internationally now, so I'm hoping to sneak in. ;)

My MIL ordered a Zion and will ship it from the US when it arrives, but I just couldn't resist the temptation of Milaana any longer!!! Cross fingers. :ninja:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Ok OK, I'm in. I just couldn't handle it anymore!! @charchol popping in and saying Hi, @Vape Dr. showing off his beauty.. it's all too much! :ugh: :o :ko:

In the "Special instructions" area, it asked to verify the US address, and I just wrote "International order: " and my address after that. I hope it's ok. Please please please let it be ok. :bowdown:

Nice!!!

Unfortunately I think you are a little late but since you are waiting on Zion it'd be nice if an exception can be made... If not I believe planetvape will be shipping internationally beyond US and Canada as well, but I hope you sneak in too... You deserve this too :tup:

mrkrab

Hopefully somebody here can give me some advice. After seeing a lot of positive reviews, I ordered myself a firewood 3 and plan on getting a crafty cooler for it. I haven't received it yet (it's in the mail) and I'm already kicking myself for not researching more about the milaana before I purchased. Marc seems like a cool guy so I don't really want to return it. On the other hand, if he's having trouble keeping up with demand, he may not really care because someone else would be inline to buy an unused unit. I would only be out the shipping. Is the performance of the milaana enough of an upgrade to justify returning and ordering before the sale ends tomorrow? I could get both but I would prefer not to spend close to $400, original budget was sub $200.

Option #1, wait for my firewood to get here and purchase the crafty cooler.
Option #2, send the firewood back and order a milaana
Option #3, get both and go way over budget (probably my least favorite option)

fwiw this will be mainly for home use, with some portability as well but I won't need to have it in my pocket for the most part. I also won't be using it with water, although that could change at some point. This will be more of a take it out, take a couple hits, and put it away after a long day. Thanks for any input.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hopefully somebody here can give me some advice. After seeing a lot of positive reviews, I ordered myself a firewood 3 and plan on getting a crafty cooler for it. I haven't received it yet (it's in the mail) and I'm already kicking myself for not researching more about the milaana before I purchased. Marc seems like a cool guy so I don't really want to return it. On the other hand, if he's having trouble keeping up with demand, he may not really care because someone else would be inline to buy an unused unit. I would only be out the shipping. Is the performance of the milaana enough of an upgrade to justify returning and ordering before the sale ends tomorrow? I could get both but I would prefer not to spend close to $400, original budget was sub $200.

fwiw this will be mainly for home use, with some portability as well but I won't need to have it in my pocket for the most part. I also won't be using it with water, although that could change at some point. This will be more of a take it out, take a couple hits, and put it away after a long day. Thanks for any input.

Get both and sell whichever one you like less on here after trying each...:2c:

mrkrab

^ The problem with that, assuming they both work well, is I would probably just wind up keeping the pair. Financially it's doable, just not really preferred. I've seen some pretty good videos from both units, definitely a tough decision.

Gobrian

Thanks for your points of view those that pitched in... I Just pulled the trigger and ordered one (oh lord...)!
My e-nano is great but my solo, which has been good to me since 1/2013, just needs to be replaced!

I'm thinking about getting this charger:
http://www.amazon.com/NiteCore-D4-C...F8&qid=1463119941&sr=1-2&keywords=nitecore+d4

what are the very best batteries to get?
What are some accessories I should get right away? ... I think I have a M2M piece from my cheap chinese bong I got off of dhgate.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
^ The problem with that, assuming they both work well, is I would probably just wind up keeping the pair. Financially it's doable, just not really preferred. I've seen some pretty good videos from both units, definitely a tough decision.
I'd also go for "testing" both ones. Maybe even keep em both. I think you won't be disappointed by neither one - and you could rotate and even when not you had one of the best portable on-demand convection vapes as a backup...
If you're not really tight on funds, go for em!

hippogriff

I have both. Firewood has the edge on portability - slimmer and more self-contained - and the Milaana has the edge on everything else - faster, more powerful, stronger effects. Both have similar log-vape signatures and I'd be happy w/ a Firewood as my only vape but yes, Milaana is a clear upgrade in performance. Atlso I'd say Milaana better fits your use, the Firewood performs best after the heater has had a minute to get faster, while the Milaana is ready in seconds.

mrkrab

hippo- are you glad you have both? If you lost both of them for some reason, would you repurchase both or just get the Milaana? My ideal convection vape would have the heating power of the Milaana/Zion, the portability of the Grasshopper, the craftsmanship of the Firewood, the vapor quality of the Volcano, efficiency of the E-Nano, and have rock solid reliability. The way things are progressing, such a beast may not be too far away from existence (I hope). I think I'm leaning towards trying out what I already purchased, and if I feel the the need, I'll have to pay more to get the Milaana through a retailer. The only downside is if there is a big price jump in its future.

TheRobbo

My experience...
Bad idea to expect advice for restraint from any one here they are all reprobates and you will end up with your pockets stuffed with vapes and your wallet empty :evil:

Also the price will go up but not a huge jump. the price on planetvape is in Canadian dollars so adjust accordingly...

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Mi Oh Mi :D

Two MIs are better than one!:brow:

Got my second Milaana today (on the left)! I must say RBT is really on the ball now. :tup:

The attention to detail IS AWESOME! The button sits flush, the bottom is on there perfect it feels smooth all the way around, Female glass joint recessed into the wood nice and tight, it's just beautiful!:nod:

Now I don't want to piss anyone off, but I paid for my second one Monday night around 10:30 PM and received it today. RBT is on point now! I even received a UPS notification!:rockon:

DO NOT HESITATE! PULL THAT TRIGGER! :goon:

Also I have not used any other portable since my first Milaana (ACE) arrived....True story.:)

I hope everyone's Milaanas are finding their way home!!!:)

:peace:

Yes Yes Yes.... Can't use another Vape!

0rdered #2 SUNDAY, but not yet shipped according to PayPal. Hate the mystery of when. I feel that i now need a back up because I've been spoiled, everything else pales in comparison, and leaves me dissatisfied.

This thing rocks so much I had to have a back up just in case of any eventuality!

UPDATE
It is listed on planet Vape NOW with awesome video. Still unable to purchase, but video is worth watching.

PlanetVape Milaana
http://www.planetvape.ca/milaana-vaporizer.html

Last edited:

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Yes Yes Yes.... Can't use another Vape!

0rdered #2 SUNDAY, but not yet shipped according to PayPal. Hate the mystery of when. I feel that i now need a back up because I've been spoiled, everything else pales in comparison, and leaves me dissatisfied.

This thing rocks so much I had to have a back up just in case of any eventuality!

UPDATE
It is listed on planet Vape NOW with awesome video. Still unable to purchase, but video is worth watching.

PlanetVape Milaana
http://www.planetvape.ca/milaana-vaporizer.html

Good intentions indeed! :D

Yeah, that's krazy's review he did some weeks ago. Or am I missing a new one?
Of course, always worth a second or third playback :) :tup:

Bandoo

Did anybody see this on the PV site about the sizes for the mouthpieces?
I thought it was 18mm.. :sherlock:

"Any Glass Accessories used in or with the Milaana must have Male 19/22 Joints. Damage and poor performance will result if the commonly found longer joint sizes such as 19/26 are used."

Bandoo,

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
18mm and 19mm are commonly used to refer to 18.8mm size, so effectively they are all the same.
The second number in the size designation has to be US standard 22mm, rather than the ISO standard which is too long to use in RBT vapes.

Please also note that US joint sizes also come in long, medium and short, and we want the short or medium in this case.

anasrzi

Had a friend around today and the Milaana came up in conversation, now this guy hasn't been blown away by any of my vape's he finds them to frustrating to use notably he liked the lotus but not the manual nature of the beast, so back to the Milaana.

Ground up some very nice kush, laden with resin and told him "hit it" as I advised from a cold start press for three seconds or so to heat up and then take a nice long drag and didn't he just :lol:.

He was blown away by it and went as far to say of all the ones he's used (even the mighty volcano at three times the price!!) this ones his favourite. Bare in mind he's not a hater on vape's but he's a smoker at heart and it's all he knows until there's a vape on the market which can basically get to around combustion he won't be happy, he's happy now which speaks volumes for the Mi.

Testing is still happening nightly with me so far I prefer ground herb and a nice hit of sandwiched hash in between the layers so it gets soaked up. Using the shorty stem still as I've found no difference personally when using the longer version. The taste still blows me away and my friend too as it happens.

Can see this being my go to for many years to come, for a decent price unlike so many other units. Can you tell I'm happy :love:

charchol

Company Rep
Yeah the first pilot production run is definitely rougher, personally I would send it in for the latest updates, as below Vape Dr has a newer one with better fit and finish (does your second one have the mesh filter still @Vape Dr.? if not then it's still not even the fully finalized version, which is like this:
y098Qah.jpg

New filter and fully recessed bowl should help. To be fair though my even older rougher Milaana has held up very well with a lot of use actually, maybe I am just careful. Either way I hope to try out a final production version myself some day...

I wouldn't worry about it, shipping has been out of order before, I'm sure there is no issue with your order despite quick turn around for a later order :shrug:
Good morning Oogen, we will be shipping international orders complete, by the end of next week. This may be the issue. If you are stateside, give me the name you ordered your Milaana under and I'll see if it's in the order cue. thanks for your patience.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Hitting my Milaana through my D020-D on a nice Friday morning.
This was the second hit, as the first hit was to heat the unit and dry the load. FIrst attempt at a Milaana through water video!

What downstem? :tinfoil:
Also...hope some of you like the shirt! Courtesy of 7th Floor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom