The Pinnacle by Vaporblunt

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
Pinnacle Pro with new heavy-duty pong sounds like a real winner.

Especially if it gets to the marketplace before the ascent!

Releasing product is one thing I do very well! This will be for sale in about two weeks, I am hoping to have the units for review sent to chronie and sticks stones at the beginning of next week.

As for Ascent, Being a fellow manufacture I can understand the stress the good people at DV must be under. I know as a customer it is easy to get frustrated or feel overlooked, but I'm sure they are all working hard on getting it to the market. It can be rough when you have a bump in the road and an entire online community angry at you at the same time!

SiDankies

Man i really hope you guys redesign the mouthpiece because i have lost way too many loads due to the mouth piece coming loose.

SiDankies,
Reactions: Dreamerr

BubbaGump

TRVB, looking forward to it. My PN has been asking if it has any relatives. Thanks from both of us.

Peace

BubbaGump,

BubbaGump

Man i really hope you guys redesign the mouthpiece because i have lost way too many loads due to the mouth piece coming loose.
I've had cap come loose a couple times at first. I tended to carry loose in my pocket. I solved that problem some time ago. I got a nylon knife sheath with flap that fits it. Now I carry on either belt or in pocket in sheath. Have not had a single cap dislodge since. It also has the added benefit of keeping pocket lint out of mouthpiece and little crevasses. Hope this may help.

BubbaGump,
Reactions: Tweek

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
I'm curious to see if the PONG is any different. I'm going to have to borrow a friend's camera. My 5+ year old Macbook webcam is pretty crappy... as is my phone. :myday:

I'd really like to give you guys a good look at the PRO before you decide. :o

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I'm curious if I'll ever get my replacement. Its been 8 days since I complied with the photo and address requirements and I have heard nothing since . . .

t-dub,
Reactions: Crohnie

BubbaGump

I'm curious to see if the PONG is any different. I'm going to have to borrow a friend's camera. My 5+ year old Macbook webcam is pretty crappy... as is my phone. :myday:

I'd really like to give you guys a good look at the PRO before you decide. :o

Definately buying soon as available, but of course interested in your first impressions. Have had my PN since spring and absolutely love it. Was going to buy a second anyway, so glad TRVB had some pretty good timing here. Most discreet portable I've run into that works well for me.

BubbaGump,

BubbaGump

What I REALLY need for PN is a car charger. Would be nice not to have to use the inverter I've been using. I did not know the Pro was going to be able to operate while charging...... Far Out! I'm also curious about battery life. Always want more...... but realize the limitations of such small form factors. Replaceable batteries would make it ideal for me, though I understand their position on that.

SiDankies

It's the point that the mouthpiece shouldn't detach just from being bumped around a bit. It's a portable meant for portability. The fact that you have to go out and buy something to keep it in while carrying it is not appealing toward the product. I love my pinnacle but I can't trust it on the go because of the MP.

SiDankies,

BubbaGump

It's the point that the mouthpiece shouldn't detach just from being bumped around a bit. It's a portable meant for portability. The fact that you have to go out and buy something to keep it in while carrying it is not appealing toward the product. I love my pinnacle but I can't trust it on the go because of the MP.

Have to agree with you there. Definately was an issue for me. I was just glad to find something that overcame that since it's the most convenient portable I have............ with the mouthpiece on, of course! ;) Never without it, wherever I go.

Peace

BubbaGump,

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
I contacted UPS to find out that my PRO package from TRVB was incorrectly addressed.

EDIT: UPS just called and told me the driver will make another attempt today to the correct address. :D

The PRO has landed! I'm charging it now and hope to have a preliminary report this evening.

Last edited:

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
I contacted UPS to find out that my PRO package from TRVB was incorrectly addressed.

EDIT: UPS just called and told me the driver will make another attempt today to the correct address. :D

The PRO has landed! I'm charging it now and hope to have a preliminary report this evening.

That's weird, I sent the shipping manager a screen capture of our PM, anyway, glad you have it. Let me know if you have any questions. Price is $239.99 btw for those curious.

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
A few first impressions about the PRO: Let me premise this by saying that I do NOT work for TRVB, but since I am very familiar with the Pinnacle, they sent me a PRO and a water tool for testing. This first look is my own HUMBLE OPINION. Different vapes serve different needs. No one vape will satisfy everyone.

The PRO comes with similar packaging to the regular PN. Both it and the water tool arrived in perfect shape. The PRO arrived almost fully charged. Battery charge (blue lights) is indicated with the same 5 light led display that corresponds with temperatures:

1. 370F 5 blue lights=fully charged
2. 395F "A full charge from empty should take about 3 hours."
3. 420F 1 blue light=almost empty
4. 445F
5. 470F

You get a kind of a blinking "2 minute warning" when the battery's about to give out and a shorter blinking alert when the 8 minute automatic shut off is about to kick in. There is no usb charger, but you CAN use the PRO while charging. Some other differences I noticed:

1. Both the PONG and the regular mouthpiece stay much more snug. There seems to be some kind of O Ring seal at the top of the heating chamber that isn't there with my regular PN. There is a reassuring "snap" when the regular mouthpiece is placed on the PRO. Vertically speaking, you have to give it a good firm tug for it to come off. I tried whacking the regular mouthpiece horizontally. Even hit at the top of the mouthpiece, I couldn't knock it off! The PONG doesn't "snap" when it goes on, but it's just as secure as the regular mouthpiece. Thanks for listening, TRVB!

2. I'm not sure why, but the regular mouthpiece now seems to have a much improved performance. Maybe it's the "O Ring" seal (?). In any case the regular MP's performance now compares nicely to the PONG when used dry.

3. The "ON" button is significantly more recessed from the body of the PRO than it was with the regular Pinnacle. Seems like much less of a chance to turn on accidentally.

4. And of course, the wider range of temperatures. I really like where the temps are set. Since I don't have access to oils or concentrates, I've only used the first three. These are the warm up times from a cold start:

"1" 370F 1 min 10 seconds Very tasty, cool light vapor. Gets you medicated and stingy with your herb.
"2" 395F 1 min 20 seconds Not quite as tasty, but nice clouds! Taste and clouds better w/ water tool
"3" 420F 1 min 30 seconds A bit popcorn, but it gets those last cannabinoids. Too high to start out, IMO

The PRO charges pretty darn well while being used. A bit slow at first, then it seems to pick up steam. :shrug:

5. Battery life at "2" appears to be about the same as the Pinnacle at 390 (High)

A few cons: Battery life is the same as the regular Pinnacle, but we were told that would be the case. On the other hand, it CAN be used while charging...a BIG plus, IMO. Two nitpicks: Sometimes the herb flies up in the chamber against the MP screen. It can hamper airflow a bit. Maybe some sort of special screen? Speaking of screens, they are easy to take out, but a BITCH to get back in. I suggest leaving them in during cleaning.

I pride myself on being objective, but I must say I'm quite impressed with the PRO so far. Think the Pinnacle "on steroids" Like the regular PN, the control button and LED display on the PRO are quite intuitive and idiot proof. The water tool is small (5") but well made and sturdy. Nice looking and nice thick glass. I highly recommend getting one as it can be used on a number of vapes with a gong adapter. I would like to see a WATER TOOL STAND. Perhaps a small base to make it a bit more klutz proof? As with the Pinnacle, the PRO's stingy consumption of your herb is still there.

At a retail of $239 (without the water tool), the PRO is priced only $10 higher than the regular PN when it came out. It would be nice though to offer FC members a small discount code, even if for a limited time? In any case, I'm pretty impressed with the PRO and I heartily recommend it. Nice work, TRVB!

Last edited:

SiDankies

Pictures ? Or is that against the rules ? Lol.. Anyhow good to hear the mouthpiece actually stays on. Looking foward to more reviews on the PRO.

SiDankies,

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
Pics aren't against the rules, but I'm warning you, my camera is pretty crappy!
]
2ldk1h1.jpg[\]

Even with intermittent use while plugged in, the PRO recharged from empty in 3 hours. "2" (395F) has become my favorite temp. Produces nice clouds, good taste and ABV is a nice brown. Excellent extraction. :science:

EDIT: I am REALLY vaked right now. I just completed another session. I started with a fully charged battery on #2 (395F) with the PRO plugged in the whole time for an 8 minute session. When the automatic turner offer turned the PRO off, I vaped the same bullet for another 8 min session. That pretty much finished off the bullet. Then I decided to kick it up to #3 (420F) for as long as some more vapor came out.

When I turned it back into charge mode, the PRO was still fully charged. Apparently, using the PRO while charging doesn't diminish the charge at all. It just keeps increasing whether you're using it or not. Me likey!

Last edited:

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
FYI Chronie, that water tool is an older one I had in my office, that's an old style pong that came with it (clear)

TherealVaporblunt,

BubbaGump

Many thanks, Crohnie. Covered everything I wanted to know. Can also tell they have taken feedback to heart. I like everything I read. Would have preferred to have seen them go to a long press for on/off, as I feel it would more effectively prevent misfires than just a quick touch. Hopefully, the more recessed button will help there. Only happened to me twice, but damned if that shit doesn't seem to happen ONLY at the exact wrong moment! Would also have preferred the convenience of USB, but must be a reason for that. All in all, sounds like what I was expecting, plus a bit more.
Thanks

BubbaGump,
Reactions: Crohnie

Belgianvapor

Hi Crohnie, thanks for the nice review and pics !
Does the pro heats up faster while plugged in? (like the davinci does?)
or is there no difference in heat up time between plugged in or not?
thanks

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
28vtaba.jpg[
A few more observations on the PRO:

The regular mouthpiece comes with tips. These work pretty well and can be useful if you find the regular mouthpiece getting a little warm on your lips. Airflow is somewhat less if you use the tip, but still not bad. Do NOT try to force the tip all the way into the mouthpiece. Push it in gently till it stops. I don't find that the regular mouthpiece gets too warm for me, so I prefer to use it without the tips.

The PONG mouthpiece doesn't get very warm at all when used dry or with the water tool. Do be careful, however: After a long session the area just below the PONG can get a bit hot. Not hot enough to burn you, but you may be startled. Grab the PRO below the intake holes.

Each time I remove the Water Tool from the PONG, the PONG stays firmly in place. :D

@Belgianvapor: The PRO's heat up times seem to be the same whether plugged in or not.

Last edited:
Top Bottom