The Pinnacle by Vaporblunt

lovinlivinlife

I'm Sexy... I'm a Scholar... People Like Me...
FYI - The silicon stops are working much better than I expected. I don't think you can find them in small quantities but they are easy to lose so it is good to have lots of extras.

I found 10 for $5.47(+shipping) at McMaster-Carr. Part Number: 9277K52. Work perfectly. Thanks Toros!

lovinlivinlife,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
You need two sizes one for the top and one for the bottom. From the pic we saw earlier they are different.

Dreamerr,

toros23

I found 10 for $5.47(+shipping) at McMaster-Carr. Part Number: 9277K52. Work perfectly. Thanks Toros!

Cool! The warning for the silicon stops below makes me wonder:

Note: Should not be used for implantation in the human body

You need two sizes one for the top and one for the bottom. From the pic we saw earlier they are different.

Are you talking about the water tube? We were talking about stops for the bullets.

Dreamerr

I was as well but thought those black things were for the tube...ok. So you think that would fit? I liked the silcone cause it can go on as a cap instead of a plug. What do you all think? A cap can be a little tight and can work but if the plug isn't tight it will be a disaster.

Dreamerr,

Engineering

Manufacturer
I took this as a sure sign that I got a defective unit, so I called up VaporBlunt customer service. The guy I talked to was very helpful, but unfortunately they are a bit short staffed right now so it looks like it might a be a bit before they can address my issue. He thought it might be in sleep mode so he told me to double click the button, but that did not work.

After that call I plugged it in again for 3 hours. Solid blue light, turned it on, 3 seconds of warm up and it shut down again. Plugged it in yet again and it is blinking away as if it went throughout the full charge in 3 second.

Any advice? Or should I just wait to hear back from VB and go from there?

Apologies for the lengthiness and for posting off-topic.

Going to address this one right away before it becomes another "issue"

Unfortunately, your unit is defective and you need to return it. It's a problem with the charger chip that we have already resolved, unfortunately there seems to be a few in inventory that slipped through. :doh: This is a pretty rare problem, so the majority of units are fine - and new stock as of a few weeks ago have this problem fixed.

Also Battery backup charging:
As long as you have a 5A supply, the battery will charge. Tough your charge times will be slower with lower current output.Dont expect a 10k mAh battery pack to charge the pinnacle 5 times, there are inefficiency between both devices, and a lot of quirks that occur when your using batteries to charge batteries.

We are using a special high output battery that is not your typical 18650, it has a boosted peak current rating that allows for better voltage stability than a standard 18650 battery. This translates into a more stable electronics platform, but sacrifices a little bit of capacity.

toros23

I was as well but thought those black things were for the tube...ok. So you think that would fit? I liked the silcone cause it can go on as a cap instead of a plug. What do you all think? A cap can be a little tight and can work but if the plug isn't tight it will be a disaster.

I always have problems with caps, so probably just a personal preference thing. Nice thing about the stoppers is I can just nudge them with my finger and they will come loose but they are tight enough that they will not come loose on their own.

toros23,

Dreamerr

Me too rufus.

Toros the white ones you have look more solid and the black ones look porous which is not great for our application. What do you think. If the white ones stay on tight that is good enough. I know what you are saying about caps pull it off and throw your hole load with it.

Dreamerr,

CookieMonster

Going to address this one right away before it becomes another "issue"

Unfortunately, your unit is defective and you need to return it. It's a problem with the charger chip that we have already resolved, unfortunately there seems to be a few in inventory that slipped through. :doh: This is a pretty rare problem, so the majority of units are fine - and new stock as of a few weeks ago have this problem fixed.

Ah, figured it was something like that. Wonder if I can pick up my replacement while I'm out that way for Coachella this weekend.

CookieMonster,

druminfected

A lot of us do. What do you want to know?

Which one you prefer more the inhalater XP or vapor blunt? I have a option of either getting either or, but can't decide which is best for vapor production and most efficient on the flowers as well as the longer charge time, thanks

druminfected,

toros23

Me too rufus.

Toros the white ones you have look more solid and the black ones look porous which is not great for our application. What do you think. If the white ones stay on tight that is good enough. I know what you are saying about caps pull it off and throw your hole load with it.

Hey Dreamerr - I went with the silicone (10D size) ones because I like that material more than rubber. FDA approved, good for lab use, etc but I am not sure it matters here for our application.

toros23,

Kaptan

Which one you prefer more the inhalater XP or vapor blunt? I have a option of either getting either or, but can't decide which is best for vapor production and most efficient on the flowers as well as the longer charge time, thanks
Best vapor production and longer charge time - XP. More efficient - Pinnacle. My preference is the XP because I prefer higher temps than what the Pinnacle is capable.

Kaptan,

JoeKickass

packed a bullet about half way, loaded it and set it to low. My roommate and I ran it on low for about 6 minutes and were getting minor vapor clouds (increasing in density throughout the session), which is exactly what I expected and was looking for. We then bumped it up to the high setting to see the difference and there was a noticeable increase in vapor. Basically exactly as described numerous times in this thread.

I could not have been happier with the results of that short session
Awesome man! Glad to hear this vape really can really satisfy, hope you get a replacement soon!

JoeKickass,

elevation

So theoretically with the 10,000mAh battery you should be able to recharge 4 full cycles. TRVB and Engineering said that with normal usage you should get 4 sessions out of a fully charged battery.

My Anker battery (3A output) says it loses about 30% of it's capacity while converting the energy. So i think it would be about 3 full cycles in that case. Still not bad at all!

elevation,

GoGlass

After that call I plugged it in again for 3 hours. Solid blue light, turned it on, 3 seconds of warm up and it shut down again. Plugged it in yet again and it is blinking away as if it went throughout the full charge in 3 second.

Bououou ...same problem here, just received my PN and has worked 30 mins.
Now after recharging, solid Blue light, but my PN refuse to switch ON.
I have already contacted VB and i'am going to send my new -defective- unit..... just 15 days to wait.......

GoGlass,

Dreamerr

I have the 04 with the dim light issue which is no problem for me. Now with that said, if you love high heat and huge clouds I would go with the xp if the issues are resolved. The INH smells a mess load more so if you are going for stealth and low temps the PN works great. It does have a long and for me painfully long heat up time. For my around town needs the PN is almost perfect and the INH was in that spot but because of smell it has been replaced for that use. The smaller profile of the PN is helpful too. I didn't even stop as I passed a cop yesterday. Remember I do use a long straw which can either bring attention or have them just assume I am drinking out of a strange black think :hmm: .

What is boils down to is what you need cause both will do the job if it is within you need spectrum. Any more questions throw them my way and the others around here.

Toros are those the ones you have already or did you order more? If you did order let me know how they fit. I tried to use the NO2 tube today to put over the top of the widest part of the bullet to see if it fits and well it really doesn't. I believe the ID of the NO2 is 1/2" so that 11mm of the ones I was looking out might not fit. Please correct me if my measurements are wrong since me and measurements don't get along at all.

toros23

Toros are those the ones you have already or did you order more? If you did order let me know how they fit. I tried to use the NO2 tube today to put over the top of the widest part of the bullet to see if it fits and well it really doesn't. I believe the ID of the NO2 is 1/2" so that 11mm of the ones I was looking out might not fit. Please correct me if my measurements are wrong since me and measurements don't get along at all.

These are the ones I ordered:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002TG3W3U

Had to cut some of the bottom off (maybe half?) with a razor.

toros23,

Dreamerr

It looks like you will be able to boil them if they get to smelly since they are high temp. I guess with 50 you can just toss them lol. I put them on my wish list as I still prefer the caps if I can get the sizing. As I said the 11mm might not make it around the wide top. I used that 1/2" NO2 to test and it is way to hard to get on and with a full bullet you don't want to do that which is why you more then likely don't like caps. If it is to hard to get on and off you spill your load. If it is too loose you spill your load as well.

So you are cutting the bottom to make the OD of the piece bigger cause the 5mm is to small? I believe it was said that the ID of the bullet was 8mm and the OD was 11 but I don't think that is correct if the 1/2" doesn't fit. Why is it so hard to measure...I can't draw straight lines either.

Dreamerr,

Shmoo

I said I would post an ABV photo, so here it is:

img201304101307330871.jpg

As you know, photographing ABV is a tricky task but I tried my best. The photo isn't 100% accurate, since to the human eye the ABV is evenly dark brown throughout.

I also receive my case. It offers some protection and is small/discrete, but you can't fit much in it besides the PN and the WT. You could fit some flat objects in the top mesh, but for things that aren't flat (like the bullet) you'll just have to place them next to the PN and WT. In the photo I have the PN, WT, extra bullet, and pen (which I use for packing down) in the main area, and in the mesh I have the wooden tool. The inside lining is soft but not cushioned much, and the outside seems durable and surprisingly decent quality. The PN and WT are held in place really nicely by the elastic straps, and because the case is so small, they're not going to move around at all. Overall, I think it's a decent case for storing the PN and WT, as well as for throwing them in a backpack or purse. However, I wouldn't trust it to protect them from serious abuse.

img201304111334382281.jpg

Here's a picture of the case once zippered, with a dollar for size reference.

img20130411134342.jpg

lovinlivinlife

I'm Sexy... I'm a Scholar... People Like Me...
I believe it was said that the ID of the bullet was 8mm and the OD was 11 but I don't think that is correct if the 1/2" doesn't fit. Why is it so hard to measure...I can't draw straight lines either.
Dreamerr,
Top of bullet is 11mmOD, bottom of bullet is 8mmOD. I believe your NO2 tubes are 3/8" (someone please correct me if I am wrong, as I don't have the NO2) so to keep it easy that is about 9.5 mm, hence why it does not fit the bullet correctly. (If they were 1/2" they would be too large.)

lovinlivinlife,

Dreamerr

I am going to try and do my best to measure. I will let you all know. I meant the SSV tubing sorry which I do believe is a 1/2". The NO2 is 1/4". I had just said the wrong tube. I still don't know if the measurement is correct. I will try.

Nice setup shmoo

Dreamerr,
Reactions: Shmoo

JoeKickass

As you know, photographing ABV is a tricky task but I tried my best. The photo isn't 100% accurate, since to the human eye the ABV is evenly dark brown throughout.

abv can also be misleading (like the pax's really dark abv) but I'm guessing that bowl satisfied pretty well and is still nice and reasonably light colored! Nice case too :tup:

JoeKickass,
Reactions: Shmoo

Dreamerr

I did look it up on the forum and the SSV tubes are listed as 3/8" ID. Again that is 9.5 mm vs. the 11mm bullet top.

Thank you ever so much so I guess it is 1/2"OD then which is where I got that number. I am going to see how much they charge for samples and get the 11mm as you seem to know how to measure. Thanks a whole bunch.

Dreamerr,

Shmoo

abv can also be misleading (like the pax's really dark abv) but I'm guessing that bowl satisfied pretty well and is still nice and reasonably light colored! Nice case too :tup:
Indeed. That bullet lasted two sessions for a friend and I, which really shows how much lower our tolerances are than a lot of you guys. :ko: We kept going until there was no more visible vapor, and the taste had become slightly unpleasant. The ABV is a bit lighter than the ABV I get from my VG, but the VG's ABV also isn't nearly as evenly cooked and has some darker spots here and there. (Keep in mind I shake, stir, and tap my VG bowl after every hit.)

Shmoo,
Top Bottom