The Picture Thread

florduh

F-avrw8bkAAdhA-

ChooChooCharlie

Got this blue whale tail today, another piece by local San Diego artist Nic McGuire. Shop local. Glass is cool, changing color throughout the day

Whale-tail-by-Nic-Mc-Guire.jpg

"whale's tales, Prince of Wales, someone stole my tails, I accuse number 6"
I am not a number, I am a free man
"Drink! Drink! Drink!"

Last edited:

ChooChooCharlie

Had a good view this morning of the Star of India being towed out for an ocean sail. First time in 5 years. Volunteers spent last couple months learning to operate sails as a team. No engine. Built in 1863, world's oldest active sailing ship. "Active" because of days like today. Second voyage tomorrow, last for this tired veteran for another few years. I'll be aboard a companion ship, tossing cookies

At bottom of pic at left is dock where she's usually tied, as part of the Maritime Museum. Used zoom on pic at right, she's in the Pacific beyond Coronado. Looks like tow boat still pulling as a couple sails have been unfurled

Star-of-India-goes-to-sea-11-11-23.jpg

ChooChooCharlie

Apologies for breaking rules by not posting pic, but these vids belong with prior post above. "breakin the law, breakin the law"

Slow fuse lighting on "fire 4" command. iphone mic must have filtered out loudness of cannons. Loud! I took vid instead of protecting my hearing like an idiot

(D-Sail is derogatory, under diesel power with light wind. Note the Python head slap salute)

Edit: Fixed with a picture! Yay, following rules is fun

maritime-roach-clip.jpg

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Look what I "woke" (up since 3:30, even with the "aid", but still actually somehow manage to miss all the action whilst being busy inside) to.... and it's still sticking cuz the bright, warm sun still hasn't hit this area yet. These were taken on my 3rd stroll about an ago:

Cattails:

Sumac (non poisonous):

The other grass:

Maple:

Pretty:

I have a good feeling about today for some reason...:peace:

Edit cuz I'm helpless and hopeless:

The Beatles - I've Got A Feeling (Take 1) | Rooftop Concert

Last edited:
Top Bottom