Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

itschad

I took a lot of pictures, but the blue one and the red one experience power button issues. The black one functions perfectly.

kEkWL67.jpg
f0oqBGi.jpg
YaoNKmf.jpg

all images here http://imgur.com/zHyODl7,TJQtKV0,c91xsm0,kEkWL67,Uq1qnUy,YaoNKmf,1AoBSPC,f0oqBGi,ej5W3Uq#5

itschad,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I knocked the mouthpiece in to the drain. Today gets better and better.
Well don't feel bad your not alone!
Today I broke out my favorite ASH COLLECTOR!
Dropped it while washing it in the sink.
My SHERLOCK did not break fortunately!

I broke a wine glass at lunch just before.

My HERCULES it fitted with the WHITE ROD.
Time to fire it up and lower my blood pressure.

I'm sure your HERCULES will have you flying soon!

MAX FLIGHT is what we could use to calm things down!

ataxian,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Probably due to ease-of-use and plug-and-play

yes i understand that, but you look at the herc and LayG type it just does not make sense.

Layg carts have no warranty, they have no minimum use amount. They are simply yours once you receive it.

The Hercules has warranty. Its far superior in performance and quality.

I just dont get it. I guess the majority like to spend more money then needed.

We received push back from the consumers on our cartridges because they are expensive and not reusable and then we see some of these people praising a LAyG system. It just does not make sense.

Lots of people own top of the line oil vapes but rather use the layg it makes no sense. My brain does not compute the fact you have a very rare wine but your a plastic cup to enjoy it.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: jpdnkstr

Vapoholic420

-Loyal To The Oil-
[the vat"thevaf, post: 481064, member: 14051"]G - you need to release another revolutionary product pronto! We are running out of things to discuss and it looks like the thread is devolving. (i make joke)

Anyone receive a KISS cart yet?[/quote]
@thevaf
I received my K.I.S.S cart the other day. They're not too bad actually! It doesn't taste as good as the Herc but they're definitely better than any other one like that I've seen! I'd say they're worth the money.

Vapoholic420,

itschad

I'll be honest the fact that I could load a full g at a time and didn't have to spend $40 every time i ran through a couple g's was the primary reason I went with uptech!

itschad,

thevaf

yes i understand that, but you look at the herc and LayG type it just does not make sense.

Layg carts have no warranty, they have no minimum use amount. They are simply yours once you receive it.

We received push back from the consumers on our cartridges because they are expensive and not reusable and then we see some of these people praising a LAyG system. It just does not make sense.

Lots of people own top of the line oil vapes but rather use the layg it makes no sense. My brain does not compute the fact you have a very rare wine but your a plastic cup to enjoy it.

People are strange beings. We dont know what we want until we do (if that makes sense). Also i dont know how $10 is "expensive" considering most of the competitors carts are starting at $20?

Couple things the LaYG provides that the herc doesnt - additional portability, idiot proof (even this can be challenged by the most skilled idiots), no assembly required, and its not a big deal if you lose it or break it.

Caligula

Maximus
I can't speak for others, however I see KISS cart as a backup to my SR71. The LYAG style cart doesn't require a minimum load like the OG Persei/Omicron carts, and they (I'd assume) will vape almost any type of concentrate you want to throw in there.

Also @THC SCIENTIFIC did you get a chance to look at the coil I sent you?

MaxVapor

The Professor

Yup it's true, you gave us an <insert super car reference of choice> and yet some people still like the VW (no offense intended to any VW owners reading).

From my perspective, I am not a heavy user (despite my username) and the Herc is just a bit overkill for my everyday use. I have a bunch of full melt that I will run through the Herc eventually though. For my everyday use I just need something I can pick up and take 3 or 4 quick hits. I generally only medicate a couple of times a day, and it seems like the Herc is really geared towards people who are vaping larger quantities in shorter time frames. I only kill about a half gram of oil a week so for me the original 2.4 carts are still my preference.

Keep up the good work, and don't let us lame-o's keep you down!

:rockon:

Limosnero

I have an original Herc & TBH not sure I want an SR-71 after watching all that has developed. My OG Herc is working fine. The biggest issue I see in upgrading or buying the new version is replacing my now out of warranty tops...I really don't want or need to. My tops are solid now...like the were designed to be.

I have a couple of KISS carts in route...I imagine great for a quick session or on the go. Compared to the original Omicron carts they sound great.

Question for THC...will hammers & hammer tops every be available for purchase again? I myself love toggle switch. Also, are the hammer tops prone to failure when using the SR-71? If the do fail are there replacements?

TIA

itschad

Just got my hercules SR71 and it seems to start making a sizzling noise (empty) after a couple seconds holding the power button.

I searched around quickly but didnt see anything regarding a sizzle and empty unit. anyone know whats up? This normal?

thevaf

Just got my hercules SR71 and it seems to start making a sizzling noise (empty) after a couple seconds holding the power button.

I searched around quickly but didnt see anything regarding a sizzle and empty unit. anyone know whats up? This normal?

Have you boiled it clean yet? Could be manufacturing residue.
If you have boiled it clean, it might just be some water within the coil

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
@Caligula I swear you have the worst luck ATM coil was delivered was unpackaged and left on the desk for me to look at. I saw it we all saw it.

Problem is like trying to figure out where is Waldo we are now trying to figure out where's the coil. Super fuck up looking for it now.

@MaxVapor I understand options I really do but I guess I'm the guy that will drive a formula car to the supermarket if given the chance. Never was fan of trailer queens. But I understand. The only thing I see happening is us making the best LAyG cart out there. I just don't see that happening with us since we really don't like to copy anyone. I guess our engineering needs to kick it up a notch.

@itschad please boil it to make sure all manufacturing residue is cleaned off.

@Limosnero We will have the hammer tops soon as we finish a few projects.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I just don't get it?
We received push back from the consumers on our cartridges because they are expensive and not reusable and then we see some of these people praising a LAyG system.
It just does not make sense.

Lots of people own top of the line oil vapes but rather use the layg it makes no sense.
My brain does not compute the fact you have a very rare wine but your a plastic cup to enjoy it.

This is good rant!

I was using a C4 today with a OMICRON.

However I own a PERSEI and a HERCULES!

Yes the HERCULES is w2ay better!

Put it like this:
Tomorrow when I break out the heavy weapon (HERCULES)
I will appreciate it even more!

Like drinking a $8.00 bottle of wine then switching to a $40.00 bottle!

Comparative reason!

itschad

Ah yeah I guess it was just a bit of leftover moisture. I seem to have encountered another issue however. My black original single top after holding the button for about 3 seconds and then releasing the button it remains lit up. It was on 7.4v at this point in time. I unscrewed it and tried putting it on 3.7v and as soon as it made contact lit up and remained lit.

in other news, the sr-71 is amazing and everyone should have one O_O

itschad,

Caligula

Maximus
Ah yeah I guess it was just a bit of leftover moisture. I seem to have encountered another issue however. My black original single top after holding the button for about 3 seconds and then releasing the button it remains lit up. It was on 7.4v at this point in time. I unscrewed it and tried putting it on 3.7v and as soon as it made contact lit up and remained lit.

That eventually happened to me on my OG single then dual top. Sent to E9 to replace.

Caligula,
Reactions: itschad

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer

Sorry to hear that contact us tomorrow well make it right.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: itschad

itschad

For sure. Still got another persei and ophos on hand :D

Is it a known issue with all original tops? Or something to only worry about if one is affected?

itschad,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
For sure. Still got another persei and ophos on hand :D

Is it a known issue with all original tops? Or something to only worry about if one is affected?

Yes the original tops are just not designed to handle the Hercs.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

itschad

Oh alright good to hear that it's a known thing. Can I go ahead and get my double top swapped out when I send the single then?

itschad,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I would like to announce that our next tops the ones that should fix the issue we see in a few tops currently on FC will be going into testing next week. The new Persei Tops will be beefed up even further and a few minor changes and we really think this should end all issues with Persei tops.

TommydCat

Hey Gang, we need to solve the Mystery of the Curse of the Double Top that's come back to haunt G. Seems the Double Top thinks it has already left this realm of usefulness, when in fact, it still works just as well as it ever did! I think it's something the Old Miner 501T-niner blogged on the Spooky Library computer.

Sure, using a single item offset from center may be a bit awkward, but as a backup top, still work for me. I'd just be damned careful about what I screwed into it - meaning take the extra precaution with the SR71. Trying to avoid radar may require some special maneuvers.

Or was this really a cover up for G's plan to ensure you had a weirdo top that would take up space on your shelf? He almost got away with it, too, if it weren't for you meddling FC'ers!

So.. Daphne? or.. Velma!

TommydCat,
Reactions: ataxian

Vapoholic420

-Loyal To The Oil-
I would like to announce that our next tops the ones that should fix the issue we see in a few tops currently on FC will be going into testing next week. The new Persei Tops will be beefed up even further and a few minor changes and we really think this should end all issues with Persei tops.
That's awesome. U should make these tops so that the Herc can screw down all the way again bcuz imo with it not sitting flush with the top, it's easier for the Herc to break right off there now and mess up the threading with not much pressure at all. Even if u put it in your pocket while attached. Also, are the cores shipping now?? Bcuz I'm still waiting patiently and watching for the "awaiting fulfillment" to change to "shipped" on my order status!!:-)

Top Bottom