Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Katysax

I've got a 2.4 ohm cartridge that just won't get started. I put some CO2 wax in there that is definitely full melt. I've seen it melt to nothing.

I warmed the cartridge thoroughly with a hair dryer and loaded about .6 wax. It didn't melt easily so I ended up using a flame to get it fully into the tube. Then I pulled with air by sucking on the bottom of the tube. No good.

Now, since then I've tried warming the tube again and having it stand vertically. No go. Then I tried putting the tube vertically in the 100 degree plus sun for a couple of hours. The sucked on the bottom. No luck. I tried pushing the wax down inside with a toothpick. This tube is still good. I can feel the tube warming when I supply power.

On an unrelated note I think I'm giving up on the Hercules until I get the replacement washer.

Katysax,

asimplebeast

Nothing in my vicinity, unfortunately I'm stuck walking around and taking the bus :p I wrote down the ProVari so that should increase my chances of finding the batteries in a smoke shop. Thanks!
I found some cheap replacements at an e-cig both at hemp-fest :) made my day.

I also saw the SR-71 for sale from the http://www.uvaper.com/ booth for $150. I opened it up and it had a washer inside. Is that the newest revision, and are they licensed? Their website looks semi-professional. That price seems steep but I guess not when you factor in shipping.

Nice glass everywhere at that festival too, and a beautiful day. This culture is growing in North America, it's awesome to see.

Last edited:

sean l

So I purchased a steel juice tank about a month ago and am very dissatisfied with the product. It leaks uncontrollably no matter how tight I tighten my unit and its causing problems with my persei top. I also came in and purchased my Hercules at their location and it just doesnt work... I wish it did because i sent alot of money on it but I've wasted so much oils from trying to get it to work and it all just leaks to the bottom and I hardly get any vapor. Very dissatisfied with this product as well.... just use their regular carts...

The Herc is a BEAST! All you have to do is bring the oil... don't be shy!
really?? because i can hardly get any vapor... especially compared to my regular 5 ohm cart (about 1/4 the vapor).. been really pissing me off... i even came in beacuse i didnt like it and gary convinced me to buy these AW batteries that would solve my probelms but still doesnt work... just but a damn gentleman vape cart for a fraction of the price and does a way better job

Mod note: When possible, please avoid making back-to-back posts in a thread. Use the Edit feature located at the bottom of your posts. Posts merged.

Last edited by a moderator:
sean l,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
So I purchased a steel juice tank about a month ago and am very dissatisfied with the product. It leaks uncontrollably no matter how tight I tighten my unit and its causing problems with my persei top. I also came in and purchased my Hercules at their location and it just doesnt work... I wish it did because i sent alot of money on it but I've wasted so much oils from trying to get it to work and it all just leaks to the bottom and I hardly get any vapor. Very dissatisfied with this product as well.... just use their regular carts...

really?? because i can hardly get any vapor... especially compared to my regular 5 ohm cart (about 1/4 the vapor).. been really pissing me off... i even came in beacuse i didnt like it and gary convinced me to buy these AW batteries that would solve my probelms but still doesnt work... just but a damn gentleman vape cart for a fraction of the price and does a way better job

Mod note: When possible, please avoid making back-to-back posts in a thread. Use the Edit feature located at the bottom of your posts. Posts merged.

Hello Sean hope i can help you get situated and a working Herc.

If your getting tiny vapor that means a few things but the major one is this.

The Washer isnt sealed 100% and the direction of the airflow isnt correct.

To remedy this you need to unscrew the retaining PTFE nut that holds the Screen by about 1/8th of an inch. This should hold the washer in place correctly and create the seal needed to produce the amount of vapor that others are getting.

The Unit works many have tried it and many have gotten massive amounts of clouds. Please be patient as we are trying to educate people on how to use the Hercules since it is a brand new technology and designed in a way for it to be user serviceable, but at a cost of being to much for some people. I hope you can give us a another chance and we can get you working.

OF

I've got a 2.4 ohm cartridge that just won't get started. I put some CO2 wax in there that is definitely full melt. I've seen it melt to nothing.

It didn't melt easily so I ended up using a flame to get it fully into the tube. Then I pulled with air by sucking on the bottom of the tube. No good.

Bummer. Did you actually run a foil test? Melting quickly and 'flowing freely' is an important part of that test, not all full melts pass it.

The general rule is 'supermelts or better'. It all has to melt at one temperature if it's going to flow and feed.

The "didn't melt easily" part is a clue to me. That also means 'it will set up easily'. If you didn't properly preheat the center section (which I doubt) that's what happened I think? It stalled out mid way down and now you won't be able to get enough heat through the wall fast enough to melt it down without other issues? If it's as solid as it sounds, no amount of sucking is going to help here......

I'd start with a foil test.

Good luck.

OF

Last edited:

Cheerful Dub

Spaced Station
Picked up a 7.4v Herc + Persei, was not getting full vapor production after sterilizing & reassembling for first use. Checked here, sure enough the answer was the washer & seal mentioned earlier with the two piece tip overall length adjustment. Got that fixed and threw in an extra half gram. Wow. First time I ever hit a portable that felt like a dab. Before this I watched the core get red hot so I knew that conductivity/reasssembly wasn't an issue outside of the tip adjustment. Money well spent, I like it a lot more than the normal carts that ship with the Persei, although I did load .6 in one and vape it off just to see how it performed. To be honest I think since the instruction sheet makes a point of mentioning threading the interior tip in to hold the screen and not interface with the washer at the same time, I kind of assumed that was the only point of it and it should therefore be threaded down as far as possible that way, which is clearly not the case.

druminfected

Ok so here it is.

7.4v does oils and herbs if you modify the oil coil.

3.7v Herb Heaters (blue ones) will do herbs by conduction, you need to remove the oil coil for this to work and have the herb surround the heating rod.

Now this is what you want to know.

The prototype 3.7v Rods that will be red can do oils at 3.7v but will burn your herbs if your not careful, it could do convection if used with the core and you increase to 5v.

Ok I understand how the blue rod works now, I thought the 3.7v blue could do oils but, very happy the red rods will do the job. Question, will the Red Rods come out when the SR-71 stainless top is released?

friedbanana8

Ok I understand how the blue rod works now, I thought the 3.7v blue could do oils but, very happy the red rods will do the job. Question, will the Red Rods come out when the SR-71 stainless top is released?

i thought the replacement tops were the stainless tops.

I too would like to know more about the release of this new red 3.7v rod!

friedbanana8,

s2kap2

All,
I wanted to share my positive experience dealing with Delta9Vapes/W9Tech. I was excited to get the SR-71 to complete the Persei. Unfortunately, I assembled it wrong as I ended up burning out a top and four IMR AW batteries in the process. Embarrassed, I sent it back and was taken care of immediately, no questions asked. Now I have a working SR-71. Their immediate customer service shows they stand behind their product. I see a lot of haters on this board yet haven't seen them contribute to the development of the product. They are building a re-usable cartridge to suit everyone's needs.

As I'm reading some post, there is a mention of a washer. I remember seeing a washer when I got my first SR-71, but in the replacement it wasn't there. Is this something I can just pick up at Home Depot? I'm getting vape production but I wouldn't consider it thick. Sorry if this has been asked before, this thread is so large I just read a couple of the last pages.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
All,
As I'm reading some post, there is a mention of a washer. I remember seeing a washer when I got my first SR-71, but in the replacement it wasn't there. Is this something I can just pick up at Home Depot? I'm getting vape production but I wouldn't consider it thick. Sorry if this has been asked before, this thread is so large I just read a couple of the last pages.

#10 washer (Stainless to stay medical)

Mine works great?

ataxian,
Reactions: s2kap2

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
7.4v heavy oil vapor production, also convection herb if coil is shortened.

3.7v blue herb conduction. Small oil vapor

3.7v red oil production and maybe herb convection if modified.
Okay got it, I think?

Now im just still confused about the sr71 with the 3.7V and 7.4V heater. Does that just mean it does both herbs and oils depending on what batteries you use? Ex. With a 3.7V battery it does herbs and with 7.4V of battery it would be used with oil? And if that is the case why wouldnt everyone go with that option?

Mynameismud,
Reactions: OF

Krazzykid

Okay got it, I think?

Now im just still confused about the sr71 with the 3.7V and 7.4V heater. Does that just mean it does both herbs and oils depending on what batteries you use? Ex. With a 3.7V battery it does herbs and with 7.4V of battery it would be used with oil? And if that is the case why wouldnt everyone go with that option?
No G is trying to tell you that there are 3 different heating rods that you have to change along with battery configurations.

There is a 7.4 heating rod that requires 2-3.7v batteries(think of this one as a portable nail, it will eat through oil fast and can be made to do oil and herb at the same time but will easily burn herb)

There are also 2-3.7 heating rods. One with a blue ring on it that is for herbs and has less chance of combustion. There is also one with a red ring on it that is for 3.7 oil production. The red ring one will presumably give less vapor production(like the normal carts) and therefore not eat through your oil as fast.

The red ring one is also still in prototype step right now.

Does that clear it up? You have to change batteries AND reassemble your SR-71 with the correct rod for the configuration you want to use.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
No G is trying to tell you that there are 3 different heating rods that you have to change along with battery configurations.

There is a 7.4 heating rod that requires 2-3.7v batteries(think of this one as a portable nail, it will eat through oil fast and can be made to do oil and herb at the same time but will easily burn herb)

There are also 2-3.7 heating rods. One with a blue ring on it that is for herbs and has less chance of combustion. There is also one with a red ring on it that is for 3.7 oil production. The red ring one will presumably give less vapor production(like the normal carts) and therefore not eat through your oil as fast.

The red ring one is also still in prototype step right now.

Does that clear it up? You have to change batteries AND reassemble your SR-71 with the correct rod for the configuration you want to use.
Ahhh got it! Didnt see the price changed when i clicked the 3.7 and 7.4 V option. :doh:

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Here is a video of the herc and some finger/scissor hash.
7.4v fully charged batteries and a modified oil coil thats basically just cut in half, not sure you need to cut your oil coil in half................. but I eventually want to try the oil and herb at the same time so I cut oil coil in half.

Enjoy!!

Last edited:

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Blaze after you where done can do you have a pic of the coil, and can you boil the coil and do a before and after pic?

So use it a few times then take a pic and clean it and take a pic.

I want to see if performance degrades over time.

Uhhh ohhhhhh

Just got a Text from my best friend MR FEDEX and the Stainless Top Caps should be here Tomorrow morning.

Last edited:

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Blaze after you where done can do you have a pic of the coil, and can you boil the coil and do a before and after pic?

So use it a few times then take a pic and clean it and take a pic.

I want to see if performance degrades over time.

Uhhh ohhhhhh

Just got a Text from my best friend MR FEDEX and the Stainless Top Caps should be here Tomorrow morning.

Not a problem, had a bunch of sessions with the finger hash & below is how the coil looked like after approx. a half gram.

Next lll clean the coil. Boil? or can I light it with a regular bic

lighter?

Sweet, fed-ex has some goodies!

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Boil it first then see how clean it is.

Not a problem, had a bunch of sessions with the finger hash & below is how the coil looked like after approx. a half gram.

Next lll clean the coil. Boil? or can I light it with a regular bic

lighter?

Sweet, fed-ex has some goodies!

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Here is a video of the herc and some finger/scissor hash.
7.4v fully charged batteries and a modified oil coil thats basically just cut in half, not sure you need to cut your oil coil in half................. but I eventually want to try the oil and herb at the same time so I cut oil coil in half.

Enjoy!!

HASH?

ataxian,

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Yes, I know you have been getting great results. Hercules + some finger/scissor hash = some delicious vapor.
I used a small amount to give people a better idea.
Later I started adding more and more and it too ( the sr-71) started giving me more and more lol lol
:nod:

Uhhh ohhhhhh

This is what I feel like doing in front of the fed ex in excitement:rofl:

oops wrong move:shrug:

[/quote]

Last edited:

SlinginPaint

As Above ∞ So Below
My 18650 that came with my Persei is on its last leg... damn that was fast... discharging in under 5 sessions. Lasted about 3 months?? Guess it had been sitting for a while.

On another note I got one of the newest carts sent to me (wide mouth loading slits) and.... damn do the goods go down with ease. The airflow seems to have been improved over the old carts too. Feels sooo much less restricted.

Top Bottom