Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

druminfected

Damn! First day of holidays and my two replacement Hercs show up in the mail. Something to look foreward to at the end of vacation I guess. Has anybody done any expierementing with the 3.7v rod yet?

Hell yeh, when someone handed me my mail i seen a package, I totally thought it was my battery charger i ordered, and just opened up the package without reading who shipping it and was Surprised to see the SR-71 Replacement! Holy crap shipping faster than the flash! I only just got a notice saturday and it's already here!

W9Tech Top notch CS!

Just sanitizing everything atm, but was curious should the oil coils/tanks be sanitized via boil as well? I didn't see anything in the instruction booklet so was just curious

druminfected,

druminfected

the part that screws into the persei

Crap I threw that in to clean too :/ well now people know exactly heh. Bob Loblaw I was wondering, how do you like the oil coils compared to the oil tanks? I have both and was wondering if I should try em both out or just stick with one or the other for now. Thanks again!

druminfected,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
i'd just go coil. make sure you have that washer in place and the inner part of the mp slightly unthreaded.
the base connector isn't in air path so no need to boil, imo

Bob Loblaw,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Guys you dont have to tell me twice. You wanted the best of the best of the best well im gonna give it to you, but before you get it, your gonna sign a waiver. Because what we will do is offer anyone who wants to go balls to the wall performance with no limitations.

The Persei tops will be offered in the SS versions as well. This means no circuit boards, no lights, no nothing to hold you back, and nothing to save your face if you decide to fuck things up. We are serious about the waiver. We will not be responsible for you running a 1 ohm load on 7.4v by accident or for it to burn a hole in your pocket if for some reason it was activated.

It's the GLOC right? Glass Liquid Oil Chamber?

All I can is: :rockon: :rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

No that is not the Gloc that is just a glass ejuice tank coming to market in a few. Basically a replacement to all the tanks we have.

OB

Guys you dont have to tell me twice. You wanted the best of the best of the best well im gonna give it to you, but before you get it, your gonna sign a waiver. Because what we will do is offer anyone who wants to go balls to the wall performance with no limitations.

The Persei tops will be offered in the SS versions as well. This means no circuit boards, no lights, no nothing to hold you back, and nothing to save your face if you decide to fuck things up. We are serious about the waiver. We will not be responsible for you running a 1 ohm load on 7.4v by accident or for it to burn a hole in your pocket if for some reason it was activated.

No that is not the Gloc that is just a glass ejuice tank coming to market in a few. Basically a replacement to all the tanks we have.

how long till we can get our hands on those new tops?

OB,

thevaf

Waiver indeed! Stacking batteries can cause serious explosions if you don't know what your are doing.

For example, putting a 18350 with a 50% charge stacked on top of another 18350 with 100% charge can cause an explosion. But you don't see too much of these because most devices with VV/VW have over-current protection.

thevaf,

Snart420

7:10 Again
I received my replacement hurcules today and for the life of me cannot get it to work . I blew my double top already and I'm afraid I might blow my single head .ohm reading is 2.5ohms from the bottom contact to the side of the herc with rod installed.

Snart420,
Reactions: kindbeats

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
I received my replacement hurcules today and for the life of me cannot get it to work . I blew my double top already and I'm afraid I might blow my single head .ohm reading is 2.5ohms from the bottom contact to the side of the herc with rod installed.

My replacements came today and I'm kind of pissed off. They look amazing and I followed the directions plus G's video to every last detail, sanitizing and then dry firing a bunch of times to burn off any residual iso from the cleaning. I did this using my duel top. I then went ahead and tested the Ohm's using my Iris and it checked out at 1.6 ohm which is what it should be. So I put my Herc onto my single top and dropped a fat dab's worth of oil on a coil. I got some really tasty vapor but not any herculean rips. Understandable since I didn't exactly load the thing with a lot. So then I decided to try using one of the tanks because they used to deliver good dab sized rips.

For one, my tank didn't fit inside the chamber with its top on so I tried a tank without its top. Press the power button and my batteries shot down into the tube of my Persei and my single top just stays lit. Anyone want to help me out here because I went to extra measures to make sure I didn't fry out my old school Persei top and then it happens within one or two attempts at a session. :bang:

Last edited:
kindbeats,

OF

Press the power button and my batteries shot down into the tube of my Persei and my single top just stays lit.

Bummer. What do you mean by "my batteries shot down into the tube"? Did the spring collapse? If so, that's not a good sign since that normally means a short circuit has caused excessive current and overheating.....and in this case killing the electronics in addition to overheating the spring?

I was under the impression that Persei was well protected from short circuits, but given the problems guys are having that might not be the case......

I'm wondering if something is changing shape when hot enough to cause a short to show up under load??? But, based on the 'statistics of small groups' we have here there seems to be a fairly large chance you'll blow your Persei top with this guy?

OF

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
Bummer. What do you mean by "my batteries shot down into the tube"? Did the spring collapse? If so, that's not a good sign since that normally means a short circuit has caused excessive current and overheating.....and in this case killing the electronics in addition to overheating the spring?

I was under the impression that Persei was well protected from short circuits, but given the problems guys are having that might not be the case......

I'm wondering if something is changing shape when hot enough to cause a short to show up under load??? But, based on the 'statistics of small groups' we have here there seems to be a fairly large chance you'll blow your Persei top with this guy?

OF

Yes, the spring collapsed. Absolutely baffled and a bit bummed.

kindbeats,

OF

Yes, the spring collapsed. Absolutely baffled and a bit bummed.

Thanks for the prompt reply. That's kind of spooky. I think that means if a guy had the spring plate up too tight (so the spring couldn't collapse enough) we'd be looking at a possible battery cook off?

I think it'd be a very useful thing to understand how the resistance got from the safe 1.6 Ohms you measured to the evidently fatal lower resistance with no assistance from you. Until then, Murphy says it can happen anytime it wants to to any of us......but it will, we know, wait until it's as inconvenient as possible.....

OF

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
Thanks for the prompt reply. That's kind of spooky. I think that means if a guy had the spring plate up too tight (so the spring couldn't collapse enough) we'd be looking at a possible battery cook off?

I think it'd be a very useful thing to understand how the resistance got from the safe 1.6 Ohms you measured to the evidently fatal lower resistance with no assistance from you. Until then, Murphy says it can happen anytime it wants to to any of us......but it will, we know, wait until it's as inconvenient as possible.....

OF

Can't help but think that it had something to do with the tank but I'm not in a position to speculate as I know nothing about the intricacies of electronics.

kindbeats,
Reactions: OF

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Can't help but think that it had something to do with the tank but I'm not in a position to speculate as I know nothing about the intricacies of electronics.
that's a good guess. also the older, non serial tops don't have the resistance that the new ones do. remember both of my hints to keep from blowing tops?

one was feathering the button on as it draws high initially.

that also may be a contributing factor.

sorry you got popped, but it sounds like you were due for new tops anyway

Souljah

My replacements came today and I'm kind of pissed off. They look amazing and I followed the directions plus G's video to every last detail, sanitizing and then dry firing a bunch of times to burn off any residual iso from the cleaning. I did this using my duel top. I then went ahead and tested the Ohm's using my Iris and it checked out at 1.6 ohm which is what it should be. So I put my Herc onto my single top and dropped a fat dab's worth of oil on a coil. I got some really tasty vapor but not any herculean rips. Understandable since I didn't exactly load the thing with a lot. So then I decided to try using one of the tanks because they used to deliver good dab sized rips.

For one, my tank didn't fit inside the chamber with its top on so I tried a tank without its top. Press the power button and my batteries shot down into the tube of my Persei and my single top just stays lit. Anyone want to help me out here because I went to extra measures to make sure I didn't fry out my old school Persei top and then it happens within one or two attempts at a session. :bang:
I had somthing similar happen:

followed dir's to the T
after reassembly dropped a good sized chunk of winterized honeycomb (.8 or so) dropped in two freshly charged bats and poof, blue light stayed on until i could speedunscrew it. Single top frizzled.

So i broke it down again cleaned it and reassembled it hooked it to the double top and dropped another .8 or so in it, it melted, it vaporised, with little visible vapor but a tasty vapor hit then nothing. It dissappeared. I loaded another .8 and pulled the trigger. Same thing. Great vapor hit no "smoke" and it disappeared.

So i broke it down again ISO cleaned the parts and found the lost oil in the guts of the machine. Reassembled again, same results.

Keep in mind i have been following the thread here for days now hoping for a solution and following all the great bits of help coming out.

I wish it worked, as i could use the relief it is said to provide. I have benn and will continue to be patient because i know the end result is good for us all...

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer

Take the rod out and measure it by itself.

What happened is the rod was not secured and when you put the old tank it pushed down. The old tops can not handle this.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

OF

Lots of people having problems and frying things. Even if it is mostly old heads, this thing seems like it's prone to shorting. Just an observation..

I think this is a good observation, at least worthy of investigation.

I wonder how deep the hole in the base pin is (the one the ceramic element plugs into). Is it deep enough so the metalized end and insulation band on the rod can enter far enough to short to the second ring (where the collet normally grabs)? If so, this seems like a design error. Perhaps something as simple as a short pin or bead in the well would prevent it being pushed in far enough to cause the failure?

And I'm still worried that there's no power source to backfeed the supply, a short circuit should be the worst case and the top should have tolerated a short......doesn't it just flash? Like 3 times? Is it perhaps that if you're not watching the light and don't notice and hang on the button it overheats and dies or something? Normally shorts aren't fatal.

So, will someone with one apart please check to see if the rod can be inserted into the base pin far enough to contact the second metalized ring? TIA

OF

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
Take the rod out and measure it by itself.

What happened is the rod was not secured and when you put the old tank it pushed down. The old tops can not handle this.

I can honestly say that the rod was secured as tight as possible and the tank wasn't even close to fitting in the chamber and I didn't force it down. It's working fine again now without any adjustments made to the Herc. It only happened the one time I used the tank.

Also, I've run a gram through this thing today trying to get it to deliver the Herculean clouds that the original Hercs used to give me and I've gotten basically nothing but the occasional wisp of tasty vapor. I have to make my own oils out here on the east coast and the material needed is about three times as expensive as the west coast, so that was definitely a kick in the balls. Definitely confused and scratching my head because I saw both Bob and Blazing OG blowing massive clouds with relative ease but not myself and others. :hmm: I think maybe it has something to do with the washer and mouthpiece? In all honesty, I'm hoping that's the main culprit as far as the hit density goes and will be solved with the new pieces you will be sending out.

Top Bottom