Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Bugsy

VapeHare
Happy Friday all! I'm wondering what those of us that have held on to our Hercs and not replaced any parts will receive...a new v2 or a bunch of pieces?

Bugsy,
Reactions: darkin3

darkin3

anyone else like the hercules v2 name better because its less confusing? especially for other people, who no doubt about it, will be getting into this hercules game later than us. It'll provide less confusion for people who are new to d9 products. but thats just my 2 cents. I'm just happy to hear its going into production this coming week!

also, I sent a ticket in yesterday for service of my hercules. and your statement:
This is how it will go we will do replacements first then new unit sales.
does that mean my 7.4v hercules will be replaced with the sr-71 since it is still under its 6 month warranty?

darkin3,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
anyone else like the hercules v2 name better because its less confusing? especially for other people, who no doubt about it, will be getting into this hercules game later than us. It'll provide less confusion for people who are new to d9 products. but thats just my 2 cents. I'm just happy to hear its going into production this coming week!

also, I sent a ticket in yesterday for service of my hercules. and your statement:

does that mean my 7.4v hercules will be replaced with the sr-71 since it is still under its 6 month warranty?

The heaters will be replaced with the newer model, the outside shells if anyone still has the older Delrin shells it will be replaced to the newer Teflon One Piece units.

buster

really lookin forward to pickin up the hercules sr!

ran into a little problem with the double top of my persei last night. i was running the double top with two 18350 AWs and had a 5.0 ohm cart on. as i began inhaling, i was hit with one of the gnarliest tastes. it was super sour like the cement the orthodontist uses on braces. i looked and noticed that the light was still on although i was no longer pressing it. although i never noticed any leaks i still cleaned everything real well just in case a little oil was causing the button to stick. as soon as the top made contact with the battery the light came on. i tried clicking it off, but no such luck. i noticed the top was warming up quick and then smoke began to creep out of the button. just wanted to see if this has happened to anyone else? also, is the sour taste the normal taste of a fouling out cart? it is for sure shot as i tested it on my single top head and it didnt warm up

edit: G that looks so dope!!!

buster,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
contact support, sounds like the older tops. We have the newer tops with burlier electronics.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

darkin3

The heaters will be replaced with the newer model, the outside shells if anyone still has the older Delrin shells it will be replaced to the newer Teflon One Piece units.

can't wait! hope my service ticket gets replied to so I can get at least my persei replaced and ready for this! then hopefully my hercules will be replaced too since it has the older delrin outter shell! i'll be eagerly waiting, thanks for the reply!

darkin3,
Reactions: ataxian

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
yea, i have 3 originals that need to be replaced.
am stoked to get them. not sure i have anything other than the tanks tho?
will this be a problem?
that's awesome that you incorporated my steel mesh idea into the final design!
feels good to have helped.
keep us updated!

darkin3

glad im not the only one waiting for the herc unit to be replaced :D

edit: any idea how long one must wait for the service ticket to be noticed and replied to? just wanted to make sure i ask before the business day is over. thanks!

edit 2: thanks for the quick pm's d9! really top notch customer service! :tup::clap:

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
yea, i have 3 originals that need to be replaced.
am stoked to get them. not sure i have anything other than the tanks tho?
will this be a problem?
that's awesome that you incorporated my steel mesh idea into the final design!
feels good to have helped.
keep us updated!

Yes you did. I was trying to figure out how to make this, but when you showed me the mesh screen something clicked and I started researching, and developed a technique to make this shape.

Bob your insight and suggestion did this trick.

tharealmclovin

So when do we start contacting about getting the new heaters? I got all my new teflon pieces months ago but i dont think they have those red rings. Is there another new version???

friedbanana8

So when do we start contacting about getting the new heaters? I got all my new teflon pieces months ago but i dont think they have those red rings. Is there another new version???

i think the red rings have been added to the new hercules for that other new nibbler piece made for the hercules.

friedbanana8,

t00fatt

My new persei seems to be doing something weird when I install the two small 3.7v cells. With the top battery flush, or really at any position, if I press down on the cells just a millimeter, the cells move down a millimeter, then get stuck/jammed and do not comeback up unless I tap on the persei body. This happens at any position, with the top cell above or below where it ought to be. Then when I go to remove the cells, the top cell comes right now like normal, but the bottom cell is jammed and has to be tapped out, this happens every time I remove the cells. There is no damage to the covering on either cell, and either cell gets stuck when its at the bottom. There also does not appear to be any damage to the spring either, as it works perfectly with the large single 3.7v cell. Any ideas as to what could be going on? I feel like I'm not getting as good contact between the + on the top cell and the persei top, as there is little to no pressure from the spring pressing the cells against the contact point. Instead first the top pushes down slightly on the cells, then they get jammed in that position, and the spring pressure is then applied to wherever the bottom cell is jamming against the body, and not applied to the contacts between the battery and the top.

Thanks for any help guys, although I just got cut off from my only source of concentrates here in central FL. So my persei really won't getting much use until I can get a bender, or start blasting my own goods.

OF

There is no damage to the covering on either cell, and either cell gets stuck when its at the bottom. There also does not appear to be any damage to the spring either, as it works perfectly with the large single 3.7v cell. Any ideas as to what could be going on?

Sure sounds like a taper or out of round condition in the lower part of the tube if not a flat out burr or similar flaw. I'd pull the bottom cap, spring plate and spring out. Then shining light down the tube slowly insert a battery (I'd use the 18650 I think if I could) and see what and were the problem is. If it's minor, and you're of a mind to, it should be easy to lap out with some emery paper taped to a stick. It won't take much to hang the battery up.

Otherwise you can send it in for replacement, but the numbers will no longer match and logo won't line up on the replacement if that's important to you.

Good luck with it.

OF

OF,
Reactions: t00fatt

t00fatt

Thanks OF, sounds simple enough. Will definitely check that out tomorrow. Are the persei bodies machined or extruded? Lol would have been a while before I thought to check the body, figured the body was extruded and thus consistent. Guess it could get bent out of round, but I haven't experienced any jamming with the 18650. Thanks again!

t00fatt,

OF

Thanks OF, sounds simple enough. Will definitely check that out tomorrow. Are the persei bodies machined or extruded? Lol would have been a while before I thought to check the body, figured the body was extruded and thus consistent. Guess it could get bent out of round, but I haven't experienced any jamming with the 18650. Thanks again!

You're welcome. Don't put too much stock in that simple part, lately that's been about all I'm in the mood to deal with......

I think it's DOM tube. Drawn Over Mandrel. Where tube is pulled over a wide spot expanding it outward giving a near perfect inner surface. I doubt anyone would bother to put such a nice polish where you can't see it.....I don't think it's bored out (no tool marks). Such things aren't always straight, basically the last thing that happened it it got stretched out of shape? And as you say all sorts of things can make it out of round, although it is pretty thick. You can also end up with problem where the threads are, a burr could be the culprit here (my bet).

Anyway, a tight fitting cylinder should highlight the trouble area when pushed through slowly. Or would that be 'low light'? Yeah, that's closer to it.....

Good luck.

OF

OF,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
That was great to watch after a 0.5 gram bowl of GSC in a BENDER!
Man I could not finish my BENDER session at 6:AM.
This bowl I might nurse through out the day!

The HERCULES will be real powerful like most of the PERSEI ARSENAL!

It's hard to down size once you have this much power!
You're welcome. Don't put too much stock in that simple part, lately that's been about all I'm in the mood to deal with......
I
OF
OF I just had a strange experience with the HAMMER TOP for the BENDER.
It would just blink and not stay on?
Lucky me to stick a pair of AW IMR 18350's in my pocket before I sat down in a lounge chair.
I know it was only 6AM however I was quick in my judgement and put in the fresh set right away.
Worked perfect and the Blue light stayed on like it's suppose too.

The batteries were the old "TRUST FIRE's" that came with my first PERSEI.
I have a few sets of the AW's however I think a couple more sets would make me more comfortable.

PROBLEM?
[USER; DEVICE; ACCESSORY; POWER SOURCE]

ataxian,
Reactions: OF

OF

OF I just had a strange experience with the HAMMER TOP for the BENDER.
It would just blink and not stay on?

I know it was only 6AM however I was quick in my judgement and put in the fresh set right away.
Worked perfect and the Blue light stayed on like it's suppose too.

The batteries were the old "TRUST FIRE's" that came with my first PERSEI.
I have a few sets of the AW's however I think a couple more sets would make me more comfortable.

PROBLEM?
[USER; DEVICE; ACCESSORY; POWER SOURCE]

Great troubleshooting. I don't use mine in HV much but would have 'gone there' as well.

I think you'll find a useless battery, if not just yet, it sure will be after a couple more such adventures.

Overall, though, it's an unfortunate result of the design. A classic problem, one of the two is going to go flat first, when it does there's a powerful battery next to it which will (eventually) try to charge it backwards if you let it..... This is why, I think, Persei should be "AW IMR only", or at least good quality IMRs. Protected Li-ions and especially unproted ones should be avoided in series use like here. IMRs take the abuse much better. You also should 'match' the pair by type and usage, new with older is to be avoided as well.

And, as always, having a spare charged battery to substitute in when questions come up is important.

OF

OF,
Reactions: ataxian

SlideOrDie

Hercules is confirmed.

Here is what we have learned. All oil up to 99.9% can be recovered with iso baths. Every Single Piece is boilable.

All parts are user serviceable. No more sending it in. You can have your spare parts and bam no more down time.

All parts are medical grade. Ceramic, Stainless Steel, Teflon, Tungsten and Brass.

No solder of any kind in the heater core, or air path.

No Heating wires of any kind.

No Silica Wicks of any kind or glass rods.

No wires of any kind.

1 year warranty.

Here is what we will admit.

It is not for the timid. It will leak small amounts of oil into its bottom base. It will frustrate you because you don't know how to use it. It will make you scratch your head.

But the one thing it will not do is.

Disappoint you.

Hercules SR-71. Taking you to higher altitude every day. ( if you dont like the name let me know we will stick with Hercules V2 )

Named after my favorite piece of engineering marvel.

Hey boss, just wondering if it's ok to send in my non serialized Persei this next week and you guys can ship me back the new tops and my Persei along with the Hercules SR-71's when everything is ready so you guys can save on shipping?

Thanks!

Top Bottom