Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

t00fatt

Thanks guy, I did finally get my 5ohm cart to prime with that taffy. Just had to get a bit more aggressive with the button at 3.7v, 8 to 10 seconds instead of 5 to 6. Only problem now is I think I'm vaping everything off the wick before the tank melts down and reflows into the wick. Any tricks to melting the tank down more effectively without vaping everything off the wick? I'm trying to give it a lot of short, less than 1 second, bursts every 2 seconds or so, in hope I can warm up the tank without vaping everything off the wick and drying it out before the tank melts down. The taste I'm getting from my 5ohm cart is at times more akin to my crappy gpen then the 2.4ohm carts I've had. I think my wick is drying out even though I've been extremely conservative with the button, due to the taffy I loaded and my lack of experience.

OF

Thanks guy, I did finally get my 5ohm cart to prime with that taffy. Just had to get a bit more aggressive with the button at 3.7v, 8 to 10 seconds instead of 5 to 6.

I'm trying to give it a lot of short, less than 1 second, bursts every 2 seconds or so, in hope I can warm up the tank without vaping everything off the wick and drying it out before the tank melts down.

Sounds like a good plan to me, I've done just that with some success when messing with shatter. The heater will cool faster than the reservoir. Said the other way, you can slowly build heat up in the reservoir without reaching vaping temperature at the wicks.

However, while I hate to bring it up at this point, how sure are you of that taffy? Have you done a foil test on it? I learned the hard way that some big bucks taffy from my otherwise very good local Dispensary had too much junk in it and fouled out a cart right off.

OF

OF,
Reactions: t00fatt

t00fatt

Thanks OF!

Well the thing with the foil test is I'm not 100% on what i should be looking for. Am I looking for 100% clean vaporization, that leaves no detectable residue or just minimal? Nothing I have ever tried vaporized without leaving a detectable residue, most just leaves a faint slightly stick spot of residue with some more or less than other. This taffy vaped fairly cleanly, but did leave some residue. The taffy does have a very slight hint of green, but is primarily gold/blonde. I'm really not too concerned about the longevity of these 5ohm carts, as I plan to pick up and stick to 2.4ohm carts. Will likely not refill this cart as it is, but I'd like to try and enjoy what I do have loaded up for now, as it will be some time before I can get some more wax. Thanks again man!

t00fatt,

OF

You're welcome. I've never seen zero I guess, but many good oils leave a very hard to find darker area. Others leave little doubt....

The unfortunate thing is it doesn't take very much debris at all where the wicks go through the wall into the heater area. The fibers are jammed in tight there's not a lot of area for the concentrate to get through. Normally they seem to klag up with about 3 grams use, the heater getting a solid 'scab'. I've also had taffy loads fail quickly with the reservoir full and the heater clean but no concentrate making it past the narrow part.

I'm with you in wanting to use it up if possible, good luck with it. BTW, in case you haven't seen it, this is a fouled out cart (3 grams of Sour Diesel wax IIRC):

Notice how tight the bundle is just outside the heater (where it goes though the square notches into the reservoir). I'm betting this is where it's not feeding well?

Good luck.

OF

t00fatt

You're welcome. I've never seen zero I guess, but many good oils leave a very hard to find darker area. Others leave little doubt....

The unfortunate thing is it doesn't take very much debris at all where the wicks go through the wall into the heater area. The fibers are jammed in tight there's not a lot of area for the concentrate to get through. Normally they seem to klag up with about 3 grams use, the heater getting a solid 'scab'. I've also had taffy loads fail quickly with the reservoir full and the heater clean but no concentrate making it past the narrow part.

I'm with you in wanting to use it up if possible, good luck with it. BTW, in case you haven't seen it, this is a fouled out cart (3 grams of Sour Diesel wax IIRC):

Notice how tight the bundle is just outside the heater (where it goes though the square notches into the reservoir). I'm betting this is where it's not feeding well?

Good luck.

OF
Thanks! Yeah I actually recently pulled apart a fouled up cart just out of curiosity of the internal design. Yeah I think this taffy has enough impurities in it too keep from wanting to load a another cart with it, that's for sure. I actually switched back to 3.7v, and once i get the cart slowly warmed up a bit, it starts hitting pretty nicely. Not huge clouds, but satisfying and very tasty hits. I don't think my taffy is flowing well enough to keep the wick from heating up, and is really affecting the taste at 7.4v. I'm pretty happy with the hits im getting at 3.7v though. I just can't wait to get some more C02 wax and a few 2.4ohm carts!

t00fatt,
Reactions: OF

OF

I actually switched back to 3.7v, and once i get the cart slowly warmed up a bit, it starts hitting pretty nicely. Not huge clouds, but satisfying and very tasty hits. I don't think my taffy is flowing well enough to keep the wick from heating up, and is really affecting the taste at 7.4v. I'm pretty happy with the hits im getting at 3.7v though. I just can't wait to get some more C02 wax and a few 2.4ohm carts!

Cool, makes sense to me.

Too bad you don't have some RCR123As lying around like some of us, I bet running it at 6.0 might turn out to be a good compromise?

Otherwise, sad duty ahead. Looks like you've got to knuckle down and vape that nasty stuff up....can't let it fall into the wrong hands you know.

FWIW, I am really getting partial to CO2 extracts. They often are 10% or so lower in THC, but IMO have excellent flavor generally, and they vape very well. IMO worth seeking out, I stock up when I come across it. There's a lot of bunk out there, but some Dispensaries are straight and once you handle it some it's pretty easy to spot stuff that's 'wrong'.

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
You know what ataxian? I like your pictures, but after seeing the same pic a dozen times, it gets old.
I'm surprised the nazi moderators haven't slapped you for wasting bandwidth. They sure get their knickers in a knot for back to back posts.

Edit< Feel free to kiss my ass, Herr Moderator!! Sieg Heil !!
The photos I thought were relevant to the topic so I thought?
I have warnings as well so I'm not above the law!
I guess I need to delete the 1,000 photos and take some new ones?
Been building my medication room so no new material.
Sorry to offend you!

Kind regard,

ataxian

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
When you guys say that shipping from PlanetVape is sometimes faster than D9 when shipping to California, what level of shipping is that? The lowest priced shipping option says 6-9 days, while there is a $30 option for 2-3 days.

Atomsk,

OF

When you guys say that shipping from PlanetVape is sometimes faster than D9 when shipping to California, what level of shipping is that? The lowest priced shipping option says 6-9 days, while there is a $30 option for 2-3 days.

I've never paid the big bucks, but always got what I thought was very fast service. My guess is t hey pad the number some in case of customs delays? My Solo PVHES got here in 3 days IIRC.

OF

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
I've never paid the big bucks, but always got what I thought was very fast service. My guess is t hey pad the number some in case of customs delays? My Solo PVHES got here in 3 days IIRC.

OF

Thanks, OF. Thinking of placing a custom glass order for a NibblerX-Bender adapter idea I had, as well as a Bender. Glad to know I won't have to burn in waiting so long. Custom 5 pack carts are also a steal.

friedbanana8

You know what ataxian? I like your pictures, but after seeing the same pic a dozen times, it gets old.
I'm surprised the nazi moderators haven't slapped you for wasting bandwidth. They sure get their knickers in a knot for back to back posts.

Edit< Feel free to kiss my ass, Herr Moderator!! Sieg Heil !!

hahaha god i got a kick out of reading this. I personally enjoy the pictures, but yeah
wouldnt it be funny if we got rid of all of ataxians pictures and we ended up with only 10 pages in this thread lol

friedbanana8,

StepInToSpace

I never got any updated parts. We tried everything. G called me today. He repeated to me his findings which were what I had been telling him since the day after I got the darn thing.

I dropped mine and needed to send it in. G told me on that phone that he could send me a fixed one (same V1) or wait because V2 would be out soon. I decided to wait..... Its now been almost 5 months.

I totally feel like I've been robbed. I love my Persei, but come on. I should get my money back AND a free Hercules when they come out.... errrr IF they come out.

StepInToSpace,
Reactions: ru_frothi

tharealmclovin

I dropped mine and needed to send it in. G told me on that phone that he could send me a fixed one (same V1) or wait because V2 would be out soon. I decided to wait..... Its now been almost 5 months.

I totally feel like I've been robbed. I love my Persei, but come on. I should get my money back AND a free Hercules when they come out.... errrr IF they come out.

I believe we were all offered our money back several times...And I believe the majority said they would wait for it to be right...Im sure you could still get your refund by contacting the manufacturer.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
ok guys after spending grueling time with the new house and trying to solve the 1701 issue we now have the final 1701 design's.

It is not leak proof as i would say it, it is however 10 times better then the current design as it will leak if over filled.

Still working on the Hercules as the final placement of the air holes is important. It takes time to cnc new parts and test. So please be patient.

Ruff

Looks like your unit was the issue, after tinkering with your Hercules, I was able to make them work and produce vapor on the 3.7v model with herbs using a AW IMR Cell at 3.8v, and both 7.4v units produced massive vapors with oils. The issue was with your tops as both tops some how could not operate the Hercules, our tech department also told me before they sent out the Persei they had to replace the bottom adjustable spring as it was in bad condition. I am waiting to have the units returned from the engineer so that i can test it out with fully charged cells.

SlinginPaint

As Above ∞ So Below
Thanks for the update SCI.

Will it be possible to load more than .5 safely with the 1701s?

SlinginPaint,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Thanks for the update SCI.

Will it be possible to load more than .5 safely with the 1701s?

.5-.6 at a time nothing more.

The 1701's have a single heater instead of the duels. They are designed more for the runny oils. As more and more feed back is received we can fine tune the innards for having different versions for different consistencies.

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
ok guys after spending grueling time with the new house and trying to solve the 1701 issue we now have the final 1701 design's.

It is not leak proof as i would say it, it is however 10 times better then the current design as it will leak if over filled.

Still working on the Hercules as the final placement of the air holes is important. It takes time to cnc new parts and test. So please be patient.

Ruff

Looks like your unit was the issue, after tinkering with your Hercules, I was able to make them work and produce vapor on the 3.7v model with herbs using a AW IMR Cell at 3.8v, and both 7.4v units produced massive vapors with oils. The issue was with your tops as both tops some how could not operate the Hercules, our tech department also told me before they sent out the Persei they had to replace the bottom adjustable spring as it was in bad condition. I am waiting to have the units returned from the engineer so that i can test it out with fully charged cells.

I was using the persei provided 3.7v battery on the herc with very poor results. does it require an IMR to work?

Curious anyone out there in FC land using their using a 3.7v herc?

I'm confused about your comments on the 7.4v hercs with oils.

So yesterday you told me something completely different that my herc's didn't work with your tops or my tops and it was the hercs that were bad. Today we have a new story? and its the tops? WTF?

Dunno what to believe anymore. The story keeps changing....

Curious anyone out there using cthere using a 3.7v herc?

ru_frothi,

OF

I was using the persei provided 3.7v battery on the herc with very poor results. does it require an IMR to work?

Only if you want it to work well. Hercules is several times the power, that calls for the most serious battery out there, the AW brand IMRs. FWIW I don't think this is any secret? That information is 'out there'.

Other brands of IMR, while cheaper, are not as effective.....which is why they're cheaper I guess? My advice is if you want top performance, don't get cheap on the battery, spring for the good stuff.

BTW, the same jump in performance with AW IMRs is found in Omicron V2......for the same reason. Superior quality, lower internal resistance (at the expense of capacity, don't get sucked in my simple minded number comparisons).

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer

Curious anyone out there in FC land using their using a 3.7v herc?

I'm confused about your comments on the 7.4v hercs with oils.

So yesterday you told me something completely different that my herc's didn't work with your tops or my tops and it was the hercs that were bad. Today we have a new story? and its the tops? WTF?

Dunno what to believe anymore. The story keeps changing....

Curious anyone out there using cthere using a 3.7v herc?

The Hercs didn't work with your tops, They also didn't work with my tops, that is why i passed it to the engineer to work on them and see what went wrong, they both fired up on his tops and he demonstrated to me both producing vapor comparable to other Hercules . I will get the units back tomorrow and test them further on why my tops would not fire them. Please understand that i have over hundreds of tops and devices on my desk it could have been that i grabbed wrong device to test yours out, as i was a little busy with my personal life, that is why i passed it to the engineer to double check my findings.

Further inspection of your tops it seems the threads have never been cleaned or have not been cleaned lately. Some how with the bad bottom spring and the oil residue in the threads just was not allowing the tops to fire the Hercules, it works on cartridges but not with the Hercules for some odd reason. After further testing one of your tops not sure single or double just never shut off and it was constantly on.

Also all Hercules models require you to run it with AW IMR for best performance.

The story does not change Ruff i make mistakes some times.

OF

Further inspection of your tops it seems the threads have never been cleaned or have not been cleaned lately. Some how with the bad bottom spring and the oil residue in the threads just was not allowing the tops to fire the Hercules, it works on cartridges but not with the Hercules for some odd reason.

Also all Hercules models require you to run it with AW IMR for best performance.

The story does not change Ruff i make mistakes some times.

Listening in on the party line, I guess the oil makes sense to me. Hash Oil is an insulator and we need much more solid contact for high power guys like Hercules and Bender. Run an Omicron cart 'cold' and you still get useful vapor, not so with the big boys. The losses are so high there (insulation poor) that you need lots of steam to make speed. The very reason you need AW IMRs for good performance.

Hey, that 'making mistakes' line forms to the rear......

OF

t00fatt

Well so I got fed up with the taffy and dumped it out of my cart, leaving only a .1 not even a .2 behind. I have a 6 hour road trip coming up in a few days, and I need at least some medication to get me through it. Right now the only other concentrate I have access to is a pretty dark oil, not green but a really dark amber. I have yet to run a foil test on it. But assuming it does not fail a foil test, would I be okay loading up a 5ohm cart at 7.4v with some unstable oil? I'm going to be very careful about over heating, but I'm worried about it leaking on me. I've only ever ran pretty stable C02 waxes in my 2.4ohm carts before.

t00fatt,
Reactions: OF

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
Right now the only other concentrate I have access to is a pretty dark oil, not green but a really dark amber. I have yet to run a foil test on it. But assuming it does not fail a foil test, would I be okay loading up a 5ohm cart at 7.4v with some unstable oil?
Are you planning on re-using the Taffy-Cart, or a fresh 5 ohm?

If it's runny like that I recommend a 2.4 if you absolutely want something to puff on during the road trip. Keep it vertical at all times, and maybe be a little easier on the button so you don't flood the heater? Definitely run the foil test first because if it's not burning right and it's not the right consitency you shouldn't waste a fresh cart on it. That is unless need dictates it.

If you're thinking about using the Taffy-Cart you might get away with it so long as when you "dumped" out the old stuff you didn't remove the flue, overheat the cart, or otherwise damage it beyond working order. The same advice as the 2.4 here, except be much more easy on the button. Bring some ISO in case something happens.

On a somewhat related note, anyone have thoughts on mixing concentrates? Say you have a glass grade shatter and a runny amber oil, could you heat up the shatter on a warming tray and mix the two together to balance their consistencies?

OF

Right now the only other concentrate I have access to is a pretty dark oil, not green but a really dark amber. I have yet to run a foil test on it. But assuming it does not fail a foil test, would I be okay loading up a 5ohm cart at 7.4v with some unstable oil? I'm going to be very careful about over heating, but I'm worried about it leaking on me. I've only ever ran pretty stable C02 waxes in my 2.4ohm carts before.

Given a fresh 5 Ohm cart (the other is plugged in a key spot....) I'd go for it if it passes. Lots of really dark oils have made me happy over time. FWIW a friend showed me a trick for this, spread a tiny drop on a piece of white paper. The color, and more importantly contaminants, are easier to spot that way.

Keep a handle on the heat, and leaks should not be a problem. It all gets pretty thin by the time the tank heater warms it up. Just be careful on the hot button. You can't go backwards you know. Once trashed the seals are trashed, they don't heal magically (or any other way I tried).

Enjoy your trip.

OF

OF,
Reactions: t00fatt

t00fatt

If you're thinking about using the Taffy-Cart you might get away with it so long as when you "dumped" out the old stuff you didn't remove the flue, overheat the cart, or otherwise damage it beyond working order. The same advice as the 2.4 here, except be much more easy on the button. Bring some ISO in case something happens.

On a somewhat related note, anyone have thoughts on mixing concentrates? Say you have a glass grade shatter and a runny amber oil, could you heat up the shatter on a warming tray and mix the two together to balance their consistencies?

I'm hoping to reuse the 5ohm cart I had the taffy in, I was careful not to overheat the cart when dumping the load. I'm hoping whatever residue of taffy that is left in there will actually help to slow the flow through the wick. I'm also hoping on 7.4v I can give it an occasional quick button press to avoid warming up the tank heater.

EDIT: OF, so you would definitely recommend going for the fresh cart? I was hoping any sort of reduced "wickage" (lol), would help with runny oil.

t00fatt,
Top Bottom