Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
just realized i have ultrafire batteries.. not amr.
whats the difference between the two?

do the red batteries last longer? produce more vapor? or is it just a personal preference over the trustfire/ultrafire(idr which it is and im too lazy to check at the moment) Since ill be getting the herc when it comes out i'd like to know so i can order a couple batteries at the same time.

if it makes any difference towards answers i only use the shorty in the ss kit w. the one small battery or the med. from the ss kit w. 2 of the small batteries & a double top.
AW IMR's are the better battery however the others will work.

ataxian,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
SO are we still waiting on the new hercules to be released, i just received mines a couple days ago, im wondering if i should have waited for the new version...
Don't worry about your HERCULES I'm sure DELTA NINE will keep you current!
Since were waiting for the complete V2 HERCULES I'll have to just learn more about the BENDER and all of it's uses.

TommydCat

Keep in mind that it's not just butane that is being used... Check the materials safety data sheets applicable to the product and vendor of what you're using!

Not disagreeing with anything above, just making sure we see the whole picture before deciding a product is safe for inhalation based on what's actually in there instead of what we hope or think is not in there! ;)

OF

Keep in mind that it's not just butane that is being used... Check the materials safety data sheets applicable to the product and vendor of what you're using!

Not disagreeing with anything above, just making sure we see the whole picture before deciding a product is safe for inhalation based on what's actually in there instead of what we hope or think is not in there! ;)

Can you show a MSDS with any toxics added to cans of butane for lighter use?

I couldn't find any either. Again, not that it shows it's safe, it just fails to show there's a problem. Thousands of kids intentionally huff many thousands of times the levels possible for us for a long times with no known ill effects. Rest assured if there was something even remotely dangerous that way in there the authorities would be trumpeting it far and wide (to try to get traction in their 'war' on this abuse) and the makers of lighters would be in panic mode.

Avoid it as far as possible, but don't fear it is my advice.

OF

TommydCat

Just saying to check for whatever brand you're using... Didja know that Vector 5x contains a bit over 10% propane? Not saying it's not safe.. this particular one.. but it helps to know what you're working with. ;)

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
Just dropped the ASH CATCHER on my limestone floor!
Dang it!
Looks like the BENDER upside down on my BLACK LEAF BUBBLER until I get a new one.
I will rig some screens.

Sorry for your loss, glad Bender's OK tho.

@THCScientific Will there be a pre-order for the new Hercs? I can't wait to place one.

Also, anyone have an answer to if the Herc stays on by itself or if you need a Hammertop? Like, if you don't have a Hammertop, do you have to hold down the power button the entire time?

Atomsk,

DubCRider

Without the Hammer Top you will need to keep the button depressed manually, the Hammer Top is a "one press and on" type switch. I use the stock too or Iris and both momentary and have no problems, you should be fine without a Hammer Top.

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
Thanks for that, DubC. I was wondering if the description "features no shut off timer" meant the Herc will stay on by itself until turned off. You're the SoCal rep for D9 right?

how much do ya'll normally put in the hercules and how man hits do you get from that amount?
Pal, I've been barking up this tree for a couple days now. You have my promise that when I get my Herc the first thing I'll do is find out.

TommydCat

I just watched a vid on how there's a canister that fits in the Hercules for oils - are these used in V2 and can you order extras? (Didn't see on the web site..)

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
And nothing on the 1701s... Unfortunately both persei's have taken a seat on the shelf since about February. 10 drabs of puregold waiting for some functioning counterparts of love. But unfortunately the carts dont cut the mustard, the cartomizer is very picky when and where it does and doesnt want to work, the hercules is too much power for how its trying to be used, and thats about end-all for D9 products for puregold use. Its ok, just unfortunate. Even the Thermovape cera is probably too much power as well.

Most recent fall-short is both double top and single top have had their blue light dimly lit when not in use. They have been sitting on the bureau for a while and two nights ago they had their rings light. Regardless its not a functional issue. The issue is loaded about a gram of gold into the 2.4 cartomizer and it initially worked fair, now it doesnt work at all. No vapor production. both wicks have been wet since it was filled in my last post (February at some point???), tried two days ago when i noticed the blue ring on....taunting me.... and no production. aw imr 18650 in it. The cartomizer reads about 1.0ml full of just puregold. and no results.... This..is...bummmm.. Have since reverted to the "old ways", rolling papers. and it sucks. no concentrates at all. dislike buds. rather have 'trates. Dislike wax. Like oil, love puregold.

Porquiplane,

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
I just watched a vid on how there's a canister that fits in the Hercules for oils - are these used in V2 and can you order extras? (Didn't see on the web site..)

That's the tank and it comes w/ the 7.4v only. It's used in both v1 and v2, and in terms of extras the only thing I've seen is the Hercules kit from PlanetVape that has 5 extra tanks, two screens, a mouth piece and other such things. That was going for $49.99 U.S.

If you're hoping to use the 3.7v Herc for oil, you'll need an Iris to bring it up to 4.something volts and then you'll need to purchase tanks separately.

Can't wait to get my hands on a Hercules. The thing'll wish it only had to deal with 12 Labors when I get started.

Atomsk,

OF

Just saying to check for whatever brand you're using... Didja know that Vector 5x contains a bit over 10% propane? Not saying it's not safe.. this particular one.. but it helps to know what you're working with. ;)

I agree, you should always stay aware.

Yup, knew that, and they're not the only ones (I'm guessing your getting around to reading some MSDSs?). That's to cover the low temperature/no pressure problem. Being lighter (more like Natural Gas) it stays a vapor longer (so you can light your lighter....) although doesn't contain as much heat. They do exactly the same thing with domestic gas. The colder your winters, the more Propane in there and the less heat per fill up (same truck).

Also, you'll find being lighter, Propane is even a less problematic gas to have around in small amounts.

Again, think about it, if there was a health risk the cops would be scaring the shit out of parents with it to get them to rein in huffing and the match makers would be advertising far and wide while Bic collectively pulled their hair out. "Our matches don't emit toxic fumes like...." would be a mighty attractive advert....

But, yes, excellent point, get informed. Put your efforts in where they'll have the most effect.

OF

OF,

druminfected

I have a
and also have a Persei/Omicron charger and wanted to know if one is better than the other?

Also for Oil extraction if your worried about using chemicals to make goodies, you can make an extraction with Everclear (ethanol) but I heard in the state of Cali is illegal? Kinda crazy that it is if you ask me. Making oils with Hexane extraction has made some very pure results and even purer if you do a ethanol wash after making a Hexane extraction. In the end, I honestly would stay away from QWISO for cartridges though, it works for awhile but then the wick in the cart gets more and more dirty until it's unusable. Perhaps it would work in the hercules though? We shall see soon!

druminfected,
Reactions: OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I honestly would stay away from QWISO for cartridges though, it works for awhile but then the wick in the cart gets more and more dirty until it's unusable. Perhaps it would work in the hercules though? We shall see soon!
I made some QWISO and have about 0.8 of a gram.
The WAXES I get are so good why waste my time with QWISO.
Like you say you will destroy a perfectly good cart!

Rather than throw away the QWISO I may pour it on some TOP SHELF FLOWERS and VAPE it with the BENDER attachment.
A HERCULES TANK would be another way to use it up.

When I VAPE FLOWERS I usually throw out the ABV material.

OF

I made some QWISO and have about 0.8 of a gram.
The WAXES I get are so good why waste my time with QWISO.
Like you say you will destroy a perfectly good cart!

I agree both times. I understand for those less fortunate QWISO is the best option (against nothing at all in many cases) but 'the store bought stuff' is so much better.

And the cart fouling thing is a big issue with me. Not only the cost, but you end up fighting the carts (leaks a bit, but the production falls off starting early on). So not only do you end up adding the cost of a new cart with nearly every gram, but every time you do you loose another .2 grams of goods. With $30 grams of QWISO you get to vape say 2.4 grams in 3 carts for $50 a gram ($120/2.4). $45 dollar grams of nice wax, OTOH, is $51.78 (($145/2.8). For the extra sixty cents a gram (and less hassles) I have no trouble deciding......

Thanks.

OF

OF,
Reactions: ataxian

k3nd4l

well I'm filling up my cart on delta9 right now

1 SS bottom cap (so I can have 2 separate persei .. double top 2.4 for in the car & single top 5.0 for home use)
2 IMR 18350 batteries (what's the difference between the 700mah & 800mah .. I know the 700 will die faster but why is it more expensive is it because its AW?)
1 Hercules when it comes out

finally what does everyone say the order is in mouthpieces ? like best to worst opinion (derlin silicone drip)

k3nd4l,

OB

I am in the process of purchasing ss tubes and cartomisers for my gf to use ejuice and pure gold for me. Orderin d9 ce4 but when looking for ejuice I couldnt help but notice the plethora of other atomisers and cartomisers. One was $150. A cobra or somthin. The thing looked nuts. Would these higher quality misers work with an iris and adapter of course. And more imoprtantly pure gold. On a different note ive been running pure gold in a 4 ohm for a week now with no leaks. The cart sleeps in the fridge but is in use all day. Keep it un a dube tube when not in use. One previously had co2 and crumble in it so maybe that gave the gold places to go instead of running out the bottom.

OB,

friedbanana8

Pal, I've been barking up this tree for a couple days now. You have my promise that when I get my Herc the first thing I'll do is find out.
Thanks bro. When i put some in there yesterday, i only got a couple hits. im low on concentrates at the moment so i decided to wait until i pick up some more to try it out again; i put like a .2 in. I did notice that you get a heck of a lot more flavor with the hercules, which is awesome.

Im having some problems with the cartridges, i tried to take a hit a min ago and now the cartridge doesnt heat up at all, the blue light comes on but no heating. its a 5.0 ohm at 7.4 volts, i tried the single head and the double head. it was working just fine yesterday, but now no heat. what can i do?

friedbanana8,

mrmojo62

Im having some problems with the cartridges, i tried to take a hit a min ago and now the cartridge doesnt heat up at all, the blue light comes on but no heating. its a 5.0 ohm at 7.4 volts, i tried the single head and the double head. it was working just fine yesterday, but now no heat. what can i do?[/quote]

first thing is to switch out batteries to make sure the unit is getting enough juice; the higher the ohms the faster the battery fades. i usually swap out batteries in the morning whether i used the persei a ton or not just to keep them fresh. the iris top gives you battery levels, but with the non-lcd tops you're better changing batteries sooner than later.

hope this helps

mrmojo62,

friedbanana8

first thing is to switch out batteries to make sure the unit is getting enough juice; the higher the ohms the faster the battery fades. i usually swap out batteries in the morning whether i used the persei a ton or not just to keep them fresh. the iris top gives you battery levels, but with the non-lcd tops you're better changing batteries sooner than later.

hope this helps
thanks for the reply, sadly in my case i had just put in fully charged batteries fresh out the charger so that couldnt be the problem. Im still able to heat up the hercules, but the cartridge doesnt even get warm.

friedbanana8,

OF

thanks for the reply, sadly in my case i had just put in fully charged batteries fresh out the charger so that couldnt be the problem. Im still able to heat up the hercules, but the cartridge doesnt even get warm.

If you're getting the blue light normally it's not dead batteries. Your cart sounds dead (open, 'burnt out heaters'). That can happen fairly easily with the higher power carts, it only takes a few extra seconds sometimes. Sometimes they still feel warm since the bulk heater might be still OK.

If you had a meter (and knew how to use it) you could easily verify.

Best thing is to probably try to reclaim the concentrate and try again. If you're fairly new to Omicron carts, I suggest you stick to 2.4 Ohms at 3.7 Volts until you master the little guys. You can do a lot with them, and they're much more tolerant.

Good luck.

OF

friedbanana8

If you're getting the blue light normally it's not dead batteries. Your cart sounds dead (open, 'burnt out heaters'). That can happen fairly easily with the higher power carts, it only takes a few extra seconds sometimes. Sometimes they still feel warm since the bulk heater might be still OK.

If you had a meter (and knew how to use it) you could easily verify.

Best thing is to probably try to reclaim the concentrate and try again. If you're fairly new to Omicron carts, I suggest you stick to 2.4 Ohms at 3.7 Volts until you master the little guys. You can do a lot with them, and they're much more tolerant.

Good luck.

OF
yeah it would have been nice if my kit came with the 2.4 ohms instead of the 5.0ohms or maybe one of each, im currently waiting on my order of extra cartridges. It wouldn't be so bad if i could get the hercules to work better, so far every .2 that i throw in it only gives me 1 or 2 hits and they aren't even hits as big as from what i could pull out of the 5.0 ohm cartridge. seems like a waste of wax to use this thing...

friedbanana8,

OF

yeah it would have been nice if my kit came with the 2.4 ohms instead of the 5.0ohms or maybe one of each, im currently waiting on my order of extra cartridges. It wouldn't be so bad if i could get the hercules to work better, so far every .2 that i throw in it only gives me 1 or 2 hits and they aren't even hits as big as from what i could pull out of the 5.0 ohm cartridge. seems like a waste of wax to use this thing...

We've been over the 'they should ship' issue a few times, trump here is it's a kit for expert Omicron users to upgrade to. That's why the high voltage/power in the first place, and the dual top. Guy saw it as getting a racing bike with training wheels from the factory. FWIW I agree with you (and I think most Forum Members agree on reflection) but we weren't asked to vote.

Hercules has a rep for eating oil (leaks into the base of the heater), I'm going to guess that's where your goods are going? If you put it in the top and it didn't vape or leak out it's still there?

OF

OF,

friedbanana8

We've been over the 'they should ship' issue a few times, trump here is it's a kit for expert Omicron users to upgrade to. That's why the high voltage/power in the first place, and the dual top. Guy saw it as getting a racing bike with training wheels from the factory. FWIW I agree with you (and I think most Forum Members agree on reflection) but we weren't asked to vote.

Hercules has a rep for eating oil (leaks into the base of the heater), I'm going to guess that's where your goods are going? If you put it in the top and it didn't vape or leak out it's still there?

OF

Nah the little tank/cartridge has wax going in, but when i take it out its empty , and i gotta always wait a couple min cause it gets super hot to the touch; everything else i can still touch without getting burned. However, weak vapors.

friedbanana8,
Reactions: OF
Top Bottom