Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

OF

Nah the little tank/cartridge has wax going in, but when i take it out its empty , and i gotta always wait a couple min cause it gets super hot to the touch; everything else i can still touch without getting burned. However, weak vapors.

Are you sure it's not just absorbed into the sintered metal in the bottom of the cart (as it's designed to)? Have you tried weighing stuff to find where it's going? If you've put .2 in several times and only got a few weak hits it has to have gone somewhere.....

OF

OF,

friedbanana8

Are you sure it's not just absorbed into the sintered metal in the bottom of the cart (as it's designed to)? Have you tried weighing stuff to find where it's going? If you've put .2 in several times and only got a few weak hits it has to have gone somewhere.....

OF
that was my thought is exactly; .2 in three different tanks( because im not even sure if these are reusable as i havent the slightest clue about that) all with weak vapors. i dont have a scale that could measure at that precision. Is the leak a problem with the tanks or with the hercules unit itself?

friedbanana8,

OF

that was my thought is exactly; .2 in three different tanks( because im not even sure if these are reusable as i havent the slightest clue about that) all with weak vapors. i dont have a scale that could measure at that precision. Is the leak a problem with the tanks or with the hercules unit itself?

Ah, so! 3 different carts? I bet that's the problem right there. You should have kept adding to one, .2 might be about what it retains (like Omicron carts which retain about that same .2 or Revolution/DART that retains a little less but still significant). At the risk of wasting more of your oil, how about trying another .2 in one of those carts?

The idea is the goods melts into the mesh of the sintered metal that surrounds the heater rod. The heater evaporates the goods from there (inside the mesh) like it was a sponge.

The 'mystery leak' is into the base of the heater, through cracks where the cement holds the rod in. I don't think you're there, you just haven't put enough in any one cart yet. You use the carts until they foul out, then clean them (ISO soak and boil out in water) and go again.

OF

friedbanana8

Ah, so! 3 different carts? I bet that's the problem right there. You should have kept adding to one, .2 might be about what it retains (like Omicron carts which retain about that same .2 or Revolution/DART that retains a little less but still significant). At the risk of wasting more of your oil, how about trying another .2 in one of those carts?

The idea is the goods melts into the mesh of the sintered metal that surrounds the heater rod. The heater evaporates the goods from there (inside the mesh) like it was a sponge.

The 'mystery leak' is into the base of the heater, through cracks where the cement holds the rod in. I don't think you're there, you just haven't put enough in any one cart yet. You use the carts until they foul out, then clean them (ISO soak and boil out in water) and go again.

OF
you were right, i put a .1 cause thats all i have left on concentrates until i retrieve whats left in my 5.0ohm cartridge. i got about 7 good hits from it. Seems like the more i use it the better it gets, thats awesome lol. upon opening it up to check the tank i noticed the bottom metal part where the little hammer rod sticks out had a ring of oil around it as well as the threading of the top metal part that screws onto it. is this what you meant about the mystery leak?

friedbanana8

130324-221934_zps1694ec9d.jpg
130324-222151_zps70abea69.jpg
130324-222214_zps0b45b4af.jpg

druminfected

When I VAPE FLOWERS I usually throw out the ABV material.

Really? Save it and make some great edibles with some abv butter! It's totally worth it IMO :)

upon opening it up to check the tank i noticed the bottom metal part where the little hammer rod sticks out had a ring of oil around it as well as the threading of the top metal part that screws onto it. is this what you meant about the mystery leak?

OF is talking about those holes by the ceramic heating element thats sticking out ( white stem) that you put the tanks on top of.

friedbanana8

Really? Save it and make some great edibles with some abv butter! It's totally worth it IMO :)

OF is talking about those holes by the ceramic heating element thats sticking out ( white stem) that you put the tanks on top of.
this is the problem they are correcting on the newer versions?

friedbanana8,

OF

this is the problem they are correcting on the newer versions?

Yes, a leak in an area you're not looking at is the last issue on the list. It will call for the lower half of the part you show to be replaced. If you look at the rod where it enters the ceramic cement at the bottom of it you'll see a pair of holes? It leaks there or at a crack near by.

The cart seems to be doing just what it should, stop starving it and it'll hit way better. Keep in mind that to work right the material has to be soaked into the mesh at the bottom of the cart.

You'll get there. Lots of other guys have.

OF

friedbanana8

Yes, a leak in an area you're not looking at is the last issue on the list. It will call for the lower half of the part you show to be replaced. If you look at the rod where it enters the ceramic cement at the bottom of it you'll see a pair of holes? It leaks there or at a crack near by.

The cart seems to be doing just what it should, stop starving it and it'll hit way better. Keep in mind that to work right the material has to be soaked into the mesh at the bottom of the cart.

You'll get there. Lots of other guys have.

OF

yeah thanks man, ima pick up some concentrates this week and start breaking them tanks.

so watsup with the leak that going on in the pictures i put up? the oil is on the threading that connects the top part to the bottom part and around the outside of the bottom part (see pictures above), its also around the bottom of the tank, and theres a small puddle of oil around the rod that forms. will this cause any major problem and do you guys clean the hercules after every use?

March has come and is almost gone, yet no sign of 1701 cartridges.. :(
The 1701's were there last March also IIRC.

In the semiconductor industry there's a quote "Gallium Arsenide is the material of the future - and always will be." (If I'm correct, the proper attribution is Carver Mead, 1977 originally).

The 1701s have been on the web site, without any "Add to Cart" button, for about a year now. Don't hold your breath (please).

-NDA

Nick Again,
Reactions: Darb

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
condolences on the breakage! glad it wasn't the bender
(as i'm sure it cost more)
i like mixing concentrate and herb.
Bob:

My wife bought me a replacement.
She has never tasted MM however she realizes that it's the most natural medicine in the World.
My BENDER is performing amazing.
My night time medicine is delivered by the BENDER.
ASH CATCHER assisting the BENDER:
IMG_03321_zps568d78c1.jpg

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
yeah it would have been nice if my kit came with the 2.4 ohms instead of the 5.0ohms or maybe one of each, im currently waiting on my order of extra cartridges. It wouldn't be so bad if i could get the hercules to work better, so far every .2 that i throw in it only gives me 1 or 2 hits and they aren't even hits as big as from what i could pull out of the 5.0 ohm cartridge. seems like a waste of wax to use this thing...
I must say the 2.4 carts are so effective.
The 5.0 carts that I have in use are working incredibility well!

I got a new 2.4 cart from GRATEFUL BUYS in the mail today.
Will load it up with LOUIS XIV WAX (BRITTLE) BLONDE.

Your right the kits should come with the 2.4 carts instead of the 5.0 carts.

The 2.4's are like a Cadillac and the 5.0's are like a FERRARI.

exit

Hey ataxian, i have a question about your bender/bubbler setup, is there a "trick" to hitting it right?

It seems like when i try to use a bubbler, I get probably two pretty big hits out of it, but should I be expecting more?

Its kind of the same thing when I use the bender gllass mouthpiece but I feel like its a little harder to gauge when to hit it with the bubbler.

exit,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Hey ataxian, i have a question about your bender/bubbler setup, is there a "trick" to hitting it right?

It seems like when i try to use a bubbler, I get probably two pretty big hits out of it, but should I be expecting more?

Its kind of the same thing when I use the bender gllass mouthpiece but I feel like its a little harder to gauge when to hit it with the bubbler.
I get a lot of vapor and many rips.
Tuesday I will weight a load and count the rips.

I'm so use it it I'm kind of hooked on the Bubbler set-up!
It's TASTE better than my other portable vaporizers.

2 x AW IMR 18350's 900maH is the set of batteries I use.
I have 3 sets.
Do you have a HAMMER TOP?
I want one of these:
The_Hammer_Chrome_Top_2B__32305_zoom.jpg

ataxian,

Vakas

Hello Everyone, i am new here so sorry if I repeat a question, i did search tho and started reading from page 280 :).
I bought my Persei from Charlie Brown store in WVA as I could not order it online. I have the receipt and I wanted to know if it is under warranty.I am waiting to receive my hercules 7.4v from vaporwarehouse , should I use the Fix someone suggest earlier with the pads? or have these been updated. Is the hercules covered under warranty if its purchased from vaporwarehouse?

Vakas,
Reactions: ataxian

exit

ah i have the hammer but not the hammer top. the one that clicks on and stays on, i mean. i find it tends to burn on one side if i try to heat it too long. i guess my problem is that the glass gets very hot and then it is difficult to reheat for more vapor. but today i have been inhaling slowly from it while it stays hot and i think i have been doing better. i only have 2 sets batteries but i will order more soon.

do you keep the button locked down? ive been rocking it all day and am getting better i think.

exit,
Reactions: ataxian

friedbanana8

when there is a air restriction, you should definitely take the screen apart and clean it and put it back in.
will do, thanks for the tip

A few days back i was saying that the hercules wasn't hitting that strong, but ive done a complete 180 on that since then. I didnt know about the breaking in stage i was supposed to put it under, but after a few hours of reading i accidently found it and broke in my hercules. I put about a .1 in it yesterday(my last bit of concentrate) and took hits before i had broken it in. I was surprised when i went in to pull from it to cool it down after breaking it in, that it was producing vapors, from a tank that i thought was already donzo. Big hits that made me cough a ton. Now today i gave it another try, after a 30 second warmup, and the same results, mind you i only took two hits cause i was already way up there by that time. Im loving the hercules now, cant wait to get more wax so i could do that tank justice and pack it full.

For those of you that dont know about the breaking in process for the hercules, here it is:
make sure you have good batteries
hold down the blue botton for 30 seconds then let it cool down for 1 minute. Do this procedure 5 times. Now toss in a tank packed with your favorite and enjoy some bomb ass vapors.
Its also recommended to clean the unit first thing before the breaking it in.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
ah i have the hammer but not the hammer top. the one that clicks on and stays on, i mean. i find it tends to burn on one side if i try to heat it too long. i guess my problem is that the glass gets very hot and then it is difficult to reheat for more vapor. but today i have been inhaling slowly from it while it stays hot and i think i have been doing better. i only have 2 sets batteries but i will order more soon.

do you keep the button locked down? ive been rocking it all day and am getting better i think.
I want to get the HAMMER TOP however it works fine with the regular top as well.
The one thing that helps me suceed with the BENDER is stiring my FLOWERS.
$0.99 or a $9.00 Glass Stir Stick?
d0f8112e-e249-4ab7-9f8d-98b19de03bf7_zps44664b95.jpg

ataxian,

exit

I got an ashcatcher today from a friend but i noticed it has no downstem or anything....
So for right now its kinda useless
It looks like the one in yours has the downstem built in so what size do i need to get?

exit,

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
Where do you guys usually pick up your cartridges from?

I'm trying to find the best prices or a retailer that has a mix and match 5 pack at a better price. I know planetvape.ca does this, but are there any other places? D9 told me they wouldn't swap out a couple 2.4's for 1.5's, so that's not a road to go down either.

Atomsk,

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
I got an ashcatcher today from a friend but i noticed it has no downstem or anything....
So for right now its kinda useless
It looks like the one in yours has the downstem built in so what size do i need to get?

For your purpose that ash catcher is useless. The diameter you're looking for is 18mm, look for one with a down stem and percs / diffuser.

Atomsk,
Top Bottom